Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 11:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105706 times)
Golden_Johnson
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2007, 09:05:28 AM »

Ok so I have bought tickets to their show in Perth and also tickets for another show over on the east coast of Australia.  I have booked and paid for airfares for my girlfriend and I after buying the tickets.  I also just paid for accomodation today.

Same, I'm sure it's a similar story for most of the fans in Australia who live a bit away from the venues, we have to arrange airfares, accommodation, and in my case bring the kids and arrange for a family member to come along and babysit.

At the end of the day it's not worth getting too upset about as it's just a show, but someone in the band needs to step up and say something. 

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2007, 09:06:30 AM »

It's bass lines everyone in the world of rock knows. Theyre not even that hard to learn. Simple shit. But they choose to take the hard way out and cancell the fucking stuff? Whats the point? Isnt it better to do the shows, take off a new songs but still do them? Irrational.

Irrational if this is the real reason the dates are getting pulled of cause.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2007, 09:08:50 AM »

Im not going to suspect anything until 1 of 2 things happen.

1. We Hear from Jarmo   ( btw, where is he, its page 6,7? and he still hasnt even replied,

or

2. We see an update on the official gnr site,

until then, you guys can keep wasting your breath, but I know for a fact, gnr wouldn't be that stupid to NOT replace a "bassist"
for concerts, especially considering how well ticket sales have been, its just plain stupid, however if it was one of the 3 guitarists,
It would be understandable, but a bassist? no offence to tommy, but it can't be that hard to find a replacement, just to string a few
notes together, come on!
[/u]

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2007, 09:09:23 AM »

Ahhhhh.....       Here we go, again.....    confused    crying
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2007, 09:10:43 AM »

What a joke! Bumblefoot was only in the band 3 weeks before Hammersmith. Certainly, they could find a substitute for Tommy if they wanted.

I quit being a GNR fan today.  Cry

So long . . . to all the suckers that stick around. If GNR isn't stealing your money, they are stealing your time.

We all know Tommy has a hurt hand and he plays a big role in the band, more so than any other member other than Axl.

Sucks, but GNR cant always live up to every fan's expectations. You act like they cancelled the show in order to rip off the fans.

If you are willing to throw in the towel over this, ask yourself if you really were a fan to begin with.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
elmir
VIP

« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2007, 09:11:11 AM »

until then, you guys can keep wasting your breath, but I know for a fact, gnr wouldn't be that stupid to NOT replace a "bassist"
for concerts, especially considering how well ticket sales have been, its just plain stupid, however if it was one of the 3 guitarists,
It would be understandable, but a bassist? no offence to tommy, but it can't be that hard to find a replacement, just to string a few
notes together, come on![/b]

well, then its a major fuckup, if that's the case, because national radio has announced it....myCoke reps have announced it here, Computicket has said they're giving refunds too...

so all of that based on a possible rumour?

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Death Cube K
« Reply #206 on: April 20, 2007, 09:15:18 AM »

We all know Tommy has a hurt hand and he plays a big role in the band, more so than any other member other than Axl.

He plays bass lines. He's not the key to mass space travel.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #207 on: April 20, 2007, 09:17:03 AM »

If you think this is about Tommy youre blind. ?They could have the basslines on a machine, no one would give a damn, hell they could play without a bass and im sure people would still be happy. ?I dont believe the story, I think there are tons of problems with the band right now and GNR seems about as close to imploding as it has since the end of the 2002 tour.

Tommy doesnt have a bigger role in the music than THE DRUMMER. ?Do you listen to the songs? Its funny GNR can get a lead guitar replacement and a drummer replacement in a matter of a couple of weeks, but the bass player is one of a kind. ?I love Tommy, i was a big mats fan and i think hes a great musician. ?However, he isnt the greatest bassist out there, he is not necessarily. ?If you remember BH's illness coincided with him leaving and I really wouldnt be shocked if Tommy is playing with paul next year.
Death Cube K
« Reply #208 on: April 20, 2007, 09:17:51 AM »

well, then its a major fuckup, if that's the case, because national radio has announced it....myCoke reps have announced it here, Computicket has said they're giving refunds too...

so all of that based on a possible rumour?

Great, unable to find any single one of the few million rock bass players in the world who knows any GNR song by heart. If they drop out of this its not because of Stinson's hand problem....it's because they have other issues to deal with.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #209 on: April 20, 2007, 09:19:17 AM »

this is a bummer!

really disappointing, this band seems to have absoulutely no luck at all crying

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #210 on: April 20, 2007, 09:19:30 AM »

With three guitarists, they could easily do without the damn bass for a couple of shows and it would still be OK! Motley Crue brought in a new drummer when Tommy hurt his hand. Some unknown dude from the middle of nowhere and it was  great PR stunt as well. What the fuck is the problem. This is music, not quantum physics!!
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: April 20, 2007, 09:19:48 AM »

One more thing. ?Buckethead is much much much more of a unique talent at his instrument in the band than Tommy. ?
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #212 on: April 20, 2007, 09:20:36 AM »

So sad this is happening.

I'm trying to refrain from speaking my mind.  yes

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #213 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:32 AM »

Chill out people.

Wait until we get confirmation from either Jarmo or gunsnroses.com

I look at it this way. ?To all of you who think Tommy can be replaced if they really did cancel the shows because his hand hasn't healed then they feel he is IRREPLACABLE which is a good thing isn't it? ?They obviously don't feel it's GNR if they can't play with this current lineup.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #214 on: April 20, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »

It is not just the bass playing for Tommy. He is the leader of the band itself. ( other than Axl)

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #215 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:37 AM »

Im not going to suspect anything until 1 of 2 things happen.

1. We Hear from Jarmo? ?( btw, where is he, its page 6,7? and he still hasnt even replied,

or

2. We see an update on the official gnr site,

notes together, come on!
[/u]

it was the same when tommy hurt his hand and the japanese dates got cancelled the thread ran to 5/6 pages and no jarmo. once he found out he weighed in and said official

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #216 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:39 AM »

It is not just the bass playing for Tommy. He is the leader of the band itself. ( other than Axl)

They are grown men. They can handle a couple of shows without "their leader" as you call it.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: April 20, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »

Weird we haven't heard from Jarmo or Mysteron. ?But the truth of the matter is these postponements or cancellations are probably true. So we just have to go along with it.

Death Cube K
« Reply #218 on: April 20, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »

To all of you who think Tommy can be replaced if they really did cancel the shows because his hand hasn't healed then they feel he is IRREPLACABLE which is a good thing isn't it?

Laughable. So Tommy Lee isnt a valuable member of Motley Crue since he hurt his hand and some guy took over for shows.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #219 on: April 20, 2007, 09:26:49 AM »

Chill out people.

Wait until we get confirmation from either Jarmo or gunsnroses.com

I look at it this way.  To all of you who think Tommy can be replaced if they really did cancel the shows because his hand hasn't healed then they feel he is IRREPLACABLE which is a good thing isn't it?  They obviously don't feel it's GNR if they can't play with this current lineup.

I second that.

It isnt like I was going to SA anyway, it wont ruin my day.

This band shows it is an actual band with loyalty to one another if they decide not to bring in a replacement for Tommy.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: