Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:48:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot says there are no problems in GNR:
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot says there are no problems in GNR:  (Read 6329 times)
Ron Jones
Headliner

Mr. Blue Sky

« on: April 21, 2007, 12:51:47 AM »

I know it's getting extremely frustrating for us fans but the worst case scenario that a lot of us believed is NOT true. Here is an e-mail that BBF sent me tonight.? We should all be very grateful that we have him, especially in times like this.

(He copied and pasted my main question, I didn't just say that. I started with,"I realize you're not the spokesperson for GNR".)

In a message dated 4/20/2007 10:16:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, ron_jones88@comcast.net writes:
Almost everybody thinks the band has broken up. Can you atleast answer yes or no to that?
No break-ups, no problems between members or anything like that.

Add me:

http://www.myspace.com/ronjones7

Fleet Center Boston, MA 12/2/02
Hammerstein Ballroom New York, NY 5/15/06
DCU Center Worcester, MA 11/8/06
ben9785
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:54:18 AM »

i was going to contact him myself but thought i'd lay off.. that was cool he replied though..
i wonder if he knew what was going on with the tour though..
anyway no matter. thanks.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 10:29:24 AM »

Maybe this will calm down some people around here. I think the 06 tour showed this band is solid. Unfortunately, nothing ever goes really smoothly with GNR, it has always been like that. It makes things more interesting.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 10:31:55 AM »

Maybe this will calm down some people around here. I think the 06 tour showed this band is solid. Unfortunately, nothing ever goes really smoothly with GNR, it has always been like that. It makes things more interesting.
Yeah you really can't blame people for freaking out though.  Hopefully everything is well and the tour will go on as planned in June.  We'll just have to wait and see.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 10:57:59 AM »

I love Bumblefoot. He's such a great guy.

1. We want Tommy back and in good health and spirts.
2. We just want reassurance everything is okay, and there really isn't more to this than what is said about Tommy's ability to perform.
3. We all understand Tommy's role and his vital role in this band.
4. We want to see the band have success and be on top once again.

That's all most of us really want.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »

2. We just want reassurance everything is okay, and there really isn't more to this than what is said about Tommy's ability to perform.

ha! - speak for yourself. I want a whole lot more.
A Ferrari F50 for starters  hihi
overmatik
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »

I just want the album!
Gunner_Rose
Headliner

Mr Mojo Risin

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 11:15:24 AM »

Cool, I want to see them as soon as posible! Grin

Fincklosophy
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 11:28:39 AM »

ha! - speak for yourself. I want a whole lot more.
A Ferrari F50 for starters? hihi

i was trying to be positive and politically correct... aroung here if you're not your automatically considered a traitor!!!!  Roll Eyes

I'll take a Bugatti Veyron... ummm.... silver please.   Grin

p.s. a copy of CD in the glove box would just set it off tho...  beer
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 11:42:46 AM »

Bumblefoot says there are no problems in GNR

..and if there were problems in Gn'R do you think for one minute he'd tell you  hihi

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45:19 AM »

i wouldnt say interesting...more like frustrating

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
wadey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 01:00:49 PM »

..and if there were problems in Gn'R do you think for one minute he'd tell you? hihi

Bumblefoot says what he is told he can say, just like everyone else on planet GN'R

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 01:02:24 PM »

..and if there were problems in Gn'R do you think for one minute he'd tell you  hihi

Bumblefoot says what he is told he can say, just like everyone else on planet GN'R

BF can say what he likes about Gn'R providing he doesn't say a thing  Grin
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:09:21 PM »

You know what?  I'm sure Ron is a nice guy.  That's all well and good. 

It doesn't explain anything.  No "problems between members" doesn't explain inactivity. 
Why do you think he is doing so many interviews and self-promotion?  Because he knows he has a small window of opportunity to promote his career.  I don't blame the guy.  But that doesn't mean he knows anything that is going on with Axl.  He's an employee.
MotherGooseLuvR
More synthesizer (and Pitman) please
Banned
VIP

PitMANIAC #1

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 01:13:18 PM »

Do you really think Ron would go over Axl's head and break big news about the band in a random email to a random fan?

Things might very well be fine in the band.  But BBF's email doesn't really prove anything to me.

? Mother Goose sez: GET YO SYNTH ON, BITCHES!? 
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2007, 03:20:10 PM »

Why do you think he is doing so many interviews and self-promotion?  Because he knows he has a small window of opportunity to promote his career. 

Right, because Ron Thal never ever gave an interview before joining GNR. You think he gives interviews to random podcasts and two-bit metal shows because he really thinks it's going to put "Bumblefoot" in the public eye? Copies of "Normal" are going to start flying off the shelves?

Can we get this straight just once; The money these guys make just from touring with GNR is probably exponentially more than they've ever made from their solo albums or affiliations with other bands. The career benefit of being in GNR is being in GNR. That's it. Not even Slash managed to parlay that into anything more than a mediocre "solo" career (Look at the success of VR relative to "Slash's Snakepit" or Bluesball). I don't know why you'd believe that the band are laboring under the delusion that any success they may have with GNR will carry over into other projects. Especially when, for example, Ron is spending more time talking about his contributions to Q*Ball than GNR.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2007, 03:39:34 PM »

It's all about exposure, do you think Bumblefoot was asked to do so many radio interviews and such before he was in GnR?

No, it doesn't mean he's going to be a breakout star after this, but it might give him some very good connections, some chances to put his own music out there to bigger distributions.  Why is that so hard to understand?  Being a musician is rough, these guys are older, some with families, you have to take your opportunity where you can get it.  That's why they are in GNR, not because they love Axl. 
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »

It's all about exposure, do you think Bumblefoot was asked to do so many radio interviews and such before he was in GnR?

No, it doesn't mean he's going to be a breakout star after this, but it might give him some very good connections, some chances to put his own music out there to bigger distributions.  Why is that so hard to understand?  Being a musician is rough, these guys are older, some with families, you have to take your opportunity where you can get it.  That's why they are in GNR, not because they love Axl. 

Make your mind up, is he doing more interviews by choice for exposure or because more people are asking him to do interviews? Don't you think he did interviews for exposure prior to joining GNR? What, you're paying more attention to what the man does now and so you feel comfortable in criticizing him for being as accessible now as he has apparently always been?

I agree with most of your second paragraph but your point seems to be muddled. Are you saying that they're in GNR because being a musician is rough and therefore they have to grab such an opportunity when it comes along or are you saying that they have  to grab the opportunity to join GNR so that they can promote their efforts outside of the band? Because you seem to be saying both and if the initial statement is true then the latter is a moot point, isn't it? Being in GNR is a chance to ply their trade and make a (fairly) regular paycheck, yes? And it's an opportunity to be more successful (ie; make more money) than any of their other projects, yes? Then why would they also being falling over themselves to promote other projects (which you're insinuating in Ron's case specifically) during their tenure in GNR if during their tenure in GNR they're making more money from that one source than all of their other projects? Especially as the visibility gained by being in GNR fades so quickly once a member leaves.
overmatik
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2007, 04:26:33 PM »

I didn't like when Ron joined GNR, because for me 2 guitar players was enough. But this guy proved with his simplicity and kindness that he is a true GNR member, and I can't think about this new band without him now! Smiley And of course, he's been showing us a lot of respect, by communicating with people of GNR forums.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 05:09:44 PM »

Why is that so hard to understand?  Being a musician is rough, these guys are older, some with families, you have to take your opportunity where you can get it.  That's why they are in GNR, not because they love Axl. 

What's if they love the band?
From the sound of your post, it must be one of the steadiest and safest bands.
I do find it so hard to understand why so many people can read other's mind, especially when they don't know them in person......
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: