Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 03:14:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96460 times)
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #660 on: April 20, 2007, 10:15:30 PM »

Soooooooooooooooo...Jarmo, gonna let us in on why you had the cancellation story up and then took it down?

jarmo did this happen?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
MikeD
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #661 on: April 20, 2007, 10:17:43 PM »

It makes you feel good to be able to come online and spew bullshit about the band you "love".

You love to play the "you don't know me or anything about me" card more than anyone on the board, so in this instance I am going to do the same to you. I have traveled to see the band multiple times last year, and I love Axl Rose as a musician. Otherwise I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is and actually go see the band instead of being an internet troll.

Where you and me are vastly different is I can call a spade a spade and you don't seem to want to or be able to. We both support the band with our pocket books, so just because you have an interent website doesn't make you king of the GNR fans and capable of deeming others miserable.

You can spin it any way you want, but GNR continues to exhibit behavior destructive to the band. Now I don't know about you, but when I see someone or something I care about in life throwing their life away I don't sit back and rationalize why they are doing it and enable them, but I am straight forward in saying they need to turn their life around. In the world of GNR you are the biggest enabler their is, because instead of acknowledging fucked up behavior for what it is you give them a forum to peddle propaganda. You know that in the real world their image and brand has diminished significantly, and if you were a true "FAN" you would want the best for them and for the world to love them. I want them to take the damn world over, but given their propensity for getting in their own way when they get the ball rolling that will probably never happen.

You can continue to act superior all you want and call me names, but I have been right on the whole way with this thing. You called me a bullshitter all year last year when I said the album wasn't coming out (regardless of what Axl said) and that they would let us know that only after the tour was over because they could affect the ticket sales they needed to fund the album. You called that a bullshit conspiracy theory, and lo and behold their own manager confirmed it.

I am not going to take pot shots at you like you did me because I am better than that, but you should look in the mirror when you call people like me miserable fans because you are the drug dealer facilitating their habit right now in terms of propagating their bullshit for them.

When asked about why they hadn't responded on the website you say it's early in L.A., rather than saying they should have made a mention of it when they had time to call the promoter. You were making excuses for them without even determining whether they passed the smell test or not, which they clearly didn't. And you call me a miserable fan.

Oh, so your way of helping the band is to constantly question everything they say and make fun of them?

I don't act superior at all, it's in your mind. I see things and I post about it.

I see people like you posting in other sections of this site and being all excited, yet in this section there's nothing like that from you.

I just don't see any of the support you claim to have for GN'R. Seeing the band twice a year ago gives you a freebie to attack the band?

It's like when people are "supporters" of a football team, but only as long as they're winning. As long as they're champions, it's cool to be a fan. If they're losing games and don't make the play offs, you support another team and talk shit about your old one.

The official GN'R site still hasn't been updated. Unlike you, I think there's a reason. I don't think they're doing it to fuck with the fans. I believe in the fact that as soon as we're supposed to know some real news, we will.

All this fucking bullshit about updates. Why not admit that Tommy being injured wasn't good enough? Last week there was whining about getting an update, and we got one. But instead of wishing Tommy a speedy recovery, some of you are wishing he'd be kicked aside and replaced.

That must be another example of the great support you have for the band?

I give the band a forum for propaganda? That's funny. Considering that's what all fan sites do. Name one fan site that doesn't post news from the band.

That's usually what fan sites are about. Posting news about the band. Or did I miss something?

What kind of fan site do you get if you only post negative bullshit speculation that you find in News Of The World or The Sun?

Regarding your clairvoyance. Congratulations, you got something right. Did you also guess they would play 70+ shows and sell out multiple dates? Or are you limited to only guessing bad news?

Did you know there are fans who thought there was gonna be riots at almost every show during the 2006 tour?

Yeah, you assume the worst all the time and actually brag about it when you're right. Wow, there's that support again.

/jarmo

Hey Jarmo, didn't you mean to "football"  instead of "supporters" in quotes. BWAHAHAHAHA
Just kidding, dude. Had a few beers and had to make a crack about soccer and football.

Fuck these dudes. GNR will play again soon.

Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #662 on: April 20, 2007, 10:35:21 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 08:18:51 PM
Soooooooooooooooo...Jarmo, gonna let us in on why you had the cancellation story up and then took it down?

jarmo did this happen?

Yeah...so what's the deal there Jarmo.  There WAS a news story on the main page and it was taken down.  Whats the deal?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #663 on: April 20, 2007, 10:37:36 PM »

Quote from: Danny on Today at 08:18:51 PM

jarmo did this happen?

Yeah...so what's the deal there Jarmo.  There WAS a news story on the main page and it was taken down.  Whats the deal?

Same thing happened with the Japanese dates and it was replaced with the gunsnroses.com info when it came out...so hopefully we will get an update soon.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
ben9785
« Reply #664 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »

Hopefully there will be some news soon, whether good or not.
Just going to hope for the best.

If anyone wants to do a search for the ph# to call the Australian promoter, the company is http://www.dcegroup.com/
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #665 on: April 20, 2007, 11:08:30 PM »

Hopefully there will be some news soon, whether good or not.
Just going to hope for the best.

If anyone wants to do a search for the ph# to call the Australian promoter, the company is http://www.dcegroup.com/

I called them this morning but only got a voicemail message. They must not be open on the weekend.
Voxy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #666 on: April 20, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »

We will proberly see on Monday if the shows are to be cancelled.
Tickettek are still saying tickets are on sale for Monday.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #667 on: April 20, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »

^ I remember 2002. I had (primo)  tickets  for 12.19. Axl did not show  for 12.6 and the next several dates thereafter were cancelled. I called Ticketmaster to find out what  was going on, and they knew nothing about  the cancellations  or what shows might be  cancelled in  the future. Only after  the  cancellation of the tour was printed in  the newspaper did Ticketmaster know. So the  point  is, the ticket seller is not a reliable source to find out what is going on.
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #668 on: April 20, 2007, 11:31:14 PM »

Shit happens. Get well soon Tommy.

Cheers

Scree

P.S. I'm still taking bets on the first part of my sig (which has been there for an age now)

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #669 on: April 20, 2007, 11:53:03 PM »

"The official GN'R site still hasn't been updated. Unlike you, I think there's a reason. I don't think they're doing it to fuck with the fans. I believe in the fact that as soon as we're supposed to know some real news, we will."

Some real news regarding the tour or real news regarding CD status/release date?

tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #670 on: April 21, 2007, 12:02:10 AM »

anyone stop to think that axl or someone called the promoter and said we might not be able top perform you might want to get anther act just in case and these news get tunred sideways by some one?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #671 on: April 21, 2007, 12:06:20 AM »

Any news yet? since I checked on here 14 hours ago?

btw, Jarmo, The only reason why I say I want tommy replaced "Just for the tour dates" Is because, Me and many many many other Australian gnr fans have brought accomodation,airfairs, concert tickets, noticed to take days of work etc etc, ?(and costing me a royal mint) all because of one bassist, who could be replaced only for 5 concert dates, which we are so quick to welcome another drummer to the band, when he saves the day for the american leg in 06, but for only 5 shows in Australia, we HAVE to have the bassist,

oh well, if they can't/wont/dont want to find a replacement bassist for 5 measly shows, I guess I can kiss my 500+$ waste down the drain,

again, im hoping that all this shit is just pure speculation, and that they do find a replacement.......

(of course people who havent wasted money already are going to say otherwise , i.e No Tommy No Tour, which is kinda hypocritical especially when they thought "No Brain last year, Im not supporting gnr anymore gnr")

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #672 on: April 21, 2007, 12:18:07 AM »

Jesus all the crying....maybe, just maybe, Axl is ready to do this thing right.  Maybe he's sick of hearing losers call this group a bunch of "hired hands", and maybe that's why he isn't launching this tour until the band, yes the band is ready to roll.  I can see not wanting to replace someone with a "replacement player", especially someone as important as Tommy.  DO the math, I promise it adds up.

As far as the whining about airfare, etc, just remember ol' smeagol2124's golden GNR rule (I have posted this a dozen times, and I have personally followed it since 1988) - Don't make travel plans to see GNR somewhere unless you would otherwise enjoy visiting that place.  That way, if there are issues, it's all good.
nonamethe1st
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #673 on: April 21, 2007, 12:34:57 AM »

33 pages are just too much for me to read, so forgive me if this sounds repetitive...

These mystery illnesses and injuries along with the reclusive nature of Axl lead me to believe that we are talking about OCD/Anxiety/createanewexcusefornotshowingup disorder. 

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #674 on: April 21, 2007, 12:47:59 AM »

time for some serious damage control...............

on gunsnroses.com

in

year.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #675 on: April 21, 2007, 01:37:20 AM »

Maybe he's the best bass player for the band, an important person for all of them on stage and in rehearsals, an important friend to Axl and the "general" for the performances.

axleu
« Reply #676 on: April 21, 2007, 01:39:04 AM »

Maybe he's the best bass player for the band, an important person for all of them on stage and in rehearsals, an important friend to Axl and the "general" for the performances.

Yeah, maybe... rofl
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #677 on: April 21, 2007, 01:41:11 AM »

Why the laugh? Do you really think Tommy is just a generic bass player for the band and his absence wouldn't be felt?

blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #678 on: April 21, 2007, 01:45:01 AM »

why is their fucking site not updated yet?? Dont you think it would be by now? Fucking band

Let me practice the company line here a little bit. "The site is not updated yet because many of the same people who are calling for an update will end up calling the band liers and not believing them anyway. Besides, its not like Axl is sitting at his computer every second waiting to make website updates to keep on-line fans happy, Axl doesn't owe you anything. He is working hard mixing the album right now, and is working his hardest to get the album out as soon as possible."

Isn't it amusing how when it was announced that Tommy was injured, it wasn't a "good enough" reason to cancel shows for many of you.

No matter how many smart ass remarks you try to make, it's always the same thing. Nothing is good enough for some of you.

Why not be a man and admit that you feed off this bullshit? It makes you feel good to be able to come online and spew bullshit about the band you "love".

You really do come across as a miserable person who posts when something bad has happened.

/jarmo

I have to admit - watching a train wreck is entertaining. ?Its human nature or more human habit. Everyone does it. ?So everyone should admit that their shit stinks too.

I wouldnt be here now after all this if Robin werent in the band.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
kriss_boy
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2007, 02:29:40 AM »

I would take a matter of days for a decent bass player to learn the set. Thats all, a couple of days. Especically considering most of the songs are from the appetite days, songs many players already know.

The whole things sucks.

Its so obvious the band are tying up loose ends. Tommy didnt injury himself. Its all wayyy too convienient and unlikely.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: