Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 24, 2024, 09:12:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228100 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)  (Read 124400 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #640 on: June 18, 2007, 11:58:09 PM »

My god, I just heard You Could Be Mine played on Nova 96.9 in Sydney! Shocked

This station plays nothing but pop crap all day (which I'm unfortunatley subjected to in the office at my work) and it was pretty surreal to hear GN'R on there, especially something as heavy as YCBM!

They're giving away tickets to GN'R's Sydney shows and someone just rang in after YCBM was played and won tickets for the Sunday gig.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #641 on: June 19, 2007, 07:12:36 PM »

Good reviews for GNR's Aussie shows

Stuff.co.nz | Wednesday, 20 June 2007

VIKI LASCARIS/Fairfax Media

BACK ON FORM: A sunglass-wearing, leather-clad Axl Rose rocks out during Guns N' Roses show at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.

Kiwi fans of reunited rock act Guns N' Roses are in for a treat, judging by a review of the band's recent show in Melbourne.

In a review of the band's show at the Rod Laver Arena on June 16, The Age's Patrick Donovan said Axl Rose and his eight-piece band were "triumphant" and "oozed the sound of Los Angeles' dark seedy underbelly".

"This was clearly Axl Rose's show," Donovan said.

"With his braided red hair and dark sunglasses, the singer made the crowd feel like no time had passed since their last visit, as he 'snake-hipped' and jived his way around the stage."

The set ran for two hours, including hits Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone and Paradise City.

Donovan said Rose was in fine form. He wore his braided red hair tied back, and kept his leather jacket and dark sunglasses on at all times.

The band also played several new songs from the much delayed new album Chinese Democracy, including Better, which Donovan said "plodded at first but built into a reassuring, classic Guns N' Roses rock anthem".

Kiwi fans should prepare for a late night. Axl Rose refuses to perform before 11pm, and he broke a noise curfew during the Melbourne show, leading to the promoter being fined.

Axl Rose and the boys are due in New Zealand next week for three shows, two in Auckland and one in Christchurch. The first show at Auckland's Vector Arena sold out, and only a few tickets remain for the second show.

The opening acts are Rose Tattoo and Sebastian Bach from Skid Row.

Stuff.co.nz is attending the Friday night Guns N' Roses gig and will have a full review as soon as possible after the show.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #642 on: June 19, 2007, 07:32:16 PM »

BACK ON FORM: A sunglass-wearing, leather-clad Axl Rose rocks out during Guns N' Roses show at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne.

Kiwi fans of reunited rock act Guns N' Roses are in for a treat, judging by a review of the band's recent show in Melbourne.

In a review of the band's show at the Rod Laver Arena on June 16, The Age's Patrick Donovan said Axl Rose and his eight-piece band were "triumphant" and "oozed the sound of Los Angeles' dark seedy underbelly".

"With his braided red hair and dark sunglasses, the singer made the crowd feel like no time had passed since their last visit, as he 'snake-hipped' and jived his way around the stage."

The set ran for two hours, including hits Welcome to the Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr Brownstone and Paradise City.

Donovan said Rose was in fine form. He wore his braided red hair tied back, and kept his leather jacket and dark sunglasses on at all times.

The band also played several new songs from the much delayed new album Chinese Democracy, including Better, which Donovan said "plodded at first but built into a reassuring, classic Guns N' Roses rock anthem".

Kiwi fans should prepare for a late night. Axl Rose refuses to perform before 11pm, and he broke a noise curfew during the Melbourne show, leading to the promoter being fined.

Axl Rose and the boys are due in New Zealand next week for three shows, two in Auckland and one in Christchurch. The first show at Auckland's Vector Arena sold out, and only a few tickets remain for the second show.

Stuff.co.nz is attending the Friday night Guns N' Roses gig and will have a full review as soon as possible after the show.

Reunited? Since when?

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #643 on: June 19, 2007, 07:34:32 PM »

Reunited? Since when?

February 8th?

Well, Tommy wasn't there so December 20th, 2006.  Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #644 on: June 19, 2007, 08:32:04 PM »

Reunited? Since when?
since December 20th, 2006 - Universal City, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk

you dont need to thank me for the reply. That's what I live for.  peace

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #645 on: June 19, 2007, 08:46:47 PM »

Reunited? Since when?
since December 20th, 2006 - Universal City, CA - Gibson Amphitheatre at Universal CityWalk

you dont need to thank me for the reply. That's what I live for.? peace

Thanks for the smartass replies. I didn't know they didn't know they broke up after the 2006 tour... Roll Eyes

I meant as in this article seems to imply a band reuniting, which could be looked at as the original lineup.

I'm a big fan of the current band, so I'm not bashing them in pointing this out. But people who read this article could be lead to believe Slash and Duff could be at this show, because with no mention of the new lineup and the term "reunited" being used, it sure does add confusion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »

Maybe you should write the journalist who wrote that and ask?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #647 on: June 19, 2007, 08:53:05 PM »

Maybe you should write the journalist who wrote that and ask?

/jarmo

Nah, not fussed. Just pointing out that it adds confusion for anyone not keeping up to speed with who's in the band these days.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #648 on: June 19, 2007, 08:55:16 PM »

Well it mentions an eight piece band....

/jarmo

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #649 on: June 19, 2007, 09:10:06 PM »

Well it mentions an eight piece band....

/jarmo

Maybe Tracy and Roberta have reunited with the original band again to make up the eight... rofl

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #650 on: June 19, 2007, 09:16:39 PM »

Metalex, I agree it is confusing and I agree with you.  Since GNR never broke up according to Jarmo, what is there to reunite.  Ha.  Since 1999, even with personale changes, the band has been united.  When you hear "reunited" and GNR it should only mean one thing.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #651 on: June 19, 2007, 09:23:20 PM »

Since GNR never broke up according to Jarmo, what is there to reunite.

I'm aware Steven was fired in 1990.

Some fans aren't and they still live in the past.....

/jarmo

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #652 on: June 19, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

I guess you are right.  GNR has always been a revolving door though.  That is my point.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #653 on: June 19, 2007, 09:28:28 PM »

My point is I wish this new band would get talked up without confusion or reference to the old band, like in the above article. The new band kicks so much ass and don't seem to get much credit where it's due.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2007, 09:32:54 PM »

I wonder how much more time will people call Guns N' Roses ''new band'' and ''old band'' using Slash as paramether to make the division... I mean, Robin Finck has 11 years in the band...Slash spent... 11

I dont know... I feel very confortable calling this band by its name. Guns N' Roses sounds really cool.

In the end, we are always talking about one band.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
badapple81
« Reply #655 on: June 19, 2007, 09:35:51 PM »

And everywhere GNR visits seem to be accepting it very well. Here in the lines for the show and the media, there has been nothing but acceptance.
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #656 on: June 19, 2007, 09:40:05 PM »

I wonder how much more time will people call Guns N' Roses ''new band'' and ''old band'' using Slash as paramether to make the division... I mean, Robin Finck has 11 years in the band...Slash spent... 11

I dont know... I feel very confortable calling this band by its name. Guns N' Roses sounds really cool.

In the end, we are always talking about one band.

Man, get over it, we all know that Slash hasn't been in the band for years, I'm just using 'old' and 'new' it as a way of explaining my point that the current band under the name Guns N' Roses don't seem to get much credit (like in the above article) when they most certainly deserve a mention aside from Axl.

Some of you are so fucking touchy.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #657 on: June 19, 2007, 10:01:08 PM »

I just thought the article had some good things to say about a great show. Cheesy

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #658 on: June 19, 2007, 10:03:02 PM »

I just thought the article had some good things to say about a great show. Cheesy

Yeah, it said it was great, but there's no mention of who's in the band, which apparently "reunited".

cfcsfc
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #659 on: June 19, 2007, 11:16:07 PM »

Does anyone know what the transport deal is for this Saturdays Sydney show?
I've heard extra trains have been organised to accomidate the late finish; is that true?
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: