Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:26:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  South African shows cancelled
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: South African shows cancelled  (Read 96590 times)
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #100 on: April 20, 2007, 06:06:25 AM »

They can get a replacement for SA and the other shows this far in advance for Tommy. I understand Japan as he plays a key role in rehearsals etc. but not these days.

Why should they get a replacement? Canceling the shows looks awful, but that's their prerogative. If they don't feel comfortable going out there with a temp player, for whatever reason, that (and the fall-out) is their problem.

Why should they get a replacement? Cos fans of theirs have bought tickets, gotten excited about it, maybe bought plane tix non refundable or hotels.. thats why! Dont let the fans down.
They've done it in 2001/2002/2003 and 2004...so why not now?

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
« Reply #101 on: April 20, 2007, 06:06:41 AM »

Why should they get a replacement? Cos fans of theirs have bought tickets, gotten excited about it, maybe bought plane tix non refundable or hotels.. thats why! Dont let the fans down.

The show tickets would have to be refunded, anything else is outside of their control. It's a nightmare to be in the fan's position but the band aren't in that position. And they'll likely say "we wouldn't want to let the fans down by taking their money and putting on a shitty show." It's an irreconcilable difference of opinion, I think.
Megaguns
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2007, 06:08:27 AM »

They can get a replacement for SA and the other shows this far in advance for Tommy. I understand Japan as he plays a key role in rehearsals etc. but not these days.

Why should they get a replacement? Canceling the shows looks awful, but that's their prerogative. If they don't feel comfortable going out there with a temp player, for whatever reason, that (and the fall-out) is their problem.
I 100% agree, This band have always been notorious for cancelling more gigs than the average band,

Hey, they replaced brain, and tommy once before, bucket, adler at one point. What the fuck is so different now?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 06:10:19 AM by DISCOSTU » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #103 on: April 20, 2007, 06:09:18 AM »

I just hope we get an update on the website with some positive news, like an update on the mixing process or anything. This isn't good.

positive news would be great right about now.  lets hope.
badapple81
« Reply #104 on: April 20, 2007, 06:09:38 AM »

I guess as a fan that got excited about getting a ticket, got my tix.. saw ppl get plane tix already etc.. its the first time I've really felt the let down.
« Reply #105 on: April 20, 2007, 06:09:43 AM »

I just hope we get an update on the website with some positive news, like an update on the mixing process or anything. This isn't good.
Yeah, they need to spin this with a "the tour is being rescheduled but. . . [album update]" and follow it up in a month or two with "Tommy's hand is healed and the rescheduled dates are [whatever] and, added bonus, [album release date]." And then follow through. Best case scenario.
badapple81
« Reply #106 on: April 20, 2007, 06:11:26 AM »

The show tickets would have to be refunded, anything else is outside of their control. It's a nightmare to be in the fan's position but the band aren't in that position. And they'll likely say "we wouldn't want to let the fans down by taking their money and putting on a shitty show." It's an irreconcilable difference of opinion, I think.

Yeah and we know that's bollocks. They can get a replacement and put on the same show with this much notice.
Nightfall
The Evil Dutchess
VIP

« Reply #107 on: April 20, 2007, 06:11:43 AM »

I guess as a fan that got excited about getting a ticket, got my tix.. saw ppl get plane tix already etc.. its the first time I've really felt the let down.
I've felt it in all of those years i've mentioned (flying to the US/Portugal etc)...trust me..you'll get over it.

Nightfall On Tour 2012:
NY: Februari 10 & 12
France: June 5, 11, 14 & 19
« Reply #108 on: April 20, 2007, 06:12:00 AM »

Hey, they replaced brain, and tommy once before, bucket, adler at one point. What the fuck is so different now?

They didn't replace Tommy for a full show in front of paying fans, Bucket left the band, Brain had a baby, Adler was a clownshoe. And those are just the superficial differences.
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2007, 06:12:59 AM »

Yeah and we know that's bollocks. They can get a replacement and put on the same show with this much notice.

They don't seem to share your opinion.
Megaguns
« Reply #110 on: April 20, 2007, 06:14:31 AM »

They didn't replace Tommy for a full show in front of paying fans, Bucket left the band, Brain had a baby, Adler was a clownshoe. And those are just the superficial differences.
Im sorry Mr encyclopedia GNR, you know what i meant, no need to rip out the big big guns of knowledge.  Tongue
badapple81
« Reply #111 on: April 20, 2007, 06:14:47 AM »

It's a shame every musician I speak to, even those in shitty pub bands say you can replace a bass player with enough notice with a session player for a show. And yet GN'R with all their resources and access to fine musicians can't?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #112 on: April 20, 2007, 06:15:21 AM »

It's a shame every musician I speak to, even those in shitty pub bands say you can replace a bass player with enough notice with a session player for a show. And yet GN'R with all their resources and access to fine musicians can't?

always heard that myself...

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: April 20, 2007, 06:15:53 AM »

You know, there is a bone in the wrist, that if it breaks... it takes at least eight months to heal. Hopefully, Tommy did not break it.

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
badapple81
« Reply #114 on: April 20, 2007, 06:16:51 AM »

I wish Tommy all the best, but they can still do these shows.
« Reply #115 on: April 20, 2007, 06:17:44 AM »

Might their attention to detail be the reason that they're just shitty pub bands?  Tongue

Seriously, you can rail against it all you want but it doesn't change anything. We don't even have confirmation that this story is true, nevermind the reasoning behind the choices they've apparently made.
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #116 on: April 20, 2007, 06:17:49 AM »

Tommy isn't just "the bass player" who you can replace at a moments notice - he is also the musical director of the band, meaning he is the one who's basically in-charge of rehearsals and telling the band what to do (when Axl is not there). You cannot simply replace this key position.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
badapple81
« Reply #117 on: April 20, 2007, 06:18:27 AM »

http://entertainment.iafrica.com/news/791427.htm

Also here.
badapple81
« Reply #118 on: April 20, 2007, 06:19:56 AM »

I agree, for the Japanese dates. But the Australian dates in fucking June? They can replace him with all their resources.
Beefy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: April 20, 2007, 06:21:21 AM »

During the illusions tours how long did Izzy come back to fill in for Gilby when he hurt his wrist?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: