Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 09:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  St. Louis 1991 : Axl, "We have tape of some guy on stage with a knife..."
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: St. Louis 1991 : Axl, "We have tape of some guy on stage with a knife..."  (Read 4730 times)
Edward Rose
« on: April 21, 2007, 03:06:23 AM »

Speaking to Kurt Loder from his limo after posting bail in New York City, Axl remarked to Kurt about the lack of security at the St. Louis 1991 Riot Show, saying that they had video tape of "some guy on stage with a knife."

Does anyone know the details of this? Was this before the camera incident?... a fan jumping on stage with a knife?

Source:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xbQqcHTIMU
SLCPUNK
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 03:10:19 AM »

No doubt a poster here......
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 03:10:48 AM »

Interesting. I think it was after the camera incident, but im not sure.

The other day at the Quilmes Rock Festival one dude jumped onstage and almost tackled Steven Tyler, but the security was INCREDIBLY fast and intercepted him (I say ''incredibly'' because argentine security people could be in the Guiness Book of records as the most incompetent in the world)

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
gokken
Rocker

www.gnrsweden.com

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 07:01:02 AM »

Some people say it was a camera, Axl says it was a knife...I think. So it was the same incident, different versions.

Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 07:09:20 AM »

Some people say it was a camera, Axl says it was a knife...I think. So it was the same incident, different versions.

Axl didn't say it was the knife he jumped after.

It'd make sense if the camera was like the last drop especially after spotting a knife elsewhere.
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 08:04:05 AM »

Axl is legend

I have never seen so many tree
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 08:39:39 AM »

the tape they had of this guy must have been after they left stage and all hell broke loose
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 02:46:31 PM »

nobody would've been onstage with anything if axl wouldn't have been axl

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 06:23:08 PM »

In light of some of the ridiculous things that were said in those days (and since) it would not suprise me if Axl was talking out of his arse.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:20:46 AM »

lf someone was onstage with a knife it would have been at the part when the fans wrecked the stage and equipment

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Edward Rose
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 03:38:42 PM »

lf someone was onstage with a knife it would have been at the part when the fans wrecked the stage and equipment

I can tell that some of you didn't listen to or pay attention to what Axl said in his limo in the Youtube clip. He was telling Kurt what led up to the final straw. It can only be assumed that "some guy on stage with a knife" happened BEFORE the camera-last-straw or it would be pointless to mention to Kurt as a reason for leaving stage due to the lame ass security if the knife thing happened AFTER he walked off.

I was just wondering if anyone knows more details about this... apparently not.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 12:14:38 AM »

I don't think it was during the show.  Someone would have noticed someone on stage that didn't belong there.  And you know if Axl saw it the show would have ended right there!

As far as the guy with the camera is concerned, they never did get it from him - he was on the cover of the St. Louis Post Dispatch a couple days later holding up pictures from right before Axl jumped off stage.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:15:33 AM »

I don't think it was during the show.  Someone would have noticed someone on stage that didn't belong there.  And you know if Axl saw it the show would have ended right there!

As far as the guy with the camera is concerned, they never did get it from him - he was on the cover of the St. Louis Post Dispatch a couple days later holding up pictures from right before Axl jumped off stage.

That would be pretty cool to see.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 02:44:35 AM »

.....As far as the guy with the camera is concerned, they never did get it from him - he was on the cover of the St. Louis Post Dispatch a couple days later holding up pictures from right before Axl jumped off stage.

you could organize good quality scans from this please?

Re-Union time, baby!!
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 10:22:14 AM »

.....As far as the guy with the camera is concerned, they never did get it from him - he was on the cover of the St. Louis Post Dispatch a couple days later holding up pictures from right before Axl jumped off stage.

I will try to get a hold of it.  I'll order it from the Post Dispatch archive if I have to, as I've moved several times in the 16 years since that happened and no longer know where that paper is.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 02:26:41 PM »

^^ thanks a lot in advance.? ok
i cant remember that pic, would like to see it!

Re-Union time, baby!!
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 03:41:39 PM »

I will try to get a hold of it.? I'll order it from the Post Dispatch archive if I have to, as I've moved several times in the 16 years since that happened and no longer know where that paper is.

Very cool, if it costs anything i'd be willing to help out!
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »

Article 104 of 129 
Riverport Riot
Rock Singer Blames Security Staff For Melee
   () 1991, Los Angeles Times
St. Louis Post-Dispatch July 5, 1991

Section:  Edition: 5*
Page 11A Word count: 671

ID#: 4910036522
HOLLYWOOD - Guns N' Roses' lead singer Axl Rose blamed Thursday ''an inexperienced'' security staff for the melee at a St. Louis-area concert this week that caused an estimated $200,000 in damages and injured at least 75 people. In a phone interview Thursday from Chicago, Rose said that he left the stage after 90 minutes Tuesday night at the Riverport Amphitheater because he felt security officers there were doing a

Download the full text of this story ($2.95).

from the St Louis post dispatch...
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 05:30:55 PM »

Article 104 of 129?
Riverport Riot
? ?() 1991, Los Angeles Times

Section:? Edition: 5*

HOLLYWOOD - Guns N' Roses' lead singer Axl Rose blamed Thursday ''an inexperienced'' security staff for the melee at a St. Louis-area concert this week that caused an estimated $200,000 in damages and injured at least 75 people. In a phone interview Thursday from Chicago, Rose said that he left the stage after 90 minutes Tuesday night at the Riverport Amphitheater because he felt security officers there were doing a

I saw this too.  The only problem is the archive FAQ says that photographs are not included  Angry.  I'm going to call them and see what can be done. 

Don't libraries keep microfiche of archived newspapers as well?
axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 05:42:12 PM »

Article 104 of 129?
Riverport Riot
? ?() 1991, Los Angeles Times

Section:? Edition: 5*

I saw this too.? The only problem is the archive FAQ says that photographs are not included? Angry.? I'm going to call them and see what can be done.?

Don't libraries keep microfiche of archived newspapers as well?
Very much so, need to figure out WHICH day had that pic/pics though, but its safe to say it would be within a week or two of july 2nd 1991
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: