Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:24:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228529 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105636 times)
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

this is B-S

Tommy isnt needed on tour, only in the recording studio, they can do fine with a repalcement/bass machine, whatever, this is probably just another excuse caus Axls changed his mind ONCE AGAIN ,
It is not just the bass playing for Tommy. He is the leader of the band itself. ( other than Axl)

They are grown men. They can handle a couple of shows without "their leader" as you call it.
e

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2007, 09:27:43 AM »

the thing is that the concerts in Oz are almost 2 months away?

1. tommy must have reall really fucked his hand

2. somehgting else is afoot?

ps. i hope it is just part 1 that applies nervous

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Lesty
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #222 on: April 20, 2007, 09:28:09 AM »

Not speculating, but if this is true, GnR will go down in history as the band who alienated, confused and upset their fans the most. Loyalty is wonderful, but even the most diehard fans have their breaking point.

p-man
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: April 20, 2007, 09:28:45 AM »

this is complete bullshit.  but the sad thing is that we have become used to bullshit.
Death Cube K
« Reply #224 on: April 20, 2007, 09:28:49 AM »

This band shows it is an actual band with loyalty to one another if they decide not to bring in a replacement for Tommy.

What about loyalty to the thousands of fans who bought tickets and spent money on travel? A bass players hand is more important?
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #225 on: April 20, 2007, 09:29:39 AM »

It is not just the bass playing for Tommy. He is the leader of the band itself. ( other than Axl)

And you are basing this on what? ?The fact that BBF and Frank are close friends. ?The fact that Axl writes teh checks for all of them. ? The fact that Dizzy has been in the band 7 years longer? ?Or the fact that he seems most focused and doesnt do other projects? ?Or the fact that he has walked off stage during sets before? ?What are you basing this on but your opinion? ?Seriously you cant say stuff like hes the leader of the band, other than the leader of the band. ?This is just an absurd/worthless statement.
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #226 on: April 20, 2007, 09:30:36 AM »

Seriously.....some people are severly overreacting here...

We've not had an official confirmation of a cancellation/indefinate postponement of the world tour OR the reason behind it...

Until then is it reeeaaally worth bitching about it, really? Roll Eyes

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #227 on: April 20, 2007, 09:31:36 AM »

Until then is it reeeaaally worth bitching about it, really?

Oh come on. Everyones reporting it.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #228 on: April 20, 2007, 09:31:41 AM »

This band shows it is an actual band with loyalty to one another if they decide not to bring in a replacement for Tommy.

What about loyalty to the thousands of fans who bought tickets and spent money on travel? A bass players hand is more important?

Roll Eyes

Yes. ?The health and well being of a band member is more important then a show. ?
If someone is injured they can't play for you.
And I am sticking by that the band is loyal to each other if they won't perform without Tommy.

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #229 on: April 20, 2007, 09:33:23 AM »

if Axl n' Roses cancel this world tour Chinese democracy wouldn't be released, FUCK!!!!! My patience's gone!!!!
Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #230 on: April 20, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »

Until then is it reeeaaally worth bitching about it, really?

Oh come on. Everyones reporting it.

The cancellation, yes....

But none of us know that it's because of Tommy's injury...as far as I'm concerned it's just pure speculation

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
Death Cube K
« Reply #231 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:01 AM »

The health and well being of a band member is more important then a show. 

Irrelevant. You just find someone to do the shows for the injured bass player. Its fucking bass!!! Its no quantum physics. Some of you think that playing these tunes is like the most difficoult job ever. Just get a guy to do the songs and everyone will be happy. Now people are pissed because they cancell shows for no good reason. There are a few million people who knows these songs. Find one of them. There a couple of thousands of people in Los Angeles alone.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #232 on: April 20, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »

COME ON JARMO, MYSTERON WHERE ARE YOU , , REPLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

WE NEED YOU THE MOST, NOW THEN EVER, GIVE US SOME OFFICIAL SH!T

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #233 on: April 20, 2007, 09:38:58 AM »

do you think the majority of the people here need a comprhensive update to not assume the next step for this band is silence, members leaving, inaction as generally follows these cancellations?
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #234 on: April 20, 2007, 09:40:53 AM »

The health and well being of a band member is more important then a show.?

Irrelevant. You just find someone to do the shows for the injured bass player. Its fucking bass!!! Its no quantum physics. Some of you think that playing these tunes is like the most difficoult job ever. Just get a guy to do the songs and everyone will be happy. Now people are pissed because they cancell shows for no good reason. There are a few million people who knows these songs. Find one of them. There a couple of thousands of people in Los Angeles alone.

I have to disagree with you. ?I flew to Maine and it was canceled and yes, I lost money in airfare, hotels but I still had a good time. ?Life is what you make of it and if you plan it around GNR instead of just still trying to make the best of it when shit happens, no wonder why you are so negative and unhappy.

Personally, I am glad that the only thing Tommy injured was his hand. ?Falling down a flight of stairs could have resulted in far worse.

Why get so upset over this. It's out of your control and in being a fan, you take the good with the bad.

You act like they cancel this to deliberately spite you and everyone on here. ?Have you ever taken into consideration how the band feels about this? ?You think they are like "yay, we once again fucked over and disappointed everyone on HTGTH...let's go out and celebrate tonight...Robin, you buy the first round of drinks."

Chill out dude. ?It's just a small part of life. ?Don't sweat it. GNR are far from being OVER. ?Just another stumbling block. ?

It's all how you embrace it. ?And I choose to stick by them regardless of how long it takes to release new music or whatever shit pops up.

Edit to say I didn't even lose money.  What I meant was I still went to Maine and although the purpose of my trip was to see GNR, I still had a good time even though the show got canceled.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 09:50:25 AM by dolphin » Logged
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #235 on: April 20, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »

Uhng. ?In my opinion, what really sucks about this news is that it just takes our attention away from not getting CD or not knowing anything about what's going on with it.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2007, 09:42:51 AM »

let's hope that they are taking advantage from Tommy's injury to finalise the release of the album and coming back on the road with "CD" in stores.

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2007, 09:45:55 AM »

let's hope that they are taking advantage from Tommy's injury to finalise the release of the album and coming back on the road with "CD" in stores.

LMAO......some people never learn.............

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2007, 09:47:56 AM »

Some of you seem to think the band wants to disappoint their fans. I don't believe it for a second. An injury came up, dates postponed. Big deal.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2007, 09:49:55 AM »

If you think this is about Tommy youre blind.  They could have the basslines on a machine, no one would give a damn, hell they could play without a bass and im sure people would still be happy.  I dont believe the story, I think there are tons of problems with the band right now and GNR seems about as close to imploding as it has since the end of the 2002 tour.

Tommy doesnt have a bigger role in the music than THE DRUMMER.  Do you listen to the songs? Its funny GNR can get a lead guitar replacement and a drummer replacement in a matter of a couple of weeks, but the bass player is one of a kind.  I love Tommy, i was a big mats fan and i think hes a great musician.  However, he isnt the greatest bassist out there, he is not necessarily.  If you remember BH's illness coincided with him leaving and I really wouldnt be shocked if Tommy is playing with paul next year.

Strange, I recall Buckethead's illness occuring in 2001... and to my knowledge he toured with them again in 2002....

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: