Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 07:26:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105862 times)
Edward Rose
« Reply #380 on: April 20, 2007, 12:17:08 PM »

How does a band inform a venue that they have to cancel their dates and not inform the fans either before or immediately after the venue announces it???  This is absolute bullshit and one more flip off for us fans!  I'm just disgusted now!

How do you know an announcement isn't coming out today?

How do you know anything?

I'm disgusted at all you so called "fans" myself.

Summer, Donna.

Simma-don- nah

Simmer, down-now.

SIMMER DOWN NOW!  Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #381 on: April 20, 2007, 12:17:51 PM »

shut up hihi geez....stop trying to be the knight in shining armour...if peopel are coming here to post then they are fans

this is shitty news of course people will be upset...we just have to wait for an official update

btw time to change your username ok

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #382 on: April 20, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »

I think people really need to calm down... Instead of actually bitching, seems like people don't care about Tommy's health.

Hope he's fine, really. Not only for the band and/or fans...

God, he hurt his hand...he doesn't have cancer for crissake!
Do you know HOW bad was? Do you know how this is a bad thing for a musician? Think before being posting.

Edward Rose
« Reply #383 on: April 20, 2007, 12:18:40 PM »

shut up hihi geez....stop trying to be the knight in shining armour...if peopel are coming here to post then they are fans

this is shitty news of course people will be upset...we just have to wait for an official update

Yes, and also time to simma-don-nah.  hihi
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #384 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:23 PM »

Josh Freese played the drums with a broken leg!!!! for over 4 months on tour.... so Tommy can suck it up and be a man. or get a replacement. one of the 18 musicians that are on stage now.

THERE IS NO FUCKING ALBUM! THERE IS NO FUCKING WORLD TOUR! THERE IS NO GUNS N ROSES!

GAWD.... that felt good to say. after over 18 yrs of being a die hard "gunner"... it's kinda like being reborn.
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #385 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:35 PM »

Tommy isn't just "the bass player" who you can replace at a moments notice - he is also the musical director of the band, meaning he is the one who's basically in-charge of rehearsals and telling the band what to do (when Axl is not there). You cannot simply replace this key position.

These are professional musicians, they don't need someone to tell them what to do. They've being playing most of the songs for a long time now, they should know 'em like the back of their hand. Even you do need someone in charge, you can replace that key position easily enough, just give it Dizzy who's been in the band 16-17 years. Failing that, maybe Axl could actually turn up to rehearsals and take charge, even if he doesn't get involved. These gigs are too important.

Its too muchof a coincidence that this stuff always happens GnR.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #386 on: April 20, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »

First off, Fuck you. I'm not "trying" to be anything. I am a Guns N' Roses fan, I run a message board exclusively for the new lineup and have done everything I can to support this band for years. And when I say "everything I can", I don't mean coming to htgth to bitch and moan, which is what a lot of people who come here to post do. If you want to call those people fans, go ahead. But I won't

Edward Rose
« Reply #387 on: April 20, 2007, 12:20:50 PM »

Josh Freese played the drums with a broken leg!!!! for over 4 months on tour.... so Tommy can suck it up and be a man. or get a replacement. one of the 18 musicians that are on stage now.

THERE IS NO FUCKING ALBUM! THERE IS NO FUCKING WORLD TOUR! THERE IS NO GUNS N ROSES!

GAWD.... that felt good to say. after over 18 yrs of being a die hard "gunner"... it's kinda like being reborn.

I wouldn't become TOTALLY disillusioned. This HAS been teh best effort so far to tour and get the album out. But still, something tells me I'll be owing Howard2k a movie  hihi
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #388 on: April 20, 2007, 12:21:07 PM »

Every band cancels concerts now and then.

This is nothing.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #389 on: April 20, 2007, 12:21:35 PM »

I wouldn't become TOTALLY disillusioned. This HAS been teh best effort so far to tour and get the album out. But still, something tells me I'll be owing Howard2k a movie? hihi

I've been surfing Amazon all morning Wink

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #390 on: April 20, 2007, 12:22:35 PM »

Yet again a bunch of people who weren't going to any of the shows are the ones who are the most upset.

Maybe we should replace some of you since you're so fucking interested in replacing people.

"This isn't a band, it's just Axl's project. They have no chemistry.  crying "

"They should replace him!  crying "

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #391 on: April 20, 2007, 12:22:50 PM »

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out, brother.

The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #392 on: April 20, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »

This is nothing.

does every band have the history of GNR?? nope. cancelled shows would be no big deal if it was Metallica or something... they will reschedule and put out records... no matter how shitty they get.
Edward Rose
« Reply #393 on: April 20, 2007, 12:23:02 PM »

I wouldn't become TOTALLY disillusioned. This HAS been teh best effort so far to tour and get the album out. But still, something tells me I'll be owing Howard2k a movie  hihi

I've been surfing Amazon all morning Wink

F**KER! I didn't know you were browsing this thread rofl

Christ in a hand cart, all you have to do is sit there and click re-load on this thread and it's constant entertainment.  Grin
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #394 on: April 20, 2007, 12:23:59 PM »

This is nothing.

does every band have the history of GNR?? nope. cancelled shows would be no big deal if it was Metallica or something... they will reschedule and put out records... no matter how shitty they get.

Does every band have the quality music GN'R has?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNRslave
Rocker

"turn on the tv cuz i got nowhere to go..."

« Reply #395 on: April 20, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »

we cant be far away from someone posting a bullshit "GNR has broken up" thread, you know thats comin' soon.

"gonna wave it right down in your face"
http://www.myspace.com/5232978
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #396 on: April 20, 2007, 12:25:23 PM »

I think people really need to calm down... Instead of actually bitching, seems like people don't care about Tommy's health.

Hope he's fine, really. Not only for the band and/or fans...

God, he hurt his hand...he doesn't have cancer for crissake!

Yeah, no shit. I hope he gets better but somehow I can't feel bad for a millionaire musician who cannot figure out how to properly walk down a flight of stairs and then busts his ass in the process.......one foot in front of the other Tommie....that da boy...

You are a heartless bastard! You've never heard of something called an "accident" Huh?

God, I can't believe how fucking fucked up some of you people are! The way you turn on this band! It's so fucking sad. I hope they don't read this shit. It would make me feel pretty shitty to know so called "fans" are so quick to criticize them for accidentally falling.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #397 on: April 20, 2007, 12:26:09 PM »

i went to 3 shows this last tour.

i lost my money from the cancelled 2002 tour.

i have bought every release from GN'R. some i still own in cassette.... spent thousands on merchandise. t-shirts, posters, collectibles, and pretty much became a musician because of GNR.

My first concert was GNR.

So... sorry... i didn't know i didn't have the right to be disappointed...

FUCK YOU.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #398 on: April 20, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »

Does every band have the quality music GN'R has?

/jarmo

I don't know. ?We hav'nt heard the quality of this band's music on an album.

Sorry, Jarmo. ?Had to be said.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #399 on: April 20, 2007, 12:28:04 PM »

i went to 3 shows this last tour.

i lost my money from the cancelled 2002 tour.

i have bought every release from GN'R. some i still own in cassette.... spent thousands on merchandise. t-shirts, posters, collectibles, and pretty much became a musician because of GNR.

My first concert was GNR.

So... sorry... i didn't know i didn't have the right to be disappointed...

FUCK YOU.

Wow, you lost some money in 02'

If you didn't stop being a fan then, why now?

Did Axl come to your house and beg you to buy T-Shirts?

Fuck you man, you are not a fan, you are just like everyone else.

BTW, I went to 6 shows last tour, and 2 in 2002. Plus I was in the Philly Riot, and had tickets to the next show that was also cancelled.

Funny, I don't feel like I'm "owed" anything. I guess that's because I'm not a selfish bastard!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: