Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 04:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228483 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113488 times)
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #400 on: March 12, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »

I could never find it boring - It's an inspirational song, from the lyrics, to the quotes to the solo.

It was the highlight of seeing them live last year for me. Probably my favourite new song.

I think it sounds just as good now.  ok

@#$%Funker

I have got bored with Madagascar. Where as The Blues still remains strong, Madagascar feels slow, and to be honest the only section I like  are 'the quotes' with all the guitars going on.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #401 on: March 12, 2007, 04:35:47 PM »

My Favorites Tracks Of MADDY & The Blues Is ERA 2002.

HBK *

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Apollon
Rocker

So bittersweet this tragedy...

« Reply #402 on: March 12, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »

The last weeks I listen very often the version from 12/20/2006... It's damn good! Especially the quotes and Richard's solo...  drool
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #403 on: March 12, 2007, 05:32:16 PM »

Madagascar will always hold a special place in my heart.  A buddy of mine played the first 30 seconds of Madagascar for me over the phone.  I was blown away instantly.  Without a doubt it got me back into GNR strong. 

In '02 Madagascar and The Blues were my favorite in Boston. (I was there live)

My favorite '06 version of Madagascar is Budapest. (I wasn't there live  no)  There's something Axl does vocally toward the end of the song that is just f'ing haunting...beautiful indeed.  beer

I don't mean to switch gears but since you were mentioning '02 to '06 progressions of songs...no song improved more than Chinese Democracy itself.  It is amazing live, and earns my Most Improved award.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Olorin
« Reply #404 on: March 12, 2007, 06:31:04 PM »

I love the song, to be honest when I first heard it in 2001 it really gave me shivers and was the piece of music that made me believe Axl was working on something really special with his Chinese Democracy project.

I still believe the Rio 2001 performance is magical, 2002 was really good but I missed bucketheads dominance in the bridge, the strings were to high in the mix and he was drowned out for the most part.

2006 - Heard it live, heard the bootlegs - its still great but Fortus's solo just doesnt do anything for me, I think it has badly damaged the song taking out bucketheads solo.

As a matter of fact I even think that sometimes it has sounded a downright mess in the middle of the song.

The last performance before christmas was pretty awesome, guitar solo kinda killed the magic though, starts off ok then... I dunno... he wants to lay off the effects a bit and just rip out an amazing solo. I think he is trying to outdo buckethead by trying to make it sound really fancy and technically complex with his pedals, but there is just no soul anymore.

Has anyone else noticed how they have removed Dizzys organ from the part of the song where Axl sings, "forgive them that tear down my soul... etc..etc" There is a slightly different medley going on in there now.
Its absent until the drums and guitars come crashing in again and Axl starts singing, "If we ever find its true..."
The older versions it pretty much carried on in the backround for most of the song, apart from the middle.

Cant wait for the album version, I cant believe its 2007 and I still havnt heard it Cry
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2007, 08:43:01 PM »

I think this song will be one of the great "masterpieces" by axl. i cannot wait to hear to album version of it.

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
EstrangedReality
« Reply #406 on: March 12, 2007, 09:01:38 PM »

I really like Madagascar. Not as much as The Blues, but it's a bit more "out there."

When people make fun of Pitman fans and think they're being sarcastic - THIS is the song that proves Pitman is authentic. His work on this is awesome. It also proves just how essential he is to the "new" GN'R sound. Imagine if this song didn't have the synth beats and the spoken word solo? It would kinda suck, or at least sound generic.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #407 on: March 12, 2007, 10:45:46 PM »

Whats the best , and clearest version of madagascar out there for download?

I.e 2002, 2006 version,

can anyone help, I want a version thats good enough to be played loudly on my car speakers, not just my pc speakers

cheers in advanced. beer

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #408 on: March 13, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »

I still strongly believe that if they remove Buckets solo from this they will be doing the song a huge injustice. My fav version has to be from Rio '01, Buckets solo was still great in '02 but it was more in the background somehow and the synth was raised.
As far as '06 versions go I think the Inland Invasion performance is probably the best i've heard, I like Robins fill ins in the 2nd verse.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #409 on: March 13, 2007, 11:15:35 PM »

The song would suck without the synths and the spoken word montage.

That's what makes the song special.
EstrangedReality
« Reply #410 on: March 14, 2007, 12:09:40 AM »

The song would suck without the synths and the spoken word montage.

That's what makes the song special.

Honestly, it would sound like a totally different song without the synth intro and backing throughout the song and the spoken word solo. Imagine if it was just a guitar intro and a guitar solo without any spoken words... might be kinda interesting to hear as a B-Side if it's released as a single.
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #411 on: March 14, 2007, 08:22:04 AM »

My favorite '06 version of Madagascar is Budapest. (I wasn't there live? no)? There's something Axl does vocally toward the end of the song that is just f'ing haunting...beautiful indeed.?

i was there! and madagascar was one of the best moments of the concert (music-wise; the fans were surely more into the old stuff)...

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #412 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:13 AM »

Madagascar is one of the bets songs on this album , its Epic.
But its gut a deeper side to it its , an intro of axl telling
"i wont be told anymore , that ive been brought down into this storm and left so far out from the shore"
Simply means -Im not gona be told that i was brought into this buissness and end up left out of the spotlight

Its like a messege saying Im back , from rubbles ive built my self again
also its a messege to the old members who keep suing and such "That its never too late"
"Oh i found the ways youve lured me in , oh ive found the ways"
thats him tlaking about slash and drugs , i read sumthing about slahs luring him into a few things back in the 90's ina n interview
i say madagascar first single! it so fits it!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #413 on: March 15, 2007, 01:40:03 AM »

Maddy is good, but Axl needs a song that has some punch, upbeat- unusual, to break back into the mainstream of shit out there, and I dont think madagascar has this, but dont doubt me, its a great song, but it doesn't achieve this.

Better would be better then maddy for a first single,
or any other song ([perhaps sorry?) for a single...

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
More Famous Than Almost
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #414 on: March 15, 2007, 01:41:37 AM »

''Better'' and ''Madagascar'' should be the first two singles.  hihi
magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #415 on: March 15, 2007, 01:44:32 AM »

I agree about better and madagascar being first single
Btw
theres this song called prositiute that a Exec at egffen described as november rain meets
nighttrain , i really would want to hear that one a single
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #416 on: March 15, 2007, 01:55:08 AM »

Is there really a need for these threads?  Isnt there a "What should be the first single thread 2 pages back?"

that being said I think Madagascar is a fine song if you take out all that speech crap in the middle.  I mean seriously, Axl using MLK speeches in a song...I mean this is the guy who wrote One in a Million and about 40 songs about hate and violence.  I dont believe MLK was an angel (proved to be an adulterer and plagiarizer, and when his FBI tapes are released in 2027 itll be revealed he was also a woman beater), but the guy is a symbol of peace and brotherhood.  He also has a national holiday here in the U.S.  and is somewhat deified.   Using his most famous speach (stolen from a speach from the 1952 Republican National Convention) just is totally pretentious coming from a white rocker who is not a racist, but has used the N word in a song and covered a Charles manson song.  Maddy as a single would just open the floodgates for people calling him a hypocrite and reignite people talking about One in a Million and look at your game.
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #417 on: March 15, 2007, 01:57:45 AM »

Yeh, I never thought about that,

comparing one in a million with madagascar,

where one , axls talking about fags and "niggers" , and in madagascar, hes showing the need and love for peace,

anyways, I agree, not everyone loves the quotes in madagascar, and it took me a while to,
thats why better would be the best for the first single,then something we havent heard yet,
thyme/sorry?

magnumS
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #418 on: March 15, 2007, 02:01:19 AM »

p found his ways
One ina million wasnt veyr mature
but everyone changes
Jackamo!
Banned
VIP

Here Today...