Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:27:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Studio version of She builds quick machines
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Studio version of She builds quick machines  (Read 13651 times)
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2007, 07:24:44 PM »

that is awful. if someone told me that was a joke, i'd believe it. weiland's singing at times is annoying, and this is one of those times. everything about it is cheese. it sounds like it is being marketed to 10 year olds.

BUT, you can't get a true feel for any song from a 21-second clip.

i've actually noticed that too, ever since he left STP his vocals have been weird that way. *shrugs*

i still like the song, you can't deny the catchiness. i was just expecting better for this new album. like some evolution etc. but its only one song so i'll reserve my judgement until i hear the whole album.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2007, 09:27:11 AM »

that is awful. if someone told me that was a joke, i'd believe it. weiland's singing at times is annoying, and this is one of those times. everything about it is cheese. it sounds like it is being marketed to 10 year olds.

i've actually noticed that too, ever since he left STP his vocals have been weird that way. *shrugs*

i still like the song, you can't deny the catchiness. i was just expecting better for this new album. like some evolution etc. but its only one song so i'll reserve my judgement until i hear the whole album.

I don't think so
rmp472
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2007, 10:56:18 AM »

I think it sounds real good. I also think Contraband was a decent album. Definitely like this version better than the live one.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2007, 11:07:22 AM »

I don't think so

care to explain what you were referring to? Scott's vocals or Libertad showing some musical growth/evolution?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:18:44 AM by GnFnR87 » Logged

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2007, 11:14:27 AM »

Well, I've played it a lot of times, so that I can have an opinion ...

And I don't like it. I see no evolution from CB to this. I don't see how it could be groundbreaking.

And please, what a picture rofl They look like a bad version of the Village People. (Especially Kushner) and Duff ... well, he do look spineless hihi

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2007, 11:16:51 AM »

And I don't like it. I see no evolution from CB to this. I don't see how it could be groundbreaking.

And please, what a picture rofl They look like a bad version of the Village People. (Especially Kushner) and Duff ... well, he do look spineless hihi

i like it but i was expecting some evolution too, but i dont think its fair to make a judgement yet until u've heard the whole album.

every STP and GNR album showed growth and diversity, so i hope that trend continues with VR. i dont want Contraband Part 2.

but even in interviews with the members they commented on differences from Contraband and experimenting a bit so i hope they are right and it shows.

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2007, 11:20:06 AM »

i like it but i was expecting some evolution too, but i dont think its fair to make a judgement yet until u've heard the whole album.

You're right. I should wait to hear the full CD Wink But I'm disapointed by this. And I still don't like Weiland's voice and lyrics.

Long live GN'R.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2007, 11:28:44 AM »

And I don't like it. I see no evolution from CB to this. I don't see how it could be groundbreaking

Why would you expect anything groundbreaking?, no one ever said anything about it being "groundbreaking"...

You must have trouble finding music you like if groundbreaking is what you are looking for in album....
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2007, 12:33:32 PM »

This song is truly mediocre. I have yet to be impressed by anything VR has done.

Scott Weiland has not written a decent tune since 1996's Tiny Music. Sigh, it is just painful to see such a fall from glory.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2007, 02:23:53 PM »

Why would you expect anything groundbreaking ?

#1 - Because that's what Weiland meant when he compared this with legendary stuffs.

#2 - Because when you read about Velvet Revolver, they are supposed to be the best band in the world, great saviors of rock n' roll, dangerous and all that shit. Well it ain't the case ...

#3 - Because I love Slash's playing and I hate to see him in this fucking band.

Second part of your post is right though.

Long live GN'R.
GeraldFord
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 08:28:46 PM »

You can't make any judgements based on a few live songs on youtube and a 30 second clip!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 08:34:16 PM »

This song is truly mediocre. I have yet to be impressed by anything VR has done.

Scott Weiland has not written a decent tune since 1996's Tiny Music. Sigh, it is just painful to see such a fall from glory.

Wow, a fall from glory in that you think he hasn't written a good tune in 10 years?

While I don't think that VR is his best work of late, STP's last album Shangri-La Dee Da has some really great songs on there, so does No.4. Even the new song on STP's greatest hits is really good.

I guess it's all down to personal opinion though.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »

Why would you expect anything groundbreaking ?

#1 - Because that's what Weiland meant when he compared this with legendary stuffs.

#2 - Because when you read about Velvet Revolver, they are supposed to be the best band in the world, great saviors of rock n' roll, dangerous and all that shit. Well it ain't the case ...

#3 - Because I love Slash's playing and I hate to see him in this fucking band.

Second part of your post is right though.

It's sad to see you don't enjoy rock and roll ?Cry Cry Undecided nervous confused confused nervous confused nervous nervous nervous confused
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »

Wow, a fall from glory in that you think he hasn't written a good tune in 10 years?

While I don't think that VR is his best work of late, STP's last album Shangri-La Dee Da has some really great songs on there, so does No.4. Even the new song on STP's greatest hits is really good.

i totally agree, Weiland's work with STP was fantastic, i love Shangri-La Dee Da too. to make a claim that he hasnt writen a good song in 10 years is a little outrageous. but what can you do, ur right it is personal opinion, unless hes just basing that opinion on the singles....

Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 11:13:35 PM »

i totally agree, Weiland's work with STP was fantastic, i love Shangri-La Dee Da too. to make a claim that he hasnt writen a good song in 10 years is a little outrageous. but what can you do, ur right it is personal opinion, unless hes just basing that opinion on the singles....

I hate to say it but sobriety has not been good for Scott creatively.  This happens to alot of musicians once they "find their way".  STP was one of my favorite bands and still ranks as the best concert I have ever been too.

I'm not fond of this clip, and thats unfortunate because I like the people in this band (minus Matt).

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2007, 07:57:23 AM »

I hate to say it but sobriety has not been good for Scott creatively.? This happens to alot of musicians once they "find their way".? STP was one of my favorite bands and still ranks as the best concert I have ever been too.

I'm not fond of this clip, and thats unfortunate because I like the people in this band (minus Matt).

You may have a point here. Unfortunately Scott's lyrics weren't good since he almost got off the drugs.

Back on topic: I remember Duff saying that they wanted Suckertrain to be the third single off CB, but the record company forced DLT. When DLT tanked, Duff said that it was the last time they let the company select the single. I guess the band wasn't strong enough to make it...

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2007, 09:00:18 AM »

The song sounds forced and redundant. I mean, yes it is purely subjective of me to say Scott hasn't written a decent tune since Tiny Music, with that being said, I just dont get that effortless, free and confident feeling I used to get from his work in STP.

STP put on easily one of the best shows I had seen live with Scott being a huge factor behind it. But man, these days, the dude just seems flat out lame.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
makane
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2007, 09:59:07 AM »

Has the whole song been published or what the fuck are you talking about?

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2007, 11:08:47 AM »

Scott hasn't written a decent tune since Tiny Music

Not a fan of No.4? Down, Atlanta, Pruno, Sour Girl? Can't see how a STP fan wouldn't like those songs.

Oh well, I put the song up on youtube, if anyone's interested. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3ExTCuQ_k

Gonzo Axl
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2007, 12:47:41 PM »

I still love the song. Sure, its not "Groundbreaking", but this isnt Guns N' Roses, this isnt Stone Temple Pilots, and it isnt that other band that that other guy is in? hihi *in Spartan voice* "This.....Is.....VELVET REVOLVER!"? beer
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 12:49:14 PM by Gonzo Axl » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: