Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 08, 2024, 09:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228157 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' New Zealand!! First show sold out, additional dates announced
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' New Zealand!! First show sold out, additional dates announced  (Read 10831 times)
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2007, 04:06:03 AM »

What a great place to go and play! Although I am English, NZ is the best country in the world! Amazing people, lovely weather, beautiful landscapes and a great place to play cricket!!! Spent the best year of my life in Auckland! Hope any board members from NZ have a great time at the gig!! Mike

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2007, 04:09:41 AM »

never mind the plane trip , the nz's accent is the worst imo,

I cant stand it, so make sure you bring ear plugs when you walk around of a day? rofl rofl beer

I find that hilarious - since aussie accents are the most crass of them all.? "Aww streeeuth mate I waz out keeln and shaggn roos all niite"

Wink Tongue

What the fuck are you on about, stop watching crocodile dundee,
thats all fake shit, like throw a shrimp on the barbie, its all crap,

However, new zealand accents aren't , because the maurie and non maurie people all have similar accents,
where us australians don't really have an accent,
look at nicole kidman for instance,
does she speak like that ?
No,
case closed,

out!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
kollemann
Rocker

Chinese Democracy is now!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2007, 04:37:42 AM »

THX for posting. ok

http://www.myspace.com/kollemann = german GNR support

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/profile.php?id=100000610764106
Stupid Head
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2007, 05:11:01 AM »

I cant stand it, so make sure you bring ear plugs when you walk around of a day? rofl rofl beer

I find that hilarious - since aussie accents are the most crass of them all.? "Aww streeeuth mate I waz out keeln and shaggn roos all niite"
LOL haha no you do have an accent and I did find it annoying( but Im kiwi so Im expected to think this? Tongue). I just spent 3 months in Queensland. All the guys knew I was a kiwi instantly but the girls thought I had a South African accent (!?) On two occasions, a woman even thought I was Canadian or Irish...

Anyway, I cant wait for this gig!

Wink Tongue

However, new zealand accents aren't , because the maurie and non maurie people all have similar accents,
No,
case closed,

out!

LOL haha no you do have an accent and I did find it annoying( but Im kiwi so Im expected to think this  Tongue)Nicole Kidman doesnt have a strong accent at all.. I just spent 3 months in Queensland. All the guys knew I was a kiwi instantly but the girls thought I had a South African accent (!?) On two occasions, a woman even thought I was Canadian or Irish...

Anyway, I cant wait for this gig!

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 05:12:35 AM by Stupid Head » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2007, 05:26:34 AM »

The tour is getting bigger and bigger every day.? beer

Yeah ! Isn't that great yes yes

Plus the band receives a lot of good press Smiley

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2007, 07:01:25 AM »

Wink Tongue

No,
case closed,

out!

Aww comeon wheres ya sense of humour...was only teasn.  Oh and btw - its Maori's  Roll Eyes
And Nicole lives mostly in US so of course her accent isnt very strong.
I wasnt trying to insult you or anything - I love Aussies - but what kind of convo would it be without a bit of trans tasman teasing?

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2007, 07:10:45 AM »

What a great place to go and play! Although I am English, NZ is the best country in the world! Amazing people, lovely weather, beautiful landscapes and a great place to play cricket!!! Spent the best year of my life in Auckland! Hope any board members from NZ have a great time at the gig!! Mike

Mike - you talk sense every time you type my friend! Although I'm scottish - i adore NZ - it is a fantastic country and I would live there in a shot. SO pleased that NZ gets GnR - its a very Rock country - lots of bars/pubs i went to in Wellington and Dunedin and Queenstown all had both Illusions and AFD on juke box. This gig will be HUGE.  I wanna hear NZ cheer from HERE!
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:37 AM »

Mike - you talk sense every time you type my friend! Although I'm scottish - i adore NZ - it is a fantastic country and I would live there in a shot. SO pleased that NZ gets GnR - its a very Rock country - lots of bars/pubs i went to in Wellington and Dunedin and Queenstown all had both Illusions and AFD on juke box. This gig will be HUGE.? I wanna hear NZ cheer from HERE!

Thankyou babydolls! Kind words! Your right though, when I was in Auckland for a year in 1997 a lot of the clubs I went to played good rock music! And the country as a whole is mindblowing! I would emigrate tomorrow like a shot! I imagine that the gig will be amazing! I have a friend who is going to get tickets and he will be taking plenty of photos for me to post on here! Hey did you know that the majority of the earliest settlers on the South Island of NZ were from Scotland babydolls?

Mike
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 08:29:17 AM by 33 » Logged

babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2007, 08:48:02 AM »

I gathered that from when I was travelling there - so many people were originally from Glasgow in particular - it was great!  never been to a country so awesome in my life in terms of people, atmos, views (oh my god the views and landscapes!).

I know one person going and she is rallying the troops.  This gig is going to have amazing atmosphere!
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 08:35:12 PM »

Babydolls & 33 - you guys rock too.  We would like more of you in our country  Cheesy

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
budmaster
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 08:58:36 PM »

maybe some of you know that i was living in the UK until last year.....Now i'm a permenant NZ resident, so i'll be in Auckland for the gig!  beer

Great country & hopefully i'll never be going back to the rancid smell of the UK again. Pretty much everything about NZ is better!

Peace
Budmaster
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 03:39:43 PM »

Babydolls & 33 - you guys rock too.? We would like more of you in our country? Cheesy

Thankyou very much! If I could get my way with with my lady, then we would emigrate tomorrow! Enjoy the gig! Take it easy! Mike

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2007, 05:13:03 PM »

Don't know if anybody else noticed, but this press release reffers to the tour as 'Chinese Democracy World Tour' as opposed to 'Guns N' Roses World Tour' in April/May.

Probably not of any significance, but anyway...

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2007, 07:40:57 PM »

good for NZ you will get the best band touring today.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2007, 03:26:11 PM »

PLEASE someone tell me what other band ever in history can tour the world not realeased an album in 15 yrs, and still command an audience. .. anyone?,.............. GUNS N ROSES! and there will be CD for us , have no doubts about that.

Pink Floyd could easily do that and not just arenas but stadiums nonetheless its still "inspiring" Axl is touring without a CD but I hope that changes fast.

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2007, 07:46:09 AM »

Good old Axl.

I am flying out to NZ to live in July, and he turns up in June. rofl

My sis will have to go.

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2007, 10:24:50 PM »

More than 12,000 tickets were sold for Guns N' Roses' Auckland show this morning, causing the show to sell out in less than an hour.

A second show has now been announced and it will take place at Vector Arena on Saturday, June 30th.

Tickets go on sale today.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2007, 10:30:27 PM »

The Guns N? Roses Chinese Democracy World Tour   

12:55 pm, 30 Apr 2007    

Auckland Show Sold Out In Under An Hour! Second Show On Sale At 1pm Today

Tickets for the New Zealand leg of the Guns N? Roses Chinese Democracy World went on sale this morning. Fans rushed the box office and tickets for the first show in Auckland sold out in UNDER AN HOUR!

Unprecedented demand means a second and final show on Saturday 30 June has been announced and will go on sale at 1pm today.

Australian promoter Paul Dainty said: ?We knew the demand was strong as we received an unprecedented number of calls from fans in the lead up to going on sale. Guns N? Roses have not been in New Zealand since 1993 so it?s been a long wait to see this legendary band; we expect tickets for the final show will sell out fast.?

TICKETS for the second New Zealand show of the Chinese Democracy World Tour are on sale at 1pm today through TICKETMASTER.

NEW ZEALAND TOUR DATES

Friday 29 June (SOLD OUT) ? VECTOR ARENA AUCKLAND
Saturday 30 June ? VECTOR ARENA AUCKLAND

TICKETS ON SALE AT 1PM TODAY
THROUGH ALL TICKETMASTER OUTLETS, VECTOR ARENA BOX OFFICE
Phone (09) 970 9700 or go to www.ticketmaster.co.nz

http://www.newswire.co.nz/main/viewstory.aspx?storyid=370231&catid=3011

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2007, 10:31:27 PM »

This is just horrible!

This band has become a laughing stock! First Tommy's injury and now this..... no
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2007, 10:33:59 PM »

This is good news! Lets hope everything goes as planned  ok

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: