Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:15:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns 'n' Roses Tour For Australia Still Going Ahead
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns 'n' Roses Tour For Australia Still Going Ahead  (Read 12142 times)
Africa
Banned
Rocker

No Woman, No Cry

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 03:26:11 AM »

All you people attacking Axl and Tommy last night, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

gone. IMHO just like everything else he recorded for the band.

buckethead stops now!

rofl
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 03:29:23 AM »

All you people attacking Axl and Tommy last night, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

yeah I'll cry my self to sleep....

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 03:47:41 AM »

hahaha, yea, you meant that.  hihi
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 04:01:16 AM »

hahaha, yea, you meant that.  hihi

I doo mean it .. crying crying crying crying

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 05:15:43 AM »

Guns 'n' Roses Tour For Australia Still Going Ahead

by Paul Cashmere - April 21 2007

New reports overnight that the Australian leg of the Guns 'n' Roses has been indefinitely postponed are incorrect according to promoter Paul Dainty.

"I spoke with them last night and they did not tell me that," Dainty told Undercover.

The South African shows were to take place in Johannesburg and Cape Town on April 27 and May 1st. "The South Africa dates are next week," Dainty said. "The Australian dates are still months away".

As much as I do hope that they tour Australia as scheduled I am not really convinced by that. Sentences like "they did not tell me that" or "the australian dates are still months away" sound not too confident. That sounds like a promoter who really hopes that GnR don`t change their mind but is not really convinced.

Why the fuck is GnR not able to put out a press release and clearify everything, so aussie fans can buy tickets, the promoter can sell tickets without balding!? This is horrible marketing, it is unsettling the fans....and extra lame crises management. Whoever is in charge should be fired immediately; oh I forgot they do not have a manager who could take the rap for em hihi
badapple81
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 05:16:30 AM »

Agreed that 'they did not tell me that' is not the sign of a man that is sure nor confident.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 05:28:00 AM »

I think the problem right now is that they don't know how long it will take for Tommy to completely recover and be able to play live again. Doctors must have told them it won't be in the next two weeks so they apparently cancelled the S.A dates. They're probably not sure about the Australian dates, so I'd guess they're telling the promoter something like: "For now the shows are still scheduled."
In fact I think doctors will tell whether Tommy will be able to play for the Australian dates or not. I hope he'll recover in time of course, but no one knows for sure.

As for why he can't be replaced for a few dates, there must be a reason for it but we don't know the whole story...

Thorne
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 06:18:36 AM »

Hah.....I knew it!

I'm just glad there wont be any "GNR HAVE ENDED THEIR CAREER BY DOING THIS AND HAVE LOST ME AS A FAN"...

........well atleast for a couple of days Roll Eyes

If you hate Thornes then don't pick this Rose.....
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 07:18:54 AM »

"I spoke with them last night and they did not tell me that,"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one to catch that. I'm still waiting for official word before I get all excited that the tour is back on. (or... never was off.... or something.... lol)

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 08:20:05 AM »

"I spoke with them last night and they did not tell me that,"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!

I thought I was the only one to catch that. I'm still waiting for official word before I get all excited that the tour is back on. (or... never was off.... or something.... lol)

The same here..
..don't put all your eggs in one basket and all that (count chickens etc  hihi)
I'll only believe it once they take to the stage and there's bootlegs to confirm it  Grin

I don't really care what shows they cancel, just as long as they show up to one show soon'ish.
I'm curious, as I am sure others are curious to see IF the band has any new songs to perform, as you'd think since CD is complete, they should have a whole bunch of AAA tracks to play for the fans.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 10:28:50 AM by redx » Logged
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2007, 01:59:39 PM »

Agree. Some people make it look as if Tommy had injured himself on purpose...and then they dare say the band are selfish Roll Eyes. The guy could suffer a heart attack and they would still be more worried about the release date of CD than in Tommy?s health. All this speaks volumes of those so called "fans".

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
dariano
Headliner

Double talkin' jive, Get the money motherfucker!

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2007, 02:10:05 PM »

That's a great point and the rest of us who have been on CD.com and htgth and other GnR sites for years now...telling our friends about the new stuff, burning them demo cd's, getting them back interested in Guns, going to see them in Vegas and walking out blown away...now when I see my friends they ask about any new news on CD, then they laugh and ask if CD will ever be released.? I don't really care as I am still trying to stay positive about everything, my patience has reached it's end but I am still excited to hear the new music if it ever comes out...I won't be going to anymore shows that's for sure...not until Axl shows me he is serious about his fans and right now he has been treating us like Crusty Old Meatloaf!

Double Talkin Jive, release the album Motherfucker, cause I got no more patience!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 02:12:12 PM by dariano » Logged
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2007, 02:21:54 PM »

I think this is great news... The promoter would be the first to know if the shows were not happening (after axl of course)...

Look with this bands reputation, people say tours are canceled, and everyone will believe it...

The shows will go on my friends  ok
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2007, 02:24:50 PM »

Here is the official press release from "Big Concerts" - the South African tour promoter.

INJURY FORCES GUNS N' ROSES TO POSTPONE WORLD TOUR

Guns N' Roses have announced that they have postponed the start of their world tour due to an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson. Stinson recently sprained his left wrist in a fall and the injury has not yet healed. As a result, Guns N' Roses will not make their two scheduled performances at MY COKE FEST in South Africa at the end of the month. All other scheduled GN'R concerts (Australia, New Zealand and Japan) have also been postponed indefinitely.
[/b]

(There's more to it.  This is just the first paragraph.)

Also, according to Guns N' Roses own official website, the band still thinks they'll be "honoring" the South African concerts they scheduled.

I don't think anybody really knows what's going on in GNR right now. 

I sincerely hope they are able to play some of the concerts they've scheduled.  It sucks for the band -- Robin, Tommy, Pitman, Fortus, Frank, BBF and Dizzy.  They've struggled admirably to keep this band credible.  If we lost the Australian dates too, I think it would be pretty demoralizing for the fans who've stood by Axl for so long.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 03:13:13 PM by MotherGooseLuvR » Logged

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
Mark7955
Rocker

Democracy is Here...

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2007, 02:38:19 PM »

Really good to hear for the Australian GNR fans!

"The fire is burnin' and it's outta control, it's not a problem you can stop, it's ROCK N' ROLL!"
"With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothin' done"

11/20/06 - Halifax, NS
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2007, 03:20:13 PM »

Im no doctor but I think Tommy's wrist will be fine by June 10.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2007, 03:36:39 PM »

Some people should shut the fuck up and start to run away. Guns N' Roses will kill them smoking

Fincklosophy
ibelieveinaxl
It's a bad obsession...
Banned
VIP

Ain't goin' down.....

« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2007, 11:24:27 AM »

PUT THE CANCELLATIONS ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!! DONT HIDE THE REAL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where does it come from? All this hatred.

1988-Today: 71 shows and counting....
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2007, 11:27:33 AM »

PUT THE CANCELLATIONS ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!! DONT HIDE THE REAL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1

News is news, theres no getting away from it.
HTDGTH should post all Gn'R news both positive and negative, and not be selective.
Voxy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 11:36:14 AM »

It will be interesting to see what kind of seat tickets are still available on ticketek tomorrow....hope the site doesnt flood
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: