Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 06:49:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Single Speculation
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Single Speculation  (Read 13536 times)
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »

I would like to say that the single will be an unheard song, but I think it will be Better
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 03:08:52 PM »

Dont you think "Better" being the first single would be a bit anti-climatic at this point, with the second version leaking and gaining radio airplay earlier this year?

I think it would have made the perfect first single, although now I think some of the surprise and intrigue surrounding it has worn off, even perhaps for the general public.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 11:40:21 AM »

I am starting to think we will get nothing as in naming the album Chinese democracy which is an oxymoron because it doesn't exist. I think Axl called it that because the CD does not exist and it doesn't have to because this could all be one big marketing ploy. Someone suggested this and it really makes sense to me. He will keep the CD Chinese Democracy and string us along for another five more years saying that he is in the process of doing whatever.

I would love a single but I unfortunately don't think we are going to get one. Something is way up with this band. I don't mean to be negative but all that is happening just doesn't jive. And especially the waiting and waiting and waiting...

Puking doesn't make me horny.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 12:10:51 PM »

it doesn't exist. I think Axl called it that because the CD does not exist and it doesn't have to because this could all be one big marketing ploy.

Your idea would sound old in 2005...but now it's rather fresh. I'm impressed.  Huh
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »

That actually makes alot of sense and i hope to god it is not true..   i was the biggest GnR fan that walked the earth but ever since the March 6 tenative release date coming and going and no word on the album i really started to lose my love for this band.  i seen them live in Halifax on Novemeber 20, 2006 and they have so much potential and could really kick ass if they released the album and started releasing albums again.  what a waste of awesome talent.  Axl if you are reading this man i hope you understand you have a ton of fans that absolutley love you and Guns N' Roses,  please give us some sort of update on the album,  i really dont think we can hang on much longer, we know you are busy and have stuff going on but us fans admire you and the band so much and all we ask for is some honest information regarding the album or a single,  that would make all of us so damn happy.

take care and all the best
                                            Axl29Rose,.,.,.,,.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 02:10:39 PM »

I am starting to think we will get nothing as in naming the album Chinese democracy which is an oxymoron because it doesn't exist. I think Axl called it that because the CD does not exist and it doesn't have to because this could all be one big marketing ploy. Someone suggested this and it really makes sense to me. He will keep the CD Chinese Democracy and string us along for another five more years saying that he is in the process of doing whatever.

I would love a single but I unfortunately don't think we are going to get one. Something is way up with this band. I don't mean to be negative but all that is happening just doesn't jive. And especially the waiting and waiting and waiting...

r u actually serious?  you conspiracy theorists are funny people.  Didn't he have a listening party at his house?  At least Sebastian Bach and however many others were there would have to be in on it...  So they wrote, what, like 6 songs just as part of a practical joke or scam or whatever you would call that?  Or if he actually has an albums worth of material and doesn't plan on releasing it, then IMO it is the worst marketing ploy I've ever heard of since he'd make a helluva lot more money if there were an album to go with all these tours...  That makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I believe it's more likely he just gets a kick out making everyone wait...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 04:32:28 PM »

Well

r u actually serious? you conspiracy theorists are funny people. Didn't he have a listening party at his house? At least Sebastian Bach and however many others were there would have to be in on it... So they wrote, what, like 6 songs just as part of a practical joke or scam or whatever you would call that? Or if he actually has an albums worth of material and doesn't plan on releasing it, then IMO it is the worst marketing ploy I've ever heard of since he'd make a helluva lot more money if there were an album to go with all these tours... That makes absolutely zero sense to me.

I believe it's more likely he just gets a kick out making everyone wait...

Well that would be pretty fucking morbid if that were true! I can see how legal problems, band changes,etc. could hold things up for awhile, but not this long.  This is obviously speculation, but there must really be something F'ed up going on behind the scenes because I honestly think Axl wants to release this cd as soon as possible.  Maybe he just has demons of insecurity and doubt that he can't beat yet.  Either way, I'm curious to find out what the hell has taken so long!
estranged27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2007, 09:35:37 PM »

most likely better will be the single but i'd like to see Chinese Democracy as the first single. its a hard rocker and is getting very positive feedback in its new form
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2007, 09:54:36 PM »

The Blues would make an extraordinary second single.

A "rocker" would be ideal as the first, but The Blues would make a tremendous follow-up single ok

Chinese Democracy?? Shocked  This song is still kick ass Grin
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2007, 10:20:30 PM »

Uh, yeah, right. Then how do you explain the song Chinese Democracy. That exists, right?

VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2007, 11:31:41 PM »

they should re-release "14 years"  (14 years of silence,14 years of pain...)  then follow up that with better, the blues, new rocker
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 12:06:40 PM »

IMO... CD will be the single. best new track I've heard so far.
Should be the single.
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2007, 01:37:05 PM »

After listening to it, I would  be shocked if CD wasn't the first single. I was never a huge fan of the  song until today.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2007, 01:38:37 PM »

After listening to it, I would? be shocked if CD wasn't the first single. I was never a huge fan of the? song until today.

Same here.....never dug the song that much....but now.....HOLY SHIT...!!!!!1

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2007, 01:44:19 PM »

Chinese Democracy in this form would make an excellent single.  I think it would appeal to the modern rock crowd, and hell it's one of the heaviest GnR songs I've heard in this version.  But I still choose Better as the best all around option for a single, it has everything, it rocks, it's catchy, it has pop appeal.  The Blues is pretty striking too, it would make a great follow up single but it's too soft for the lead single
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »

CD Should be the single...what MONSTER track. smoking

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2007, 01:58:11 PM »

After recent developments I would love to see CD as the 1st single.  Wow....
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2007, 02:07:36 PM »

if it's one of the songs we've heard, I bet it'll be IRS or CD.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2007, 02:09:19 PM »

i don't know, sounds very NIN/MM late 90s.  we're getting close to 2010.  I hope this is just an early version.  still, TONS of potential and I really dig parts of it.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2007, 02:19:21 PM »

I'm thinking better, it is very radio friendly and tight IMO.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: