Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 11:24:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228477 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 113125 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #140 on: January 31, 2005, 07:51:47 PM »

On the contrary, Oh my god, Chinese democracy, Riyadh are my cups.
I would really love to know how the hell Rhiad (or however its spelled) is in a soundboard version. This is my favourite along with Maddie and The Blues, but we only have poor versions... Yet, it sounds really amazing and full of cool details.
Really hope for the release of the studio version. Don't care if it's gonna be on the CD tracklist, I would be happy if it's gonna be only a b-side.  beer

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #141 on: January 31, 2005, 07:59:55 PM »

Hi, Voodoochild, Isn't that Osaka one a soundboard version?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #142 on: January 31, 2005, 09:28:11 PM »

Hi, Voodoochild, Isn't that Osaka one a soundboard version?
No, it's a mix with the regular bootleg (an excelent record) and the Axl's Ear Monitor Mix source. It's pretty good, but it's not recorded direct from the soundboard (with the stereo pan and the CD quality).  Embarrassed

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #143 on: January 31, 2005, 11:39:15 PM »

I love Madagscar, I might even take it (slightly) over The Blues, however it's very close. Those two are my fav new GNR songs, i've always been more a fan of slower, deep rocl songs though. Out of all the diff versions of Maddy I have heard (about 6 diff live versions) my fav is the one from Albany, NYC '02. I've never seen the song in mp3 from that show but I have the DVD and it is an amazing performance, Axl doesn't hit any notes wrong and it has all the newer effects (that weren't present in the Rio version from '01). This is another new GNR song (along with The Blues) that makes the hairs stand up on my neck  ok I think the samples work really well and are relevent to the songs meaning (at least what I interpret the meaning of the song to be).

About the heavier new GNR songs:
Def download 'Rhiad', that and CD are great rock songs, however i'm not feelin 'Silkworms' at all  no
I would like a decent quality mp3 of Rhiad actually, I think the one I have is from House of Blues and is quite poor quality. I know someone posted a video but i'm on dial up so that could take a while. How many times was this song performed live anyway? Was it performed on any of the '02 shows??

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #144 on: February 01, 2005, 12:37:32 AM »

Def download 'Rhiad', that and CD are great rock songs, however i'm not feelin 'Silkworms' at all  no
I would like a decent quality mp3 of Rhiad actually, I think the one I have is from House of Blues and is quite poor quality. I know someone posted a video but i'm on dial up so that could take a while. How many times was this song performed live anyway? Was it performed on any of the '02 shows??
Ok, for everyone who wants the better version of Rhiad, I uploaded the Osaka Mix (can't remember the guy who made it, but here's my cheers for this excellent job!): just right click HERE.
If it doesn't work, try to left click HERE.
The song was perfomed in Las Vegas 2001 and Osaka, Tokyo, Pukkelpop, Docklands and Detroit in 2002.  smoking

GNFNR_UK
Rocker

I want to believe...

« Reply #145 on: February 01, 2005, 01:16:19 AM »

Def download 'Rhiad', that and CD are great rock songs, however i'm not feelin 'Silkworms' at all? no
Ok, for everyone who wants the better version of Rhiad, I uploaded the Osaka Mix (can't remember the guy who made it, but here's my cheers for this excellent job!): just right click HERE.
If it doesn't work, try to left click HERE.
The song was perfomed in Las Vegas 2001 and Osaka, Tokyo, Pukkelpop, Docklands and Detroit in 2002.? smoking

Thanks for the info and uploading the song for us Voodoo Child, appreciated  ok
This is much better than the version I had.

'This is just a horrible divorce, now he (Axl) is looking for a new wife.  His ex wife, Duff and Slash, are remarried and happy' - Smoking Guns on the break up of the original GNR.
coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #146 on: February 01, 2005, 01:43:01 AM »

Okay we have heard the  few "new" songs from gnr.  Axl I believe said one time that he was not going to let the big guns out, until the cd is in our hands.  Can you imagine, if he wasn't talking out of his ass, which I dont think, in no way a intelligent guy like Axl would do.  Come on people, Maddy is the most epic, emotional song we have heard since the illusions.  Grunge didn't give us  hope just a big fuck you.  Sorry a little rant for what I think deluded everything rock and distorted a view in rock and roll and laid the ground work for sloppy untalented wankers who cried and moaned, played three cords and never took a bath.  Anyways like I was saying we haven't heard anything like this, and more exciting than that we havent even heard it from the studio.  This song is gorgeous, even though it probably wont even be a single, I could see this playing in non stop rotation.  This song if done right could be the 'stairway to heaven' of this generation.  I mean at times it sounds a little vintage, a little zeppelinish.  Anyways I hope they do add real percussion, I mean you can't beat the realy thing,as far as I am concerned maybe because I am a drummer.  Oh and another thing I hope they leave the voices on the end part, this brings so much power and depth, I believe this one is going to be huge, along with the "big guns".    drool  peace
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #147 on: February 01, 2005, 02:14:01 AM »

I think Madagascar is about the old band members.  It has clips of Civil War's "What we have here is Failure to communicate."  And Axl goes on saying "bless them for they may grow old".  Stuff like that makes me think in some way he's thinking of the old band members and trying not to hold to much against them.  Even though in some of the newer concerts he seems pretty pissed about his past "friends".
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2005, 08:51:14 AM »

i still cant get over the fact that not many people around here like silk worms....i think the song is great. i put it ahead of rhiad. Rhiad kicks ass musically i want stsudiossssssssssss

i LOVE silkworms.. its such a badass song.. i love yelling out the lyrics whenever i can.. "LISTEN MOTHER FUCKERS TO THE SONG THAT SHOULD BE HEARD!!!"

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
leesixxrose
Banned
VIP

I love Kiki

« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2005, 09:14:35 AM »

I havent yet heard silk worms or the blues but i do want to so i can judge hius current new stuff more. I dont know Madagascar just doesnt do it for me Sad

Dont waste your time with Silk worms.. its not worth it... its pure SHIT... Its CRAP CRAP CRAP.. The worst shit ever to come under the GnR name..

The Blues is ok.. Its another sappy piano ballad, Piano ballads are not that hard to write i dont think that we need another one.. Is like "poor mans november rain"  November Rain is awsome, Estranged is awsome.. Breakdown is great.. The blues is just not all that everyone says it is..

Madacascar is just ok also..

in my opinion "Oh My God" is the best new song from Axl.. Im still waiting for the Big Guns..
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2005, 09:25:53 AM »

I havent yet heard silk worms or the blues but i do want to so i can judge hius current new stuff more. I dont know Madagascar just doesnt do it for me Sad

Dont waste your time with Silk worms.. its not worth it... its pure SHIT... Its CRAP CRAP CRAP.. The worst shit ever to come under the GnR name..

The Blues is ok.. Its another sappy piano ballad, Piano ballads are not that hard to write i dont think that we need another one.. Is like "poor mans november rain"? November Rain is awsome, Estranged is awsome.. Breakdown is great.. The blues is just not all that everyone says it is..

Madacascar is just ok also..

in my opinion "Oh My God" is the best new song from Axl.. Im still waiting for the Big Guns..

madagascar is better than breakdown.

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2005, 10:25:13 AM »

Grunge didn't give us? hope just a big fuck you.? Sorry a little rant for what I think deluded everything rock and distorted a view in rock and roll and laid the ground work for sloppy untalented wankers who cried and moaned, played three cords and never took a bath.

rofl

I think Madagascar is about the old band members...

I feel that way too.? Someone posted in one of the past Madagascar threads - and I agree - that it could actually be considered a continuation of or sequel to "Estranged"

Well I jumped into the river
Too many times to make it home
I'm out here on my own, an drifting all alone
If it doesn't show give it time
To read between the lines
'Cause I see the storm getting closer
And the waves they get so high

Seems everything We've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die

then...

I won't be told anymore
that I been brought down in this storm
and left so far out from the shore
thant I can't find my way back
(my way) anymore

------------

something that I always notice when the fans are speaking about the songs... and the various 'favorites' that are expressed
Axl with the new Guns N' Roses has succeeded in doing something that the original GN'R band's songs have done/do...
that is to appeal to such a wide variety of personal tastes - there is 'something for everyone' even in the small spectrum of 5 or 6 songs!
That's awesome.? I expect as much from the 'melting pot' album that Axl has described that is to be "Chinese Democracy"
To hear every range of human emotion expressed from anger and resentment and the journey through acceptance of change and overcoming the odds triumphantly - a journey of becoming free.

That is a theme that I have picked up on in "The Blues" and "Chinese Democracy" and "Ryhiad" and "Oh My God" and "Madagascar" and yes... even in"Silkworms"? Wink

not to get too philosophical here (jeez don't even know if i spelled "'philosophical" correctly! hehe)...
but in life that is, to me, the greatest challenge - to truly become "free"....? ?something that is only accomplished by seeing the light/ the truth, etc.

In the Blues we hear "What I thought was true before were lies I couldn't see... what I thought was beautiful was only memories"
In Madagascar - "oooh and free them so that they may know - that its never too late"
"for the many times what seemed like a memory - I searched and found the ways you used to lure me in... oh... I found the way - of why it had to be... mired in denial and so afraid"? (I realixe the lyrics may be off a word or two but the intented meaning is not lost).
Its all about becoming free from realizing the truth - from recognizing the reality of things, people, and situations in our lives
whether the lyric is "freed of ball and chain" or "freed of all the pain"...? the meaning is there very clearly.

Axl has been through a journey.? As many of us go through in life.
He is at a point where he wants to share what he's learned.
In Silkworms... "listen motherfuckers to this song that should be heard"...
the aggresive lyrics are of someone who is frustated (what can I do..?) with someone in their lives that won't own up to what he sees as 'the truth'
"You know that it?s true
All I have I ask of you I'll be dammed If it?s not true"

Oh My God - again the anger and frustration of what is obscured and destroyed by lies
the whole song repeats this over and over...

It's not as you're thinking
Or as you've imagined
To live in the shade
Of beliefs that were fashioned
To leave you in slavery
And drain out your soul
But what can i do when
There's so many liars
That crawl through your veins
Like millions of spiders
--------------------? ? listen, read...? lies enslave you - seeing the truth sets you free
That seek out their victims
And who is the wiser
Watch out
Gotcha -

Oh my God, I can't deny this
I've been taught just to kill and fight this
to? bury it deeper
where nobody can find it
like nobody wanted to know............................. wanted to know what?? the truth

.............................. he speaks out against those that would conceal or hide the truth = that would leave you in slavery

ooh, if it opens your eyes

this is repeated throughout the song - the truth opens your eyes... it makes you free
without this we can not 'heal'

well... haa! enough.
Axl is an amazing lyricist/composer...

though a wide variety of forms of music he expresses things that we can all relate to
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 10:30:37 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #152 on: February 01, 2005, 10:32:21 AM »

had to add...

consider also "Rhyiad"

he speaks of frustration and salvation....
from lies

edit:? while I'm at it...? Chinese Democracy is about the struggle to become free also Wink
« Last Edit: February 01, 2005, 10:38:56 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #153 on: February 01, 2005, 10:39:25 AM »

many feels oh my god is about traumas too,? peace
come back an haunt you- confused - bury it deeper where nobody can't find it and yeah,

-the refrences to the past in newgnr -songs, gotta love the package? ok

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2005, 10:41:58 AM »

And Axl goes on saying "bless them for they may grow old". ?Stuff like that makes me think in some way he's thinking of the old band members and trying not to hold to much against them. ?Even though in some of the newer concerts he seems pretty pissed about his past "friends".
I agree. Although he probably doesnt want to have anything to do with them, I think he has moved on and probably doesnt wish bad upon them. As for the rants, I think he truly gets upset becuase in his eyes {whether he is right or wrong} they have lied to the press and fans. So when discussing old gnr stuff he gets heated.

that is to appeal to such a wide variety of personal tastes - there is 'something for everyone' even in the small spectrum of 5 or 6 songs!
Excellent point. I was thinking about that the other day. We have a handful of songs and each song is someone elses' #1,etc.

That's awesome. ?I expect as much from the 'melting pot' album that Axl has described that is to be "Chinese Democracy"
To hear every range of human emotion expressed from anger and resentment and the journey through acceptance of change and overcoming the odds triumphantly - a journey of becoming free.
Thats why Axl is great and I have all the confidence in the world with him. Hereconizes the fact that he has a large fanbase and he tries to please everyone with different types of songs. And at the same time, if the song calls for it, he is able to add quality and meanigful lyrics to it.

The lyrics on CD are going to be absolutely priceless. And then throw in all the screams, tones and everything else Axl does....FUGEDABOUDIT....if the band was able to mesh and capture a distinct sound then.....its over....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Sakib
Legend

Batman is sexy

« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2005, 01:16:20 PM »

They're all fucking gr8. but in order of wikud songs, here's mine;

1) THE BLUES
2) MADAGASCAR
3) RHIAD AND BEDOUINS
4) SILKWORMS
5) CHINESE DEMOCRACY

Excuse me standing on one leg, I'm half-caste. Explain yuself wha u mean when u say half-caste, u mean when picasso, mix red and green is a half caste canvas?
Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2005, 01:34:26 PM »

1) THE BLUES
2) MADAGASCAR
3) RHIAD AND BEDOUINS
4) SILKWORMS
5) CHINESE DEMOCRACY

funny how we all have our own personal taste, mine would be

1- madagascar
2-rhiad and the bedouins
3-the blues
4-chidem
5-silkworms

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2005, 01:43:35 PM »

silk worms (4 the potential)
madagascar
oh my god
the blues
rhiad\chinese democracy shares

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2005, 01:49:55 PM »

1) THE BLUES
2) MADAGASCAR
3) RHIAD AND BEDOUINS
4) SILKWORMS
5) CHINESE DEMOCRACY

funny how we all have our own personal taste, mine would be

1- madagascar
2-rhiad and the bedouins
3-the blues
4-chidem
5-silkworms

to continue this:

1) madagascar
2) chinese democrazy
3) the blues
4) rhiad
5) silkworms

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2005, 02:52:17 PM »

funny how we all have our own personal taste
We are GN'R fans. What else can you expect?  hihi
That?s one of the true charms of GNR fandom. Like band, like fandom. Multistructured all the way.

Here's mine.
1) RHIAD AND BEDOUINS / CHINESE DEMOCRACY
3) SILKWORMS /  MADAGASCAR
5) THE BLUES
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: