Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 03:47:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113237 times)
RichardNixon
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2005, 08:21:26 PM »

I know I am in a minority, but I love "Silk Worms," cool as shit. Madagascar is allready a GN'R classic, as far as I am concerned.
Evolution
« Reply #201 on: December 21, 2005, 09:32:31 PM »

I know I am in a minority, but I love "Silk Worms,"

Makes two of us. The interlude in the middle is great. As is the intro. Just needs a little work  ok
Mr. Sinister
« Reply #202 on: December 22, 2005, 04:56:08 AM »

Madagascar is alright - I loved the scaled back version at RIR3, but I felt that the newer 02 version just had too many effects on it... And I get the feeling that we're going to get a less-impressive version similar to that one. Axl also dramatically changed his vocal melodies for the 02 version, something I didn't care for.

As for the rest of the songs:

Rhiad rocks. A killer rave up, and if they worked a bit on song's structure, it'd be a great way to start a new album.

Oh My God is great, unlikely to make the cut, but a super aggressive and excellent tune. I hope it shows up, either in its original or a remixed format with Fortus doing a solo.

The Blues is genius. Better than NR or Estranged, in my opinion... Sacriledge, I know - But I feel that the song packs more of an emotional punch in a much shorter amount of time, as far as piano ballads go, and doesn't sound over-the-top like November Rain.

The other 2 new songs, CD and Silkworms, I'm pretty indifferent toward.
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #203 on: December 22, 2005, 05:17:33 AM »

1. IRS !!!! This song kick ass.
2. The Blues
3. Madagascar
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Rhiad
-
-
-
101. Silkworms. (It just sucks)

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #204 on: December 22, 2005, 06:43:43 AM »

1. IRS !!!! This song kick ass.
2. The Blues
3. Madagascar
4. Chinese Democracy
5. Rhiad
-
-
-
101. Silkworms. (It just sucks)

I almost agree, just put Rhiad down with silkworms and you have "the ultimate truth" ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2005, 06:49:50 AM »

1 )The blues (amazing)
2) IRS (energetic)
3) Rhiad (guys, it's a great tune!)
4) Madagascar (epic)
5) Chinese Democracy (average)
Silkworms (that's not GN'R)

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
highend88
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #206 on: December 22, 2005, 07:42:57 AM »

You'll hear "an amazing scream " from the great AXL on IRS.
Better and harder than the one he did on WTTJ.

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
'Cause worrin's a waste of my fuckin time
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #207 on: December 22, 2005, 08:34:31 AM »

You'll hear "an amazing scream " from the great AXL on IRS.
Better and harder than the one he did on WTTJ.
The one he did on the demo is already impressive! If he has to re-recorded it, maybe it will be even better by using a vibrato in his voice. It's a vocal technic used by the opera singers. It sounds THE BEST for that kind of long scream.?But it's not easy without beeing out of key. It needs lots of takes in studio.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 08:38:26 AM by nesquick » Logged

jmapelian
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: December 22, 2005, 10:02:46 AM »

I've listened to it (Maddy) a few time and it's probably the best of the new stuff I've heard, that along with the Blues.  Of course IMO, that ain't saying much.  Comparing those songs to say AFD or the Illusion albums, they would be filler at best on the Illusion albums and wouldn't make AFD.

As for Rhiad, Silkworms and Oh My God, hate it, can't listen to it, sucks balls, sounds like jumbled noise.  Chi Dem is a little better than sucking balls.

After hearing those songs a few times, I fully understand why Axl hasn't released the album yet.  Because if the rest of the new material he's come up with sounds anything like the 6 songs off it I've heard since original GnR was disbanded, CD will be one of the worst rock(?) albums of all time and complete and utter waiste of time and money.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #209 on: December 22, 2005, 02:55:34 PM »

I've listened to it (Maddy) a few time and it's probably the best of the new stuff I've heard, that along with the Blues.? Of course IMO, that ain't saying much.? Comparing those songs to say AFD or the Illusion albums, they would be filler at best on the Illusion albums and wouldn't make AFD.

As for Rhiad, Silkworms and Oh My God, hate it, can't listen to it, sucks balls, sounds like jumbled noise.? Chi Dem is a little better than sucking balls.

After hearing those songs a few times, I fully understand why Axl hasn't released the album yet.? Because if the rest of the new material he's come up with sounds anything like the 6 songs off it I've heard since original GnR was disbanded, CD will be one of the worst rock(?) albums of all time and complete and utter waiste of time and money.

Madagasar and the blues would easily make AFD, They are better than anything goes, my michelle, think about you, you're crazy, just to name a few.? Madagascar, the blues, IRS are all better than 90% of the crap they play on the radio right now.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #210 on: December 22, 2005, 05:13:15 PM »

They be better in your opiniom, but they wouldn't have fit on AFD - totally different sound

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Kaybee
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #211 on: December 22, 2005, 07:16:23 PM »

I absolutely love The Blues, and Madagascar is great, the other ones I like but they're not incredible.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #212 on: December 22, 2005, 07:18:28 PM »

I actually have a little problem with madagascar: The hip-Hop beats.Why not using real drums? It would sound much better.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 07:57:10 PM by nesquick » Logged

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #213 on: December 22, 2005, 07:30:50 PM »

Some of my friends said GNR never was gonna release "great music" again. But when i played Madagascar for them, they was blown away! We listen to it in every party! And they are beginning to ask me alot of question on the new Line up and stuff.. thats great!? Finally got them interested..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #214 on: December 22, 2005, 08:12:03 PM »

Some of my friends said GNR never was gonna release "great music" again. But when i played Madagascar for them, they was blown away! We listen to it in every party! And they are beginning to ask me alot of question on the new Line up and stuff.. thats great!? Finally got them interested..

nytunz...that's great to hear.  I've had the same reaction from my buddies.  Madagascar definitely gets the interest going.  It's tough enough nowadays to even get people to give Axl a chance.  He hasn't just burned bridges...he's nuked them.  hihi

Seriously, Madagascar has the most "studio-like" feel of all the new songs, and I think this is why it's usually received as the best upon initial hear.  I'm so damn interested to see which songs I'll like best after hearing the studio versions.  I honestly feel The Blues and IRS will be tops, followed closely by Maddy.  We'll see!!!  I hope.  Cry

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #215 on: December 22, 2005, 08:14:57 PM »

IRS could have a huge impact as a Rocker. Even the poor quality demo kicks serious ass!

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #216 on: December 22, 2005, 08:33:08 PM »

madagascar, Chinese Democracy, and Rhiad are my favorites. I can't honestly remember the blues (or enjoying it for that matter). i have to listen to silkworms again too.

From what some guy said (can't remember who) he heard the album its almost complete and there are 4 rockers and 8 that suck.

The new stuff isnt the same but i like it

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2005, 10:10:27 PM »

They are better than anything goes, my michelle, think about you, you're crazy, just to name a few.

Id agree with you on being better than Anything Goes, but beyond that your wrongfully overlooking alot of classic songs.

Madagascar, the blues, IRS are all better than 90% of the crap they play on the radio right now

That I can agree with hands down, modern radio sucks beyond sucking.

They be better in your opiniom, but they wouldn't have fit on AFD - totally different sound

Ultimately, it's like Jimmy said though..

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: December 23, 2005, 12:28:41 AM »

I love "Madagascar" and "The Blues".  I also enjoyed "Chinese Democracy".  But am I the only one that wasn't that impressed w/ "I.R.S."  Possibly a good song but can't really give it two thumbs up  ok  ok without hearing a better recording.  This is Guns N Roses. A great band not just a good one.
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #219 on: December 23, 2005, 01:31:31 AM »

I think Maddy is a really good song--not better than the earlier stuff (hey Dave, you paying attention?), but still a solid, catchy tune. The Blues is good  also, but I really prefer the more  rock n' roll stuff as opposed  to ballads, so Chinese  Democracy is ok. But not close to previous rockers. I would  prefer more pure rockers. And as I have expressed many times before, the techno/industrial  shit  (Rhiad, Silkworms, even OMG) is not worth listening to. Axl are you listening to what your fans  are  telling you?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: