Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 06:59:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228528 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 105606 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #180 on: April 20, 2007, 08:19:32 AM »

Maybe using Pittman is OK for one show, but for a tour, can they really replace Tommy?

He does have a big role in the band and maybe Axl does not want to go on without him. Tommy has been very loyal to Axl and maybe Axl is being very loyal to Tommy by not getting someone in temporarily.

Maybe this whole story is bullshit and they will be in SA.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2007, 08:21:39 AM »

Maybe Stinsons hand really  is hurt, something is wrong with his homepage? Undecided

no bio, tourdates...etc.

love it when rumours go wild!! peace
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:26:40 AM by rv62900 » Logged
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2007, 08:22:00 AM »

I fear I may have met my limit at this point.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2007, 08:23:48 AM »

IF THIS IS TRUE I AM THRU WITH THIS BAND...

...THEY ARE A FUCKING JOKE.

welcome back at the next update Roll Eyes
man, every time...

again, where does it say the world tour is cancelled?

Whatever, you fucking sheep.

Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2007, 08:24:16 AM »

I say lets all bomb their myspace page with comments demanding to know what the fucks going on.

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2007, 08:24:28 AM »

Maybe Stinson really is hurt, something is wrong with his homepage? Undecided

no bio, tourdates...etc.

he's either hurt or *MAJOR SPECULATION ALERT* quit...

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
xChaosx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: April 20, 2007, 08:28:17 AM »

Has this been officially confirmed yet?

I don't really wanna say anything until it is.

BUT...

Does anyone else hear a gigantic crashing sound?

-Eris

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 08:41:35 AM by xChaosx » Logged

This space is intentionally left blank.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2007, 08:31:49 AM »

No. We have all proclaimed this thing dead after every one of these little incidents, and then we all get over it and move on to whatever the next bit of hope we have is. Anyone who says they are "done" with the band because of this are lying as they will be back whenever it looks like something new might be on the horizon.
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2007, 08:31:54 AM »

Has this been officially confirmed yet?

I don't really wanna say anything until it is.

BUT...

yeah i heard that same sound dec 6th 2002

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
Death Cube K
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2007, 08:33:40 AM »

Can't they just find a replacement? My god...its not like its Axl whos injured. A couple of million people knows the bass lines to the GNR songs....its not that hard to find someone to do the shows.
Death Cube K
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2007, 08:36:22 AM »

Most casual listeners doesnt give a shit whos playing bass. They wanna see Axl. For crying out loud, just hook up with a guy who can do the fucking songs and go on tour.
xChaosx
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2007, 08:40:46 AM »

I know I'm never gonna give up on Guns n' Roses. The music is what matters and I'll wait as long as I need to hear it. Until then, I have a life and my CD collection to get me through.

I just mean that if it IS true it will NOT bode well for the band, especially you-know-who's reputation.

When I read that I just imagined a collective "UGH!!!!!" from the members of this board and fans everywhere... hihi

BUT, has there been official word yet, or just that one source possibly getting us all foaming at the mouth for no real reason?

-Eris

This space is intentionally left blank.
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2007, 08:45:31 AM »

BUT, has there been official word yet, or just that one source possibly getting us all foaming at the mouth for no real reason?

-Eris

These kind of rumours are in 99% of the cases true. Lets hops that the "All tour postponed" is in the rest of the 1%.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2007, 08:45:44 AM »

I just mean that if it IS true it will NOT bode well for the band, especially you-know-who's reputation.

The beauty of the situation is that the band and you-know-who's reputation is already shot, so it is not like this is going to be any huge deal in the grand scheme of things. When you have had the problems they have one more set of cancellations is par for the course, not some monumental disaster that is going to kill the band. They will make a press release, blame something or someone for having to cancel the dates, make some vague reference to progress on the album and the board will be hyped up again by noon. That is the cycle around here and has been since Axl reappeared.
williambailey
Rocker

"Axl is just another version of the Ayatollah"

« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2007, 08:46:59 AM »

Ok so I have bought tickets to their show in Perth and also tickets for another show over on the east coast of Australia. ?I have booked and paid for airfares for my girlfriend and I after buying the tickets. ?I also just paid for accomodation today.

If this is true then once again it just shows a complete lack of respect for fans! ?This surely must have been something brewing for a while, at least from when they cancelled the Japanese dates. ?Right then and there they should have made a decision about the rest of the tour. It seems they did - they would proceed with it. ?Well based on that decision that's what they should fucking do. ?I mean for fuck sake pay some money and hire a replacement, hell that's pretty much what GN'R has done since 1995 anyhow so why cease that "clever" formuale now??

I really hope this rumour isn't true and I would love to have to eat my words, but if it is.............. ahhhh fucken hell how much crap am I supposed to take. This sucks the sweat off a dead man's balls!!!
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2007, 08:47:57 AM »

As usual lots of speculation and assuming, very little facts.

Facts are Japan postponed, and now 2 SA dates postponed according to the promoter and SA media.

Reason given for Japan postponement, Stinson injured hand, very plausible. ?Reason given for SA, we've not heard officially but it would seem reasonable the hand injury is not improving quickly enough. ?That is all the fact known at present.

Stinson in or out of band (he didn't appear at Versace gig) - if he had left why book show dates without a replacement, ?and then cancel nearer the time. ?Always going to be risky and likely to generate bad press. ?Therefore I find this unlikely

As yet no confirmation on Aus, NZ or Mex dates (why would the SA promoter know anything about those?)

charlesfosterkane
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2007, 08:54:50 AM »

strange... i understand tommy stinson is a big part of the band and he's the most recognizable name in the group other than axl but it isn't like this band hasn't temporarily replaced members on leave before (brain). they could get a guy up to speed pretty fast, right? i'm not a musician but i'm pretty sure you could hire a guy, learn him up on 20 songs, and the show would go on well enough. they had enough time between the fall and this business to prepare a contigency.
alternativemonkey
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2007, 08:57:05 AM »

What a joke! Bumblefoot was only in the band 3 weeks before Hammersmith. Certainly, they could find a substitute for Tommy if they wanted.

I quit being a GNR fan today. ?Cry

So long . . . to all the suckers that stick around. If GNR isn't stealing your money, they are stealing your time.
elmir
VIP

« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »

(why would the SA promoter know anything about those?)

because they were notified by gnr management of the cancellation, and were probably told that the rest is going down the same road as well.

and because its Coca Cola....and they don't fuck around....you screw them around like this...they want to know!

I please one person per day...today is not your day...tomorrow ain't looking good either...
Death Cube K
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2007, 09:03:23 AM »

It's bass lines everyone in the world of rock knows. Theyre not even that hard to learn. Simple shit. But they choose to take the hard way out and cancell the fucking stuff? Whats the point? Isnt it better to do the shows, take off a new songs but still do them? Irrational.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: