Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96445 times)
maynard
« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2007, 02:38:21 AM »

tommy is injured, so sad man, get well soon, you're great on stage.

shows canceled, that's the problem, tommy may be important live but he can be replaced for a few gigs, the fans wouldn't miss him really, there are another 7 members on stage to look and appreciate and the majority will go only for axl so that's no big deal. but that still is not the problem, it's sad for the fans but there is a whole tour coming so they'll get their chance.

the big problem here, is the lack of comunication, the damage made is already big, there are some sites reporting that mexico is also canceled, others claim that the whole tour is canceled. ALL THIS COULD BE EASILY AVOIDED. Axl doesn't need to sit in front of a pc 24 hours a day telling us everything that happens on his fucking life, he can hire a professional to post major updates like this and specially give some attention to his fans who support him so long in exchange of nothing.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2007, 02:50:19 AM »

I really do like Tommy.  He's probably my second favorite of the new guys.  He brings a much needed "rock star" factor to the new band.

I hope he's not seriously injured.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2007, 03:00:29 AM »

It's probably been said many times in the last 35+ pages of comments, but this whole GNR saga has become embarassing and pitiful (regardless of the reasons).  It's even worse when you realize that same thing could have been said 5+ years ago. I still have hope for my favorite band, but I have to admit it's slowly fading...
SLCPUNK
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2007, 03:01:47 AM »

I still have hope for my favorite band, but I have to admit it's slowly fading...

Sometimes I think it is fading, but then then something else pops up.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2007, 04:12:57 AM »

look, dissapointing? yes. But signs of a band fading away like some of you put? Or confidence? Not really. I guess the band only gets stronger and stronger with every setback. Dont't forget the 2006 European tour and North American tour which was a huge succes. I've been able to attend one show in Holland last summer. Finally seeing Axl and the new guys perform. I came to love the new band, they are more cool then I ever could imagine. I feel very very fortunate I got to see Guns N' Roses, and very proud to be a Guns fan. You should too and show some support. I bet they (Guns N' Roses) aren't happy with the situation as well, they are on the same page as you all. Don't ever forget that.

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
badapple81
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2007, 04:22:50 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me that amongst all this bad news and doom & gloom - that some surprise news concerning the album maybe comes out. Would certainly be a welcome surprise.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2007, 04:33:03 AM »

This really sucks for the fans down there.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #687 on: April 21, 2007, 04:55:18 AM »

look, dissapointing? yes. But signs of a band fading away like some of you put? Or confidence? Not really. I guess the band only gets stronger and stronger with every setback. Dont't forget the 2006 European tour and North American tour which was a huge succes. I've been able to attend one show in Holland last summer. Finally seeing Axl and the new guys perform. I came to love the new band, they are more cool then I ever could imagine. I feel very very fortunate I got to see Guns N' Roses, and very proud to be a Guns fan. You should too and show some support. I bet they (Guns N' Roses) aren't happy with the situation as well, they are on the same page as you all. Don't ever forget that.

I was actually talking about my interest and hope fading away, not the band, although indirectly they may be the same thing.? Secondly I also saw them here in the US last December and had a great time, but it's worth mentioning that the arena was only 1/3 - 1/4 full.? Pretty pathetic in my opinion because GNR should be selling out (or close) every gig.? The letter "from" Axl gave hope, but then they revert to the same shit that's always been going on.? It makes u wonder about his IQ/Sanity...
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #688 on: April 21, 2007, 08:44:43 AM »

all this news are just shameful and make me go just faster to the VR Section of the board where at least there are new things happening everyday...

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #689 on: April 21, 2007, 08:48:39 AM »

same ol crap we've been buying all these years...i feel really stupid

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
Edward Rose
« Reply #690 on: April 21, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »

It wouldn't surprise me that amongst all this bad news and doom & gloom - that some surprise news concerning the album maybe comes out. Would certainly be a welcome surprise.

I just woke up and popped in to Page 35 to read the latest oppinions. Right before I got to your post, I had the same thought. I think it came from trying to understand why there would be no official update yet.
Death Cube K
« Reply #691 on: April 21, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »

I would take a matter of days for a decent bass player to learn the set. Thats all, a couple of days. Especically considering most of the songs are from the appetite days, songs many players already know.

Exactly. To cancell shows and disappoint fans are waaay to serious. It just bass lines, not the space shuttle Atlantis.
overmatik
« Reply #692 on: April 21, 2007, 09:27:27 AM »

Oh boy, I hope the ghost of 2002 doesn't appear now... The thing is, Tommy is injuried, and I think would be a lack of respect with him to be replaced after so many years stucking with Axl. Of course that Axl need to make an announcement, he knows that damage of fuckin' gossips.

And of course, give us some information about the mixing/mastering stage of the album.
ryan_of_lax
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #693 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:53 AM »

Find a thread about the cancellation of the 2001/2002 tours.
I know they look exactly like this one.

"GnR should pull things together or this could be the last chance."
5 years later, still the exact same thing.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #694 on: April 21, 2007, 10:26:27 AM »

Oh boy, I hope the ghost of 2002 doesn't appear now... The thing is, Tommy is injuried, and I think would be a lack of respect with him to be replaced after so many years stucking with Axl. Of course that Axl need to make an announcement, he knows that damage of fuckin' gossips.

And of course, give us some information about the mixing/mastering stage of the album.

a person to fill in for him isnt replacing him.

html sucks
PrimaDonna
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #695 on: April 21, 2007, 10:28:14 AM »

Jarmo, you defend GnR by all means and that's only reasonable.

But the reason for all the negativity and bashing is that many fans - me included - are suspicious:

Is Tommy injured at all?

redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #696 on: April 21, 2007, 10:29:54 AM »

Jarmo, you defend GnR by all means and that's only reasonable.

But the reason for all the negativity and bashing is that many fans - me included - are suspicious:

Is Tommy injured at all?

Jarmo don't know s--t like the rest of us  Grin
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #697 on: April 21, 2007, 10:30:12 AM »

I just don't see any of the support you claim to have for GN'R. Seeing the band twice a year ago gives you a freebie to attack the band?

What is an appropriate number of times that permits criticism?? I saw them five times last year in three countries, two continents spending over $4000.? Moreover, 20 people came with me to these shows that would not have gone otherwise.? Is that enough??

Also keep in mind that there's GNR the band and GNR the business.? I think few people are taking shots at GNR as a musical entity.? Most on here agree that their live shows kick ass and the new songs sound great.? It's just the decisions made as a business that people have problems with.?

It's like when people are "supporters" of a football team, but only as long as they're winning. As long as they're champions, it's cool to be a fan. If they're losing games and don't make the play offs, you support another team and talk shit about your old one.

Not sure if a sports analogy is helping your cause mate.? I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and I always cheer them on and hope for the best.? But that doesn't mean I agree with every decision made within the organization.? And it doesn't make me any less of a fan to give crap to the GM for signing a useless defensemen for $5 million a season.? I criticize 'cause I care and want the team to win; not because I hate.?

Moreover, give me an example of where a member of a sports team is injured and the game is canceled?? If Mats Sundin (starting centre for the Leafs for those not hockey fans) goes down with the injury, they don't cancel the game.?

All this fucking bullshit about updates. Why not admit that Tommy being injured wasn't good enough? Last week there was whining about getting an update, and we got one. But instead of wishing Tommy a speedy recovery, some of you are wishing he'd be kicked aside and replaced.

That must be another example of the great support you have for the band?

We all want a speedy recovery for Tommy and wish him well.? But to hold up the entire tour, a tour where tickets are bought and sold is insane.? So to answer your question, Tommy's injury isn't good enough to warrant the cancellation or postponement of an entire tour.? There's numerous times and examples where a fellow gunner was down due to injury/illness/personal reasons (new child) and someone filled in until the respective member is good to play.? Why does this situation warrant an entire cancellation or postponement for dates that are two months away.? It doesn't add up.

I give the band a forum for propaganda? That's funny. Considering that's what all fan sites do. Name one fan site that doesn't post news from the band.

That's usually what fan sites are about. Posting news about the band. Or did I miss something?

In fairness, you did ban discussion or posting of Merck's 'open letter' that gave great insight into what was going on in 2006.?

Now you can say to me that my opinion matters littles because I wasn't planning on attending any of these dates; that these cancellations have no effect on my life.? And to that point you are correct.? Any action or inaction by this band has no baring on my life.

But does that make any of my points invalid??

Cheers,

Andrew

very well said. one of the best statements made here. just because we criticize, it doesn't mean we hate... it means we give a shit and once again we are left to wonder... WHAT THE FUCK?Huh!!!!!
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #698 on: April 21, 2007, 10:35:17 AM »

I would take a matter of days for a decent bass player to learn the set. Thats all, a couple of days. Especically considering most of the songs are from the appetite days, songs many players already know.

Exactly. To cancell shows and disappoint fans are waaay to serious. It just bass lines, not the space shuttle Atlantis.

and seriously... it's bass lines a friggin 8th grader can play. there is no real difficulty in them. it's not Primus or some shit like that. anybody can do it for a few shows... not the end of the world. this just means that something is cooking behind the scenes... and i'm smelling a big motherfucking rat.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #699 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:24 AM »

Also keep in mind that there's GNR the band and GNR the business.  I think few people are taking shots at GNR as a musical entity.  Most on here agree that their live shows kick ass and the new songs sound great.  It's just the decisions made as a business that people have problems with. 

I still don't understand what makes people who buy tickets and records experts on the music business.

How would you feel if we started making decisions for you and saying every single choice you've made is wrong?

We don't know shit about your situation and yet we act like we know what's best for you in every single situation.

Would that make sense to you?

Not sure if a sports analogy is helping your cause mate.  I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and I always cheer them on and hope for the best.  But that doesn't mean I agree with every decision made within the organization.  And it doesn't make me any less of a fan to give crap to the GM for signing a useless defensemen for $5 million a season.  I criticize 'cause I care and want the team to win; not because I hate. 

Moreover, give me an example of where a member of a sports team is injured and the game is canceled?  If Mats Sundin (starting centre for the Leafs for those not hockey fans) goes down with the injury, they don't cancel the game. 

I didn't talk about substituting the player.

I assume you stil support the Maple Leafs? Or are you now an Ottawa Senators supporter and every chance you get, you talk shit about Toronto?

We all want a speedy recovery for Tommy and wish him well.  But to hold up the entire tour, a tour where tickets are bought and sold is insane.  So to answer your question, Tommy's injury isn't good enough to warrant the cancellation or postponement of an entire tour.  There's numerous times and examples where a fellow gunner was down due to injury/illness/personal reasons (new child) and someone filled in until the respective member is good to play.  Why does this situation warrant an entire cancellation or postponement for dates that are two months away.  It doesn't add up.

It doesn't? For me it does. When an integral part of the band is injured, maybe the others don't want to play without him.

Considering it wasn't something they knew would happen.

When somebody is pregnant, you can estimate when the birth is. You can prepare in advance.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: