Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:30:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Music on MTV?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music on MTV?  (Read 5628 times)
slash411
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 29, 2007, 05:56:10 AM »

Is anyone else sick of what is going  on with "Pop" music right now?  I know I am..  I am sick of seeing people who are Lil' Jon rip offs (who sucks by the way) repeating the same f'ing chorus over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over about how he'll get the girl or beat someone up... Is that what makes music today?  Why does this SELL?Huh   I came to the GNR website knowing you guys would back me up because thats good music... but what is up with today???  How come all you have to do these days is steal a beat from the 70's - 80's and repeat a line over and over and over and over and over on it and you're a superstar???  Why does young America like this???  What has happened to our artistic portion of our culture?Huh  Is this it??? Is this what we have to show for ourselves???  rapping.... no scratch that... screaming and shouting over beats saying things like "Yeah... Yeah... 'till the sweat drops down my balls...all these 'bitches' crawl"  why does this sell?  why do people like this?  I understand freedom of whatever you want... but why would you buy this crap... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
supaplex
VIP

just another lazy prick

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2007, 06:15:02 AM »

the good music is still out there and if you search good enough you'll find it. mtv is not the right place to search for it.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 06:33:38 AM »

Is anyone else sick of what is going  on with "Pop" music right now?  I know I am..  I am sick of seeing people who are Lil' Jon rip offs (who sucks by the way) repeating the same f'ing chorus over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over about how he'll get the girl or beat someone up... Is that what makes music today?  Why does this SELL?Huh   I came to the GNR website knowing you guys would back me up because thats good music... but what is up with today???  How come all you have to do these days is steal a beat from the 70's - 80's and repeat a line over and over and over and over and over on it and you're a superstar???  Why does young America like this???  What has happened to our artistic portion of our culture?Huh  Is this it??? Is this what we have to show for ourselves???  rapping.... no scratch that... screaming and shouting over beats saying things like "Yeah... Yeah... 'till the sweat drops down my balls...all these 'bitches' crawl"  why does this sell?  why do people like this?  I understand freedom of whatever you want... but why would you buy this crap... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

well what type of music are you looking for and ill see what i can get ya.

html sucks
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 06:34:10 AM »

Well in England we have two - three channels that get away from most of that type of music,they are Kerrang and Scuzz and MTV2 (sometimes) the only problem is they also play the Emo shit as well like MCR BFMV FFAF etc so a bit of channel hopping is still required but the other thing to think of is, if you dont like it dont watch it, do something else instead
Elrothiel
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 07:40:09 AM »

Dude... if ya want decent music, I suggest you look to the past. There really is such a low amount of awesomeness around these days that you'd have to spend hours and hours and days and days searching for it... Indie sucks, emo sucks, screamo sucks, rap sucks, pop sucks, dance sucks... one of the only bands that I've liked who are modernish are Mindless Self Indulgence... and they're not to everyone's taste.

BUT... check em out because if they ARE to your taste, then you'll fuckin' love it.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 08:15:37 AM »

Coz when peeps lizten to it dey is gangzta.

'till the sweat drops down my balls

I shall have to remember that one.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Elrothiel
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 08:22:22 AM »

Actually... its "to the window, to the wall, to the sweat drippin' from my balls"

... and the only reason I know that is because I've watched Chris Rock stand up comedy...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2007, 11:41:21 AM »

I remember when they used to play music on MTV.

Now its all bullshit shows created by MTV.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
anythinggoes
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2007, 11:46:17 AM »

Actually... its "to the window, to the wall, to the sweat drippin' from my balls"

... and the only reason I know that is because I've watched Chris Rock stand up comedy...

Bullshit you have the album and have been reading the lyrics  Grin hihi peace Tongue
Elrothiel
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 11:52:49 AM »

Shocked You caught me out! Oh the shame! The shame of it all!! hihi Tongue peace Grin
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 12:15:52 PM »

listen to Crash Midnight if you want some interesting new hard rock music yes

the good music is still out there and if you search good enough you'll find it. mtv is not the right place to search for it.

exactly. MTV shows no music videos at all these days, at least not during the day. Only MTV2 shows videos. FUSE is another ok channel, but its mostly alt. rock and emo these days. VH1 Classic shows some good stuff  yes

I think that MTV's lack of "music television" will lead to its demise. Thats why the internet, and places like youtube and myspace are suddenly the best, if not the only places for bands to get their names out there.

If you listen to bands in the 70s and 60s, and you listen to their early albums, often they are pretty bad compared to their follow-ups. Thats another problems with the industry today, if a band's  first album isn't a mega hit, they're screwed.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 12:17:45 PM by Robman? » Logged
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 01:40:49 PM »

listen to Crash Midnight if you want some interesting new hard rock music yes

exactly. MTV shows no music videos at all these days, at least not during the day. Only MTV2 shows videos. FUSE is another ok channel, but its mostly alt. rock and emo these days. VH1 Classic shows some good stuff  yes

I think that MTV's lack of "music television" will lead to its demise. Thats why the internet, and places like youtube and myspace are suddenly the best, if not the only places for bands to get their names out there.

If you listen to bands in the 70s and 60s, and you listen to their early albums, often they are pretty bad compared to their follow-ups. Thats another problems with the industry today, if a band's  first album isn't a mega hit, they're screwed.

labels dont cultivate a band's career anymore or give them creative control in many cases. Its always been about the money, but even more so now.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2007, 01:55:23 PM »

i agree fully with ya Slash411, all music today is bullshit and gay and just so damn stupid and cheesey and just fucking GAY. I HATE IT, I HATE IT ALL rant FUCK MTV

if you want to watch the old music videos form the 80s check out METAL MANIA on VH1 classic beer the only problem is is that i don't know when its on because i dont have that channel crying but if you do i sugest you watch it yes

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2007, 02:17:30 PM »

MTV hasn't been good since 1990........just barely.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 03:03:36 PM »

MTV was good in the 80's through about mid 90's then ,from their slow turned into a dog shit

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2007, 03:05:49 PM »

Any of us "old" folks will remember how awesome it was in the early years....what a shame really, at this point it has been horrible for most of its existence. VH1 classics is a great station, although I heard they canceled that too?  no
dr.kool
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2007, 03:33:27 PM »

Here in Europe they show VH1 rocks. All the good music is there, yesterday
I saw Slash's snakepit: Aint life grand and later on Civil War live from Tokyo,
From the UYI tour. They show VH1 classic every day over here, which is really great.

YO!
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »

most of it isnt even music anymore, they have fucking reality shows. that pisses me off the most. its a fucking MUSIC station for christsakes.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 05:20:51 PM »

MTV was good in the 80's through about mid 90's then ,from their slow turned into a dog shit
well it was since everyone was all "alternative" blah blah lets wank off over nirvana. thats when it went shit.

html sucks
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 05:37:35 PM »

well it was since everyone was all "alternative" blah blah lets wank off over nirvana. thats when it went shit.

Nirvanva wasn't that bad , but hell did you forget about the Alice in Chains, soundgarden, ect. videos.?

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: