Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105838 times)
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #320 on: April 20, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »

Im sorry to say that I now fear for the future of this band if this is true.

Seriously, can we start a fund here? I just want one (1) penny for every time someone says that.

In the 11 years i've been a fan that is the first time i have said that.

Maybe im just freaking out.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #321 on: April 20, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »

if the wrist is worse than first thought or he reaggravated it or something then they are probably wary of saying 'we will be _____ for certain. bet on it. spend more money on it.'

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #322 on: April 20, 2007, 11:18:27 AM »

I'll answer that Jarmo. ?Yes. ?I think it's totally possible. ?In fact, I think it's totally plausible. ?It would just be nice if this is all spelled out a little more for us on their website is all...you know, so we don't have to do all this speculating.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
^faeryeV
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #323 on: April 20, 2007, 11:19:13 AM »

Why did the damn bugger fall down the stairs in the first place? was he drunk?  Tongue
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #324 on: April 20, 2007, 11:20:00 AM »

its also pathethic in the sense that the band has said nothing! they are leaving it to the promoter to tell us about it. i think its just plain rude and disrespectful to the fans for the band to just not show up and not even comment about it...more like cowardness....

Do you know what time it is in California, where I assume most of the band is located?

Oh, and for your information, Tommy did explain his injury last week.

The promoter even used his quote.

there you go again...they must have known this for a while and still they say nothing, nothing...i mean dude , you run the website , but can you please see through this bullshit and forget the spin...its old, man

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but do you actually have some thoughts on this whole deal you might be able to share with us?

I am honestly wondering what you might be thinking is going on at this point.

I haven't heard anything.

But it's only a week ago that Tommy injured himself. I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed he wasn't gonna make a full recovery in time.

/jarmo

I guess it's just frustrating that promoters etc announce first before the official band source via web or press release. ?And I don't buy the time difference argument. ? Presumably somebody in the GnR set up told the SA promoters, shit the injury is not healing, we can't make it, we have to cancel. ?At the same time as this they should have posted an update on their webpage. ?That would be the smart thing to do
gnrpatience
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #325 on: April 20, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »

Hello dudes,

This is just a bad rumour, in some newspapers it says that Mexico cancelled their recent tour in Mexico, i hope this is just a fucking rumour i already had my Mty Tcikets and my airplane ticket!

http://cucharasonica.com/2007/04/19/guns-n-roses-cancela-mexico/

Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #326 on: April 20, 2007, 11:20:56 AM »

Hopefully we'll get an official update within the next few hours.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #327 on: April 20, 2007, 11:24:19 AM »

I guess it's just frustrating that promoters etc announce first before the official band source via web or press release.  And I don't buy the time difference argument.   Presumably somebody in the GnR set up told the SA promoters, shit the injury is not healing, we can't make it, we have to cancel.  At the same time as this they should have posted an update on their webpage.  That would be the smart thing to do

Promoters have also been announcing shows and ticket sale info before it's been on the official site.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #328 on: April 20, 2007, 11:25:57 AM »

It looks like Mexico is off now also

http://cucharasonica.com/2007/04/19/guns-n-roses-cancela-mexico/

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
dead_flowers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #329 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »

I guess it's just frustrating that promoters etc announce first before the official band source via web or press release.? And I don't buy the time difference argument.? ?Presumably somebody in the GnR set up told the SA promoters, shit the injury is not healing, we can't make it, we have to cancel.? At the same time as this they should have posted an update on their webpage.? That would be the smart thing to do

Promoters have also been announcing shows and ticket sale info before it's been on the official site.

/jarmo

it's true

ok
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2007, 11:26:56 AM »

Why couldn't they just get a damn replacement for Tommy?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:07 AM »

That's a really good point.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:31 AM »

i hate the word cancel.. they dont say postponed.. ?Cry

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:57 AM »

well I think this will turn out to be true as it matches the other reports!

I guess the world tour is postponed till autumn now, so they can be sure that Tommy?s hand has healed. But to be sure every single band member should have a 24h personal assistant on their sides from now on so noone does bs anymore.

Maybe they even have to wait now until fans over the world forgot about this incident because this has been the worst advertising ever! Tons of sold out shows cancelled; I think it is pretty safe to assume that it will be way harder to sell out the 2007 Take 2 tour (if it is supposed to happen in 2007).......
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2007, 11:30:19 AM »

I guess it's just frustrating that promoters etc announce first before the official band source via web or press release.? And I don't buy the time difference argument.? ?Presumably somebody in the GnR set up told the SA promoters, shit the injury is not healing, we can't make it, we have to cancel.? At the same time as this they should have posted an update on their webpage.? That would be the smart thing to do

/jarmo

it's true

ok

It is - but are the promoters being premature, or is the GnR PR management too slow in keeping up with them?  If the promoters are selling tickets and GnR are not in a position to confirm they should be hauled back into line ASAP if that was the case - in this digital age acting quickly is key
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2007, 11:30:24 AM »

It's tough for us not to think the worst with this band. ?Because every bad rumor is most likely true and every good rumor is usually false. ?When the Hammerstein shows went on sale, that had to be one of the best times to be a GNR fan, and when the US tour went on sale and the new site came up, it was all very exciting. ?Realistically though, and I don't know for sure, but every other band in the world handles these situations the same way, they just don't have that loyal following GNR has, and we do at times over analyze everything. ?But again GNR had a more then solid 2006, so let's see this whole thing out.

slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2007, 11:32:03 AM »

This is a bad joke.

Oh well, it's not like we're loosing anything. Except faith in GNR's ability to put on a complete tour. Or an album.

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2007, 11:33:14 AM »

I think it's a safe bet to say, and this is coming from various different sources outside of this one website, that the band, at least in its current incarnation, is over. Take that as you wish  Cry
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »

I guess it's just frustrating that promoters etc announce first before the official band source via web or press release.  And I don't buy the time difference argument.   Presumably somebody in the GnR set up told the SA promoters, shit the injury is not healing, we can't make it, we have to cancel.  At the same time as this they should have posted an update on their webpage.  That would be the smart thing to do

/jarmo

it's true

ok

It is - but are the promoters being premature, or is the GnR PR management too slow in keeping up with them?  If the promoters are selling tickets and GnR are not in a position to confirm they should be hauled back into line ASAP if that was the case - in this digital age acting quickly is key

You forget that GnR has no manager right now hihi :hihi:At least not one that we know
lastroots
« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2007, 11:35:04 AM »

I think it's a safe bet to say, and this is coming from various different sources outside of this one website, that the band, at least in its current incarnation, is over. Take that as you wish  Cry

They cancelled / postponed some shows, that's all.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: