Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 07:01:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 104533 times)
badapple81
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:47 AM »

We'd like to apologise to our fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."

Notice this quote is the same as the old one but with Japanese taken out?

Its now on several South Adfrican news sites, not looking good for them.

Just hope Australia is ok.
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2007, 06:22:14 AM »

I agree, for the Japanese dates. But the Australian dates in fucking June? They can replace him with all their resources.

Did you buy your tickets before or after Tommy got injured? Not a germane point, I know, I'm just interested.
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2007, 06:23:08 AM »

Notice this quote is the same as the old one but with Japanese taken out?

The quotes from Tommy are the old ones too. Does seem odd.
badapple81
« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2007, 06:23:43 AM »

The pre sale for GNR tickets was on Monday.

And please remember GN'R said on their website, 'we will honor the south africa shows'
dead_flowers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: April 20, 2007, 06:25:51 AM »

I'm waiting for an official news from gunsnroses.com before to say something......

Undecided
highvoltage
Headliner

MYGNRFORUM Admin

« Reply #125 on: April 20, 2007, 06:27:07 AM »

Jarmo? Sad

Angus Young - AC/DC
"I'm sick to death of people saying we've made 11 albums that sound exactly the same, when in fact, we've made 12 albums that sound exactly the same."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #126 on: April 20, 2007, 06:28:15 AM »

Um, they can replace the drummer (which is technically way more harder then bass), but they can't replace a bassist in 2 months (for the aussy concerts),
escpeically considering how well ticket sales have been so high for down under,
considering no new album/same band members,

I think we should be fine, tommy will be replaced, otherwise there going to risk loosing alot of fans (inc me unfortunately)

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
eggers
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: April 20, 2007, 06:29:29 AM »

Hmmmmm.
badapple81
« Reply #128 on: April 20, 2007, 06:30:57 AM »

That article may assume that Australia & NZ are off too. I'm still kinda hopeful for Australia and NZ.
« Reply #129 on: April 20, 2007, 06:31:18 AM »

(for the aussy concerts),

We don't know that the Australian shows are actually off, it seems odd that it would be the SA promoters releasing that information. There's no reason that it would have ever been discussed with them.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #130 on: April 20, 2007, 06:32:29 AM »

The pre sale for GNR tickets was on Monday.

And please remember GN'R said on their website, 'we will honor the south africa shows'
Sounds alot like....Everything goes ahead as scheduled...2004 after we knew that Buckethead had left the band...

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
badapple81
« Reply #131 on: April 20, 2007, 06:32:59 AM »

We don't know that the Australian shows are actually off, it seems odd that it would be the SA promoters releasing that information. There's no reason that it would have ever been discussed with them.

Exactly. I have a feeling these articles are assuming the other gigs are off too.

The life of a GNR fan ?Cheesy
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #132 on: April 20, 2007, 06:33:03 AM »

Exactly, I think they just automatically assumed the rest of the tour so far would be postponed til the injury is healed.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
« Reply #133 on: April 20, 2007, 06:34:03 AM »

Exactly. I have a feeling these articles are assuming the other gigs are off too.

The life of a GNR fan  Cheesy

I think it's probably wise to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. So, business as usual.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #134 on: April 20, 2007, 06:35:52 AM »

Simple,

guys if u start seeing promotion for gnr stopping , eg tv ads on channel 10, and no more posters in newspapers and the like,

then expect the worst, other then thatn, cross your fingers, and pray to god

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
badapple81
« Reply #135 on: April 20, 2007, 06:36:00 AM »

http://www.mg.co.za/articlepage.aspx?area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__national/&articleid=305317

Here in article without the mention of the other dates.

I think Australia etc. are ok. Maybe his wrist is still quite bad and they had to make a late assessment.

I dont think the other articles actually ever knew the dates were off in Australia etc.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #136 on: April 20, 2007, 06:37:27 AM »

Adverts would have been booked weeks ago. Maybe we should have a poll how many believe that tommy's injury is the real reason for the delay/cancellation of the tour dates.
« Reply #137 on: April 20, 2007, 06:39:45 AM »

Maybe we should have a poll how many believe that tommy's injury is the real reason for the delay/cancellation of the tour dates.

That'll be really productive. Are you sure we have time to take a break from cataloging alien abductions and Elvis sightings?
badapple81
« Reply #138 on: April 20, 2007, 06:42:13 AM »

lol @ 25!

I think I can understand they may have had to make a late call on Tommy's wrist for the SA gigs and a week isnt enough to get a replacement when he plays a key role.

But concerns two months away, they can and should fulfill.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #139 on: April 20, 2007, 06:42:52 AM »

It seems the articles are just making assumptions about australia and new zealand. They don't even mention the mexico dates. If all dates are postponed wouldn't they mention mexico since those dates are before aussie and new zealand?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: