Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 08:25:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses Originality
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses Originality  (Read 3056 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« on: April 27, 2007, 07:12:18 AM »

I was watching a clip of the blues from last year, and what occurred to me, when I was thinking
of some peoples opinions, which include things like " the new gnr will never be as good as
the original line up , " I Only watch the new gnr caus of Axl " etc. Now, Im not dissing
any line up, old or present, but What Ive noticed about the new lineup is they have something
to prove to us, but more importantly for themsleves. Axl has given these guys a chance of a
lifetime by placing every member who is unique in their own way, and should be only
looked upon that way, and not whether they can live up to there so called "predasessors" into a
great band known as guns  n' roses.
Every one of them deserves to be where they are, because they work hard to be there "proof of
this is Axls the driving force, and they cant slack off Wink " And every one of them have a
unique aura about them, "presecene " if you will. Bumblefoot has his own hard/cool rock style
about him, Finck has a bluesy dont give a shit, melodic feel, and fortus has a great kinda punkish
rock vibe going. Now, im no way comparing them to the old lineup, but what we have so fortunate
with this one, and not the old, is that all of them shine, and none of them really shines apart from
each other, which is GREAT, as they will all have shared fans, and everyone at all the shows will
be happy where they are ,no matter what guitarist is in front of them at the time, where as,
everyone 20 years ago just focused on Axl and Slash , and minorily duff (sorry but true) .

So before people start putting down the lineup, and comparing the old vs new bullshit,
consider this, New players, bring a freshened up vibe from different music backgrounds, and perhaps help axl to achieve
the unacheivalbe (60 plus concerts last year), as they say, having young enthusiastic people
around you, you shall soon become one yourself.
So as far as im concerned, Im glad we have the "new" guys, and Bumblefoot is more then welcome
if it helps Axl to fulfill his musical manifestation that he so blatently calls "Chinese Democracy",
and let we live in a world , where we dont compare everyone to everyone else, and just
accept the people for who they are and what they can do to benefit music,
 and not who they should be.

Long Live Chinese Democracy, and the legacy known as 'Guns N 'F@kn Roses'.

p.s this is my opinion, everyones entitled to their own, so feel free to critisize , as I dont really giv a sugar what you say,
just had to get it of my chest.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:16:19 AM »

Good post. As a guitarist myself of 20+ years I consider Fortus to be the strongest of the 3 guitarists, though I must say Robin Finck's live playing has come along way in the last few years.

It will be nice to finally hear all their contributions to the CD when it comes out (eventually).
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 07:26:06 AM »

It's all about the music man! Cool

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 07:58:11 AM »

I agree.  I love Slash as much as the next guy, and Duff too.  But I've seen the new lineup(s) twice and they were fantastic.  Even my friends who have little to no knowledge of the new guys thought they were great.  As long as Slash and Duff are doing their thing with VR and Axl and the boys are touring, I'll take two good bands over one.  They're hard to come by these days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:04:29 AM »

good to see good responses, by smart people  Cool ,

I just made this thread so some people will realize, that time changes everything, and im glad its just axl and the so called "new band",
because there different styles of music will infuse into great songs, and as good as the old gnr music was, theres a time and a place for it,
and I personally want something thats different and good, for example:
the new songs,
better, twat, etc...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 08:07:51 AM »

good to see good responses, by smart people? Cool ,

I just made this thread so some people will realize, that time changes everything, and im glad its just axl and the so called "new band",
because there different styles of music will infuse into great songs, and as good as the old gnr music was, theres a time and a place for it,
the new songs,
better, twat, etc...
Yeah, I love ALL the new songs we've heard except for Rhyiad and Silkworms.  I can't wait to hear more, whenever that may be.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:20:30 AM »

Good post. As a guitarist myself of 20+ years I consider Fortus to be the strongest of the 3 guitarists, though I must say Robin Finck's live playing has come along way in the last few years.

It will be nice to finally hear all their contributions to the CD when it comes out (eventually).

accept the fact we'll see CD sometime soon....perhaps when our grandchildren are 25!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 08:40:11 AM »

I didn't like Rhyiad until I heard it live in 2002 (I think) at Wembley arena. Sounds much better when your actually there.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 08:44:16 AM »

I love all the songs and even Silkworms but Rhiad is the only whack one and it doesn't belong in GNR at all! It has no edge to it or it doesn't even feel like a song, just no spark or pickup at all. All the others are awsome Rhiad has to go agree?
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 08:48:56 AM »

Why do a lot of people consider Fortus to be the best of the three? He plays very little lead, most of the lead he does play was written by Slash or Buckethead, and so far we don't know of any rhythm parts he wrote in the new stuff, and he didn't play any parts on any of the leaks as they were all before he joined, as far as I know. I like what he's done so far but he's still a bit unproven in GnR. So is your veiw based on his past work with other artists?
Personally I prefer Finck myself. I don't really like what he does with some of Slash's stuff, eg November Rain, but I love his solos on the new songs, especially Better, The Blues and There Was A Time. He also wrote Better, my favourite of the new songs, awesome riff, and I have no doubt he played an important part in all the other stuff.

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 08:56:12 AM »

I agree, Finck's solos in Better and The Blues are genious!

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 11:02:16 AM »

I couldn't have said it better!

Original post -- I don't really think playing sixty shows in a year is an unbelievable achievement.  Over 250 is an accomplishment.  Playing sixty shows is like doing two nights of work a week.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
McDuff
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 01:14:25 PM »

There's nothing "genious" about those solos,sure they're cool but that's about it.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 01:28:37 PM »

good to see good responses, by smart people? Cool ,

the new songs,
better, twat, etc...
...I love ALL the new songs we've heard except for Rhyiad and Silkworms...

PHEW! I thought I was the only person who didn't like those two tunes!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2007, 01:37:32 PM »

There's nothing "genious" about those solos,sure they're cool but that's about it.

Tu Nick it says Everything to it?

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
pollyblue
Rocker

t.w.a.t.

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 02:50:30 PM »

really good post man. this band rocks so hard live, almost everything sounds perfect and the wall of sound blows me away.
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 04:50:33 PM »

Certainly can't deny that the new GNR plays the new songs very very well. It's the "Don't Cry II" rule - the new stuff always had a deeper meaning to the players when it came out.

That's why the record must come out if they want to sell-out shows again, cuz otherwise I many others can just stay back and watch old bootlegs. No matter how hard they try, they can never top older performances of the older songs - In my opnion (and I own 30 shows on DVD).

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 07:08:42 PM »

ill make my final opinion on them when the cd comes out.

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »

I was watching a clip of the blues from last year, and what occurred to me, when I was thinking
of some peoples opinions, which include things like " the new gnr will never be as good as
the original line up , " I Only watch the new gnr caus of Axl " etc. Now, Im not dissing
any line up, old or present, but What Ive noticed about the new lineup is they have something
to prove to us, but more importantly for themsleves. Axl has given these guys a chance of a
lifetime by placing every member who is unique in their own way, and should be only
looked upon that way, and not whether they can live up to there so called "predasessors" into a
great band known as guns  n' roses.
Every one of them deserves to be where they are, because they work hard to be there "proof of
this is Axls the driving force, and they cant slack off Wink " And every one of them have a
unique aura about them, "presecene " if you will. Bumblefoot has his own hard/cool rock style
about him, Finck has a bluesy dont give a shit, melodic feel, and fortus has a great kinda punkish
rock vibe going. Now, im no way comparing them to the old lineup, but what we have so fortunate
with this one, and not the old, is that all of them shine, and none of them really shines apart from
each other, which is GREAT, as they will all have shared fans, and everyone at all the shows will
be happy where they are ,no matter what guitarist is in front of them at the time, where as,
everyone 20 years ago just focused on Axl and Slash , and minorily duff (sorry but true) .

So before people start putting down the lineup, and comparing the old vs new bullshit,
consider this, New players, bring a freshened up vibe from different music backgrounds, and perhaps help axl to achieve
the unacheivalbe (60 plus concerts last year), as they say, having young enthusiastic people
So as far as im concerned, Im glad we have the "new" guys, and Bumblefoot is more then welcome
if it helps Axl to fulfill his musical manifestation that he so blatently calls "Chinese Democracy",
and let we live in a world , where we dont compare everyone to everyone else, and just

p.s this is my opinion, everyones entitled to their own, so feel free to critisize , as I dont really giv a sugar what you say,

So what you are saying is since axl isn't 20 anymore he picks younger guys to make him feel youthful ( sounds like living in the past! ) Sure none of the NEW members shine over each other , why? Because everyone is there for AXL lol. I agree these guys do deserve their spot if Axl auditioned them and found something he liked well thats a damn thing to b be proud of!! peace
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 03:53:01 AM »

great band known as guns n' roses.

So what you are saying is since axl isn't 20 anymore he picks younger guys to make him feel youthful ( sounds like living in the past! ) Sure none of the NEW members shine over each other , why? Because everyone is there for AXL lol. I agree these guys do deserve their spot if Axl auditioned them and found something he liked well thats a damn thing to b be proud of!! peace

First off, When I said its great having younger guys there (and there not alot younger ya d!ckhead, axls not performing with school children , 'tard.
All im saying is, its some fresh faces to see, and it gives axl a new vibe and a new willingness if you will to try out new shit, and perform harder then ever, as he needs to "keep up" with them as such. What would you rather, watch a guy in his 40's perform with a few younger fresher talents,
or watch a bunch of 60+ year olds (eg rolling stones "no offence to them" ) perform live?

Um, I think id rather watch the "new " gnr, considering there way more enthusiastic, and not embarrasing, and it looks like they want to be there,
instead of just playing it for the sake of it.

2ndly, when I said none of them shine above the rest, I ment that in their own right, i.e many people think fortus is the best,
many think finck is,
and many think bumblefoot is,

Therefore , as all 3 have heaps of fans, none of them shine above the best, which is great, as all the fans have their favourite guitarist,
which allows the guitarist to share, and feel like a band, and not just feel like being in the shadows of 1 main "popular" guitarist, eg "slash" from pre gnr...

Geese ....
use your brain before you post next time .  ok

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: