Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 10:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228146 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in Australia (2 additional shows announced & sold out shows)  (Read 125390 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2007, 01:44:31 PM »

Paul Cashmere of Undercover News reports that reports that the Australian leg of the GUNS N' ROSES tour has been indefinitely postponed are incorrect according to promoter Paul Dainty.

Dainty has once again confirmed to Undercover News that reports emanating out of South Africa last night that the Australia and New Zealand GUNS N' ROSES shows have been postponed following yesterday's decision by the band to pull out of South Africa have not been confirmed.

"I spoke with them last night and they did not tell me that," Dainty told Undercover.

Earlier, Japanese dates were postponed after bass player Tommy Stinson fell down a flight of stairs. GUNS N' ROSES postponed their Japanese dates because of the injury and yesterday also put South Africa on hold.

The South African shows were to take place in Johannesburg and Cape Town on April 27 and May 1. "The South Africa dates are next week," Dainty said. "The Australian dates are still months away."

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
badapple81
« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »

Just wanted to mention that if anyone watched the Broncos V Titans game (I fucking hate the Titans  rant ).. you might have heard Welcome To The Jungle being played at the stadium before the game  ok
waxlrick
« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:12 PM »

I heard that last week yes.
R.A.W.
Headliner

Don't Fuck With Me

« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »

About 10 years ago the Tigers (AFL) came out to Welcome to the jungle instead of their club song.
The 50,000 plus crowd went crazy.

Do You No Where The Fuck You ARRRRRRRE?HuhHuh
badapple81
« Reply #384 on: April 22, 2007, 01:30:19 AM »

Haha what kinda crazy are we talking?
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #385 on: April 22, 2007, 05:08:30 AM »

weather it's on of off, theres no point in visiting www.gunsnroses.com for the lastest news, as they just don't seem able to update the news in a hurry peace

On the main page it still reads:
Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour, in Japan, but will honor the two MyCoke festival dates in South Africa at the end of the month.

I don't finck Gn'R will be Africa any time soon  peace
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:03:43 AM by redx » Logged
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #386 on: April 22, 2007, 07:52:26 AM »

I sent a direct email to one of the guys from the DCE group a few hours ago - he confirmed that the tour was ON and that the My Ticketek presale is currently being organised for tomorrow.

Grin peace

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #387 on: April 22, 2007, 10:31:28 PM »

I sent a direct email to one of the guys from the DCE group a few hours ago - he confirmed that the tour was ON and that the My Ticketek presale is currently being organised for tomorrow.

Grin peace

Good news!!

Was also a presale for Optus Prepaid members on the weekend just gone.

Got my ticket on Saturday night.
Blackrose
Rocker

Here Today...Already been to Hell!

« Reply #388 on: April 22, 2007, 11:09:15 PM »

My melbourne ticket says SGA2 as well....im just wondering...does anyone here have SGA1 ?

It appears as though Melbourne floor may be seperated, I just purchased two tickets for the floor and they are SGA1? Grin

R.A.W.
Headliner

Don't Fuck With Me

« Reply #389 on: April 23, 2007, 01:53:50 AM »

What door number does your ticket say to enter through.

Mine is door 16. Maybe that is where the sga1/sga2 confusion is because i have called ticketek
and there assuring me that it is just one big general admission area and it will avoid 4000 people all
going through the same doorway.

Do You No Where The Fuck You ARRRRRRRE?HuhHuh
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2007, 04:41:12 AM »

Mine is door 16. Maybe that is where the sga1/sga2 confusion is because i have called ticketek
and there assuring me that it is just one big general admission area and it will avoid 4000 people all

I spoke to someone at Ticketek too, they said it's only going to one big area.  They said that they can't charge the same price for Gold GA and have one area closer than the other, if they did this the ones further back would have to be silver tickets. 
She said it's just a different code on the system - presumably if they wanted to make it gold and silver in the GA then they could and the different codes would be applicable, but in this case it's irrelevant.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2007, 07:51:25 AM »

thansk mate for uploading that, by any chance do you have one that says the sydney acer arena,
instead of rod laver,

cheers mate anyways,

GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES
ARE COMING DOWN UNDER

i STILL cant believe it

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2007, 09:19:45 AM »

Don't know which door number, just purchased my tickets online today and it came up with SGA1, will have to wait for the tickets to arrive. Like you said it is most likely only for a different door entry.

thansk mate for uploading that, by any chance do you have one that says the sydney acer arena,
instead of rod laver,

cheers mate anyways,

GUNS N FUCKIN ROSES
ARE COMING DOWN UNDER

i STILL cant believe it

Sorry only got the one for Melbourne it is out of a streetpaper in Melbourne called Beat.

SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2007, 09:26:21 AM »

Yeah got mine today and it says SGA2,

If im going to be further away from the stage than BlackRose im going to maim him and take his tix  rofl rofl rofl

....Gnr in 2 months....its a celebration bitches!!!!

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Blackrose
Rocker

« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »

Yeah got mine today and it says SGA2,

If im going to be further away from the stage than BlackRose im going to maim him and take his tix rofl rofl rofl

Ha Ha you'll have to catch me first.? beer

This is gonna be one hell of a party.

ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #395 on: April 24, 2007, 12:08:38 AM »

sorry guys, this tour is not happening...it would be nice to get some official word from the band, though...the promoter has no clue ........

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #396 on: April 24, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »

sorry guys, this tour is not happening...it would be nice to get some official word from the band, though...the promoter has no clue ........

Thanks for spamming every thread with your insightful knowledge.

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #397 on: April 24, 2007, 10:18:32 AM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

jarmo. ive been on your board for 10 years. im a long time die hard fan since 86. spent tens of thousands of dollars travelling to the shows and have been burned many times by the band...st louis-i was there, philadelphia-i was there, the cancelled euro tour in 2001-ate my hotel, tix, etc, portland-i was there. my comments are not spam, man. its the truth. i dont get why you dont see this....

« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

jarmo. ive been on your board for 10 years. im a long time die hard fan since 86. spent tens of thousands of dollars travelling to the shows and have been burned many times by the band...st louis-i was there, philadelphia-i was there, the cancelled euro tour in 2001-ate my hotel, tix, etc, portland-i was there. my comments are not spam, man. its the truth. i dont get why you dont see this....

If the Australian leg of the tour goes ahead will you then be able to acknowledge that your perceptions and objective reality are two separate entities? You've said more than once that it's not going to happen or that people have tickets "to a show featuring 'The Nothing',"  so if the shows go ahead as planned you will have been proven wrong, yes? In which case can we all look forward to the end of you equating your opinion with "the truth"?
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2007, 11:00:59 AM »

Roll Eyes

/jarmo

If the Australian leg of the tour goes ahead will you then be able to acknowledge that your perceptions and objective reality are two separate entities? You've said more than once that it's not going to happen or that people have tickets "to a show featuring 'The Nothing',"? so if the shows go ahead as planned you will have been proven wrong, yes? In which case can we all look forward to the end of you equating your opinion with "the truth"?

hey man. i have not stated opinion. i have just stated the facts of the situation, thats it...first i said the s.africa tour would not happen and everyone jumped down my back. its off. then the AU shows were cancelled with no word from the band. thats all i said. i also said all this misinformation out there and confusion needs to be cleared up by the band so promoters and fans can actually trust that a show is going to happen. without that trust, no promoter will underwrite the band and no fans will buy tix because they fear its not going to happen. thats pretty much what i said. the facts, the reality of what has happened and what is happening...its not my opinion....also, if the AU shows are on, the band should come out right now and tell the fans that its happening...the fans have no clue if its gonna happen or not. i mean is that too much to ask a band to say they are going to play a show for AU fans after they ask them to pony up their hard earned money on tickets? i think not...when i comes to a band touring and announcing a tour, the  fans shouldnt be asking themselves, as you put it, "IF" the tour is gonna happen. the fans should actually have the  right to know that it will happen so they can decide to buy tickets...why would any promoter underwrite a gnr show if the the fans have to ask themselves "IF" the tour is gonna happen.....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:08:22 AM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: