Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:22:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228487 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113559 times)
Tommie
Imma Gunna
Rocker

« Reply #480 on: April 01, 2007, 11:49:09 AM »

Well since they are all "just demos" maybe the original versions are the ones that will be on the album.  Maybe the new versions are just different versions of the song that Axl just wanted to see how they sounded. 

When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists...Jack Bauer hates lemonade.
www.gnrevolution.com
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #481 on: April 01, 2007, 11:54:26 AM »

Well since they are all "just demos" maybe the original versions are the ones that will be on the album.? Maybe the new versions are just different versions of the song that Axl just wanted to see how they sounded.?

I hope you're right Tommie.  I think GNR will fail miserably if they releae al album full of synthezier.
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #482 on: April 01, 2007, 11:58:00 AM »

I was happy to hear that the latest (March 2007) release was simply an old demo (or so says BF). Either way, while the audio quality was higher than previous 'so called studio leaks' this version I didn't like, as Axl's vocals sounded deeper and not so great. Rio 2000/2001 still rates as my the best Madagascar so far  peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #483 on: April 01, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

I don't think the final version will sound that different. I guess if people didn't like this demo, they won't like the final product.

I hope you're right Tommie.  I think GNR will fail miserably if they releae al album full of synthezier.
Yeah, that's what would make them fail. Roll Eyes

Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #484 on: April 01, 2007, 12:35:53 PM »

I don't think the final version will sound that different. I guess if people didn't like this demo, they won't like the final product.

I hope you're right Tommie.? I think GNR will fail miserably if they releae al album full of synthezier.

So, you think if GNR releases their 13 year in the making album with 12 or 13 songs of over-produced over-synthezied noise they'll succeed?  Voodoo, you're just wrong.  The vast majority of people who are interested in GNR want to hear songs as good as and similar in arrangement to old GNR songs.  The original version of Better falls into that category, as does the Blues and Chinese Democracy.  There may be a few new fans that don't mind having a syntheizer track layed over an entire song, but you are 100% out of your mind if you think the latest version of Maddy wouldn't be ridiculed by the majority critics and fans.  If these latest tracks are not older demos and in fact GNR is heading down this path, they will fail man.  I played this version of Maddy to a few casual fans today.  They reacted like I think most casual fans will react....they thought it was an absolute mess.  Sure, some die hards will think any GNR song is great even if it was white noise.  Throw out those fools, and what you are left with in the market is people looking forward to something similar to old GNR.

This version of Maddy is not gonna cut it mate.
demonscars
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #485 on: April 01, 2007, 12:37:32 PM »

Maddy live is one of my favorite of the "new" songs.  But this studio version I'm not that crazy about.  Its just lacking something that I can't put my finger on.  I do hope its just a demo and the album version is better.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #486 on: April 01, 2007, 12:40:02 PM »

Im not sure I like the new vocal style compared to the live versions. The music is really good though.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #487 on: April 01, 2007, 12:40:49 PM »

Maddy live is one of my favorite of the "new" songs.  But this studio version I'm not that crazy about.  Its just lacking something that I can't put my finger on.  I do hope its just a demo and the album version is better.

My thoughts exactly.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #488 on: April 01, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »

Maddy live is one of my favorite of the "new" songs.? But this studio version I'm not that crazy about.? Its just lacking something that I can't put my finger on.? I do hope its just a demo and the album version is better.

for me it was the other way around, before i thought it was just an ok song and i thought, well i've heard it live and it sounded like studio version of it can't saound much different.. but it did and to me it made it much better, i like this leak better then better itself ok
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #489 on: April 01, 2007, 12:44:33 PM »

IMO the song isn't about the old band, but about his life and relationships of many kinds.

Hopefully, someday, we will get an answer to this question from the source Grin

Thank you.  Exactly.  For the past couple years I've had to sit back and watch posters who are consumed with the old band post about how every new song is about the old band! 
 rant
Oh God that gets old!  These people are transferring their obsession with the old band into the words of Axl's lyrics.  Note to all y'all...just because you are obsessed with the old band doesn't mean Axl is.   Tongue

Also, how ridiculous is it when not only Madagascar, Better, and IRS have lunatics saying they are about the old band, some will even tell you There Was a Time!   rofl  rofl  rofl

Read the lyrics of Madagascar.  Don't you see the beautiful maturation Of Axl?  He's 1000 times more introspective and self-aware.  Just my opinion.   peace

If you take the lyrics at face value its 'that ship from the civil war era'  Grin
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #490 on: April 01, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »

I really like the demo and the deep voice. My idea however is that this is a recording from 2002. Since the boston 2002 promo madagascar outcut is identical to the one in the demo. Which lead me to believe he has sung this one in 2002 maybe?

In the mean time, from 2002 till 2006, Axl really improved his voice (at least that shows in his live performances). His old rasp is totally back so it seems which lead me to believe that he recorded all of his vocals again -- with his improved voice -- When I head madagascar live from the 2006 shows he sounds allmost like the Axl from 92.... On the demo he sounds a bit like in 2002 but with more power, trying to belt the rasp out.

Same with Better kind of. The demo sounds quite different to the live versions. There are moments on the demo where he sings clean and moments where he sings with rasp. In his 2006 live shows he is all rasp on Better. The middle sections sounds live much more powerful and more vintage Axl then on the Better demo.

Now my point is that Axl might have re-recorded all that is to be on Chinese Democracy -- taking the maxium out of his recent voice capabilities. Not how the state of his voice was in 2002. Since he clearly seems to have improved live. How that unfolts in the studio, I have no idea. I'm no expert so I might be all wrong.

so besides all that, I think he sounds fucking amazing on the demo and I alone would be very happy if this was the final product. But since so much time went between all of this.....and the final release of Chinese Democracy. I think he re-did all of his vocals to his 2006 voice standards.

But on the other hand, how can he sounds any better then on this demo? He sounds fucking fantastic. So perhaps we are all seeing ghosts or something. People expect way to much anyways. I, for one love this version.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 01:00:01 PM by Dont Try Me » Logged

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #491 on: April 01, 2007, 01:01:45 PM »

So, you think if GNR releases their 13 year in the making album with 12 or 13 songs of over-produced over-synthezied noise they'll succeed?  Voodoo, you're just wrong.  The vast majority of people who are interested in GNR want to hear songs as good as and similar in arrangement to old GNR songs.  The original version of Better falls into that category, as does the Blues and Chinese Democracy.  There may be a few new fans that don't mind having a syntheizer track layed over an entire song, but you are 100% out of your mind if you think the latest version of Maddy wouldn't be ridiculed by the majority critics and fans.  If these latest tracks are not older demos and in fact GNR is heading down this path, they will fail man.  I played this version of Maddy to a few casual fans today.  They reacted like I think most casual fans will react....they thought it was an absolute mess.  Sure, some die hards will think any GNR song is great even if it was white noise.  Throw out those fools, and what you are left with in the market is people looking forward to something similar to old GNR.

This version of Maddy is not gonna cut it mate.
I'm not saying this is the final version, but I don't think it will be that different.

Also, the "mess" you talk about is due to the lacking of proper mixing with so much going on. That will be different, of course.

What I think is that the album will have synth and keyboards all over the places, but still with powerful guitars. Not like the last Better demo, that was shitty. I'm talking about real mixing, not demo quick mix...

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #492 on: April 01, 2007, 01:10:59 PM »

Axls vocal delivery matches the theme of the song. Do you want him singing these lyrics with a Paradise City Voice? Or Better Voice?

The delivery matches the theme of the song. That is why its great. I love the rasp, I love the struggle, the desperation, the frustration that he sings with on this song. Its great ...absolutely great

And Musically its aces. The guitar hooks at the end of the 2nd verse are a pleasant surprise.

I couldnt have asked for a better take on this song....

the only 2 versions of Madagascar that compare are Rio3 and the 1 they did in the summer I forget which show...i wanna say budapest or madrid not sure i forget....

the album is gonna be amazing

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #493 on: April 01, 2007, 01:20:18 PM »

the only 2 versions of Madagascar that compare are Rio3 and the 1 they did in the summer I forget which show...i wanna say budapest or madrid not sure i forget....

I always envisioned the demo/studio to sound a certain way, I guess. And what I heard was definitely not it. I like it, but I like his singing on this song Live more than the demo and that is unusual for me - maybe it's cause I'm so used to it, and need to hear the studio a million times too.

Either way, yes this album is gonna be amazing.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #494 on: April 01, 2007, 01:22:26 PM »

Axls vocal delivery matches the theme of the song. Do you want him singing these lyrics with a Paradise City Voice? Or Better Voice?

The delivery matches the theme of the song. That is why its great. I love the rasp, I love the struggle, the desperation, the frustration that he sings with on this song. Its great ...absolutely great

And Musically its aces. The guitar hooks at the end of the 2nd verse are a pleasant surprise.

you make great points! Thought about that as well... it surely fits the theme of the song and he delivers greatly. No doubt the album is gonna be amazing!  Cheesy

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #495 on: April 01, 2007, 01:23:57 PM »

I would hope that the track does not have finished/final vocals on it. ?Rasp aside, it just seems a bit...rough in spots, in both tone and timing. ?I like it very much, but it does seem to be a less-than-finished version in few respects. ?That said, it's so exciting to hear a well-recorded version of the song, and it makes it that much harded to wait for the finished album...no doubt that the finsihed album version will be incredible.  Again, a very exciting time to be a guns fan!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 01:29:45 PM by bazgnr » Logged
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #496 on: April 01, 2007, 01:27:09 PM »

i think it sounds fantastic musically and vocally

what gets me pumped is that this is still only an unfinished demo that hasnt been mixed or mastered yet. So the sound could potentially be even better  ok

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #497 on: April 01, 2007, 01:31:21 PM »

Sorry to be a downer but i didnt like it before and having heard the leak i dont like it any more. and i think his voice is quite bad. Maybe he was in pain or havin trouble breathin...?

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #498 on: April 01, 2007, 01:34:47 PM »

His voice on the leak is certainly NOT sounding top notch.   But perhaps be thinks it suits the song, or maybe it's been re-recorded.

Either way - I think the track sounds fantastic.   Just reinforces how badly I want the fucker to come out. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #499 on: April 01, 2007, 02:01:15 PM »

excellant point about axl's voice. i totally agree with you. at first i thought the vocals were a little weird but i guess im so used to the 2002 live version with the high voice. anyway i dig it, if this is just a demo then it can only get better.

i think thats why alot of people are not liking the vocals, they are just so used to listening to the bootlegs from 2002, i mean we've been listening to those for like around 5 years now.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:08:46 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: