Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 06:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228143 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER To Release 'Libertad' July 3rd
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER To Release 'Libertad' July 3rd  (Read 14111 times)
marknroses
VIP

"Ain't It Fun"

« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2007, 06:31:20 PM »

Am I allowed to post again Jarmo?
 Huh
Truth be told, VR's music is definitly inspired, though the lyrics seem like a bit of a hangover from drugs (some, not all). I have said it before that Contraband has at least 6 songs that would have fit Axl like a glove (with some revised lyrics), and to me that's a mark of great musical success from a band that has had as muhc pressure shedding the past as the nu-GNR.

As VR gets more experimental with their music, I wonder about the validity of Axl's lack of confidence in his band mates in the mid-1990s in carrying out his musical mission. Except for not having a keyboard player and synthesizer (or whatever crazy gizmo Chris Pitman plays), VR seems to be maturing and aiming for higher musical ground.

GNR has yet to get off ground and if I'm not backing VR, I would hold my tongue until Axl has balls to put out the record.

MNW

"I guess I like who I am now. I'd like to have a little more internal peace...I'm sure everybody would" (Axl Rose R.S. 4/1992)
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2007, 06:34:32 PM »

why is it a surprise that duff and slash talk about their band being "dangerous"?
they never stepped out of the eighties.
and why was my post about madagascar being more complex than VR's music, which was infact a response to another post, deleted? sad no

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »

Quote from: Billboard.com
"RCA did a bunch of research on what the first single should be," bassist Duff McKagan told Billboard.com last night (April 16) before a gig in Buenos Aires. "I'm pretty anti that stuff. The band had something they wanted to go with, but RCA just kept coming with it. So we decided, it's fine.

Doing what RCA tells them? That sounds... dangerous!

j/k hihi

Damn!

I'm the only one who's supposed to react to the amusing dangerous image......  no

Must be a Finnish thing.......

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:34:51 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2007, 07:37:17 PM »

In VR's defence, I haven't heard any mention of them still being 'dangerous' since the hype at the start of Contraband, so why must you bring it up all the time Jarmo? Roll Eyes

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2007, 08:09:12 PM »

Umm-I give them credit for dropping the GNR/STP covers after this leg-I'd love to see any bands out there just play songs off of their last 2 albums-who have a catalog like these guys have

libertad
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2007, 08:42:28 PM »

In VR's defence, I haven't heard any mention of them still being 'dangerous' since the hype at the start of Contraband, so why must you bring it up all the time Jarmo? Roll Eyes

I thought they had dropped it, but they haven't.....

Duff was asked about it in an interview quite recently because the guy doing the interview had talked to Scott about it at some fashion show. It definitely was after Contraband's release.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2007, 12:57:17 PM »

I think Jarmo is possibly anti VR  peace

I think you're anti-GN'R.

/jarmo

You didn't anwser the question. So I guess you are anti VR  Smiley

I'm not anti Gn'R, I think Chinese Democracy will be interesting effort. I just just cannot for one moment consider the current line up as Guns N'Roses. I view the 2007 band as an Axl band, and not Guns N'Roses. For me Guns N'Roses doesn't exist anymore. What does exist is a band that covers GN'R songs quite well, and has created some interesting new music which has a whole new sound that is very different to the Gn'R I know. I have one thing to thank the new Gn'R for, and thats for bringing Buckethead to my attention, and to be honest, when I got to see 'the new band' back in 2001, Buckethead was the only element that I thought was anygood. While I will obtain a copy of Chinese Democracy, I doubt I'll make an effort to see the band live again  peace

On the VR front, by the sounds of things, they are getting better, and better. The next time VR are in town, I want to see them play live  Smiley

« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:46:43 PM by redx » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2007, 01:15:05 PM »

Keep guessing since you're totally clueless in this matter.  Smiley

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2007, 07:43:34 PM »

Sure I'm a bad administrator just because I was surprised to see Booker just agree with the release date.

I'm used to see him questioning a lot of things and now he didn't.

First, let me clarify that I meant July 3rd was appropriate because of the albums "liberty" theme.?

Second, what is there to question?? The album is finished, turned in and ready for release.? I dont know why you think I would make an issue out of it being released the first Tuesday of July instead of the last Tuesday of June.? So again, what is there to question?

I think youre misremembering some of my past posts.?

I guess I was expecting you to question why they would have to push it back until July instead of getting it out to their fans as soon as possible.

And also them touring without an album out....

/jarmo

It's ok as long as they release the album during the tour, and as long as they announce a new date as soon as possible, rather then let the old one pass by without as much as a whisper. In fact I don't really care about that either, but I can understand why some would feel disappointed if they had let the original date go by without a word.

madagas
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2007, 09:49:09 PM »

Well, I am anti VR. Honestly , I think they are lame. Weiland makes me ill. However, Jarmo, your petty jabs at Booker about the album release date are utterly comical. To even slightly compare this situation to Chinese Democracy is just ridiculous. Axl has been trying to make a Gnr record for 13 years-not 13 months, 13 years-longer than the Beatles were even a band. He has had top shelf musicians recording for him since 1994-whether it is Slash, Bucket, Ron-it doesn't matter. He still can't seem to finish a final product and release it. Don't give me one fucking excuse, it is a joke beyond comprehension. There is NOTHING rushed about VR songs, they just stink. 13 years or 13 days would not make them better or worse. Axl on the other hand , just does nothing. Both bands suck at this point. The Gnr thing is just lame. Cash grab tours to earn enough money to record 100's of more guitar parts (Bumble's words on the recording, not mine). Please. I hope they prove me wrong, but the candle of hope for Gnr has just about burned out for me. ok
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 07:50:53 AM by madagas » Logged
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2007, 10:08:24 PM »

And also them touring without an album out....

Ha, keep grasping at straws.

If we're 6 months into the tour and the album still hasn't arrived, and the band refuses to even talk about the album - then maybe the situations will be comparable.

Intercourse
Banned
Rocker

BED WETTER

« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2007, 01:34:09 PM »

I haven't written for a while but have been lurking.
It's depressing to watch the arrival of 'free speech punishments' like karma points and bizzare rules about only being able to talk about VR 'from a GnR fans point of view'.I guess there is a pice to pay when you are in the pocket of your idol's organization.

It's great to see guys like Booker writing in, sane and reasonable and as much of a spoke in the super fan wheel as ever.
I have noted a sad turn to Jarmo's submissions of late: they often more worthy of a sixteen year old valley girl rather than an obviously intelligent and passionate music fan.

pity

Intercourse.

Calcy
Rocker

He's baaaaaaaack!

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2007, 05:10:02 PM »

Think its gonna be July. Cd Wow seem to have tracklist and artwork all in order:

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=1907688

Let It Roll
She Mine
Get Out The Door
She Builds Quick Machines
The Last Fight
Pills, Demons & Etc
American Man
Mary Mary
Just Sixteen
Can't Get It Out Of My Head
For A Brother
Spay
Gravedancer

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2007, 05:31:35 PM »

Think its gonna be July. Cd Wow seem to have tracklist and artwork all in order:

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results.php?product_code=1907688

Let It Roll
She Mine
Get Out The Door
She Builds Quick Machines
The Last Fight
Pills, Demons & Etc
American Man
Mary Mary
Just Sixteen
Can't Get It Out Of My Head
For A Brother
Spay
Gravedancer

Good to see all the titles  Cheesy
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2007, 08:00:32 PM »

Hmmm.. I figured the song "Messages" would be on the CD considering it was in the Vlog.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2007, 11:04:50 PM »

could have just been a working title.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2007, 01:14:20 AM »

could have just been a working title.

Yeah, except that none of the remaining song titles look appropriate for it...

I'm curious about "For A Brother", should be a meaningful one!
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2007, 02:41:34 AM »

I'm curious about "For A Brother", should be a meaningful one!

Maybe written by Scott for his brother. (along with Pills, Demons etc.)

Fuck 'Em All.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: April 24, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »

messages not in the album?Huh  Shocked    I love how it sounds on the vlog
GeraldFord
« Reply #79 on: April 24, 2007, 09:17:20 AM »

I am thinking that "The Last Flight" is about Duff's trip with Cobain on his way home to Seattle.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: