Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 01:24:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  John 5 covers "Welcome To The Jungle"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John 5 covers "Welcome To The Jungle"  (Read 18368 times)
Spirit
Legend

« on: February 14, 2007, 08:16:40 AM »

Not all is sinister on "The Devil Knows My Name" but there are tunnels to the past greats. John 5 shreds out his version of GUNS N' ROSES' "Welcome To The Jungle" and CHET ATKINS' "Young Thing". "I chose 'Welcome To The Jungle' for one reason ? when I was becoming successful it was easy to stay in the nest back home, then I saw the video and that made me get up and go to Hollywood," explains John 5. "Welcome To The Jungle" will be the first single off the album and will hit the airwaves soon.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=67020

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 08:17:50 AM »

hmmm i may be outta date.. but who is john 5  Huh
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:35 AM »

hmmm i may be outta date.. but who is john 5? Huh

He's the Rob Zombie guitarist. And he was once rumored to be GN'R's new guitar player...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »

Only an incredible guitarist who has played with Rob Halford, David Lee Roth and Marilyn Manson (where he changed his name from John Lowery to John 5). ?His solo stuff is incredible, and for the longest time he was rumoured to be leaving his position in Rob Zombie's band to join Guns N' Roses as the third guitarist. ?Before Bumblefoot happened.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:22:09 AM »

He's the Rob Zombie guitarist. And he was once rumored to be GN'R's new guitar player...

Ahh ok i knew the name sounded familar...

Well his take on Jungle should be interesting
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:30:07 AM »

this is going to be fun Smiley

erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 10:01:12 AM »

Does anyone have a link to this song yet?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 10:02:49 AM »

"The Devil Knows My Name" melds around clues, quotes and references of serial killers, wielding an eerie tone for those who dare to enter the world of John 5's mind. "I wanted a different tone to the instrumental with twisted imagery of sounds," explains John 5. "Utilizing serial killers came to light for this project while looking at their crimes and how distorted their minds work."

So it's a serial killer-themed album with a few covers thrown in?

Weird.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 10:06:28 AM »

Any of you "T-Boner"?

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 11:29:30 AM »

Call me stupid everyone but, just out of curiosity, why would anyone ever want to change their name to John 5 in the first place???    Huh    nervous

Maybe I'm getting old but, I just don't understand this world anymore.......    confused      crying
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2007, 11:35:13 AM »

Call me stupid everyone but, just out of curiosity, why would anyone ever want to change their name to John 5 in the first place?Huh ? Huh? ? nervous

Maybe I'm getting old but, I just don't understand this world anymore.......? ? confused? ? ? crying

Yeah, Whatever happened to names like.. Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Slash, Dizzy, Izzy, Axl...I mean ya know, good ol fashioned everyday names  hihi
bringbackadler
I don't know who's in the band
Banned
VIP

If you aint old school, kiss my ass

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2007, 11:36:58 AM »

Call me stupid everyone but, just out of curiosity, why would anyone ever want to change their name to John 5 in the first place?Huh ? Huh? ? nervous

Maybe I'm getting old but, I just don't understand this world anymore.......? ? confused? ? ? crying

Yeah, Whatever happened to names like.. Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Slash, Dizzy, Izzy, Axl...I mean ya know, good ol fashioned everyday names? hihi

I miss hearing those names alot too.    yes

"Adler's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference. His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked."? Izzy Stradlin
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »

Call me stupid everyone but, just out of curiosity, why would anyone ever want to change their name to John 5 in the first place???    Huh    nervous

Maybe I'm getting old but, I just don't understand this world anymore.......    confused      crying

Yeah, Whatever happened to names like.. Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Slash, Dizzy, Izzy, Axl...I mean ya know, good ol fashioned everyday names  hihi

Yes dude but, those to me seem like pretty cool names whereas John 5?Huh?    Huh          Shocked

Like I said man, I must be getting old or something...........            nervous            confused               crying         
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 11:41:03 AM »

Yeah, Whatever happened to names like.. Buckethead, Bumblefoot, Slash, Dizzy, Izzy, Axl...I mean ya know, good ol fashioned everyday names? hihi

Yes dude but, those to me seem like pretty cool names whereas John 5?Huh?? ? Huh? ? ? ? ? Shocked

Like I said man, I must be getting old or something...........? ? ? ? ? ? nervous? ? ? ? ? ? confused? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?crying? ? ? ? ?

he was prolly gonna name himself like John V like the greek letter, but then maybe he got that people would have called him John Vee and not John 5 Huh hihi
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2007, 11:50:28 AM »

All it was is, at the time he joined Marilyn Manson you had to have a weird name.  And he's probably a fan of the Short Circuit movies.
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 11:57:38 AM »

All it was is, at the time he joined Marilyn Manson you had to have a weird name.? And he's probably a fan of the Short Circuit movies.

Ha I forgot all about Johnny 5.

It would have been interesting to hear him in GNR, though.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58:57 AM »

All it was is, at the time he joined Marilyn Manson you had to have a weird name.? And he's probably a fan of the Short Circuit movies.

Ha I forgot all about Johnny 5.

It would have been interesting to hear him in GNR, though.

i'm fine with what we have
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 12:12:52 PM »

Yes dude but, those to me seem like pretty cool names whereas John 5?Huh?    Huh          Shocked

Like I said man, I must be getting old or something...........            nervous            confused               crying         

Yeah, you're right 'Bumblefoot' is way cooler than "John 5" what was he thinking?

Don't blame it on getting old man, just blame it on being clueless and getting hung up on trivial things then go about your day.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 12:25:33 PM »

I remember reading that Manson himself named him "John 5".  It was sort of a big deal because he was the first MM band member who was not named after a mix of a serial killer/famous diva: Examples: Marilyn Manson, Twiggy Ramirez, Madonna Wayne Gacy.

It's weird that he kept the John 5 monikor, though.  Twiggy changed his name back to Jeordie White when he left Manson and started playing with Nine Inch Nails.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:03 PM »

Speaking of covers, I really like these guys.   

www.myspace.com/mothergoosepickers

They do awesome bluegrass covers of GnR songs, inspired by the work of Mr. Chris Pitman.  Make sure you check them out too!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: