Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 02:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 97168 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #560 on: April 20, 2007, 04:25:23 PM »

Thanks Axl

Don't blame Axl. ?Blame gravity. ?That's what caused Tommy to fall.

I guess we should also blame gravity for the 0 information we have been given on CD, as was promised. 
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #561 on: April 20, 2007, 04:25:46 PM »

Sir issac newton.
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #562 on: April 20, 2007, 04:26:03 PM »

Not releasing a press release was not cool
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 04:12:46 PM by J? » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #563 on: April 20, 2007, 04:27:30 PM »

Sir issac newton.

Albert Einstein too.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #564 on: April 20, 2007, 04:27:50 PM »

The article probably put some sort of negative spin on shows being cancelled...

God, or should I say Jarmo, forbid.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #565 on: April 20, 2007, 04:28:13 PM »

I guess we should also blame gravity for the 0 information we have been given on CD, as was promised.

0 information? ?I could have sworn we were told that the album is done recording and is being mixed.

Anyway, how would gravity affect that? ?Someone needs to take a remedial physics class.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #566 on: April 20, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

0 information? ?I could have sworn we were told that the album is done recording and is being mixed.

Anyway, how would gravity affect that? ?Someone needs to take a remedial physics class.

Its called sarcasm dude.  And if you think the mixing statement was a good way of explaining the current status of CD and why the 3-6 release date wasnt met, youre really as dumb as you sound.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #567 on: April 20, 2007, 04:34:04 PM »

Its called sarcasm dude.  And if you think the mixing statement was a good way of explaining the current status of CD and why the 3-6 release date wasnt met, youre really as dumb as you sound.

Actually, no.  What I originally said is sarcasm.  What you said made absolutely no sense.  What does gravity have to do with not hearing something?  Sarcasm has to make sense to work.  Apparently you need to take a remedial english class too.

And as far as the release date thing...you specifically said "0 information" so I pointed out to you how that is not true.  Zero is a pretty definitive number.  After you complete your remedial English and Physics classes, sign up for remedial math.

badapple81
« Reply #568 on: April 20, 2007, 04:34:27 PM »

Not releasing a press response, word on the street is new gnr is donezo!

It doesn't look good right now does it?
AxlNow
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #569 on: April 20, 2007, 04:35:51 PM »

The band now has plenty of time on their hands to make sure the CD is released. There is your positive outlook for today. Happy Weekend!
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #570 on: April 20, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »

It doesn't look good right now does it?

And you know what else?  It really doesn't look bad either.  Now, if 6-9 months go buy with no reschedules and no real news on the album, then it would look bad.

Which is entirely feasible, unfortunately.

Olorin
« Reply #571 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:24 PM »

Mabye they intend to showcase a hell of a lot more new material in the live shows this year and they want Tommy to be part of that unveiling Huh

I was pondering this today whilst working away. There was various allegations of Tommys frustration of the lack of new material last year being played live, the guy has been a part of this whole fruitless saga for an eternity.

Could it not be possible that the Guns are now fully loaded and ready to start showing what they have been working on and it would detract to the part that Tommy played in this long, long, loooooong process. If it was unveiled with yet another stand in, the work of "the band" would not be acknowledged by many of the critics, it would once again be" Axl and his hired guns".
Tommy might be saying "I want to be there when we start playing our music", it is a nice gesture that they would be prepared to take the all the backlash to show the guy how much he means to the project if that was the case.

Or it could all be BS, because after 8 years of waiting I am just as cynical as the next guy.
GNRfan2008
Headliner

« Reply #572 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:27 PM »

Actually, no.  What I originally said is sarcasm.  What you said made absolutely no sense.  What does gravity have to do with not hearing something?  Sarcasm has to make sense to work.  Apparently you need to take a remedial english class too.

And as far as the release date thing...you specifically said "0 information" so I pointed out to you how that is not true.  Zero is a pretty definitive number.  After you complete your remedial English and Physics classes, sign up for remedial math.

Wouldn't remedial math come before remedial physics?  hihi
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #573 on: April 20, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »

Wouldn't remedial math come before remedial physics?

You're probably right.  Although in this case I doubt it matters.  He will most-likely not finish any of the courses.

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #574 on: April 20, 2007, 04:42:00 PM »

Its called sarcasm dude.? And if you think the mixing statement was a good way of explaining the current status of CD and why the 3-6 release date wasnt met, youre really as dumb as you sound.

Actually, no.? What I originally said is sarcasm.? What you said made absolutely no sense.? What does gravity have to do with not hearing something?? Sarcasm has to make sense to work.? Apparently you need to take a remedial english class too.

And as far as the release date thing...you specifically said "0 information" so I pointed out to you how that is not true.? Zero is a pretty definitive number.? After you complete your remedial English and Physics classes, sign up for remedial math.

Haha, easy killer.? Well as little sense as I seem to be making to you, the fact that youre implying GNR fans have been kept well informed makes even less sense.? Now I'll take those English and Physics classes if you seek out a Reality class.? Do they offer those around you? : )
SterileEyes
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #575 on: April 20, 2007, 04:43:47 PM »

Happy 4/20 indeed!

...it's nobody's fault, it's unfortunate and I'm not blaming anybody, just sayin...  peace

Follow the link below to hear my cover of "Pretty Tied Up"

http://www.myspace.com/marlahooch1
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #576 on: April 20, 2007, 04:45:28 PM »

Ok...we're all done killing time here, I think.

So Jarmo: What's the deal with the news store about the cancellations being removed on the front page?

Edward Rose
« Reply #577 on: April 20, 2007, 04:47:34 PM »

Mabye they intend to showcase a hell of a lot more new material in the live shows this year and they want Tommy to be part of that unveiling Huh

I was pondering this today whilst working away. There was various allegations of Tommys frustration of the lack of new material last year being played live, the guy has been a part of this whole fruitless saga for an eternity.

Could it not be possible that the Guns are now fully loaded and ready to start showing what they have been working on and it would detract to the part that Tommy played in this long, long, loooooong process. If it was unveiled with yet another stand in, the work of "the band" would not be acknowledged by many of the critics, it would once again be" Axl and his hired guns".
Tommy might be saying "I want to be there when we start playing our music", it is a nice gesture that they would be prepared to take the all the backlash to show the guy how much he means to the project if that was the case.

Or it could all be BS, because after 8 years of waiting I am just as cynical as the next guy.

You bring up some good points. However, at this point they still need to respond to the fans at their web site as to why a Hired Gun couldn't play the festival dates. As I said before, headlining a festival is WICKED important. And you don't have to have experience in the music biz to think, "3 weeks is a long time. A replacement bass player could surely learn all the songs and at least cover the S.A. dates."
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #578 on: April 20, 2007, 05:09:01 PM »

I am just so concerned what is happening. I am trying to be optimistic but damn it doesnt sound good. Axl needs to write up something and put on the official site, or have Del or someone give us an update. Any kind of information on regards to Chinese, to the status of the band, to a tour. Why are we always left in the dark from things and the only news we get is a Press Release or a report on some foreign website. Why cant the band or Axl just give us a few  updates on the site? They would gain so much compassion from the fans it would be worth it.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #579 on: April 20, 2007, 05:12:47 PM »

http://top40-charts.com/news.php?nid=32161

LOS ANGELES (Geffen Records) - According to promoter Paul Dainty has confirmed that the GUNS N' ROSES Australian dates will go ahead as scheduled.

"Only the Japanese dates have been changed," Dainty told Undercover News. They have 70 dates this year and they are airing on the side of caution".

GUNS N' ROSES, in a badly worded press release issued today, inferred that the group's entire tour was to be delayed, which put the Australian dates in question but that will not be the case. "GUNS N' ROSES have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour which was due to start in Japan," it read.

Dainty spoke with injured GN'R bassist Tommy Stinson today. "The guy is so embarrassed," Dainty said. "He walked down a couple of steps and fell over. He put out his had to protect himself, as you do, went to bed and when he woke up it was swollen."

To clarify the position, only Japan will be affected. The Japanese dates which were going to happen from April 14 have been moved to July.

The tour will now start in South Africa on April 27 and then head to Australia on June 10. The first Australian date is in Perth at Burswood Dome and will be followed with dates in Adelaide, Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Auckland.

Special guests on the tour will be ROSE TATTOO and SEBASTIAN BACH. One more local act is still to be announced.

ok

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: