Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:27:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns 'n' Roses Tour For Australia Still Going Ahead
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns 'n' Roses Tour For Australia Still Going Ahead  (Read 12151 times)
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »

Reported at Mygnr...

Ticketek has taken guns off the website, no info about guns on ticketek.com.?

Supposedly, some presales were supposed to start tomorrow.

Since I don't live in Australia, I have no right to be disappointed by this.? ?If it's true.? Who knows.? WAIT -- I'LL GO CHECK GNR'S OFFICIAL SITE...

Oh yeah...

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2007, 12:48:11 PM »

Reported at Mygnr...

Ticketek has taken guns off the website, no info about guns on ticketek.com. 

Supposedly, some presales were supposed to start tomorrow.

Since I don't live in Australia, I have no right to be disappointed by this.   If it's true.  Who knows.  WAIT -- I'LL GO CHECK GNR'S OFFICIAL SITE...

Oh yeah...

It was off but now is back on...apparently they were preparing for the pre-sale.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 12:50:59 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Zon
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2007, 12:51:59 PM »

Yeah, it's still there:

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=GUNSNROS07&searchId=fe4ff53e-482f-4d0f-8df2-488fb7ea7c2f

But for how long.  Huh
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #43 on: April 22, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »

Then there's still hope!

Wouldn't it be cool if Tommy got a wrist transplant in time for those shows?  Otherwise, I fear there's nothing we can do.

Lord knows, Guns N' Roses couldn't even entertain the notion of replacing a member.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Vitor_Icewall
Headliner

Chinese Democracy!!

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »

ohhhh yeahhhh!!!

Thanks for the news!!

Chinese Democracy is coming baby!!

Cya!

Chinese Democracy

Cause it would take a lot more hate than you
To end the fascination
Even with your iron fist
More than you got to rule the nation
When I all I've got is precious time
ben9785
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2007, 06:16:17 PM »

Ok I've been freaking out all weekend about this

But the presale is still there
The only difference is they changed the presale kickoff from 9AM to noon, but whatever
It seems to be alright.. for now

EDIT: I just would have thought, after everything i read here on saturday.. some sort of statement would have come out
I've got people I know who have been following up the ticket sale having heard that the gig is cancelled and even though I try to explain what I know from here they're still reluctant to buy tickets..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:19:48 PM by ben114 » Logged
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2007, 06:29:02 PM »

Even if they do one show this year that is promising news that the band are still together rocking out! ok
ben9785
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2007, 06:33:51 PM »

Even if they do one show this year that is promising news that the band are still together rocking out! ok
Yeah, for sure. Well the Australian tour seems to be going ahead for now..
But that could still change..

Sure the australian tour is still "months away"
But all Tickets go on sale this week.. and if any problems come up in the meantime, I don't know how easily they will get off with a postponement closer to the dates..

Particularly with Tommy's hand injury, I just hope the band and crew involved are sure to go ahead and keep the tour on. As anxious as I am to see the band, if there is any threat to the commitment, I hope they bring this to attention much sooner than later.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 06:36:43 PM by ben114 » Logged
RoadieX
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2007, 09:24:01 PM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa. We had a feeling this might happen after hearing about Tommy's hand (nasty!), and I came here to this site to see if I can find out any articles about it. As far as I know, we are still planning to go to Mexico June 1 and continue through Japan.  I can't believe how much you all bash this band! I wanted to post this in the South America thread, where I read some unbelievably crazy things, but don't see a Reply button for it. After working with them last year (even though it is stressful at times) you learn that this band more than others tries to put on a great show every night. Cancelling these shows will cost them close to a million dollars in lost money, from Hotel rooms and flights that were purchased to their gear being shipped (which it already had been).   the band spent 3 weeks in rehearsals prior to Tommy's injury, and were completely ready to head to Japan.  One back line had already shipped to S. Africa and the 2nd back line had shipped to Japan before we found out.  I respect the fact that Axl didn't want to replace Tommy with a fill-in.  I understand that to a lot of you, it doesn't seem like a "band", and is merely Axl and a bunch of hired hands.  However, that is not how it feels inside the camp.  After practically living with this band last year, and getting to see how it really works, I just thought I should let you all know that this is not the bands fault, and you should consider the amount of money they are losing in all of this. This is definitely a band, and is without a doubt the best i've been fortunate enough to work with.  I believe that over the next year this will be  proven to the world.

- Roadie X
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2007, 09:34:08 PM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa. We had a feeling this might happen after hearing about Tommy's hand (nasty!), and I came here to this site to see if I can find out any articles about it. As far as I know, we are still planning to go to Mexico June 1 and continue through Japan.? I can't believe how much you all bash this band! I wanted to post this in the South America thread, where I read some unbelievably crazy things, but don't see a Reply button for it. After working with them last year (even though it is stressful at times) you learn that this band more than others tries to put on a great show every night. Cancelling these shows will cost them close to a million dollars in lost money, from Hotel rooms and flights that were purchased to their gear being shipped (which it already had been).? ?the band spent 3 weeks in rehearsals prior to Tommy's injury, and were completely ready to head to Japan.? One back line had already shipped to S. Africa and the 2nd back line had shipped to Japan before we found out.? I respect the fact that Axl didn't want to replace Tommy with a fill-in.? I understand that to a lot of you, it doesn't seem like a "band", and is merely Axl and a bunch of hired hands.? However, that is not how it feels inside the camp.? After practically living with this band last year, and getting to see how it really works, I just thought I should let you all know that this is not the bands fault, and you should consider the amount of money they are losing in all of this. This is definitely a band, and is without a doubt the best i've been fortunate enough to work with.? I believe that over the next year this will be? proven to the world.

- Roadie X

So the Australian dates are still cool?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
ben9785
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2007, 09:43:55 PM »

Hey RoadieX that was a great post man, thanks alot for the insight, welcome to the board as well hehe.
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2007, 09:54:42 PM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa.

Yes, yes, yes, but what we really want to know is how you feel about Die Mannequin.

It'll be interesting to see how the pre-sale goes tomorrow. Hopefully the conflicting reports and such lately won't affect ticket sales/shows going ahead as planned.
tomc102968
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2007, 10:03:49 PM »

thanks roadie x good post  love love love love beer
Voxy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa. We had a feeling this might happen after hearing about Tommy's hand (nasty!), and I came here to this site to see if I can find out any articles about it. As far as I know, we are still planning to go to Mexico June 1 and continue through Japan.? I can't believe how much you all bash this band! I wanted to post this in the South America thread, where I read some unbelievably crazy things, but don't see a Reply button for it. After working with them last year (even though it is stressful at times) you learn that this band more than others tries to put on a great show every night. Cancelling these shows will cost them close to a million dollars in lost money, from Hotel rooms and flights that were purchased to their gear being shipped (which it already had been).? ?the band spent 3 weeks in rehearsals prior to Tommy's injury, and were completely ready to head to Japan.? One back line had already shipped to S. Africa and the 2nd back line had shipped to Japan before we found out.? I respect the fact that Axl didn't want to replace Tommy with a fill-in.? I understand that to a lot of you, it doesn't seem like a "band", and is merely Axl and a bunch of hired hands.? However, that is not how it feels inside the camp.? After practically living with this band last year, and getting to see how it really works, I just thought I should let you all know that this is not the bands fault, and you should consider the amount of money they are losing in all of this. This is definitely a band, and is without a doubt the best i've been fortunate enough to work with.? I believe that over the next year this will be? proven to the world.

- Roadie X

Must be hard for people who know and work with the band to see such verbal bashings on forums like this.  sad really
ben9785
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2007, 10:21:57 PM »

Pre-sales on Ticketek seem to be going good so far.. Gold standing allocation has gone.. but that was limited allocation
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2007, 10:53:57 PM »

Cheers for the insight, RoadieX...much appreciated.
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:07 PM »

Thanks for the info Roadie X, I hope you can continue to frequent the board and give us some behind the scenes type of information, that most of us would die to know. I bet you have some very cool stories about traveling with the band last year. Yes you will see a ton of bashing about the band on various sites, but you get used to it and look over the typical bullshit bashers. You will also find a group of the most loyal fans any band can ask for. I guess the saying is true for every good person there are 2 assholes. By the way where do you find a job for being a roadie for GnR. If there is ever job openings I know several of us would be beating down the door to apply.  ok

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2007, 12:32:42 AM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa. We had a feeling this might happen after hearing about Tommy's hand (nasty!), and I came here to this site to see if I can find out any articles about it. As far as I know, we are still planning to go to Mexico June 1 and continue through Japan.  I can't believe how much you all bash this band! I wanted to post this in the South America thread, where I read some unbelievably crazy things, but don't see a Reply button for it. After working with them last year (even though it is stressful at times) you learn that this band more than others tries to put on a great show every night. Cancelling these shows will cost them close to a million dollars in lost money, from Hotel rooms and flights that were purchased to their gear being shipped (which it already had been).   the band spent 3 weeks in rehearsals prior to Tommy's injury, and were completely ready to head to Japan.  One back line had already shipped to S. Africa and the 2nd back line had shipped to Japan before we found out.  I respect the fact that Axl didn't want to replace Tommy with a fill-in.  I understand that to a lot of you, it doesn't seem like a "band", and is merely Axl and a bunch of hired hands.  However, that is not how it feels inside the camp.  After practically living with this band last year, and getting to see how it really works, I just thought I should let you all know that this is not the bands fault, and you should consider the amount of money they are losing in all of this. This is definitely a band, and is without a doubt the best i've been fortunate enough to work with.  I believe that over the next year this will be  proven to the world.

- Roadie X

Fuck yeah man thanks for posting!

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2007, 02:40:33 AM »

Hey, just wanted to chime in. I'm a roadie who worked on last years US Tour, and just got word this weekend that I won't be flying to South Africa. We had a feeling this might happen after hearing about Tommy's hand (nasty!), and I came here to this site to see if I can find out any articles about it. As far as I know, we are still planning to go to Mexico June 1 and continue through Japan. I can't believe how much you all bash this band! I wanted to post this in the South America thread, where I read some unbelievably crazy things, but don't see a Reply button for it. After working with them last year (even though it is stressful at times) you learn that this band more than others tries to put on a great show every night. Cancelling these shows will cost them close to a million dollars in lost money, from Hotel rooms and flights that were purchased to their gear being shipped (which it already had been). the band spent 3 weeks in rehearsals prior to Tommy's injury, and were completely ready to head to Japan. One back line had already shipped to S. Africa and the 2nd back line had shipped to Japan before we found out. I respect the fact that Axl didn't want to replace Tommy with a fill-in. I understand that to a lot of you, it doesn't seem like a "band", and is merely Axl and a bunch of hired hands. However, that is not how it feels inside the camp. After practically living with this band last year, and getting to see how it really works, I just thought I should let you all know that this is not the bands fault, and you should consider the amount of money they are losing in all of this. This is definitely a band, and is without a doubt the best i've been fortunate enough to work with. I believe that over the next year this will be proven to the world.

- Roadie X

Pretty cool post assuming this is real...Although I don't really feel bad that the band is losing money.  If that was a big problem then they could've gotten a replacement for a couple of dates.  Based upon my "knowledge" of Tommy, I doubt he would've been totally opposed to this. 
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2007, 03:39:51 AM »

I think australian dates will be postponed

but it's only my opinion

I have never seen so many tree
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: