Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 10:13:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Madagascar
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 105850 times)
whiny
Rocker

a boy with urban needs, plant him some urban seeds

« Reply #540 on: April 02, 2007, 05:37:36 AM »

i think the raspy vocals are not gonna make this one better; madagascar was one of my favs for a long time... but during the last tour, the blues and madagacar have gotten "new vocals", which i don't like too much; for the old and heavier new songs this raspy voice is perfect... but now madagascar sounds like tom waits gone wild... it's too exaggerated and over the top. kinda like a caricature of gnr by axl himself. hope he changes those vox... there's more to offer than the 2 extremes of "helium"-axl and this "i smoke 29 cigars a day"-voice, i hope...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 06:00:43 AM by whiny » Logged

"The universe is shaped exactly like the earth -
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were"
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #541 on: April 02, 2007, 05:52:19 AM »

Some people tend to get lost with their usual overanalysis and forget that a demo is an unfinished track and that maybe the final version will sound different. I could be wrong but I think it?s pretty normal that bands record different versions of a song to try different things or some kinda arrangements.That?s what demos are for, or atleast that?s what I?ve always heard,but my knowledge of recordings and stuff is quite little so I could be wrong.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
badapple81
« Reply #542 on: April 02, 2007, 05:56:52 AM »

Song is amazing.

Guitars are mindblowing.

It's clearly a demo with a once over with Axl's vocals. When they are engineered a bit raspier it will sound awesome. The second verse gives me goosebumps and the lead up to the middle part with the quotes.

I guess a little of the 'wow' factor was taken out because you kinda know what to expect from hearing it live. I bet the final version will just be mindblowing, but again the wow factor is taken off as we have heard this, which is the bad thing about the leaks. Great now but the feeling of listening to this awesome song for the first time when the CD comes out won't be there. Although I won't be able to help myself if there are, I pray for no more unheard song leaks.
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #543 on: April 02, 2007, 06:04:18 AM »

Song is amazing.

Guitars are mindblowing.

drums are great. really impressed with the power behind it; the song will be even more powerful, when it's mixed properly... the vocals and the (not-)mixing are what make this version nothing but a demo...

Johnny Lomax
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #544 on: April 02, 2007, 08:57:47 AM »

The ndrums sond very like Bonham Esspecially the breakdown befoe The  sample collage..It is reminiscent of When the Lecvee Breaks from ZepIV
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #545 on: April 02, 2007, 09:22:14 AM »

This was a recording from before the 2002 tour.....maybe even way before that. They used the end of that song as a clip to promote the boston show in 2002.

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #546 on: April 02, 2007, 10:09:37 AM »

Axl needs to lose the soundbytes. Seriously, MLK and the rest just sound dated and cheesy.

I don't like the intro to CD, I don't like the soundbytes here. I think they are masberatory and self important. AFD and Lies were great albums without any of these overpowering voice samples. RQ did have the moaning and whatnot, but not to this degree.

Also, didn't we get enough of the "What we've got here..." in Civil War, I mean C'mon!!!

My wife actually liked TWAT, Better and IRS. However, she literally laughed out loud at Madagascar. When the soundbytes cut in, she cracked-up, covered her mouth and said "I'm sorry baby, but that sucks."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2007, 10:15:56 AM by Oh My Choking Soul » Logged

Death Cube K
« Reply #547 on: April 02, 2007, 10:23:38 AM »

You are right, it doesn't even have Buckethead on there.

Bullocks. I hear a very BH done solo during the speech section....at one point in there theres no doubt its him.
JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #548 on: April 02, 2007, 10:27:21 AM »

... it's too exaggerated and over the top. kinda like a caricature of gnr by axl himself. hope he changes those vox... there's more to offer than the 2 extremes of "helium"-axl and this "i smoke 29 cigars a day"-voice, i hope...

I thought the same sing.  It almost sounds like the Russian Roulette sings Maddy version thats on Youtube.  But I like it overall, anything "new" from the studio is going to get me excited. 

Chinese Democracy sounds like its going to be a killer tune.

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #549 on: April 02, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »

You are right, it doesn't even have Buckethead on there.

Bullocks. I hear a very BH done solo during the speech section....at one point in there theres no doubt its him.

Yeah, some vintage BH licks there, no doubt. Great solo.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #550 on: April 02, 2007, 10:31:27 AM »

Axl needs to lose the soundbytes. Seriously, MLK and the rest just sound dated and cheesy.

I don't like the intro to CD, I don't like the soundbytes here. I think they are masberatory and self important. AFD and Lies were great albums without any of these overpowering voice samples. RQ did have the moaning and whatnot, but not to this degree.

Also, didn't we get enough of the "What we've got here..." in Civil War, I mean C'mon!!!

My wife actually liked TWAT, Better and IRS. However, she literally laughed out loud at Madagascar. When the soundbytes cut in, she cracked-up, covered her mouth and said "I'm sorry baby, but that sucks."

To each his or her own.  I think it helps make the song.  The song tells a story.  The lyrics are powerful stuff.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #551 on: April 02, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »

It's hard to tell how old this is but I'm thinking this is '04-'06 because in the beginning there are the two violin thingys, the added guitar solo from 1:57 to 2:27 and the new end solo that can be heard from 2:33 to 2:50 and 4:49 to 5:50 all these can be heard in the '06 version but not in the '01-'02 versions, and the main solo sounds like the solo Fortus plays, nothing like the solos Bucket did.

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #552 on: April 02, 2007, 10:50:50 AM »

... it's too exaggerated and over the top. kinda like a caricature of gnr by axl himself. hope he changes those vox... there's more to offer than the 2 extremes of "helium"-axl and this "i smoke 29 cigars a day"-voice, i hope...

I thought the same sing.? It almost sounds like the Russian Roulette sings Maddy version thats on Youtube. ? But I like it overall, anything "new" from the studio is going to get me excited.?

rofl that was exactly the same thing what I thought when I first heard it....I was like wtf? russian roulette??? hihi
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #553 on: April 02, 2007, 11:12:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure theres no Buckethead on this song.
whiny
Rocker

« Reply #554 on: April 02, 2007, 11:33:24 AM »

This was a recording from before the 2002 tour.....maybe even way before that. They used the end of that song as a clip to promote the boston show in 2002.

are you sure or just speculating?

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #555 on: April 02, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »

Ssssspeculating.

whiny
Rocker

« Reply #556 on: April 02, 2007, 11:40:51 AM »

when the final mixing is done, the samples will sound cool; now - that's true - they are much, much louder than the solo, which makes this part quite a mess...

JuicySwoos
VIP

Thatwhy

« Reply #557 on: April 02, 2007, 12:18:42 PM »

I thought the same sing.? It almost sounds like the Russian Roulette sings Maddy version thats on Youtube. ? But I like it overall, anything "new" from the studio is going to get me excited.?

rofl that was exactly the same thing what I thought when I first heard it....I was like wtf? russian roulette??? hihi

I am glad i wasn't the only one....haha....maybe Russian has had this demo for awhile, hence the similarities....or maybe axl himself was just so impressed by Russian's version it he decided to go with it......(jokes)

2002- Minneapolis, MN
2006- Ames, IA
2006- Minneapolis, MN
2011- Minneapolis, MN
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2012- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Las Vegas, NV
2016- Chicago, IL
2017- Minnea
Skinflick
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #558 on: April 02, 2007, 12:43:53 PM »

Ssssspeculating.

If anyone has the promo like most of us do, just listen to it........I ain't speculating......I'll bet $ on it. RIGHT NOW!

NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR FUCKIN' SHINEBOX!!!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #559 on: April 02, 2007, 01:09:13 PM »

Ssssspeculating.

If anyone has the promo like most of us do, just listen to it........I ain't speculating......I'll bet $ on it. RIGHT NOW!

These songs consist of different parts recorded over the years. Just because one part is from 02 doesn't mean the whole recording is.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: