Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 12:27:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96807 times)
DunkinDave
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #620 on: April 20, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

Could Richard play bass??

What about Paul Tobias?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #621 on: April 20, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »

We do know Chris can play bass:

coeus
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #622 on: April 20, 2007, 07:35:02 PM »

This news is dragging on a bit now with nothing coming directly from?the band.. this may sound really fucking stupid but I actually think this is a sign that something big is about to happen.
This could be the calm before the storm. Maybe they are waiting on 'definates' before announcing anything.

My money is on having a fucking great summer boys n girls.

Maine Rd, Manchester, England - June 14th 1992

RDS Arena, Dublin, Ireland - June 9th 2006

MEN Arena, Manchester, England - July 23rd 2006
coeus
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #623 on: April 20, 2007, 07:36:09 PM »

fake!  Grin

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #624 on: April 20, 2007, 07:37:31 PM »

Nope Wink

http://www.gnrfrance.net/groupe/galerie.php?path=/concerts/2007/0208_versace

blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #625 on: April 20, 2007, 07:38:49 PM »

Axl seems fine about getting a replacement bassist for those Versace bastards.  WHy not us?

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
coeus
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #626 on: April 20, 2007, 07:39:37 PM »

Lol I was kidding dude.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #627 on: April 20, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »

Axl seems fine about getting a replacement bassist for those Versace bastards. WHy not us?

I'm guessing because Versace's was just 2 songs...on a whole tour or at least a good part of the tour, it might be more difficult.

GunsNCrowes
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #628 on: April 20, 2007, 07:44:12 PM »

Yeah you can go all politically correct and say Axl doesnt owe his fans anything - he can do whatever he wants.? Sure he can. But there is something called MANNERS.? Respecting your fans.?

The fans should get their respect the same way everyone else does. Earn it. Thirty pages of bullshit and speculation in this thread alone should indicate why GNRs online fanbase isn't treated with the respect they so desire.

You're kidding right? The online fanbase is really the only reason that CD could possibly become relevant. Most average people will flip out and laugh when they find out that it's not Slash and the gang with Axl. In fact, many already have done this and written GN'R off entirely. It's the supposedly disrespectful online fanbase that has stuck around for a long time and taken them at their word. It's like when someone cries wolf. After a while, even the most trusting people begin to lose respect for the person making the claims.

And none of that is relevant to what was being discussed, is it? GNR has a large online fanbase of which a huge proportion spend all day every day naysaying, speculating, bullshitting and hating on the band, when they aren't perpetrating hoaxes or pretending to be management or "insiders." Those of us simply supporting the band while waiting for shows and albums aren't nearly as conspicuous as the wackos and so they dictate how the fanbase is viewed by both the band and outsiders.

Disagree with the "huge proportion" comment. ?It all depends how you look at it. ?Last year was very successful with the tour, new songs warmly recieved, etc. ?When the March Hammerstien shows were announced, Axl showed up at Eddie Trunks, and so on, this place was BUZZING with positive energy. ?With a lack of news or updates (for whatever reason, perhaps totally justified), how can you not expect some to be negative? ?But you'll usually see it's the same handful of folks...yeah "regualar" folks get cranky now and again but it's not nearly the "huge proportion" you claim. ?Speaking for myself and friends that don't post much here, but read up a lot, buy tickets to multiple shows (4 on the last tour), etc, there are a lot of people that support the band and just are hoping for the best. ?Making blanket statements that "huge proportions" of us are the type you described is just wrong.

As fuct as the internet can sometimes be, with trolls and all, it can also be positive. ?There are a lot of folks here who really love this band and it's music. ? Smiley
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #629 on: April 20, 2007, 07:44:45 PM »

fake!? Grin

God damn did it just get twenty degrees hotter in here? ?

Look at Mother Goose go!

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #630 on: April 20, 2007, 07:56:52 PM »

fake!  Grin

God damn did it just get twenty degrees hotter in here? 

Look at Mother Goose go!

Holy shit!!! Even Frank agrees in the little video, YES CHRIS CAN PLAY BASS!!!!

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #631 on: April 20, 2007, 08:03:41 PM »

I have to say that is the best thing I saw all day  yes

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #632 on: April 20, 2007, 08:08:14 PM »

fake!  Grin
rofl rofl rofl

we know pitman can play bass, but who can add those effects?  Grin

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #633 on: April 20, 2007, 08:18:51 PM »

Soooooooooooooooo...Jarmo, gonna let us in on why you had the cancellation story up and then took it down?

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #634 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:48 PM »

I didn't see that, what did it say?

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #635 on: April 20, 2007, 08:33:04 PM »

I don't think the effects are necessary, but apart from that, maybe it would be easier for someone who knows all the exact chords on guitar to translate it to bass, instead of someone who just makes electrc and strange computer noises..

Interesting picture though

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #636 on: April 20, 2007, 08:38:05 PM »

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=32161

LOS ANGELES (Geffen Records) - According to promoter Paul Dainty has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES Australian dates will go ahead as scheduled.

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," Dainty told Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".

GUNS N' ROSES, in a badly worded press release issued today, inferred that the group's entire tour was to be delayed, which put the Australian dates in question but that will not be the case. "GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan," it read.

Dainty spoke with injured GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed," Dainty said. "He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen."

To clarify the position, only Japan will be affected. The Japanese dates which were going to happen from April 14 have been moved to July.

The tour will now start in South Africa on April 27 and then head to Australia on June 10. The first Australian date is in Perth at Burswood Dome and will be followed with dates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

Special guests on the tour will be ROSE TATTOO and SEBASTIAN BACH. One more local act is still to be announced.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #637 on: April 20, 2007, 08:38:52 PM »

I don't think the effects are necessary, but apart from that, maybe it would be easier for someone who knows all the exact chords on guitar to translate it to bass, instead of someone who just makes electrc and strange computer noises..

Interesting picture though

Pitman can play guitar and bass too. ?He can probably play more instruments than anyone in the band. ?

I'd personally like Pitman to get some time down front. ?Let him strike some rock star poses and soak up a little love from the front row. ?That'd be awesome.

He could go back to his synth corner during the Chinese Democracy songs and let one of the other guitarists play bass. ?Maybe they could swap off for different songs. ?That could be fun for the band. ?Plus just to hear how the bassline might groove differently with different bass players.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #638 on: April 20, 2007, 08:39:24 PM »

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=32161

LOS ANGELES (Geffen Records) - According to promoter Paul Dainty has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES Australian dates will go ahead as scheduled.

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," Dainty told Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".

GUNS N' ROSES, in a badly worded press release issued today, inferred that the group's entire tour was to be delayed, which put the Australian dates in question but that will not be the case. "GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan," it read.

Dainty spoke with injured GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed," Dainty said. "He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen."

To clarify the position, only Japan will be affected. The Japanese dates which were going to happen from April 14 have been moved to July.

The tour will now start in South Africa on April 27 and then head to Australia on June 10. The first Australian date is in Perth at Burswood Dome and will be followed with dates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

Special guests on the tour will be ROSE TATTOO and SEBASTIAN BACH. One more local act is still to be announced.

Well we know that is old becuase the SA shows ?have been cancelled confirmed by the SA promoter

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #639 on: April 20, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

This is all very bad news, and I am very sad. ?I am afraid something really serious has happened. Players can be replaced temporarily--Frank for Brain for example. This ?is something far more serious. I am truly sorry for Axl and the band.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: