Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 07:18:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 106895 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: April 20, 2007, 12:41:13 PM »

I think people really need to calm down... Instead of actually bitching, seems like people don't care about Tommy's health.

Hope he's fine, really. Not only for the band and/or fans...

God, he hurt his hand...he doesn't have cancer for crissake!

Yeah, no shit. I hope he gets better but somehow I can't feel bad for a millionaire musician who cannot figure out how to properly walk down a flight of stairs and then busts his ass in the process.......one foot in front of the other Tommie....that da boy...

You are a heartless bastard! You've never heard of something called an "accident" Huh?

God, I can't believe how fucking fucked up some of you people are! The way you turn on this band! It's so fucking sad. I hope they don't read this shit. It would make me feel pretty shitty to know so called "fans" are so quick to criticize them for accidentally falling.

Will you calm down.....I was just being a smartass....I did it for a laugh...I wasn't being serious at all. Get over yourself and anyone else who took what I said seriously......THOSE WHO KNOW ME ON HERE UNDERSTAND THIS.........so please fuck off.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #421 on: April 20, 2007, 12:41:16 PM »

Does every band have the quality music GN'R has?

I can name a few and they would most likely find another bassist who could do the songs so the fans wouldnt be upset and we would have this situation.

It's bass lines, thats all.

I agree 100%, and I post on those bands' message boards as well.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2007, 12:41:23 PM »

The discussion of the demos contributes nothing to this conversation about the cancellation of the shows.

You're right.

The shows are cancelled. ?We'll probably hear something about it on the GNR site within the next 24 hours. ?The end.

Now lets go back to talking about Axl's shirts and podcast interviews where Bumblefoot proves his a great guy.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #423 on: April 20, 2007, 12:41:44 PM »

For the last time, anyone who  thinks they should just REPLACE TOMMY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT HE IS TO THIS BAND

have you ever watched them live? Tommy is the heart and soul of their performance, listen to the donnington monitor mix, it's him whose calling out the songs to come next, watch any bootleg, watch him perform.

I couldn't imagine seeing the band without Tommy, in fact, if you asked me would I rather wait a couple months to see the band with Tommy versus seeing them without him, I'd choose to wait.
rubinho.ma
« Reply #424 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »

What pisses me off the most is all this lack of communication from the band to its fans. This look really much like they DON'T GIVE A SHIT if we go through WEEKS without a single official word. It feels like only Bumblefoot cares about the fans being blind, clueless, discussing and guessing with no concrete track of the true, fearing that something really awful is happening to the band they admire and love. Would it be asking too much if we ask them to post something about this problem on the official website, or is it better or more fair that we continue with this mix of despair, anger and hope over here? Huh
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #425 on: April 20, 2007, 12:42:43 PM »

I think people really need to calm down... Instead of actually bitching, seems like people don't care about Tommy's health.

Yeah, no shit. I hope he gets better but somehow I can't feel bad for a millionaire musician who cannot figure out how to properly walk down a flight of stairs and then busts his ass in the process.......one foot in front of the other Tommie....that da boy...

You are a heartless bastard! You've never heard of something called an "accident" Huh?

God, I can't believe how fucking fucked up some of you people are! The way you turn on this band! It's so fucking sad. I hope they don't read this shit. It would make me feel pretty shitty to know so called "fans" are so quick to criticize them for accidentally falling.

Will you calm down.....I was just being a smartass....I did it for a laugh...I wasn't being serious at all. Get over yourself and anyone else who took what I said seriously......THOSE WHO KNOW ME ON HERE UNDERSTAND THIS.........so please fuck off.

Sorry, I don't know you, so I just read the words you said. My apologies!

I also have no desire to ever know you Smiley
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #426 on: April 20, 2007, 12:43:08 PM »

it's him whose calling out the songs to come next

Did he sprain his vocal chords too?

JUST KIDDING! ?DON'T BLOW UP AT ME OVER THIS PLEASE!

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #427 on: April 20, 2007, 12:44:39 PM »

Right on dude.

Though, unfortunately, there are many people here who feel like they are "owed the right" to speculate, and then owed the right to decide the band is over because of what they speculated.

why are people so offended at speculation? i mean honestly what does it hurt... Undecided

and just because people think GnR is over doesnt mean they are...we just gotta wait and see how this mess pans out peace no need to freak out on each other

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #428 on: April 20, 2007, 12:45:02 PM »

This band shows it is an actual band with loyalty to one another if they decide not to bring in a replacement for Tommy.

What about loyalty to the thousands of fans who bought tickets and spent money on travel? A bass players hand is more important?

Roll Eyes

Yes. ?The health and well being of a band member is more important then a show. ?
If someone is injured they can't play for you.
And I am sticking by that the band is loyal to each other if they won't perform without Tommy.

They weren't very loyal to Brain when he had a kid. Roll Eyes Tommy should be big enough to accept having a replacement for the good of the band...these gigs are too important.

Also didn't they book Australia/Mexico after Tommy hurt his hand? - seems odd!

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #429 on: April 20, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »

What pisses me off the most is all this lack of communication from the band to its fans. This look really much like they DON'T GIVE A SHIT

If that were the case then there would be no guns n' roses. they wouldn't have wasted 1-10 years of there lives if they just didn't care.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
welshrose
Banned
Rocker

Neil Young es Dios.

« Reply #430 on: April 20, 2007, 12:45:32 PM »

This just sucks, flat out, nothing more to say.

People can write "oh but other bands cancel shows all the time" yeah well not nearly the amount that GNR does.

If you say you are going to do something, you do it. It's called integrity. Something that this band needs to learn. Or a certain red head.

Girl I am just a Vampire for your love

And I'm gonna suck ya!!
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #431 on: April 20, 2007, 12:46:06 PM »

it's him whose calling out the songs to come next

Did he sprain his vocal chords too?

JUST KIDDING!  DON'T BLOW UP AT ME OVER THIS PLEASE!

Seriously dude, isn't MyGnr accepting new registrations? I think some people over there might even find you slightly funny.
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #432 on: April 20, 2007, 12:46:37 PM »

I just think the whole thing smells of bullshit!!  Sure Tommy probably did break his hand but I think now its a fair chance that they are now just milking that excuse to cover up for other stuff as well.

If they hadn't wanked off and announced the Chinese Democracy World Tour and booked dates etc etc and were just in hibernation still "working on the album", I could actually deal with that - I'm used to that since it's been going on for more than 10 years.

But to still talk about the album, hint at what stage it is at etc, then have the gall to announce a world tour under the name of the title of the album only to axe it before it starts with a lame excuse - I say fuck you!!!

I know Axl has been quoted as saying "live your life" etc etc regarding people whingeing about when the album will be released - well I have. Personally I couldn't give a fuck when the album comes out.  But hey when they announce a tour including dates when they are playing in my own back yard, so I buy tickets and pay money for flights and accomodation, get time off work etc etc and I organise a week or two of my life around it to see them play live, then this......I am gonna be majorly pissed!!!  It just seems like a very weak excuse - I'm sorry!

Fans in the US and Europe obviously don't care and will probably think I am being too harsh - but they have been lucky enough to have the option to see GN'R at numerous shows in 2006 or even the shit tour in 2002 so they probably don't care if there's no more touring before an album.  Well they haven't been down under for 14 years, now this weak as piss excuse is thrown up for a cancellation.  I really feel that they simply don't give a shit.  Surely they could have cancelled the rest of the dates when they cancelled Japan - doctors can usually tell how bad an injury is and the likely recovery time.  But no... they let tickets go on sale and let people (like me and many others) piss their money up against the wall on flights, accomodation etc etc.

Like a lot of people I have been a fan since '87 - even though I'm now 32 I feel like a total child for continually being sucked in and buying their bullshit year in year out.  At some point I gotta open my eyes and accept that GN'R - or I should say Axl - really doesn't seem to care about the fans - the people that actually have supported the band for years and ultimately helped him get to where he is now.  I just feel this is yet another slap in the face and I am getting really tired of queuing up again and again for another one. 

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #433 on: April 20, 2007, 12:46:45 PM »

This just sucks, flat out, nothing more to say.

People can write "oh but other bands cancel shows all the time" yeah well not nearly the amount that GNR does.

If you say you are going to do something, you do it. It's called integrity. Something that this band needs to learn. Or a certain red head.

Yeah, integrity is a little more than showing up for a gig.... just ask Metallica.
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »

Sorry, I don't know you, so I just read the words you said. My apologies!

I also have no desire to ever know you Smiley

Whatever.........blow me. Sad

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:17 PM »

Right on dude.

Though, unfortunately, there are many people here who feel like they are "owed the right" to speculate, and then owed the right to decide the band is over because of what they speculated.

why are people so offended at speculation? i mean honestly what does it hurt... Undecided

Theres nothing wrong with speculation persay. Its just people tend to go a little overboard.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #436 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:36 PM »

and just because people think GnR is over doesnt mean they are...we just gotta wait and see how this mess pans out peace no need to freak out on each other

What does it hurt? You need to ask that question?

How would you feel if we posted the same things about you as people post about the band and its members.

"That Neemo always lies to everybody, nothing he says is true. He never canceled that trip because he was sick, he just didn't wanna go. He'd rather sit inside and post on message boards. He just doesn't care about any of you!"

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #437 on: April 20, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »

Nobody here knows exactly what goes on behind the curtains of the GN'R camp so we can't just jump to conclusions and speculate on hwy the dates were cancelled. It could be a million reasons. I don't know, but I still trust Axl.

Right on dude.

so once it's proven wrong on our part then i will let you tell me im the biggest asshole alive. if i'm right i have the right the "i told you so's..."
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #438 on: April 20, 2007, 12:48:44 PM »

Whatever.........blow me. Sad

Wow, was the delay in the post from you getting out your dictionary?
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #439 on: April 20, 2007, 12:49:36 PM »

Does every band have the quality music GN'R has?

/jarmo

I don't know.? We hav'nt heard the quality of this band's music on an album.

Sorry, Jarmo.? Had to be said.

If every other artist is so fucking great and GN'R are horrible and have nothing special about them, what the fuck are you doing here?

/jarmo

Because mabey the original GNR is his favorite band, and has been led to believe Axl was going to release an album and to this day it has still never happened. ?Perhaps he is just now recounting the countless amount of tour dates that have been canceled. ?Perhaps he doesn't get backstage at GNR shows like you, so he isn't afraid to speak his mind when needed. ?

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: