Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 10:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228116 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  One month till start of the tour!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: One month till start of the tour!  (Read 4963 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2007, 09:31:22 PM »

They could never tour in the US again without an album (unless they reunited).

Yeah, I heard that after the 2002 tour.  And look what happened last year.  That tour was much better received all around than the 2002 tour.

Ali
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2007, 09:39:17 PM »

2006 was 100000000% better then 2002, but for some reason I'm now fascinated with 2002.  It was kind of like Michael Jordan wearing #45 instead of #23.

I'd go see GNR again even if theres no new album.  However I dont think they can do another successful arena tour.  It would have to be small venues like Hammerstein, if the album isn't out.  But I dont care, I had a great time every time I saw them last year.  Im sad that it was around this time last year Axl went on the Trunk show, the Hammerstein shows ... it was such an exciting time to be a GNR fan !

cineater
Legend

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2007, 09:40:34 PM »

So we going to be getting reports from the concerts from you guys? ?Personally I wish you would include a little more about what is going on on the stage. ?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2007, 09:46:03 PM »

Not sure why we should be looking forward to another tour without an album.

I wish you could say that to all the fans who have tickets to the upcoming shows.

I guess you preferred 2005.....

/jarmo

I agree - I'm looking forward to them coming to Australia - because unlike the US and Europe they weren't here in 2006 - or 2002.  We fans are probably like everyone in the US and Europe were in 2002/06 - we don't care if the album is out or not - we are just thankful to see them play live.

But I suppose selfish people that have already had numerous opportunities to see them last year and a few years ago may think differently.
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2007, 10:30:46 PM »

Well said - the band doesn't have to prove anything to us!!
Grateful for the opportunity to hear those classsic songs live - Don't Cry, SCOM, November Rain - how wild it will be!!!  ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2007, 10:40:31 PM »

Well said - the band doesn't have to prove anything to us!!
Grateful for the opportunity to hear those classsic songs live - Don't Cry, SCOM, November Rain - how wild it will be!!! ok

Yeah you're probably right the band doesn't have 2 prove anything to us fans, but they do have to prove a shit ton to all the music buyers in the world who aren't die hard fans!! That's a fairly important thing GNR needs to do...especially if you have the desire to see them stay together as a band.  If the money doesn't come, say goodnight to GNR as we now know it!

Also:  U didn't and probably won't get to hear Don't Cry live...A guitar solo of the song doesnt count!
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2007, 10:43:44 PM »

Ok, good points. Um could you explain your last comment about not hearing Don't Cry live? Don't quite get it...... Huh

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 10:47:57 PM »

I was saying that GNR hasn't (last year) been playing Don't Cry in concert, at least not the whole band.  Bumblefoot had been doing a guitar solo of the song though.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 10:50:12 PM »

2006 was 100000000% better then 2002, but for some reason I'm now fascinated with 2002.? It was kind of like Michael Jordan wearing #45 instead of #23.

I'd go see GNR again even if theres no new album.? However I dont think they can do another successful arena tour.? It would have to be small venues like Hammerstein, if the album isn't out.? But I dont care, I had a great time every time I saw them last year.? Im sad that it was around this time last year Axl went on the Trunk show, the Hammerstein shows ... it was such an exciting time to be a GNR fan !
That's a great analogy. ?#45 MJ = Buckethead/GNR. ?I agree with your points on small venues at least in the US. ?The fans in these countries they're hitting for the first time in 15 years seem to be anxious to see them. ?I can't wait for them to come back to the mainland but I have a feeling they're gonna make this a true WORLD tour.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 10:51:34 PM »

I was saying that GNR hasn't (last year) been playing Don't Cry in concert, at least not the whole band.? Bumblefoot had been doing a guitar solo of the song though.

Damm that song kicks ass - it is one that we aussies will want to hear!!! Cry

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 11:03:44 PM »

^^don't get your hopes up, i don't think they'll play it, other then as a solo.

i could care less wether they tour with the alubm out or not.  the live shows are what it's all about for me.  and i fiugre i've waited this long, i might as well hear the new stuff live until it is released and we can hear it all.

Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2007, 11:05:10 PM »

Not sure why we should be looking forward to another tour without an album.? I get the sense from within the online GNR community that if they start this tour without a single or a release date, they'll lose an assload of hardcore fan support.? There has alwasy been those that have gotten angry at the tours without the album in the past, but it seems like this whole community is gonna just explode with negativity if they start in June and there is no solid release date or single released.?

They could never tour in the US again without an album (unless they reunited).

Here's my opinion: ?Thats why everyone loves Axl. ?He's EXTREMELY unpredictable. ?As for myself, i will always be a hardcore fan; even when he's as old as Mick Jagger/Ozzy and still touring, i will be buying tickets to see him. ?Probably many times per tour. ?I will admit, i do not expect CD anytime soon. ?Probably not as long as Axl lives. ?That does not stop me from being the biggest GnR fan in my freind base, im flying to Australia to see them this time, and i fully intend on seeing them at MSG, and baltimore (unfortunately, because i live there). ?

As for the Reunion. ?i say fuck + that. ?I think slash is obsolete. ?i dont think his new shit is anywhere near new GnR, or old GnR for that matter. ?I love Izzy, i love Duff, and i especially love Matt (more so than Steven), but i dont really care to see slash back.

I'll end this, im out of control with this one.... But thanks for reading.

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2007, 11:22:06 PM »

i could care less wether they tour with the alubm out or not.? the live shows are what it's all about for me.? and i fiugre i've waited this long, i might as well hear the new stuff live until it is released and we can hear it all.

Does anyone know reasons why they don't do it?? Could be a voice thing I guess......

In any event, I tend to plan for miracles. We have a very cool Australian band called The Angels. The lead singer, Doc Neeson is a very charismatic dude but was in an accident several years ago and consequently lost his mojo to perform. At a recent gig (the rest of the band got on with things) I was told that it would take a miracle to get Doc back on stage. I put the word out on the net, told the fans to plan for a miracle and, lo and behold Doc will be performing again later this year!!!

PS:  in order to access the music of GnR I think people need to look to the past first......
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 03:29:06 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2007, 05:33:45 AM »

I agree - I'm looking forward to them coming to Australia - because unlike the US and Europe they weren't here in 2006 - or 2002.? We fans are probably like everyone in the US and Europe were in 2002/06 - we don't care if the album is out or not - we are just thankful to see them play live.

But I suppose selfish people that have already had numerous opportunities to see them last year and a few years ago may think differently.

You have a point there about some people who've seen the band in 02 and 06 not wishing to see them again until the album's out, but, speaking as someone who's been fortunate enough to see them numerous times in 02 and 06, I'm still excited to see them planning more live dates with or without the album.? If I was a better flier, I'd even get myself on a plane to Oz, (I'm in the UK), as seeing them last year was, to put it bluntly, nothing short of magical and I'm going to be so envious of you lot come June!? The chemistry and energy between this band at the moment is phenomenal and I hope you have a brilliant time at the shows.? yes?

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2007, 06:08:08 AM »

Phenomenal! Magical!
Energy and Chemistry!
My level of excitment has just gone up a notch!!
Thanks for that insight Cyllan!
 ok

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2007, 06:36:02 AM »

Phenomenal! Magical!
Energy and Chemistry!
 ok

Yeah, and she's just describing the HTGTH pub meetings before the gigs  beer  ok
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2007, 08:32:58 AM »

I agree - I'm looking forward to them coming to Australia - because unlike the US and Europe they weren't here in 2006 - or 2002.? We fans are probably like everyone in the US and Europe were in 2002/06 - we don't care if the album is out or not - we are just thankful to see them play live.

You have a point there about some people who've seen the band in 02 and 06 not wishing to see them again until the album's out, but, speaking as someone who's been fortunate enough to see them numerous times in 02 and 06, I'm still excited to see them planning more live dates with or without the album.? If I was a better flier, I'd even get myself on a plane to Oz, (I'm in the UK), as seeing them last year was, to put it bluntly, nothing short of magical and I'm going to be so envious of you lot come June!? The chemistry and energy between this band at the moment is phenomenal and I hope you have a brilliant time at the shows.? yes?

Hopefully I will feel the same way after the concerts too - I'm sure I will!

From a purely commercial perspective once they have finished this tour and going to the places they havent toured in years, I can see where some of the appeal of another tour without any new material, might be less appealing for some people.  Personally I'm a bit of a fantatic and would go and see them again regardless.  But they may struggle to sell the same number of tickets if they simply tried another tour again without the album as some of the less fanatical fans may not be interested in seeing them again without some new songs.

From a purely financial/commercial perspective it would make sense to release an album if they wish to start touring again in places they have already done in the last year or two and still sell a lot of tickets.

But either way - I will just be happy to see them turn up in Oz - Im going to 3 concerts here so I am trying to make sure I well and truly get my GN'R fix - just in case it's another 14 years of silence... after this tour  Wink  (as someone mentioned in an earlier thread that would be pretty cool if Izzy comes and they play 14 years - very ironic).
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2007, 08:58:51 AM »

i could care less wether they tour with the alubm out or not.? the live shows are what it's all about for me.? and i fiugre i've waited this long, i might as well hear the new stuff live until it is released and we can hear it all.

Does anyone know reasons why they don't do it?? Could be a voice thing I guess......

In any event, I tend to plan for miracles. We have a very cool Australian band called The Angels. The lead singer, Doc Neeson is a very charismatic dude but was in an accident several years ago and consequently lost his mojo to perform. At a recent gig (the rest of the band got on with things) I was told that it would take a miracle to get Doc back on stage. I put the word out on the net, told the fans to plan for a miracle and, lo and behold Doc will be performing again later this year!!!

PS:? in order to access the music of GnR I think people need to look to the past first......

I dont think anyone knows for sure but since Shannon Hoon died and he helped record the song on UYI it could be a reason and was best friends with axl.
cyllan
Constantly on tour
VIP

FABRICATI DIEM PUNC

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2007, 09:30:56 AM »

Phenomenal! Magical!
Energy and Chemistry!
 ok

Yeah, and she's just describing the HTGTH pub meetings before the gigs? beer? ok

No better way to spend those pre-show hours!? And looking forward to doing it all over again just as soon as possible. ?Grin

"I never thought all the love I was lookin? for
Could ever be so close to me?"
stolat
Banned
VIP

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2007, 09:33:48 AM »

Oh, I see. Thankyou for that follow up (PatCooper ^). Such a beautiful song.......
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 09:55:07 AM by stolat » Logged

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: