Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:31:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228482 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113450 times)
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #420 on: March 15, 2007, 02:12:34 AM »

im not saying that its not a good song or that Axl hasnt matured, although truthfully i think his comments in One in a Million were just showing a hatred for all people who werent Axl.  Its a song about a guy who wants nothing to do from any group and no one ever mentions that he also calls out radicals and racists etc... My point is why open it up to such media scrutiny.  A white guy who put the n word in one of his songs would look like an idiot having MLK speaking on his first single in 15 years.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #421 on: March 15, 2007, 02:20:46 AM »

Is there really a need for these threads?  Isnt there a "What should be the first single thread 2 pages back?"

that being said I think Madagascar is a fine song if you take out all that speech crap in the middle.  I mean seriously, Axl using MLK speeches in a song...I mean this is the guy who wrote One in a Million and about 40 songs about hate and violence.  I dont believe MLK was an angel (proved to be an adulterer and plagiarizer, and when his FBI tapes are released in 2027 itll be revealed he was also a woman beater), but the guy is a symbol of peace and brotherhood.  He also has a national holiday here in the U.S.  and is somewhat deified.   Using his most famous speach (stolen from a speach from the 1952 Republican National Convention) just is totally pretentious coming from a white rocker who is not a racist, but has used the N word in a song and covered a Charles manson song.  Maddy as a single would just open the floodgates for people calling him a hypocrite and reignite people talking about One in a Million and look at your game.
I disagree with all of that crap.

Nobody important still remembers the whole One in a million N word thing 100 years ago, and nobody cares.
There will never be a time when people start talking about One In A Million and Look at your game girl...
And they shouldn't release Maddy because people would call him a hypocrite? That's the stupidest shit I've read on the whole board. All of that 100 years ago "constroversy" is nothing compared to what's out there today... nobody gives a shit.. and "Madagascar" without the spoken word montage would be turned into a very generic song. It needs the spoken word montage. You got something weird against MLK I can tell you that much..

No floodgates are gonna open... he's not gonna look like an idiot... and I like to think that part of the song is Chris Pitman's part anyway.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #422 on: March 15, 2007, 02:39:30 AM »

People still remember One in a Million, if they dont they dont remember Axl and arent going to be paying attention when the cd comes out anyways.  It got like 8/45 minutes of the GNR behind the music. I know youre a pitman fan and not a GNR fan, but GNR is a band that sings a lot about hate, violence and non-acceptance.  If in the off chance a media outlet and/or fans dont remember One in a Million, Look at your game, maybe theyll remember Get in the Ring, Used to Love Her, Right Next Door to Hell, Back Off Bitch, My World, Appetite for Destruction, Axl jumping into audiences to fight fans, Axl biting security guards, or maybe theyll just remember that despite the braids...Axl's white.  Seriously, dont have MLK's speach in the background.  Seriously its not worth it.  Also people heard Madagascar 5 years ago or so on MTV, i didnt really hear a huge outcry for an encore.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #423 on: March 15, 2007, 03:24:36 AM »

i'm lost ... last week some guy said Better should be the 1st single ...

and the week before someone said it should be IRS ......

magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #424 on: March 15, 2007, 03:29:05 AM »

I think the 2002 version is better
it seems the happier with the new band he gets
the less meotional its sung
the heavy rasp seriipously doesnt suite it
the 2006 leak of IRs voice is classic for it.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #425 on: March 15, 2007, 05:01:31 AM »

Is there really a need for these threads?  Isnt there a "What should be the first single thread 2 pages back?"

that being said I think Madagascar is a fine song if you take out all that speech crap in the middle.  I mean seriously, Axl using MLK speeches in a song...I mean this is the guy who wrote One in a Million and about 40 songs about hate and violence.  I dont believe MLK was an angel (proved to be an adulterer and plagiarizer, and when his FBI tapes are released in 2027 itll be revealed he was also a woman beater), but the guy is a symbol of peace and brotherhood.  He also has a national holiday here in the U.S.  and is somewhat deified.   Using his most famous speach (stolen from a speach from the 1952 Republican National Convention) just is totally pretentious coming from a white rocker who is not a racist, but has used the N word in a song and covered a Charles manson song.  Maddy as a single would just open the floodgates for people calling him a hypocrite and reignite people talking about One in a Million and look at your game.

but one in a million was written almost 20 years ago.   Axl is hardly the same guy he was back then.   

I've always thought Madagascar wasn't so much a song personal to Axl but more about the Civil Rights movement.   just my hunch.   Would make a good second or third single.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #426 on: March 15, 2007, 01:42:09 PM »

Maddy is amazing but for the 2cd single.. You know GNR always puts their big ballads as the 2cd single. Sweet Child O' Mine and Novenber Rain so it is guaranteed we won't hear Maddy as the first single but 2nd sounds great though. For the first I think it will be a very fast rocking jam but enough mainstream to it. Sorry,Prostitute,Suckerpunched all come to mind but we don't know for sure?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2007, 02:34:49 PM »

Better and Madagascar are clearly the best songs Axl has produced in the last 14 years.  Madagascar as the first single is a GREAT move.
cody6977
Headliner

sometimes I pee when I poop

« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2007, 03:52:20 PM »

I'd like to hear the rest of the songs before I specualte as which ones are singles...my money is on "Better" with the Harley ad and all...
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2007, 04:03:47 PM »

I agree about better and madagascar being first single
Btw
theres this song called prositiute that a Exec at egffen described as november rain meets
nighttrain , i really would want to hear that one a single

sounds like a disastrous sonic experiment, by that description  Sad

I would'nt do that if I were you.
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »

I think ''Madagascar'' (as well as TWAT) is a better song than ''Better''. But I also think that the first single should not necesarily be the BEST track, but the most catchy/original/inyourface track

''Better'' is a song that everyone will like. No matter if you are a fan or not. But, for example, TWAT or Maddy are better, deeper and more complex songs, that some people might love, and other people might ignore ''because are long and boring'' (  rant )

Anyway, whatever song they choose as first single will kick asses. GNR kicks asses, that's all that matters.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2007, 05:28:26 PM »

In my opinion, it really should depend on when the album is released...and when the single itself is released.  If it's early summer, a cheesy love song is usually the best bet.  Not that there will necessarily be one on the album.  "Rockers" tend to do a better job in the fall.

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »

I love Madagascar. I would definitely love it to be the first single. I just don't think people will 'get' Better.
GNRforever10
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2007, 09:01:02 PM »

MADAGASCAR

If and when GNR decides to put that out as a single, the whole world is gonna follow the fad on that amazing song, because that song alone is gonna bring in a certain wave of audience and listeners and alot of that will be because the MLK speech that Axl strategically placed in the song because he knows what he's doing. The songs publicity alone and the message will put GNR back over the top, and all those Axl bashing, hater fans will be kissing up again and all those opposed well...........
Rock the jungle
Rocker

Here Today... GONE TO BARCELONA JODER!!

« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »

who knows.... but I hope so
HuskerTornado
Opening Act

« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2007, 10:53:32 PM »

First of all, I just hope there is a single  Grin

Other than that, I think they need a big rocker to get people in the stores that don't remember the early `90's.  Enough of the whiny emo BS, the music world needs some adrenaline, badly. 

I love Madagascar, but I'm just not sure it would be the right choice for the first single.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2007, 01:16:19 AM »

Personally, although i like the song a lot, I don't see it as a single.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
rubinho.ma
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2007, 05:24:16 PM »

I'd be really happier if one of those three break out as the first single:
TWAT
THE BLUES
MADAGASCAR

Each one of them has the potential to become a memorable epic of November Rain proportions. Mainly if
they do another huge video like that. Not so likely to happen nowadays, but I'll just keep my hopes on it.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:26:51 PM by rubinho.ma » Logged
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »

No way should Madagascar be released as a single. The song has not stood the test of time. Since being played in 2000 the songs sounds slow, and has become a little boring. The Blues on the other hand is much better, and has stood the test of time. I doubt either of these two songs will be released as singles  peace
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #439 on: March 16, 2007, 05:36:39 PM »

Absolutely not.....     no
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: