Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 27, 2024, 08:10:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228518 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 114215 times)
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #560 on: April 02, 2007, 01:31:20 PM »

This was a recording from before the 2002 tour.....maybe even way before that. They used the end of that song as a clip to promote the boston show in 2002.

are you sure or just speculating?

Ssssspeculating.

If anyone has the promo like most of us do, just listen to it........I ain't speculating......I'll bet $ on it. RIGHT NOW!

These songs consist of different parts recorded over the years. Just because one part is from 02 doesn't mean the whole recording is.

I agree....that is the only part I was NOT speculating on......anyway, who gives a hot fuck.......It's gonna be an incredible experience to listen to the final version of this amazing song.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #561 on: April 02, 2007, 01:39:06 PM »

This was a recording from before the 2002 tour.....maybe even way before that. They used the end of that song as a clip to promote the boston show in 2002.

are you sure or just speculating?

Ssssspeculating.

If anyone has the promo like most of us do, just listen to it........I ain't speculating......I'll bet $ on it. RIGHT NOW!

These songs consist of different parts recorded over the years. Just because one part is from 02 doesn't mean the whole recording is.

I agree....that is the only part I was NOT speculating on......anyway, who gives a hot fuck.......It's gonna be an incredible experience to listen to the final version of this amazing song.

Damn straight, although I think this shit sounds all but finished enough smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #562 on: April 02, 2007, 02:21:04 PM »

Two points:

- Obvious Buckethead solo, like DCK and polluxlm said. It's kinda tiring how so many people are saying its Richard playing the solo just because he played it live - and guess what, it sounds close to this version. Of course, it's the same as what he did with NR and YCBM solos, he plays close to Slash's original version. But the sound, the licks and classic BH style are all there, on this demo. Still, people fail to see that.

- Yeah, it's not speculation - the 2002 promo has the exact same cut as the demo. I even made a comparative with the two snippets with an audio edit program. Of course, the Buckethead guitars (dunno about the solo) were recorded after 2002 for a fact, because he didn't play that way back then. Also, some Robin guitar work wasn't like that in 2002...

I wonder for how long people will still say otherwise.

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #563 on: April 02, 2007, 02:24:53 PM »

Two points:

- Obvious Buckethead solo, like DCK and polluxlm said. It's kinda tiring how so many people are saying its Richard playing the solo just because he played it live - and guess what, it sounds close to this version. Of course, it's the same as what he did with NR and YCBM solos, he plays close to Slash's original version. But the sound, the licks and classic BH style are all there, on this demo. Still, people fail to see that.

- Yeah, it's not speculation - the 2002 promo has the exact same cut as the demo. I even made a comparative with the two snippets with an audio edit program. Of course, the Buckethead guitars (dunno about the solo) were recorded after 2002 for a fact, because he didn't play that way back then. Also, some Robin guitar work wasn't like that in 2002...

I wonder for how long people will still say otherwise.

Good points. I think the basic track was laid down somewhere between '99 and '01, with other things recorded over it over the years. Axl's vocals I think are definately pre-2002. Like you said there's some guitar work on there that wasnt like how they played it in '02 and also the strings are different also. Buckmaster probably worked on it in '03. So everall its an old demo with some current parts and things on it.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #564 on: April 02, 2007, 02:30:26 PM »

- Yeah, it's not speculation - the 2002 promo has the exact same cut as the demo. I even made a comparative with the two snippets with an audio edit program.

thanx voodoo; nice research...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 02:32:14 PM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #565 on: April 02, 2007, 03:30:03 PM »

- Yeah, it's not speculation - the 2002 promo has the exact same cut as the demo. I even made a comparative with the two snippets with an audio edit program.

thanx voodoo; nice research...

it is no rocket science....  Tongue

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #566 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:04 PM »

But HERE's the $32,000 question.

Is Axl's guitar on Maddy?  Shocked
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #567 on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »

No.

Show me the money! Grin

Death Cube K
« Reply #568 on: April 02, 2007, 05:48:37 PM »

Still, people fail to see that.

Because they are stupid
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #569 on: April 02, 2007, 05:58:29 PM »

No.

Show me the money! Grin

Who is your fuckin neggar ?! hihi

Fortus comfirmed that is Bucket playing the Madagascar solo on the leak.

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
« Reply #570 on: April 02, 2007, 06:00:38 PM »

But the sound, the licks and classic BH style are all there, on this demo. Still, people fail to see that.

I disagree. I'm not saying that Buckethead isn't playing the solo but I think that if he recorded 100 takes of it I'd expect 99 of them to be better than the one on the demo. The sound is there, the licks are typical - almost parody - BH but the solo has no feel. It's just flat, on-the-beat bullshit. It's absolutely not what I'd expect from Bucket. If it is him and it's the best version of the solo he recorded then I think it's a good thing he left the band, because I can't think of any BH recording before or since which is as soulless as that solo.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #571 on: April 02, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »

No.

Show me the money! Grin

Who is your fuckin neggar ?! hihi
Hahaha, remember Patti Smith's "Rock N' Roll Nigger".. headbanger

Fortus comfirmed that is Bucket playing the Madagascar solo on the leak.
Really? Where?

I love when I'm right!! Grin

But the sound, the licks and classic BH style are all there, on this demo. Still, people fail to see that.

I disagree. I'm not saying that Buckethead isn't playing the solo but I think that if he recorded 100 takes of it I'd expect 99 of them to be better than the one on the demo. The sound is there, the licks are typical - almost parody - BH but the solo has no feel. It's just flat, on-the-beat bullshit. It's absolutely not what I'd expect from Bucket. If it is him and it's the best version of the solo he recorded then I think it's a good thing he left the band, because I can't think of any BH recording before or since which is as soulless as that solo.
His 2002 version sounds a lot like this. More a background music to the quotes than a proper solo, like he did in RIR3.

But how can you disagree with me if you're not saying its not Bucket and if I didn't say anything about the quality of his solo?  confused

KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #572 on: April 02, 2007, 06:13:19 PM »

From iceman24 from mygnr

I wrote Richard about the guitar solo!

What I wrote:

>
> Hey,
>
> First of all, I know we shouldn't mail you about GN'R things. But
> there is something we have been discussing on mygnr.
> You have probably heard, that the song Madagascar leaked onto the
> internet.
> According to Ron, it's an old demo. That made us discussing if it is
> Buckethead or you playing the guitar solo during the quote-montage. I
> don't know if you are allowed to answer this question, but it would be
> cool if you could answer it;-)
>
> P.S. I tried to submit some pics to your site. But it said, I can't
> send them, because the mailfolder was allready full. Maybe you should
> tell your site administrator, that he should delete some mails;-) And
> by the way, the pic which is allready up from the Switzerland concert
> was also taken be me.
>
> Keep rockin'!
>
> Jari

His reply:

Hi Jari,
Thanks for writing. The solo on Madagascar that you heard is indeed Buckethead. Sorry about the mailbox being full, i have a ton of emails that i am trying to get to. It's gonna take a while. If you want to post the photos somewhere else and send me a link, i'd love to look at them.
thanks,
richard

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=92326&st=1095

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
« Reply #573 on: April 02, 2007, 06:16:04 PM »

His 2002 version sounds a lot like this. More a background music to the quotes than a proper solo, like he did in RIR3.

But how can you disagree with me if you're not saying its not Bucket and if I didn't say anything about the quality of his solo?  confused

I disagree that it's "classic BH style," for the reasons I gave in my post. The live versions do follow the same general progression as the demo version, but every one of them was more nuanced and more interesting than the demo version. I think we agree that the solo uses very typical, standard BH licks so I ask you this; Is it in any way interesting to hear Buckethead playing standard BH licks in such a simple fashion over such a sparse arrangement?

It's pretty disappointing, isn't it?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #574 on: April 02, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »

Hi Jari,
Thanks for writing. The solo on Madagascar that you heard is indeed Buckethead. Sorry about the mailbox being full, i have a ton of emails that i am trying to get to. It's gonna take a while. If you want to post the photos somewhere else and send me a link, i'd love to look at them.
thanks,
richard
Ta! Thank you, KIKO!!

That sums up it all. I wonder if people will still say otherwise..

I disagree that it's "classic BH style," for the reasons I gave in my post. The live versions do follow the same general progression as the demo version, but every one of them was more nuanced and more interesting than the demo version. I think we agree that the solo uses very typical, standard BH licks so I ask you this; Is it in any way interesting to hear Buckethead playing standard BH licks in such a simple fashion over such a sparse arrangement?

It's pretty disappointing, isn't it?
Not that much to me, but when I said "classic BH style" I was referring to his style of playing, not because its his usual quality. Kinda like the way he hit the strings with his pick and fingers in the fretboard.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:21:43 PM by Voodoochild » Logged

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #575 on: April 02, 2007, 10:26:58 PM »

Awesome!  I knew it had to bucket!
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #576 on: April 03, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »

Glad to hear that. Now, let's keep it.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #577 on: April 03, 2007, 12:15:31 AM »

won't be kept for the simple fact that Richard doesn't get alot of solo chances, and this is his one major chance to shine, esp on an epic song like this, (out of all the new songs weve heard so far which will/might be on cd), and axl would rather give richard the credits then buckethead.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
bigbri
VIP

"I come in peace."

« Reply #578 on: April 03, 2007, 12:41:56 AM »

won't be kept for the simple fact that Richard doesn't get alot of solo chances, and this is his one major chance to shine, esp on an epic song like this, (out of all the new songs weve heard so far which will/might be on cd), and axl would rather give richard the credits then buckethead.

Glad you know what Axl wants. I figure he just wants the best solo on there, whomever it might be. If he take a lesser solo just to give a current member the credit, that's bogus. Besides, we all figure Bucket came up with that solo, so even if Richard plays it, Bucket wrote it.

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #579 on: April 03, 2007, 01:14:30 AM »

ANYTHING BUCKETHEAD needs to stay on this album.  I've always thought his guitar melody with Axl's vocal range is PERFECT together.  Solo is great.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: