Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 06:10:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228126 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96832 times)
badapple81
« Reply #140 on: April 20, 2007, 06:46:33 AM »

One article actually says "Australia, New Zealand and Japan".

Well Japan has already passed!

I'm quite confident we are ok for the rest of the tour. Im sure they have no knowledge of the other shows.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #141 on: April 20, 2007, 06:47:05 AM »

Just a thought, is that why Pitman was playing bass at versace? perhaps

could this accident of happened earlier, and we are only hearing about it now, because they realize its not going to get better in time...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
angie62
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #142 on: April 20, 2007, 06:50:17 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible. ?I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation. ?We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.
« Reply #143 on: April 20, 2007, 06:53:03 AM »

Just a thought, is that why Pitman was playing bass at versace?

Maybe Tommy wasn't in town that day? Also; Who cares? 

You know what the real reason for all of this is? We are just hours away from the FBI announcing that Tommy was the second shooter on the grassy knoll. You heard it here first. Motherfucker is hiding in a cabin in Montana right now. They'll never take him alive.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2007, 06:54:20 AM »

Personally I think they've cancelled the dates to begin promotion of the album....  hihi

KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2007, 06:55:50 AM »

Personally I think they've cancelled the dates to begin promotion of the album....  hihi

At least thats what Elvis told me before being abducted by aliens...
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2007, 06:56:17 AM »

dont know if this been postet or if its true:

From mygnr

I have rung Big Concerts here!
You may well know that the bass player fell down some stairs two weeks ago.
He has "not healed sufficiently" for the tour to go on. Therefore the tour is cancelled WORLDWIDE so I am told! This includes Aus I'm afraid as you lucky buggers (I love Aus.!) are part of the world!!!
YOU may like to know that the band's equipment is all in South Africa already!
ciao sally
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #147 on: April 20, 2007, 06:59:04 AM »

At least thats what Elvis told me before being abducted by aliens...

Elvis wasn't abducted by aliens... the US government is having to some secret work...Dude is trying to steal good old W a copy of CD....

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #148 on: April 20, 2007, 06:59:45 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible. ?I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation. ?We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.

Yeah but communication has never been a strong point of GnR - ?If Merck has not been replaced as Manager who is organising this kind of stuff?
badapple81
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2007, 07:00:07 AM »

From mygnr

He has "not healed sufficiently" for the tour to go on. Therefore the tour is cancelled WORLDWIDE so I am told! This includes Aus I'm afraid as you lucky buggers (I love Aus.!) are part of the world!!!
ciao sally

Hope this isnt true.
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2007, 07:00:23 AM »

From mygnr

ciao sally

Right, she called the promoter who happened to mention that the band's equipment is already in SA. Maybe she just read the same article we've already seen and the previous Tommy quote where he mentioned that the gear was already in Japan? Sounds like a total insider.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2007, 07:02:01 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible.  I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation.  We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.

Yeah but communication has never been a strong point of GnR -  If Merck has not been replaced as Manager who is organising this kind of stuff?

GOD

John Galt
Rocker

« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2007, 07:09:25 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible.? I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation.? We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.

Yeah but communication has never been a strong point of GnR -? If Merck has not been replaced as Manager who is organising this kind of stuff?

GOD

There is no evidence God (of any religion) exists, therefore I am not enthused about this appointment  Grin
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2007, 07:11:46 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible.  I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation.  We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.

Yeah but communication has never been a strong point of GnR -  If Merck has not been replaced as Manager who is organising this kind of stuff?

GOD

There is no evidence God (of any religion) exists, therefore I am not enthused about this appointment  Grin

What no love for Lemmy?

Megaguns
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2007, 07:12:25 AM »

you know.... ive thought about this all rationally..... its very early to call if its on or not. ?we have not even been informed on their website that the aussie gigs were on in the first place. Im not looking to read this anywhere else.....
fuck what some nobody says. its on until i officially read its off.
rv62900
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2007, 07:13:33 AM »

You know communication is the answer to all this, I will never understand why that is not possible.? I know most of you wont see the connection but MCR have just announced their bass player is taking time off to start maried life, but their continuing to tour with a stand in most of their fans will probably support and understand because they have been informed. Whereas with guns its just continuous speculation.? We all want to see this band on tour, know that its safe to book flights etc.. We love GNR music or we wouldnt be here, but sometimes its just so hard to keep the faith!! Just my opinion for what its worth.

Yeah but communication has never been a strong point of GnR -? If Merck has not been replaced as Manager who is organising this kind of stuff?

GOD

There is no evidence God (of any religion) exists, therefore I am not enthused about this appointment? Grin

Yes there is....he is talking to me right now and singing: "take me down to the paradise city..." wich is strange since he lives there allready!!!
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2007, 07:14:29 AM »

From mygnr

ciao sally

Right, she called the promoter who happened to mention that the band's equipment is already in SA. Maybe she just read the same article we've already seen and the previous Tommy quote where he mentioned that the gear was already in Japan? Sounds like a total insider.
The quoted text is an email I recieved from the editor of the Newspaper that published the article - just to clarify.

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
John Galt
Rocker

« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2007, 07:14:37 AM »

GOD

There is no evidence God (of any religion) exists, therefore I am not enthused about this appointment? Grin

What no love for Lemmy?

Has Lemmy from Motorhead confirmed he is God? ?Sounds like good news! ok
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2007, 07:18:25 AM »

GOD

What no love for Lemmy?

Has Lemmy from Motorhead confirmed he is God?  Sounds like good news! ok

well he won't come out and say it. but we all know that dude is . beer

god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2007, 07:22:45 AM »

Oh God....Could it come any worse? Somehow all the whiners on this board were right after all!

I am serious, this band has the worst luck ever! And what is even worse since Guns is already flawed by a record of canceled shows and tours they might not find a promoter anymore! I guess in the end they just do not care anymore about the reasons why shows and tours are canceled so often. And before someone starts bitching that GnR does not cancel more often than other bands: we all know they did/do.

I really hope that Tommy is getting better soon and PLEASE GnR get your shit together and release the album! I don`t think that anyone still has the patience!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: