Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 05:45:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96967 times)
elmir
VIP

« Reply #600 on: April 20, 2007, 06:46:12 PM »

lastest word from Gn'R camp was: Gn'R will honor their 2 south african shows.

trust me...they're not coming to sa.....

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
blackvelvet
Banned
Headliner

sexcrimesex

« Reply #601 on: April 20, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

thats ridiculous Roll Eyes if you spend money on the tour then the only thing you are owed is A) seeing the concert(s) you paid for or failing that B) a refund hihi

now if you paid Axl $15 for a copy of the album...then he owes you an album peace

Yeah you can go all politically correct and say Axl doesnt owe his fans anything - he can do whatever he wants. ?Sure he can. But there is something called MANNERS. ?Respecting your fans. ?Yes, people have spent money and time, some have put a lot of faith in Axl - believed what he has said. ?You cant go around making false promises to people - its RUDE and inconsiderate.

Axl has always walked around with a chip on his shoulder - blaming other people for his fuck ups. ?You know what - HE is the fuck up. ?Oh and dont forget the other lives hes fucking up. ?What about Robin? ?Because of Axls procrastination Robins career has been in a holding pattern for al most 6 years. ?The guy is dying to break out and show the world his talent. ?He also knows how to culitivate a good relationship with his fans. ?After this cancellation news - hee is the only reason I would go to see at a gnr concert.

Assumptions are the mother of all fuck ups

Myspace Page http://www.myspace.com/babyvicious
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #602 on: April 20, 2007, 06:47:37 PM »

lastest word from Gn'R camp was: Gn'R will honor their 2 south african shows.

trust me...they're not coming to sa.....

You posted in the other thread that their equipment arrived in SA...how do you know that?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
bringu2yourknees
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #603 on: April 20, 2007, 06:48:23 PM »

I rarely reply to any topics on here and to be honest, since the last delay of Chinese Democracy, my desire to lurk has seemed to diminished as well. ?The fact of the matter is that there are obviously at least a problem or two in Guns n' Roses. ?Always have been, and it seems there always will be. ?Guns n' Roses will ALWAYS remain on the top of my lists of groups, songs, concerts, etc. ?The sad thing for me is I don't know how much more disappointment I can take myself. ?I mean I live a normal life busting my balls 9 to 5 and then come home to my wife and now kids, but the rabid fan in me has always enjoyed checking on here or the numerous other fan sites hoping for something to grasp onto. ?But here lately with the lack of communication, well understood negativity, and continuous string of bad news it's beginning to wear on me. ?And although I don't hang on their every word as if it were gospel like some people around here do (not that it's a bad thing), I don't understand why we don't even hear so much as a whisper when it comes to CD. ?I mean if it's never coming out thats fine, I'm sure everyone will get on with their lives. ?But dangling like a carrot in front of a horse is another. ?

I mean I don't have anything to add to the topic other than the fact that I don't even know what to think anymore when it comes to GN'R. ?Have my feelings towards Axl and/or anyone else changed? ?Not at all. ?But with each passing day I'm sure there is at least one person who loses interest in Guns N' Roses. ?Maybe not the past, but definitely the present and future...
Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #604 on: April 20, 2007, 06:49:57 PM »

Hope the June gigs happen   Smiley

Be Aware of Legacy
Alpachiris
Rocker

www.gnrla.com

« Reply #605 on: April 20, 2007, 06:50:41 PM »

this situation smells very badly! or no?
not think that behind this something is wrong

« Reply #606 on: April 20, 2007, 06:50:51 PM »

Yeah you can go all politically correct and say Axl doesnt owe his fans anything - he can do whatever he wants.  Sure he can. But there is something called MANNERS.  Respecting your fans. 

The fans should get their respect the same way everyone else does. Earn it. Thirty pages of bullshit and speculation in this thread alone should indicate why GNRs online fanbase isn't treated with the respect they so desire.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #607 on: April 20, 2007, 06:54:30 PM »

Yeah you can go all politically correct and say Axl doesnt owe his fans anything - he can do whatever he wants.  Sure he can. But there is something called MANNERS.  Respecting your fans. 

The fans should get their respect the same way everyone else does. Earn it. Thirty pages of bullshit and speculation in this thread alone should indicate why GNRs online fanbase isn't treated with the respect they so desire.

You're kidding right? The online fanbase is really the only reason that CD could possibly become relevant. Most average people will flip out and laugh when they find out that it's not Slash and the gang with Axl. In fact, many already have done this and written GN'R off entirely. It's the supposedly disrespectful online fanbase that has stuck around for a long time and taken them at their word. It's like when someone cries wolf. After a while, even the most trusting people begin to lose respect for the person making the claims.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #608 on: April 20, 2007, 06:57:14 PM »

You're kidding right? The online fanbase is really the only reason that CD could possibly become relevant. Most average people will flip out and laugh when they find out that it's not Slash and the gang with Axl. In fact, many already have done this and written GN'R off entirely. It's the supposedly disrespectful online fanbase that has stuck around for a long time and taken them at their word. It's like when someone cries wolf. After a while, even the most trusting people begin to lose respect for the person making the claims.

the guns n roses name is becoming a joke amoung the media.

sat down to watch tv before school this morning, a chart on kerrang came on for gnr the guy said "and chinese democracy is out this week!!.....ok, not really but heres an old use your illusion track from 199x"

html sucks
Sonicsonic
Opening Act

Guh -roovy

« Reply #609 on: April 20, 2007, 06:59:26 PM »

im hoping this article was guessing about the rest of the tour. since he did write:

"All other scheduled GN'R concerts (Australia, New Zealand and Japan) have also been postponed indefinitely."

we already know japan was prosponed, hes saying it might be.

Carla: You guys know your doctors, right?
JD: Double secret decoder-ring wearing doctors!
Turk & JD: ACTIVATE!
JD: Form of an ice minora!!
« Reply #610 on: April 20, 2007, 07:00:04 PM »

And none of that is relevant to what was being discussed, is it? GNR has a large online fanbase of which a huge proportion spend all day every day naysaying, speculating, bullshitting and hating on the band, when they aren't perpetrating hoaxes or pretending to be management or "insiders." Those of us simply supporting the band while waiting for shows and albums aren't nearly as conspicuous as the wackos and so they dictate how the fanbase is viewed by both the band and outsiders.
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #611 on: April 20, 2007, 07:00:43 PM »

Well lets discuss the facts.

The promoters/ or media sites world wide are putting out statements the tour is cancelled.

No update form the band.

Tommy is hurt, how bad we do not know, obviously worst then first thought by promoters response.

Axl said in December the Album would be out as close to March 6th as possible.

Del said a month ago the album was in mixing.

We have heard nothing from the label.

I think it is time ?we get a full update that touches on all this subjects from the band.

Atleast lets hope soon anyway.

I by no means think I'm owed anything .

It is just common curtisy to be honest and informing when possible when you are make a living off of a fans or poeple who support your art.

IMHO anyhow
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:11:04 PM by sjgotnitro » Logged

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
« Reply #612 on: April 20, 2007, 07:03:28 PM »

Well lets discuss the facts.

The promoters world wide are putting out statements the tour is cancelled.

Started well, and quickly fizzled out. The SA festival organizers are, I think, the only promoters to issue a statement today. That isn't "world-wide," that's "localized in South Africa."
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #613 on: April 20, 2007, 07:04:32 PM »

And none of that is relevant to what was being discussed, is it? GNR has a large online fanbase of which a huge proportion spend all day every day naysaying, speculating, bullshitting and hating on the band, when they aren't perpetrating hoaxes or pretending to be management or "insiders." Those of us simply supporting the band while waiting for shows and albums aren't nearly as conspicuous as the wackos and so they dictate how the fanbase is viewed by both the band and outsiders.

Outsiders? You're not talking about the media are you? The media wanted to give new GN'R a chance, but Axl showed up in a football jersey, overweight, and way off-key at the 2002 VMA's. Not only that, but two of his guitarists looked like something out of the circus, regardless of how great their playing ability was/is. Had Axl shown up looking great and kicking butt with his vocals, he wouldn't have been written off so easily. They put together a very good tour last year and even won over some of the media, but in general the more delays that go on with the album, the more people begin to laugh at the situation if they aren't laughing already. It's like Lewis Black once said about Michael Jackson. "He's a punch-line in and of himself. You don't need to say anything other than his name." The same kind of thing has happened to Axl (or at least "Chinese Democracy") for different reasons of course.
« Reply #614 on: April 20, 2007, 07:05:41 PM »

Outsiders? You're not talking about the media are you?

That's right, I wasn't talking about the media.
« Reply #615 on: April 20, 2007, 07:10:42 PM »

care to comment on any of the other items.

Not really, they've already been discussed to death with the usual outcome of "we don't know a damn thing." And none of the later points are germane to the discussion of the canceled SA shows. If you want to continue months-old topics or combine them into grand conspiracy theories, I think you'll find the idea well underway at mygnrforum. 
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #616 on: April 20, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »

Not really, they've already been discussed to death with the usual outcome of "we don't know a damn thing." And none of the later points are germane to the discussion of the canceled SA shows. If you want to continue months-old topics or combine them into grand conspiracy theories, I think you'll find the idea well underway at mygnrforum.?

No you missed my whole point of my post.

We need a update from the band. That is my bitch and most everybody on here.

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
sjgotnitro
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #617 on: April 20, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

Not really, they've already been discussed to death with the usual outcome of "we don't know a damn thing." And none of the later points are germane to the discussion of the canceled SA shows. If you want to continue months-old topics or combine them into grand conspiracy theories, I think you'll find the idea well underway at mygnrforum.?

I think it is time  we get a full update that touches on all this subjects from the band.

Atleast lets hope soon anyway.

I by no means think I'm owed anything .

It is just common curtisy to be honest and informing when possible when you are make a living off of a fans or poeple who support your art.

IMHO anyhow

Help Needed

Looking For Video
"Hershey PA. June 1991"
« Reply #618 on: April 20, 2007, 07:17:07 PM »

Not really, they've already been discussed to death with the usual outcome of "we don't know a damn thing." And none of the later points are germane to the discussion of the canceled SA shows. If you want to continue months-old topics or combine them into grand conspiracy theories, I think you'll find the idea well underway at mygnrforum. 

We need an update which is accurate and conclusive. We have no way of knowing if now is the time to attempt that. And if they should come forward with an update which really is the final word on the current tour dates, it will no doubt be quickly denounced as lies and a cover-up by a whole bunch of ignorant loud-mouths, regardless of the content.

MarioGunner
Rocker

I should've known you're crazy

« Reply #619 on: April 20, 2007, 07:17:53 PM »

Could Richard play bass??

Would be worth to give it a try, for the south african fans   peace

You can run like a river
Till you end up in the sea
And you run till night is black
And keep on going in your dream

My NEW Trading Space http://www.freewebs.com/mariogunner/
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38 Go Up Print