Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 05:34:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 97316 times)
axleu
« Reply #520 on: April 20, 2007, 02:36:25 PM »

This is the end
Beautiful friend
This is the end
My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end
Of everything that stands, the end
No safety or surprise, the end
I'll never look into your eyes...again

Jim Morrison

+1

Like finding ?a "replacement" bassist would be so fuckin' hard for this band (remember Brain-Frank?Huh?)...
aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #521 on: April 20, 2007, 02:42:40 PM »

MY personal problem are the cancellations till end of june. For this they need a good explanation.
That it takes 2 weeks longer for Tommy to recover than they thought, well ok this can happen, but if it takes 2 month, there is something seriously wrong...
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #522 on: April 20, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

You haven't noticed how some feel like they're owed something because they've been fans for years and bought all the records?

peopel usually use the (I bought all the records) thing to justify their opinion...."I've been following GNR for X years so my opinion matters" not "I bought all GNR's albums so Axl owes it to me that CD be released now"

thank you... you are one of the sensible people here.

like this poster?

i went to 3 shows this last tour.

i lost my money from the cancelled 2002 tour.

i have bought every release from GN'R. some i still own in cassette.... spent thousands on merchandise. t-shirts, posters, collectibles, and pretty much became a musician because of GNR.

My first concert was GNR.

So... sorry... i didn't know i didn't have the right to be disappointed...

FUCK YOU.

he said he was "dissappointed"....not that he was owed anything peace

He IS owed something, and I don't give a fuck who thinks otherwise. If you went and spent your hard earned money on a CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR you are owed a fucking album. If you spent countless thousands of dollars over the years on albums, tickets and merchandise you'd think the band would at least owe you the common decency to update you on albums/tours getting canceled, etc.

See, thats the little unspoken agreement between musicians and fans.. we go see their shows, buy their shirts, join their fan clubs, get their albums and in return they pump out great music for us to listen to. It's not too much to ask, yet Axl has made it the most impossible task in the world.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #523 on: April 20, 2007, 02:47:53 PM »

To my knowledge cancellations are made only for the festival performances in sa. others are being rescheduled.

+1

Like finding  a "replacement" bassist would be so fuckin' hard for this band (remember Brain-Frank?Huh?)...

it is hard now i assume.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #524 on: April 20, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »

To my knowledge cancellations are made only for the festival performances in sa. others are being rescheduled.

+1

Like finding  a "replacement" bassist would be so fuckin' hard for this band (remember Brain-Frank?Huh?)...

it is hard now i assume.

why would a talented bassist what to join a band that is led the way the current Axl band is led.
Exposure is the only reason I can think off, and even then it could damage your career.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #525 on: April 20, 2007, 02:54:54 PM »

hihi

I wish in 2001 that I could've read this thread from the future... ?The same "sides" going back and forth in the same argument, shows cancelled, no album release, talks of reunions. ?This drama may have a longer life than Beverly Hills 90210. ?rofl
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #526 on: April 20, 2007, 02:55:41 PM »

maybe tommie is just a cover for someone else who has a problem in the band ?

Let's hope things go VERY fast. ?yes yes

Nothing to say
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #527 on: April 20, 2007, 02:56:20 PM »

hihi

I wish in 2001 that I could've read this thread from the future...  The same "sides" going back and forth in the same argument, shows cancelled, no album release, talks of reunions.  This drama may have a longer life than Beverly Hills 90210.  rofl

LOL yeah, now that you mentioned it, it is like a damn soap opera. Nothing ever happens but the same drama works out entertaining the masses for years hihi
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #528 on: April 20, 2007, 02:57:08 PM »

i think we're all part of a BIG experiment from the MIT or something.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #529 on: April 20, 2007, 02:57:40 PM »

He IS owed something, and I don't give a fuck who thinks otherwise. If you went and spent your hard earned money on a CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR you are owed a fucking album. If you spent countless thousands of dollars over the years on albums, tickets and merchandise you'd think the band would at least owe you the common decency to update you on albums/tours getting canceled, etc.

See, thats the little unspoken agreement between musicians and fans.. we go see their shows, buy their shirts, join their fan clubs, get their albums and in return they pump out great music for us to listen to. It's not too much to ask, yet Axl has made it the most impossible task in the world.

an unspoken agreement is very often no more than a little misunderstanding by a side.

neemo here's one more proof that jarmo was right.             
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2007, 03:02:37 PM »

why would a talented bassist what to join a band that is led the way the current Axl band is led.
Exposure is the only reason I can think off, and even then it could damage your career.

spending almost a fucking decade?
Have you actually followed the saga after 2002?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2007, 03:02:51 PM »

i think we're all part of a BIG experiment from the MIT or something.

I thought that was pretty funny! Grin

aramelus
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »

Maybe the cancellations are part of the "marketing strategy" for CD...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #533 on: April 20, 2007, 03:05:44 PM »

Maybe the cancellations are part of the "marketing strategy" for CD...

again most are postponements.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #534 on: April 20, 2007, 03:14:10 PM »

So, do we still think Bucket's "illness" is what derailed 2002? Looks like the same thing; different player.

gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #535 on: April 20, 2007, 03:16:20 PM »

So, do we still think Bucket's "illness" is what derailed 2002? Looks like the same thing; different player.

Yeah. Tommy is lying. So if he posts pictures of his hand, you'd say they were doctored?

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #536 on: April 20, 2007, 03:17:07 PM »

Seems to me a certain album is still unfinished mixing wise, and until it is 100% complete, shows will continue to be cancelled/postponed.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #537 on: April 20, 2007, 03:20:47 PM »

If you pay for tickets, airfares, hotels, etc, then you are owed something by the band.

Yes you are...its called a concert, or your money back.

if you are traveling out of country to see a concert only then you get your cash back from the show and go spend it on the night out in an exotic locale beer but its not he bands fault you chose to travel to see them that is your own decision  peace

vicente
Headliner

"OK, nevermind"

« Reply #538 on: April 20, 2007, 03:21:35 PM »

Any person who knows the business environment know one gold rule: it's always better for you to come clean than to let wild rumours take place.

Tommy had an accident. It happens and could happen with any other band. But everything around GNR camp gets bigger, so know we have all the fans in a state of fear and disbelief regarding the future of the band.

And fear lead to wrong assumptions.

What do we KNOW?

- The band has made a huge succesful tour last year, doing over 70 shows in Europe and North America.
- The recording process is done
- Tommy injured his hand

The problem is: we (fans and normal press) don't have an official and clear statement. It's always Bumblefoot, or someone else who talks about it, when the right thing would be Axl or whoever the new manager is (if there is one) coming to say "Yeah, Tommy can't play, so we're sorry for cancelling the shows, but don't worry, CD is coming, the recording is done, the mixing is going well and should be finished in x weeks, etc".

It is what people in advertising call "damage control". If you have some kinf of problem you act in a way that this problem won't damage you product/company's image.

Guns should do something like that.

:: Vicente ::

"all that anger, all that anger"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »

Yeah. Tommy is lying. So if he posts pictures of his hand, you'd say they were doctored?

than they'd ask for a medical certificate, I betcha.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: