Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 04:56:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 97299 times)
ZRO
Rocker

Does this look infected?

« Reply #500 on: April 20, 2007, 01:57:28 PM »

You haven't noticed how some feel like they're owed something because they've been fans for years and bought all the records?

peopel usually use the (I bought all the records) thing to justify their opinion...."I've been following GNR for X years so my opinion matters" not "I bought all GNR's albums so Axl owes it to me that CD be released now"

like this poster?

i went to 3 shows this last tour.

i lost my money from the cancelled 2002 tour.

i have bought every release from GN'R. some i still own in cassette.... spent thousands on merchandise. t-shirts, posters, collectibles, and pretty much became a musician because of GNR.

My first concert was GNR.

So... sorry... i didn't know i didn't have the right to be disappointed...

FUCK YOU.

he said he was "dissappointed"....not that he was owed anything peace

He IS owed something, and I don't give a fuck who thinks otherwise. If you went and spent your hard earned money on a CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR you are owed a fucking album. If you spent countless thousands of dollars over the years on albums, tickets and merchandise you'd think the band would at least owe you the common decency to update you on albums/tours getting canceled, etc.

See, thats the little unspoken agreement between musicians and fans.. we go see their shows, buy their shirts, join their fan clubs, get their albums and in return they pump out great music for us to listen to. It's not too much to ask, yet Axl has made it the most impossible task in the world.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #501 on: April 20, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »

Now you see neemo. hihi

oh and by the way, my friends never laughted at me cause i'm a Gn'R fan.
if someone laughted at you maybe some friends like Iron Maiden and other heavy metal bands, so they always say that hard rock is shit and etc.

Or maybe they just laughed because you (not you bruno) were funny.

Hope he's fine, really. Not only for the band and/or fans...

my sentiment exactly. and I hope everyone in the band is fine.

I'm sorry for the fellow fans in sa about the cancellation.
I feel bad for those who were seeing them in Australia NZ mexico and japan as (/if) the tours are postponed.

But not for those ego tripping ones who are here to attack the band....like who cares about others mishaps.
being so insensible to others, what are they expecting from music?
am a fan of the band not of some clueless critic. About the band more than anything I?d believe the band.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 02:02:57 PM by ppbebe » Logged
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #502 on: April 20, 2007, 02:02:17 PM »

if someone laughted at you maybe some friends like Iron Maiden and other heavy metal bands, so they always say that hard rock is shit and etc.

Now you see neemo. hihi

Hope he's fine, really. Not only for the band and/or fans...

my sentiment exactly. and I hope everyone in the band is fine.

I'm sorry for the fellow fans in sa about the cancellation.
it's bad for those who are seeing them in Australia NZ mexico japan that the tours are postponed.

But not for those ego tripping ones who are here to attack the band....like who cares about others mishaps.
being so insensible to others, what are they expecting from music?
am a fan of the band not of some clueless critic. About the band more than anything I?d believe the band.

lol, really.
I also hope everyone is okay.  people treat them like if 'fell in the stairs and hurt some band member's hand' is some crime.  Roll Eyes

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #503 on: April 20, 2007, 02:04:10 PM »

You know what ? i think we're disappointed because we don't know what will happen about Chinese Democracy  Huh we're in unknown world  nervous

(i must go back to school to improve my english  hihi )
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #504 on: April 20, 2007, 02:06:14 PM »

He IS owed something, and I don't give a fuck who thinks otherwise. If you went and spent your hard earned money on a CHINESE DEMOCRACY WORLD TOUR you are owed a fucking album.

thats ridiculous Roll Eyes if you spend money on the tour then the only thing you are owed is A) seeing the concert(s) you paid for or failing that B) a refund hihi

now if you paid Axl $15 for a copy of the album...then he owes you an album peace

Now you see neemo. hihi

actually IronMaiden has released alot of material since GnR went on hiatus hihi most of the people that get a kick outta my obsession used to be fans of GnR as well...they just got sick of all the false hopes and have moved on Undecided I stubbornly refuse to hihi all the jests i receive are in good fun....Axl should take solace in the fact that he has amused many of my freinds at the expense of my stubborn loyalty in the past decade rofl

HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2007, 02:06:30 PM »

This sucks, but oh well. What can ya do? I'm really most disappointed for the band who all seemed really anxious to get out and play to new parts of the world. My biggest fear is that GNR's appeal wil be vastly dwindling. GNR really have been in a unique spot, they get to headline every show/festival they play with no new album, singles, or anything, and the more times this happens, less and less promoters are gonna be willing to book them. Oh well...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #506 on: April 20, 2007, 02:06:58 PM »

You know what ? i think we're disappointed because we don't know what will happen about Chinese Democracy Huh we're in unknown world nervous

(i must go back to school to improve my english hihi )

You think? ............ peace Lack of updates is getting to everyone at the moment.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2007, 02:08:03 PM »

you might be feeling uncertainty but no need to get disappointed now unless you were seeing the scheduled shows.
Kallyopia
Headliner

« Reply #508 on: April 20, 2007, 02:10:32 PM »

You know what ? i think we're disappointed because we don't know what will happen about Chinese Democracy Huh we're in unknown world nervous

(i must go back to school to improve my english hihi )

You think? ............ peace Lack of updates is getting to everyone at the moment.
that's what i want to say ^^ cancellations are synonymous of no news or speech of axl on stage about CD, because some of us expected a lot of SA gigs, don't you think ?
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #509 on: April 20, 2007, 02:12:44 PM »

Axl should take solace in the fact that he has amused many of my freinds at the expense of my stubborn loyalty in the past decade rofl

In this sense Axl has amused a whole shitload of people...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
surforia
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #510 on: April 20, 2007, 02:15:03 PM »

sux for the South African, Mexican, Australian, Kiwi fans, but this good be GREAT news for everyone else if the cancellation was to actually have album promotion, make a video, etc....  who knows, we may even get a firm release date out of this? 

(just trying to stay positive)  ok
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #511 on: April 20, 2007, 02:17:04 PM »

actually IronMaiden has released alot of material since GnR went on hiatus hihi most of the people that get a kick outta my obsession used to be fans of GnR as well...they just got sick of all the false hopes and have moved on Undecided I stubbornly refuse to hihi all the jests i receive are in good fun....Axl should take solace in the fact that he has amused many of my freinds at the expense of my stubborn loyalty in the past decade rofl
kill your friends that moved on. hihi
well, some people use to say that Gn'R is over and I say to them 'yeah, right, wait until CD is released and you'll shut up'. problem is: when will they shut up?  rofl
anyway im hoping for a single/release date soon.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #512 on: April 20, 2007, 02:17:17 PM »

Enough with the depressing shit already. Let's just hang tight for an "inevitable" announcement direct from the band.

LOL you are quite optimistic! I am sure that we will get pretty much the same words that we already saw in the anouncement of the promoters in a press statement on the GnR webpage. I mean it was pretty much the same when they canceled Japan. The text on their webpage is a cut down version of the press relase of the japanase promoter.

I think the most we could hope for, and I don`t really think that this will happen until something really severe happens, that we get another letter by Howard Weitzman signed by Axl hihi
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #513 on: April 20, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »

that's what i want to say ^^ cancellations are synonymous of no news or speech of axl on stage about CD, because some of us expected a lot of SA gigs, don't you think ?

they expected more than the two? Huh

In this sense Axl has amused a whole shitload of people...

could be. more fans seems to be hit by the shit  than by good news.
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #514 on: April 20, 2007, 02:23:49 PM »

Enough with the depressing shit already. Let's just hang tight for an "inevitable" announcement direct from the band.

LOL you are quite optimistic! I am sure that we will get pretty much the same words that we already saw in the anouncement of the promoters in a press statement on the GnR webpage. I mean it was pretty much the same when they canceled Japan. The text on their webpage is a cut down version of the press relase of the japanase promoter.

I think the most we could hope for, and I don`t really think that this will happen until something really severe happens, that we get another letter by Howard Weitzman signed by Axl hihi

I was just saying that maybe it's a bit premature for people to get all "fuck axl", "fuck this band", "gnr owes me this record". Maybe they are postponing all dates to wait on the outcome of Tommy's injury. Perhaps they are thinking "Well we fucked up once by under-estimating the severity of his injury, let's not cock it up again by saying we'll be able to make the dates without knowing for definate."
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #515 on: April 20, 2007, 02:28:44 PM »

If you pay for tickets, airfares, hotels, etc, then you are owed something by the band.

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #516 on: April 20, 2007, 02:29:33 PM »

If you pay for tickets, airfares, hotels, etc, then you are owed something by the band.

Yes you are...its called a concert, or your money back.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
burden
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #517 on: April 20, 2007, 02:30:12 PM »

I believe at this point he has two real options from the perspective of not tarnashing the GnR legacy.

1.  Never release the album, thus leaving intact the fantastic body of music GnR already has and whatever dignity the name GnR has left.

2.  Release a masterpeice.

I do not believe a release of anything less than a masterpeice will make any sense at this point.  Given the facts and circumstances of the last 5 years there is nothing left that can save what of was once considered the best and coolest band in the world.  Since '91 Axl has systematically destroyed that legacy and reputation.  I am a huge Axl fan and really do like the new stuff but nobody in their right mind can honestly answer that what Axl has done since 2001 until now makes any logical sense.  It makes no sense that there is no album release.  People can say that they had to restart after Buckethead left, but he probably left for the same reasons Slash, Duff, and Matt left - Axl will not let the material go.  At some point the material has to be good enough.  I have never seen one interview, press release, release of a band member, etc where it has been Axl's fault.  There is always someone or something to blame - Slash, Duff, Matt, Buckethead, Brain, promoters, the record company, the producers, his childhood, the neighbor, St. Louis, Montreal, Metallica, Tommy's injury, etc.......  However, never has Axl been to blame even while wastefully and irresponsibly spending money on an album he wasn't even making.  I hate the New York Times, but if there story was so untrue, why didn't Axl sue?  He sues others for less but here was the biggest and most reputable paper in the United States telling a story that no album existed and there wasn't even a peep other than a poorly written letter from Merc to contest the story.  The latest tour debacle is just another in a long list of how unorganized this band and how sad its become under the leadership of one W. Axl Rose.  Somewhere all the ones who have been blamed are laughing.  Maybe they are too broke to pay a replacement member, who knows, becuase other us diehards nobody knows that Tommy Stinson is in the band anyway, or cares for that matter. That leads me to believe that there is something very wrong in the band camp and most likely it is because the album is not being released again.  Do any of you think the other members like not being able to honestly answer what is going on with the album.  I bet they feel like fools. 

The bottom line is that Axl has messed this up and now he is too paralyzed or scared to deal with it.   It's kind of sad, because there is no doubt in my mind that in his prime he was the best frontman of my generation and could be placed on the short list of any generation.  Well, he has two options.  He should make the decision quickly and move on with life.  Because in the long run its probably better for everyone involved - himself, the band, the one hel left behind, and the remaining fans who hold out hope that what once was, still is.  Unfortunaltely, its hard to put a shatter mirror back together again and for anyone to look the same when they look into it.  I think Axl's mirror shattered a long time ago and for me it just this long to finally realize it.
Jimmy?
Legend

« Reply #518 on: April 20, 2007, 02:31:02 PM »

Rather be an optimist, than a deppressive no-hoper with nothing better to do than go on various forums telling people how optimistic they are and how they should have no hope for this band. That wasn't aimed at you of course ?hihi Just a general description of some of the trolls we have on here.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #519 on: April 20, 2007, 02:35:20 PM »

Yes you are...its called a concert, or your money back.

and isn't having 6 days in advance enough to cancel the bookings?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: