Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 03:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105772 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #300 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »

Everyone is right - something good should happen or a whole lot of people are going to give up.

ALOT of people have made this claim in the past but for some reason this whole deal has a "straw that broke the camels back" sort of feel to it.

I honestly don't think I've ever felt the way I do about this situation as I do this morning and from what I can tell, I'm not alone.

The most positive thing I can think of is that the album is done, packaged and has a release date and some how a different tour is being scheduled according to how the record company wants this thing promoted.

Again, not likely but thats the most positive thing I can imagine and hope for.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Meanmachine22
Rocker

Trust me it's worth the waiting...

« Reply #301 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03:20 AM »

oh cool!!!!
Another downer for us . The excuses are getting a little lame these days. no
Axl should overthink his way of infomation politics because this (again) sucks big time.I really wonder who is running the "fan departement" in the GNR cam... Maybe a camel?

This is the first year i sort of feel like " Well i don't care anymore. Release it or not or fuck it or whatever".....
And i'd never thought this day would come....

"when i say the time is right..well, than the time is right fuckhead!"
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #302 on: April 20, 2007, 11:03:51 AM »

WE NEED TO FUCKING BUY INSURANCE WHEN THESE TICKETS ARE SOLD AS WELL - GNR SHOULD JUST OFFER IT WITH THE PRICE OF THE TICKET - SO FANS WHO SPEND ALL THIS MONEY TRAVELING TO SEE A SHOW CAN BE REIMBURSED IF THE MOTHERS CANCEL AGAIN!

They are becoming a liability in which I wish I had coverage!!!!!!!!! That is so sad.

Everyone is right - something good should happen or a whole lot of people are going to give up.

Actually the insurance thing would be a good idea! I have been f....d by GnR 3 times now,  and everytime I made expensive travel arrangements! I am through with this...
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #303 on: April 20, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

What kind of a fan am I now that I'm afraid to buy tickets for any show?HuhHuh?? What kind of artist does this to their fans? If it was one or two times ok. But constantly over the years - it's almost like an abusive relationship!

Puking doesn't make me horny.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #304 on: April 20, 2007, 11:04:28 AM »

Time for an album update from the label.

It is ashame but nothing else matters at this point.

Get well Tommy and I hope everyone is healthy but seriously enough is enough.

Time to shack the gates of hell ?rant We need a CD update ?peace

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #305 on: April 20, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Taking pleasure in other people's misery.

You're truly sad.

also expect jarmo to come on soon and provide lip service (you know what i mean) to axl with something like: "axl is an artist, that gives him a right to treat people like shit... i'm a moderator, so i can treat people like shit also"

Go fuck yourself.

/jarmo

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but do you actually have some thoughts on this whole deal you might be able to share with us?

I am honestly wondering what you might be thinking is going on at this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #306 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »

This worries me.

I hope to god this isn't true.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #307 on: April 20, 2007, 11:06:50 AM »

WE NEED TO FUCKING BUY INSURANCE WHEN THESE TICKETS ARE SOLD AS WELL - GNR SHOULD JUST OFFER IT WITH THE PRICE OF THE TICKET - SO FANS WHO SPEND ALL THIS MONEY TRAVELING TO SEE A SHOW CAN BE REIMBURSED IF THE MOTHERS CANCEL AGAIN!

They are becoming a liability in which I wish I had coverage!!!!!!!!! That is so sad.

right back at you. ive lost LITERALLY tens of thousands of dollars on cancellations over the years.....it really sucks.........i feel for you because i know how it feels more than anyone....over the past 20 years, ive been fortunate enough to attend over 100 gnr shows, but i have also been screwed many times over with cancellations and riots.............

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:08:27 AM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #308 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:06 AM »

Have you heard if they are all postponed/cancelled for sure jarmo?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #309 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:25 AM »

its also pathethic in the sense that the band has said nothing! they are leaving it to the promoter to tell us about it. i think its just plain rude and disrespectful to the fans for the band to just not show up and not even comment about it...more like cowardness....

Do you know what time it is in California, where I assume most of the band is located?

Oh, and for your information, Tommy did explain his injury last week.

The promoter even used his quote.

I'm not trying to be a smartass here, but do you actually have some thoughts on this whole deal you might be able to share with us?

I haven't heard anything.

But it's only a week ago that Tommy injured himself. I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed he wasn't gonna make a full recovery in time.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #310 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »

They HAVE TOLD YOU THE PROBLEM!!! if Tommy's sprained rist is that bad then WE SHOULD expect a 3 month recovery. A bad sprain is worse than a break, don't be so quick to be so judgmental, shit happens!RELAX! Imagine how Tommy feels! Better yet, IMAGINE THAT!!!!!       

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #311 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:37 AM »

yeah we always hope until the very end! Just because we do not want to believe things we hear from Tour Promoters, we want to hear it from the band!

This band has a severe appetite for self destruction!
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #312 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:42 AM »

At least the recording of the album is supposedly done.  Tommy's injury won't delay it for another 5 years.  I don't care how many shows get cancelled as long as CD stays on track.

I've always been a supporter of the "release the album, then tour" philosophy.

Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #313 on: April 20, 2007, 11:09:35 AM »

Im sorry to say that I now fear for the future of this band if this is true.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #314 on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:30 AM »

its also pathethic in the sense that the band has said nothing! they are leaving it to the promoter to tell us about it. i think its just plain rude and disrespectful to the fans for the band to just not show up and not even comment about it...more like cowardness....

Do you know what time it is in California, where I assume most of the band is located?

there you go again...they must have known this for a while and still they say nothing, nothing...i mean dude , you run the website , but can you please see through this bullshit and forget the spin...its old, man

But it's only a week ago that Tommy injured himself. I'm no doctor, but I wouldn't be surprised if they noticed he wasn't gonna make a full recovery in time.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 11:13:13 AM by ibelieveinaxl » Logged

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #315 on: April 20, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »

I wonder if GnR has an insurance that covers the cost they have to carry when cancelling a tour. The insurance premium must be immense!
« Reply #316 on: April 20, 2007, 11:11:23 AM »

Im sorry to say that I now fear for the future of this band if this is true.

Seriously, can we start a fund here? I just want one (1) penny for every time someone says that.
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #317 on: April 20, 2007, 11:12:27 AM »

/jarmo

another gnr spin...this is old. you gotta face reality here

« Reply #318 on: April 20, 2007, 11:13:28 AM »

another gnr spin...this is old. you gotta face reality here

Go ahead and outline the reality for us. Let me strap myself in.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #319 on: April 20, 2007, 11:14:10 AM »

there you go again...they must have known this for a while and still they say nothing, nothing...i mean dude , you run the website , but can you please see through this bullshit and forget the spin...its old, man

Lots of assuming from you, but I guess that's fine because you assume they lie to you all the time while I don't.

So, let me ask you this: Is it possible last week they thought he'd make a full recovery in time for the 27th, but only today they found out for sure he wasn't going to?

Yes/No?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: