Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 05:52:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113286 times)
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2006, 05:27:30 PM »

Can anyone identify all the sound clips in Madagascar?  I recognize a few.  For instance, there's the guy from "Cool Hand Luke" (not sure of the actor--same clip was used in Civil War).  I also here James Earl Jones, but I'm not sure what movie it's from.  Obviously there are a bunch of bites from MLK's "I Have A Dream" speech.  Also, I'm not possative, but I'm pretty sure I heard Willam DeFoe from "Platoon".

Can anyone else figure the rest out or verify these?

Danny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
kever20
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2006, 05:31:36 PM »

I can get you the list... I transcribed it somewhere... Willem Dafoe and Gene Hackman, though, are heard in this clip. It's taken from "Mississippi Burning." There is also a clip from "Braveheart," Michael J. Fox from "Casualties of War," and a few others... I'll look for the list.

/Kevin

Convicted for murder,
The bastards run free
Out on parole, out on the prowl
Freed on the bail paid by the thief
Justice supreme, the liars all ream
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2006, 05:39:08 PM »

I'm gonna tell you a story

(FBI Agent Monk (portrayed by Badja Djola), Chapter 35-A Razor Sharp Confession-1:40:06; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

What?

(Road Prison 36 Captain (portrayed by Strother Martin), Cool Hand Luke, 1967; written by Donn Pearce)

What?

(Road Prison 36 Captain (portrayed by Strother Martin), Cool Hand Luke, 1967; written by Donn Pearce)

How can a person grow up with all this around them?

(Detective William Somerset (portrayed by Morgan Freeman), Chapter 19; Se7en, 1995; written by Andrew Kevin Walker)

Where does it come from?

(FBI Agent Alan Ward (portrayed by Willem Dafoe), Chapter 6-"where does it come from, all this hatred?"-00:20:25; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

All this hatred?

(FBI Agent Alan Ward (portrayed by Willem Dafoe), Chapter 6-"where does it come from, all this hatred?"-00:20:25; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

What we've got here is..

Fear!

(Detective William Somerset (portrayed by Morgan Freeman), Chapter 19; Se7en, 1995; written by Andrew Kevin Walker)

Failure to communicate

Everybody's acting like we can do anything and it don't matter what we do. Maybe we gotta be extra careful because maybe it matters more than we even know..

(Private Eriksson (portrayed by Michael J. Fox), Casualties of War, 1989; written by Daniel Lang)

Hatred isn't somethin' you're born with

(Mrs. Pell (portrayed by Frances McDormand); Chapter 29-Mrs. Pell Gives the Vital Information-- 1:29:22; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

It gets taught

(Mrs. Pell (portrayed by Frances McDormand); Chapter 29-Mrs. Pell Gives the Vital Information-1:29:22; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

I felt this fear

(Detective William Somerset (portrayed by Morgan Freeman), Chapter 19 Se7en, 1995; written by Andrew Kevin Walker)

Let's get something straight, alright?

(Agent Rupert Anderson (portrayed by Gene Hackman), Chapter 27-- Ward and Anderson's Frustration -1:24:58; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

This whole thing was fucked up

(Agent Rupert Anderson (portrayed by Gene Hackman), Chapter 27-- Ward and Anderson's Frustration -1:24:58; Mississippi Burning, 1988; written by Chris Gerolmo)

All men betray. All lose heart!

(The Leper / Robert the 16th Earl of Bruce (portrayed by Ian Bannen), speaking to his son, Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce in a scene concerning the betrayal Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce committed toward William Wallace; Chapter 15-Lands of Death-2:13:57; Braveheart, 1995; written by Randall Wallace)

I don't want to lose heart!...I want to believe

(Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce, (portrayed by Angus McFadyen) responding to his father (The Leper / Robert the 16th Earl of Bruce)'s nonchalant attitude toward betrayal; Chapter 15-Lands of Death-2:14:02; Braveheart, 1995; written by Randall Wallace)

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Quotes Below:

Stand up for righteousness! Stand up for justice! Stand up for truth! You got to call on that something That can make a way out of no way That power that can make a way out of now no way I tell ya I seen the lightning...I've heard the thunder roll! Sometimes... I feel discouraged Sometimes I feel discouraged He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone, no never alone, no never alone! Promised never to leave me! Never to leave me alone!

above from Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Why Jesus Called A Man A Fool, (Delivered at Mount Pisgah Missionary Baptist Church, Chicago, Illinois, on 27 August 1967)

Black men and white men Together at the table of brotherhood! I have a dream Free at last! Free at last! Thank God almighty!! WE ARE FREE AT LAST!!

above quotes from: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., I Have A Dream, (Delivered as the keynote speech at the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom on 28 August 1963; written by Julian Bond)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2006, 05:40:41 PM »

That's from http://gunsnroses.us/cd/madagascar.html

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2006, 05:44:04 PM »

Thanks, Jim  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2006, 05:48:10 PM »

Nobody seems to know this thing exists: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=4226.msg237406#msg237406

nervous

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2006, 06:08:39 PM »

Oh, I knew it was there all right.  smoking

(......... nervous)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2006, 07:25:00 PM »

Holly cockballs.  Thanks, guys.

Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2006, 02:24:50 AM »

Holly cockballs. Thanks, guys.

rofl rofl rofl

I don't know if it has anything to do with the vicoden i started taking today, but that shit just cracked me up!!!

All men betray. All lose heart!

(The Leper / Robert the 16th Earl of Bruce (portrayed by Ian Bannen), speaking to his son, Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce in a scene concerning the betrayal Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce committed toward William Wallace; Chapter 15-Lands of Death-2:13:57; Braveheart, 1995; written by Randall Wallace)

I don't want to lose heart!...I want to believe

(Robert the 17th Earl of Bruce, (portrayed by Angus McFadyen) responding to his father (The Leper / Robert the 16th Earl of Bruce)'s nonchalant attitude toward betrayal; Chapter 15-Lands of Death-2:14:02; Braveheart, 1995; written by Randall Wallace)

That part gives me goosebumps.
Fucking brilliant.  ok
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2006, 11:34:11 AM »

whats this song about anyways ?

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #250 on: March 19, 2006, 11:38:41 AM »

I always thought it was about Axl wiching Slash & Duff well on their future endevors.

But who knows.

kunzerd
VIP

5/12/06, 5/17/06, 11/10/06, 11/26/11, 2/10/12,

« Reply #251 on: March 19, 2006, 03:50:10 PM »

if you want to take the song very literally, and it could be true, it seems that the song is about axel striving to still be gnr after gnr was done, and to fight to continue to make new music regardless of what everyone tells him, or how much time has past.

'i want be told anymore,
that ive been brought down in this storm,
and left so far out from the shore,
that i cant find my way back anymore'

"always thought it was about Axl wiching Slash & Duff well on their future endevors."/

i never really thought about that before, but that would make sense of the other part of the chorus:

'if we ever find it soon,
that we have the strength to choose
to free the ball and chain
we hold together'

you could interpret that as him talking about them still trying to make music independantly with out the stigma of gnr hanging over them.

other then that, i think every other song is about stephanie seymour, or maybe stephanie seymour and the band, basically it seems like axel thinks everyones done him wrong

« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 03:52:37 PM by kunzerd » Logged

12/06/02 - Philly RIOT
5/12/06 - Hammerstein, NY
5/17/06 - Hammerstein, NY
11/10/06 - MSG
11/26/11 - Camden. NJ
2/10/12 - Roseland Ballroom, NY
2/24/12 - HoB, AC, NJ
6/12/13 - Quebec
7/14/16 -
DCGNR2006
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2006, 03:30:22 PM »

Does anyone think the Movie Quotes and strange sequence in the middle of Madagascar will be removed for the album?
Just about everyone who has ever heard this song thinks it to be a great, creepy, power-ballad type a la Zeppelin or something,
and just about everyone looks confused when the movie quotes & MLK start speaking.

I actually hope they keep it in at this point, only because I'm so damn used to it -
misterID
"Enlightened"
Banned
Legend

I did not have sexual relations with that llama

« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2006, 03:52:56 PM »

At first I thought Madagascar was their best song. Since the leaks I have to say Maddy is a strong filler.

GNR delusion disorder, there is help for you.
http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/forum.php
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2006, 04:38:46 PM »

I can understand some people may not like Madagascar Because of one thing: the rythm box instead of real drums. I think it's a huge mistake for this song. Madagascar doesn't sound the best it can. They should use real drums and a different tempo. If I were Axl, I wouldn't use a rythm box. However the keyboard intro+ the middle with speachs sound great.
An advice: download "the blues", especially the RIO 2001 version, the best one ever of that song. This is the best new gn'r song IMO.

we have only heard the live version, wait for the studio.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2006, 11:17:32 PM »

It's a great song, the best of the new songs before the recent leaks. Still strong, definitely not filler in any way. I still love it.
McDuff
« Reply #256 on: March 25, 2006, 01:15:05 AM »

I like most of the new songs but I can't stand Madagascar,I don't know why,I hope the studio version will be better than the live version  peace
HungerForChaos
Rocker

Not Here Yesterday...

« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2006, 01:27:58 AM »

At first I thought Madagascar was their best song. Since the leaks I have to say Maddy is a strong filler.
How about more like a weak epic? Definately not filler material, it's better than that. Smiley
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #258 on: March 25, 2006, 02:42:46 AM »

i love the song, it reminds me of later zeppelin

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #259 on: March 25, 2006, 02:48:05 AM »

maddy is one of the best new songs to be heard.its intro is so mezmarizing,the movie quotes are not different to what gnr have done in the past.look at civil war,kohd and some others i cant think of.i say keep them.  peace

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: