Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 06:15:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96980 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #580 on: April 20, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »

Dude, we're "left in the dark" as to why the news of the cancellation was removed from this here fan site. ?Let's start there and take steps up to try and figure everything else out.

Baby steps.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #581 on: April 20, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=32161

LOS ANGELES (Geffen Records) - According to promoter Paul Dainty has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES Australian dates will go ahead as scheduled.

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," Dainty told Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".

GUNS N' ROSES, in a badly worded press release issued today, inferred that the group's entire tour was to be delayed, which put the Australian dates in question but that will not be the case. "GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan," it read.

Dainty spoke with injured GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed," Dainty said. "He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen."

To clarify the position, only Japan will be affected. The Japanese dates which were going to happen from April 14 have been moved to July.

The tour will now start in South Africa on April 27 and then head to Australia on June 10. The first Australian date is in Perth at Burswood Dome and will be followed with dates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

Special guests on the tour will be ROSE TATTOO and SEBASTIAN BACH. One more local act is still to be announced.

ok

What was the point in posting something so old?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #582 on: April 20, 2007, 05:14:44 PM »

Shed some positive light on the situation and maybe stop thinking so negative? An injured hand, nothing more, 70 shows for the rest of the year...

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #583 on: April 20, 2007, 05:18:03 PM »

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=32161

LOS ANGELES (Geffen Records) - According to promoter Paul Dainty has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES Australian dates will go ahead as scheduled.

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," Dainty told Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".

GUNS N' ROSES, in a badly worded press release issued today, inferred that the group's entire tour was to be delayed, which put the Australian dates in question but that will not be the case. "GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan," it read.

Dainty spoke with injured GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed," Dainty said. "He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen."

To clarify the position, only Japan will be affected. The Japanese dates which were going to happen from April 14 have been moved to July.

The tour will now start in South Africa on April 27 and then head to Australia on June 10. The first Australian date is in Perth at Burswood Dome and will be followed with dates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

Special guests on the tour will be ROSE TATTOO and SEBASTIAN BACH. One more local act is still to be announced.

ok

What was the point in posting something so old?

A couple of websites have picked-up the old story and are running it today...so it is confusing.

Yes that is old.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #584 on: April 20, 2007, 05:21:11 PM »

Shed some positive light on the situation and maybe stop thinking so negative? An injured hand, nothing more, 70 shows for the rest of the year...

You actually think they can pull off 70 shows  rofl  I'll believe it when I see it!! Nothing every seems to go right in the GnR camp. There is always something that brings it all crumbling down.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
« Reply #585 on: April 20, 2007, 05:25:10 PM »

You actually think they can pull off 70 shows  rofl  I'll believe it when I see it!!

Then let us tell you a story about the wayback days of 2006.
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #586 on: April 20, 2007, 05:26:03 PM »

^^Well said. How many actually believed there would be over 70 shows in 2006? And when did they start? May.

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #587 on: April 20, 2007, 05:26:09 PM »

There is always something that brings it all crumbling down.

Well, we are constantly reminded of how there has only been one constant in regards to Guns N' Roses for the past 20 years. Maybe that would be a good place to start.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #588 on: April 20, 2007, 05:26:48 PM »

70 shows for the rest of the year?

For the record, if they started these 70 dates the day after the (cancelled?) New Zealand show, then they would have to do a show every 2.92 days non-stop for the rest of the year untill December 31st. ?That doesn't take into consideration normal occurances like major holidays or travel time (assuming this would be a world tour).

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #589 on: April 20, 2007, 05:29:45 PM »

As I said, they did over 70 shows last year and they started in May. So there is still time...

Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #590 on: April 20, 2007, 05:33:32 PM »

shit, it sucks that all these shows are getting cancelled...I feel bad for the people that were going to go. Im sure they will reschedule...someday

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #591 on: April 20, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

One streak of bad luck after another.  no

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #592 on: April 20, 2007, 06:23:06 PM »

Have any of our Australian brethren tried contacting the Aussie promoter for first hand clarification of their shows being off/on?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #593 on: April 20, 2007, 06:27:28 PM »

It's very interesting to me that there has not been a release from the band yet.  Though, I guess they did wait a few days to announce the Japan postponments.

I would hope they are putting together a release to explain which shows have been cancelled and why.  A mention on the status of CD would be nice too. Though, that sort of "good idea rule" doesn't seem to apply for this band lol.

For a few months in 2005, I kinda stopped paying much attention to GNR.  I might start doing that again, find something else to occupy my attention.  It seems better then to wait here on the forums.  Waiting around here is just so freaking painful.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #594 on: April 20, 2007, 06:33:20 PM »

It's not 70 though man. The article you posted says the South African dates are still scheduled, but the NEW articles from today say that they are canceled. The shows in Mexico have been canceled too, and I won't be shocked if the shows in Japan are canceled.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #595 on: April 20, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »

For a few months in 2005, I kinda stopped paying much attention to GNR.  I might start doing that again, find something else to occupy my attention.  It seems better then to wait here on the forums.  Waiting around here is just so freaking painful.
I did that too. not only 2005, but 2004 and some months in 2003 as well. when Axl said 'live your life, only wait for Jesus' or something like i just stopped paying much attention to Gn'R.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
« Reply #596 on: April 20, 2007, 06:36:37 PM »

The shows in Mexico have been canceled too

Apparently the promoter doesn't think so.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #597 on: April 20, 2007, 06:38:59 PM »

The shows in Mexico have been canceled too

Apparently the promoter doesn't think so.
nothing is confirmed yet. maybe south african shows... cause promoters said that. others might be 'guessing'.
lastest word from Gn'R camp was: Gn'R will honor their 2 south african shows.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #598 on: April 20, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »

This info. has been pulled from the "latest headlines" so maybe we are going to get an update from GNR soon.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #599 on: April 20, 2007, 06:43:01 PM »

This info. has been pulled from the "latest headlines" so maybe we are going to get an update from GNR soon.

Hopefully. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: