Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 02:31:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Guns N Roses VS Velvet Revolver...show a little respect
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses VS Velvet Revolver...show a little respect  (Read 3055 times)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« on: April 30, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »

Reading through different posts by various board members I'm amused and confused about this whole GnR vs VR thing! People start slagging off Slash, Duff or Axl saying one is better than the other and so on...it reminds me of primary school where kids used to argue over who's daddy was stronger. I fell in love with Appetite for Destruction, GnR Lies and UYI and had the greatest respect and admiration for all musicians and vocalists involved. It just pisses me off a bit to hear people who bothered joining this board as Guns fans just to completely knock the shit out of these guys who are all still clearly talented men who influenced and contributed so much to the music world. Personally I've have a huge respect for all members of Velvet Revolver and Guns N Roses. Slash's recent comments about not ruling out a possible reunion for a performance caused alot of people to say he was trying to cause a stir in the GnR camp etc. He wasn't. He was being realistic and fair. Too many artists embarrass themselves by saying never again and then they do. All these guys still respect each other despite past quarrels. It just gets blown out of proportion by the media because they are high profile musical figures. I just don't like to see these guys being disrespected by people who don't appear to be true music fans. Let's face it Velvet Revolver and Guns N Roses are both excellent rock groups, there's not too many new bands quite like them today!? peace? smoking
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:25:15 AM by gcluskey » Logged

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »

Well said! 
cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 09:40:52 AM »

I love the original Gunners (of course), I love the new Gunners, and I love VR.
The way I see it, we, the fans are lucky we now have two awesome groups! All the more rock for us.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:27:35 AM »

Exactly! We should be happy they're all still alive and working hard to bring music to the masses

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 10:26:55 PM »

if we recieve to great rock records this year from guns and vr were in for a great year

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2007, 10:47:40 PM »

I only dislike Scott and Slash...and if Slash went back to his bluesy playing (ala AFD and UYI) I'd like him again, too.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 01:26:11 PM »

well said, im tired of ppl saying that too.

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Stonerose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 04:52:54 AM »

Well said, im not the biggest fan of velvet revolver musically. But i love slash and duff and i like matt. So i dont get how people can slag them off if theyre GNR fans. The same with steven adler, leave the fukin guy alone. Same goes for Axl and izzy.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 09:03:37 AM »

if you want respect for Velvet Revoler, try http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com

otherwise shut up and accept the fact that this is a GnR board and not everyone is going to be a fan of VR.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 01:32:41 PM »

I love the original Gunners (of course), I love the new Gunners, and I love VR.
The way I see it, we, the fans are lucky we now have two awesome groups! All the more rock for us.

I agree 100%. No need to pick and choose. We can (and should) enjoy them all.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 02:45:00 PM »

if you want respect for Velvet Revoler, try http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com

otherwise shut up and accept the fact that this is a GnR board and not everyone is going to be a fan of VR.

You do know that 3 of those guys were GNR, right??

Look I'm not a huge fan of VR.. But fuck man Slash and Duff gave me (ALL OF US!!!), the music we love from this band.. No reason to hate on those guys.. But Matt is just a cocky douche, so....
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2007, 10:06:58 PM »

I just don't get how so many many threads get turned into this GNR or VR crap. I mean I like the new band, and I could see how fans of the new band would get annoyed by an overwhelming amount of VR talk, but seriously most of the time people bring it into a section where it doesn't even make any sense to start arguing. I'll admit at this point I like VR more than the new band. But I don't like them half as much as the old. I still like all of them tho. It is possible. Some people seem to think it's some form of disloyalty towards Axl or something and thats when people have to check their head. I love music as much as anyone I've ever met but it's still just a band. Hating on VR out of 'loyalty' to Axl or hating the new band out of 'loyalty' to Slash, Duff, etc. is just plain stupid. None of these people know or care that you exist. If you were being evicted none of them would pay your rent because you were loyal on a internet messageboard and blasted someone who didn't like "Oh My God".

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Lostrose
Rocker

This here is my hetero-lifemate, Silent Bob.

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2007, 12:12:20 AM »

wow.  i hate VR because they suck, not out of "loyalty" for anybody.  in my opinion, new GnR is good tunage, and VR is bad tunage.  Slash seems to have forgotten the art of Soloing, and Scott is....well....gay. 

At this point, i dont think i would like to see slash back; the solo in Twat fuckin rules (the version on the front page of www.gunsnroses.us) and compares with some of Slash's better work.

And Sorum rules. 

I guess, I guess, I guess I never fuckin' learn...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: