Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 11:17:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96788 times)
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #640 on: April 20, 2007, 08:46:15 PM »

why is their fucking site not updated yet?? Dont you think it would be by now? Fucking band Roll Eyes

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #641 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:15 PM »

why is their fucking site not updated yet?? Dont you think it would be by now? Fucking band

Let me practice the company line here a little bit. "The site is not updated yet because many of the same people who are calling for an update will end up calling the band liers and not believing them anyway. Besides, its not like Axl is sitting at his computer every second waiting to make website updates to keep on-line fans happy, Axl doesn't owe you anything. He is working hard mixing the album right now, and is working his hardest to get the album out as soon as possible."
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #642 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:51 PM »

No!! ?Of COURSE their site isn't updated!

Don't you remember, about 25 pages ago in this thread, we were reminded of "the time in L.A.," and of COURSE we'd get updates later in the day. ?Funny, because they're usually right on top of telling us what's going on, so of COURSE we should stop speculating. ?

Question of the day:

When's enough, enough?

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #643 on: April 20, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »

Don't you remember, about 25 pages ago in this thread, we were reminded of "the time in L.A.,"

It obviously wasn't too early for the band to let the promoter know that certain shows were cancelled. Makes you wonder why in the time they spent calling the promoter they couldn't have at least but a short blurb on the website. If they had time to do one they certainly had 5 minutes to do the other.
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #644 on: April 20, 2007, 09:06:21 PM »

Don't you remember, about 25 pages ago in this thread, we were reminded of "the time in L.A.,"

It obviously wasn't too early for the band to let the promoter know that certain shows were cancelled. Makes you wonder why in the time they spent calling the promoter they couldn't have at least but a short blurb on the website. If they had time to do one they certainly had 5 minutes to do the other.

Exactly.  But it's one excuse after another, as usual.

I read this site every single day, but have stopped posting, because honestly, it's the same old, same old.   I've defended this band for years and years, but at this point, just put out an album already. 

Sure, I'll go see them if they come back to NYC, but the unwavering passion I had for them deteriorates daily.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #645 on: April 20, 2007, 09:14:37 PM »

why is their fucking site not updated yet?? Dont you think it would be by now? Fucking band

Let me practice the company line here a little bit. "The site is not updated yet because many of the same people who are calling for an update will end up calling the band liers and not believing them anyway. Besides, its not like Axl is sitting at his computer every second waiting to make website updates to keep on-line fans happy, Axl doesn't owe you anything. He is working hard mixing the album right now, and is working his hardest to get the album out as soon as possible."

Isn't it amusing how when it was announced that Tommy was injured, it wasn't a "good enough" reason to cancel shows for many of you.

No matter how many smart ass remarks you try to make, it's always the same thing. Nothing is good enough for some of you.

Why not be a man and admit that you feed off this bullshit? It makes you feel good to be able to come online and spew bullshit about the band you "love".

You really do come across as a miserable person who posts when something bad has happened.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
« Reply #646 on: April 20, 2007, 09:15:58 PM »

I read this site every single day, but have stopped posting, because honestly, it's the same old, same old.   

If you're here every day it's bound to be "same old, same old."

Anyone remember when bands just disappeared without sight nor sound from them between records and tours? In retrospect, wasn't that great?! Damned internet.
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #647 on: April 20, 2007, 09:23:06 PM »

good point.

these spoiled little shits demand axl to update them on his every move.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
ben9785
« Reply #648 on: April 20, 2007, 09:30:42 PM »

*deep breath*

Ok.. so this kind of news isn't surprising, actually me and my friend at work were joking about these kinds of things happening.. yesterday

Right now, the thought that they're not going to make it down to Australia anytime soon.. really really sad and disappointing because i've been looking forward to this for so bloody long.. that's the only reason why. I don't care who is behind it, I don't care what the situation is, just sucks I won't get to see them..

Greater concern is the fact that more shows may have been pulled.. and either a current situation has got worse, or something different has come up..

I'm holding out for some official information right now.

Let's just try to wait and see what they have to tell us..
yes.. please.. SOONER than later.

As of 11:26AM AEST there is no indication anywhere on ticketek's website or on the NZ Ticketmaster website that there are any changes to the shows. Also had a look at Dainty Consolidated Entertainment's (Australian promoter) website and there is no mention of changes to the dates yet. I also sent an email to DCE, to ask them if htey had any information, and I also advised links to these various postponement articles, and asked them to persue it if they feel need to..

We wait and see anxiously now..
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #649 on: April 20, 2007, 09:36:58 PM »

It makes you feel good to be able to come online and spew bullshit about the band you "love".

You love to play the "you don't know me or anything about me" card more than anyone on the board, so in this instance I am going to do the same to you. I have traveled to see the band multiple times last year, and I love Axl Rose as a musician. Otherwise I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is and actually go see the band instead of being an internet troll.

Where you and me are vastly different is I can call a spade a spade and you don't seem to want to or be able to. We both support the band with our pocket books, so just because you have an interent website doesn't make you king of the GNR fans and capable of deeming others miserable.

You can spin it any way you want, but GNR continues to exhibit behavior destructive to the band. Now I don't know about you, but when I see someone or something I care about in life throwing their life away I don't sit back and rationalize why they are doing it and enable them, but I am straight forward in saying they need to turn their life around. In the world of GNR you are the biggest enabler their is, because instead of acknowledging fucked up behavior for what it is you give them a forum to peddle propaganda. You know that in the real world their image and brand has diminished significantly, and if you were a true "FAN" you would want the best for them and for the world to love them. I want them to take the damn world over, but given their propensity for getting in their own way when they get the ball rolling that will probably never happen.

You can continue to act superior all you want and call me names, but I have been right on the whole way with this thing. You called me a bullshitter all year last year when I said the album wasn't coming out (regardless of what Axl said) and that they would let us know that only after the tour was over because they could affect the ticket sales they needed to fund the album. You called that a bullshit conspiracy theory, and lo and behold their own manager confirmed it.

I am not going to take pot shots at you like you did me because I am better than that, but you should look in the mirror when you call people like me miserable fans because you are the drug dealer facilitating their habit right now in terms of propagating their bullshit for them.

When asked about why they hadn't responded on the website you say it's early in L.A., rather than saying they should have made a mention of it when they had time to call the promoter. You were making excuses for them without even determining whether they passed the smell test or not, which they clearly didn't. And you call me a miserable fan.
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #650 on: April 20, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »

Yeah I emailed em too Ben.

Sucks right now knowing nothing for sure.
ben9785
« Reply #651 on: April 20, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »

Is there a number we can call to get the promoter instead of fucking emails?
Let me take a look..

EDIT: Ok, I've got a contact phone number.. rather than posting it here and everybody abusing them, does somebody want to give them a call? They are based in Melbourne, so it is a melbourne phone number.. I would call anyway, but I'm not anywhere near a phone (I'm in the library)..

If someone would like to call them, send me a PM or reply here and I'll PM you the phone number
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #652 on: April 20, 2007, 09:46:51 PM »

I'll call in a lil bit if no one else has. We're on a lan here, but it's dial up, and both doing stuff online for the moment. No one has phone credit. We suck.

I honestly don't think we'll get much out of em yet though - will prolly be an answer that doesn't really say anything.
ben9785
« Reply #653 on: April 20, 2007, 09:48:31 PM »

I'll call in a lil bit if no one else has. We're on a lan here, but it's dial up, and both doing stuff online for the moment. No one has phone credit. We suck.

I honestly don't think we'll get much out of em yet though - will prolly be an answer that doesn't really say anything.

I sent you their contact number in a PM bro, good stuff.
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2007, 09:51:48 PM »

You da man!!  beer
ben9785
« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2007, 09:54:41 PM »

You da man!!? beer

hehe, nah man

hmmm... oh yeah, Mysteron replied in that other thread about Mexico, i dunno if anyone else saw it, but apparently they are chasing up updates now.. or soon..
Eat Pop Slop
Headliner

Owyagarn?

« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2007, 09:57:53 PM »

Didn't see that man. Cheers.
ben9785
« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2007, 09:59:33 PM »

Mysteron is trying to get some information..
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=45301.msg919887#msg919887
sami ben tovim
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #658 on: April 20, 2007, 10:06:35 PM »

now we all know better
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #659 on: April 20, 2007, 10:12:23 PM »

It makes you feel good to be able to come online and spew bullshit about the band you "love".

You love to play the "you don't know me or anything about me" card more than anyone on the board, so in this instance I am going to do the same to you. I have traveled to see the band multiple times last year, and I love Axl Rose as a musician. Otherwise I wouldn't put my money where my mouth is and actually go see the band instead of being an internet troll.

Where you and me are vastly different is I can call a spade a spade and you don't seem to want to or be able to. We both support the band with our pocket books, so just because you have an interent website doesn't make you king of the GNR fans and capable of deeming others miserable.

You can spin it any way you want, but GNR continues to exhibit behavior destructive to the band. Now I don't know about you, but when I see someone or something I care about in life throwing their life away I don't sit back and rationalize why they are doing it and enable them, but I am straight forward in saying they need to turn their life around. In the world of GNR you are the biggest enabler their is, because instead of acknowledging fucked up behavior for what it is you give them a forum to peddle propaganda. You know that in the real world their image and brand has diminished significantly, and if you were a true "FAN" you would want the best for them and for the world to love them. I want them to take the damn world over, but given their propensity for getting in their own way when they get the ball rolling that will probably never happen.

You can continue to act superior all you want and call me names, but I have been right on the whole way with this thing. You called me a bullshitter all year last year when I said the album wasn't coming out (regardless of what Axl said) and that they would let us know that only after the tour was over because they could affect the ticket sales they needed to fund the album. You called that a bullshit conspiracy theory, and lo and behold their own manager confirmed it.

I am not going to take pot shots at you like you did me because I am better than that, but you should look in the mirror when you call people like me miserable fans because you are the drug dealer facilitating their habit right now in terms of propagating their bullshit for them.

When asked about why they hadn't responded on the website you say it's early in L.A., rather than saying they should have made a mention of it when they had time to call the promoter. You were making excuses for them without even determining whether they passed the smell test or not, which they clearly didn't. And you call me a miserable fan.

Oh, so your way of helping the band is to constantly question everything they say and make fun of them?

I don't act superior at all, it's in your mind. I see things and I post about it.

I see people like you posting in other sections of this site and being all excited, yet in this section there's nothing like that from you.

I just don't see any of the support you claim to have for GN'R. Seeing the band twice a year ago gives you a freebie to attack the band?

It's like when people are "supporters" of a football team, but only as long as they're winning. As long as they're champions, it's cool to be a fan. If they're losing games and don't make the play offs, you support another team and talk shit about your old one.

The official GN'R site still hasn't been updated. Unlike you, I think there's a reason. I don't think they're doing it to fuck with the fans. I believe in the fact that as soon as we're supposed to know some real news, we will.

All this fucking bullshit about updates. Why not admit that Tommy being injured wasn't good enough? Last week there was whining about getting an update, and we got one. But instead of wishing Tommy a speedy recovery, some of you are wishing he'd be kicked aside and replaced.

That must be another example of the great support you have for the band?

I give the band a forum for propaganda? That's funny. Considering that's what all fan sites do. Name one fan site that doesn't post news from the band.

That's usually what fan sites are about. Posting news about the band. Or did I miss something?

What kind of fan site do you get if you only post negative bullshit speculation that you find in News Of The World or The Sun?

Regarding your clairvoyance. Congratulations, you got something right. Did you also guess they would play 70+ shows and sell out multiple dates? Or are you limited to only guessing bad news?

Did you know there are fans who thought there was gonna be riots at almost every show during the 2006 tour?

Yeah, you assume the worst all the time and actually brag about it when you're right. Wow, there's that support again.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: