Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 11:48:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Kent State Massacre
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kent State Massacre  (Read 6357 times)
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« on: May 03, 2007, 07:58:23 AM »

Tomorro marks the 37th aniversary of the Kent State Massacre . According to CNN , It looks like the Guardsmen were ordered to shoot . Lets keep the victims in our prayers .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 08:23:42 AM »

Tomorro marks the 37th aniversary of the Kent State Massacre . According to CNN , It looks like the Guardsmen were ordered to shoot . Lets keep the victims in our prayers .

I'm sorry, I've never heard about that. Can you tell me what happened back then ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 10:55:50 AM »

I'm sorry, I've never heard about that. Can you tell me what happened back then ?

Wikipedia is your friend.  Grin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kent_State_Massacre
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 11:44:18 AM »

^ Thankx Grin

I'm always skeptical about Wiki, I never know if it's the accurate info or not peace

Long live GN'R.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »

^ Thankx Grin

I'm always skeptical about Wiki, I never know if it's the accurate info or not peace

You should always be skeptical. But for old stuff like that it's usually pretty reliable. For something like, say, Axl Rose's biography on there, I wouldn't trust it. Anything that is controversial, like Axl, has a chance of getting vandalized on Wikipedia. Some things are locked but a lot of topics aren't unfortunately. Something like the Kent State Massacre is considered a historical event, so it's more than likely got a lot of reliable information in it.
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:12:46 PM »

^ OK man, thankx for your time and the link yes

Long live GN'R.
cliffburton
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 05:11:35 PM »

Final Score:

National Guard: 4     Hippies: 0

It's a tragedy this happened, no decent person would deny that.  But it urks me that this gets all the attention rather than the multiple ROTC buildings that were burnt down across Ohio as well as schools shutting down.  They have an entire floor at my school dedicated to this period.  They have the fliers from where the anti-war students were threatening to hang the head of the ROTC department.  Yet, no one remembers all the damage that was done by the "peaceful" anti-war crowd.  The same people were back last year blocking the entrance to the Recruiter's station, banging drums and vandalizing what they could.  Kind of sends out a mixed message don't you think?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 05:15:44 PM »

Kind of sends out a mixed message don't you think?

No.
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 08:49:41 PM »

Thanks for posting that. I never heard of that befor. I'm shocked we never talked about it in school at all or even heard about it on tv with all the school shootings the last ten years.   

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

There was a great program on history or A&E about the kent state massacre a few months ago.  There was a teacher who pretty much broke it all up by begging the students to go someplace safe (or someting to that effect).  The show had a recording of it and you can hear the emotion in his voice - very powerful.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
GeraldFord
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 11:05:08 PM »

Final Score:

National Guard: 4? ? ?Hippies: 0

It's a tragedy this happened, no decent person would deny that.? But it urks me that this gets all the attention rather than the multiple ROTC buildings that were burnt down across Ohio as well as schools shutting down.? They have an entire floor at my school dedicated to this period.? They have the fliers from where the anti-war students were threatening to hang the head of the ROTC department.? Yet, no one remembers all the damage that was done by the "peaceful" anti-war crowd.? The same people were back last year blocking the entrance to the Recruiter's station, banging drums and vandalizing what they could.? Kind of sends out a mixed message don't you think?

As far as I know the kids shot at Kent State weren't part of the protest, they were bystanders.

And a vast, vast, vast majority of all protesters protested the war peacefully.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 11:22:41 PM »

And a vast, vast, vast majority of all protesters protested the war peacefully.

Of course they did, but clown shoez isn't going to say that man, c'mon.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 12:35:11 AM »

Pennywise , as I seem to recall , most of the violence didn't occur untill after the massacre . The pigs upped the ante then by killing two more students the following week in Mississippi .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 12:36:22 AM »

Pennywise , as I seem to recall , most of the violence didn't occur untill after the massacre . The pigs upped the ante then by killing two more students the following week in Mississippi .

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 03:09:08 AM »

Oops , sorry for the double post .

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 02:16:08 PM »

Final Score:

National Guard: 4? ? ?Hippies: 0

It's a tragedy this happened, no decent person would deny that.? But it urks me that this gets all the attention rather than the multiple ROTC buildings that were burnt down across Ohio as well as schools shutting down.? They have an entire floor at my school dedicated to this period.? They have the fliers from where the anti-war students were threatening to hang the head of the ROTC department.? Yet, no one remembers all the damage that was done by the "peaceful" anti-war crowd.? The same people were back last year blocking the entrance to the Recruiter's station, banging drums and vandalizing what they could.? Kind of sends out a mixed message don't you think?

the anti war crowd is anything but peaceful...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

You guys are so full of shit it's unreal.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2007, 04:49:11 PM »

are you kidding me?  the anti war crowd are the ones who key cars if they dont like a bumper sticker...they are the ones who would rejoice if Bush was assasinated...oh yeah and they are also the ones who crash events at colleges where guest speakers are speaking favorably about republicans or the war....get real.... just because the majority(not all) of the anti war crowd are scrawny little dudes who cant fight their way out of a paper bag doesnt mean they are not violent.... the left are only peaceful and understanding if you are saying exactly what they want to hear and you agree with them on everything....
cliffburton
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2007, 04:54:22 PM »

Oh c'mon. ? How can you call a group of people peaceful who vandalize - meaning destroy property including setting fires. ?Listen to yourselves. ?Half the people in the anti-war crowd call for Bush's head on a platter. ?What's even more amazing is that you people attack the recruiters and military programs. ?Your crowd doesn't goto Washington and vandalize the White House or the Capitol building where the decisions are made, you attack the people who are forced to do their bidding. ?You don't even have teh courage to do these illegal acts openly, you (meaning the anti-war crowd) wear masks and hide your identity. ?This isn't peaceful resistance and is no different than totalitarianism. ?Before you backtrack and try to accuse me of some logical fallacy you don't even understand, I asked if people destroying the property of others to get their agenda forced is against the ideals of peaceful resistance and you said no. ?Maybe you and the rest of the world have a different definition of peace. ?Maybe we can just goto terrorist cells and block the entrance to their doors, spray paint and break shit - that'll work.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2007, 06:53:33 PM »

This isn't peaceful resistance and is no different than totalitarianism
I assume were talking about 1970 ; not 2007. If so, the protesters were responding to an illegal , and immoral massive escalation of the war by the corrupt and criminal regime of R.M.N.
If not , Fascist rarely repond to peacefull protest with anything other than gas, clubs , and bullets . I might not be able to resond to logical fallacy , but I can smell a big heaping pile of BULLSHIT a mile away . Cheers T.R.C.

Yes , I understand this would corroberate your argument ... IF I agreed with your logic .

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: