Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 03, 2024, 07:29:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228147 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER To Release 'Libertad' July 3rd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER To Release 'Libertad' July 3rd  (Read 14141 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 05:25:25 PM »

Sounds like an appropriate date.

You're not disappointed/upset that it's not coming out in May or June?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »

/jarmo

No.  They are already going to release their second album in 3 or 4 yrs, they have kept fans up to date on whats happening, they have a single coming out in May and the record company has their album.  Why would be dissappointed?
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 05:30:31 PM »

disappointing, but i can wait until july

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 06:01:38 PM »

Not particularly.  Of course Id like to see it earlier, but Julys not bad.  Are you implying a GNR comparison?
No.  They are already going to release their second album in 3 or 4 yrs, they have kept fans up to date on whats happening, they have a single coming out in May and the record company has their album.  Why would be dissappointed?

This sums it up well.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:04:38 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 06:07:01 PM »

It's less than three months away - what's their to be upset about - a release date was announced! beer It is slightly disappointing particularly in the sense I won't have it before the Dublin gig, (although it will probably leak by then) but I'm certainly not gonna complain - the record company decides and they obviously have their reasons for releasing it then! It's a shame the record company were able to overrule them on both the single and release date decisions. Still, i would have taken a July release date at the start of the year

I'm curious about SBQM. I loved Contraband but I don't think this song comes close to Slither, Sucker Train Blues, Dirty Little Thing or Do It For The Kids, the great rockers from CB. It sounded average in Buenos Aires, and certainly not a song you'd expect the record company to choose as first single but we'll see what happens when we hear the single version.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:11:12 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »

/jarmo

"...It don't really matter..."
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2007, 06:16:50 PM »

Once again RCA is screwing with what singles should be released. This happened with Dirty/Little Thing and Sucker Train Blues. The band wanted STB but RCA thought it wasn't radio friendly so they went with a DLT. And look how well that worked out for the boys. Then the same thing happened with " You Got No Right" and "Come on Come In".

July 3rd is a long time away, frikin 2 1/2 months.

Oh well at least RCA finally decided on a date.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 06:20:26 PM »

July 3rd IS MY FUCKIN' BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin  What a great day is goin' to be july 3rd, I don't mind to became older, I want the day of my birthday to come soon
i WOULD LIKE the album to be released sooner but this is a great new!!!!!
Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 06:55:53 PM »

I wonder if the July 3rd date is for marketing purposes. Since July 4th is Independence Day and the album is called Libertad.
GeraldFord
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 07:04:33 PM »

I wonder if "Last Flight" is about when Duff sat next to Kurt Cobain in April of 1994.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 07:28:33 PM »

Not particularly.  Of course Id like to see it earlier, but Julys not bad. 

I thought you were anxious to hear it since you're such a huge fan and would feel a bit let down that they can't get it out sooner.

Are you implying a GNR comparison?

Nothing to do with any other band.

I wonder if the July 3rd date is for marketing purposes. Since July 4th is Independence Day and the album is called Libertad.

No way. This band is all about the music. I don't know how you can imply it's got to do with marketing.   no

Once again RCA is screwing with what singles should be released.

Instead of saying anything about the (dangerous) rock band doing what RCA tells them to, I'll just say... Maybe they don't have any singles on the album... It happens.

Sometimes when the whole album is filled with songs that don't stick out, it's hard to pick one to be the first single.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »

No way. This band is all about the music. I don't know how you can imply it's got to do with marketing.? ?no

As is the case with every band - the band looks after the music, record company looks after business and marketing. Some artists have more say in Business and Marketing than others.

Darkburst was talking about the symbolic nature of the date from an artistic point of view. In this case, it would also fit in with a good marketing plan, although I doubt this is the case. Maybe they're hoping the summer festival tour in Europe will increase interest among fans of other bands and get them interested in the potential release.
Once again RCA is screwing with what singles should be released.
Instead of saying anything about the (dangerous) rock band doing what RCA tells them to, I'll just say... Maybe they don't have any singles on the album... It happens.

Sometimes when the whole album is filled with songs that don't stick out, it's hard to pick one to be the first single.
/jarmo
That's a stupid comment to make for obvious reasons. Besides, the band obviously thought they had a good single choice, but the record company had a different idea of what would make a good first single. How does that imply difficulty in picking one to be the first single because of a lack of choice?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 07:59:43 PM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 07:39:59 PM »

No way. This band is all about the music. I don't know how you can imply it's got to do with marketing.? ?no

If you're on a major label there's a marketing department that makes decisions on selling your album. I don't think the band had much input on the exact release date. At least they can get out a new album in less than a decade.

Wink
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 07:58:49 PM »

No way. This band is all about the music. I don't know how you can imply it's got to do with marketing.   no

If you're on a major label there's a marketing department that makes decisions on selling your album. I don't think the band had much input on the exact release date. At least they can get out a new album in less than a decade.

Wink

Hooray!

Wink

That's a stupid comment to make for obvious reasons. Besides, the band obviously thought they had a good single choice, but the record company had a different idea of what would make a good first single. How does that imply difficulty in picking one to be the first single because of a lack of choice?

If your album is filled with future rock classics, which one do you choose to be the first single?

It's difficult decision.

/jarmo

estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:57 PM »

Wink

Hooray!

Wink

If your album is filled with future rock classics, which one do you choose to be the first single?

It's difficult decision.

/jarmo

It certainly is. ok Now i'm confused. hihi

By the way, I agree with your comment about VR being dangerous.  It's annoying hearing Duff and Slash talk in every interview about how "Dangerous" they are. Sounds childish and cheesy. The most dangerous band in the world don't have to tell everyone how dangerous they are. Duff said that about GnR when he was young as a joke, now they're believing it. I know what they mean by dangerous, but I think they should let it go and stop saying it in every interview.

Guitar1281
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 09:12:25 PM »

Jarmo most of the time i agree with some of your points (Scott comparing it to Exile, the Dangerous stuff), and most of the time I hate when people bring up GNR and you and them fight over it page after page, but it looks like now your being the instigator and if a full on GNR vs VR race war erupts in this thread, this time, in my opinion, its your own fault

Listen to my tribute to Axl - Parasite

https://soundcloud.com/withliberty/parasite
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 09:24:28 PM »

Well then you're reading too much into things.

I've seen fans get upset over less things than a postponed release.....

I was expecting to see Booker to question why they'd push back the release since the album is ready for release.

/jarmo

Darkburst
Rocker

It's So Easy!

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 09:30:32 PM »

The funny thing is 'Exile' had no major hits like previous Stones albums. Though commercial successful it wasn't critically acclaimed until recent years. Personally I love all Stones albums with Mick Taylor on lead guitar. In fact I recommend 'Let It Bleed', 'Stickyfingers' and 'Exile On Main Street' to anybody here who doesn't own them!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 10:06:22 PM »

I thought you were anxious to hear it since you're such a huge fan and would feel a bit let down that they can't get it out sooner.

You thought wrong, I guess.

Now if theyre still promising it years from now, I might have a different response.

Ill just have to take your word for it.

Sometimes when the whole album is filled with songs that don't stick out, it's hard to pick one to be the first single

And sometimes it has songs that top rock radio charts for 9-plus weeks and sells over 2.5 million records.  Youll  criticize either way, however.

I was expecting to see Booker to question why they'd push back the release since the album is ready for release.

Im not sure why this is.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »

The funny thing is 'Exile' had no major hits like previous Stones albums. Though commercial successful it wasn't critically acclaimed until recent years. Personally I love all Stones albums with Mick Taylor on lead guitar. In fact I recommend 'Let It Bleed', 'Stickyfingers' and 'Exile On Main Street' to anybody here who doesn't own them!

Mick Taylor is a badass player and a big influece to Slash. ?Goats Head Soup was a good album with Mick on Lead as well. ?I love Bitch off of Sticky Fingers. ?That actually has a Keith Solo in the begining of that song. ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: