Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:37:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51236 times)
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2007, 04:13:36 AM »

1- That is gonna end soon, anyway, why do you think that the delay is strictly because of the absence of Slash/Duff/Matt?
(I'm not talking about the lawsuites they lost hihi I'm talking about musical/artisitic reasons)

2- What is the difference, until now, with Slash/Duff/Matt? Do they have release worth a damn without Axl?  hihi

3- I dont care about YOUR opinion about TWAT being ''ordinary''... I am unable to care, since you're a VR fan... in fact, its very funny to hear something like that from your mouth

4- The only reason (I know its an enormous one) because TWAT is out of place in that list is because there is not a finished studio version yet. And that's it.

1 - Is it? I don't think Axl's album is any closer to seeing the light of day. In fact, I doubt it ever will. Either way, the fact remains that it's taken him over a decade to even reach this point without Slash and Duff (and Izz, of course).

2- Yes. Contraband was a commercial success, and, more importantly, it's an album that I still listen to regularly after four years of heavy listening. It's better than UYI2, Snakepit or any of Izzy's solo stuff, imo.

3- Tough shit. I can't remember the last time I listed to TWAT. I think it's ordinary. I also find it amusing that you use it so often as an example of how Velvet Revolver is mediocre.

4- There's that reason. But also because it's ordinary.

ok
Holy cow with big titties, what have you been  smoking

Slash probably made the comment to get more media exposure, which will be good for Libertad.

UYI 1 and 2 are way better than Contraband. STP's stuff is better than Contraband. Izzy's stuff is better than Contraband. Contraband has some good songs, but most of it feels really rushed.. which makes it a poor album overall. It's really repetitive.

That said, my hopes for Libertad are high however. I already like Get Out The Door and She Mine more than some of the new GnR songs and I do think VR can pull off something great. But Contraband just wasn't it  Tongue

The only songs I like from Contraband are Fall To Pieces and Slither.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 04:20:26 AM by Lethalis » Logged
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #201 on: April 28, 2007, 02:00:08 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

The Axl Rose Band  2001-onwards

Velvet Revolver 2003- onwards

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #202 on: April 28, 2007, 02:01:46 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

nice "facts".   your sig is so true.
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #203 on: April 28, 2007, 02:13:39 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

Well, let's see...ten years since Slash left, and you still can't stop crying over him? I haven't seen him come up with a solo as good as anything from 1987-1993, and I think it's good he left. These days his playing is bland as fuck and I really don't care for it. Plus, he's 41 and still HATES the CONCEPT of making slower songs.

Slash, I hate your present self, and loved your past self.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2007, 04:36:04 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

you know what is sad? if I just say ''fuck you'' to you, I would be the one with more negative karma or banned, but YOU are the one that should be out of this forum, simply because this is a Guns N' Roses forum, and stating that 1985-1994 ''basic fact'' you're insulting my favourite band, which is at the same time the band this forum is dedicated to.

Find a message board dedicated to the fraudboy's band and stay there. If you cant find one, I can help you out.

After this little explanation: FUCK YOU

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »

Chill the fuck out, clear enough?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2007, 05:20:49 PM »

Ok, but why dont you warn the guy that insulted Guns N' Roses and all its true fans, uh?

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2007, 05:25:17 PM »

Ok, but why dont you warn the guy that insulted Guns N' Roses and all its true fans, uh?

Where did he insult you personally?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: April 29, 2007, 01:45:07 AM »

estanbanf its just a band build a bridge dude, fraudboy? who are u referring to there if its scott weiland how can u pass judgement on sum1 u dont even kno. i tell ya sum fans are way to obsessed
Demon Wolf
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #209 on: April 29, 2007, 08:20:42 AM »

I also felt that most of Contraband was rushed. There seems to be no real effort behind the songs there.

There is a riff that is used in the intro and during the verses, then comes a refrain with three or four long chords, back to the riff, riff still going during the verse, another refrain... and to top it off comes the Slash solo over the refrain chords. A final refrain, and maybe back to the riff.

rant

My, what a lot of smilies. Do you post as 'Funeral' over at MYGNR?  hihi

UYI2 is full of bloated shit, imo. I doubt I'd ever listen to it if it weren't for YCBM. The first six songs? Which should I pick first? The embarrassingly bad Get In The Ring or Shotgun Blues? The hilariously bad Dylan cover? Yesterdays ... possibly the lamest song GnR ever recorded?

GNR are my fav band of all time, but that album has really not aged well with me. Yes, I much prefer Contraband.

But you're right about one thing, champ ... you're losing.  ok

Civil War alone is better than all the tracks on Contraband.

Pretty Tied Up, Locomotive, Estranged, Breakdown, You Could Be Mine...

You can't be fuckin serious.  nervous
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 08:23:36 AM by Demon Wolf » Logged

Here today...gone to China to bring back Democracy!

- My covers of If The World n' Catcher In The Rye - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FOfNxtBjQbQ&feature=channel_page
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #210 on: April 29, 2007, 03:01:48 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

The Axl Rose Band? 2001-onwards

you know what is sad? if I just say ''fuck you'' to you, I would be the one with more negative karma or banned, but YOU are the one that should be out of this forum, simply because this is a Guns N' Roses forum, and stating that 1985-1994 ''basic fact'' you're insulting my favourite band, which is at the same time the band this forum is dedicated to.

Find a message board dedicated to the fraudboy's band and stay there. If you cant find one, I can help you out.

l never even insulted u Roll Eyes , l was only giving my opinion of The Axl Rose Band, if anyone thinks that Axl's new band is Guns N Roses then? u obviously have no respect for what Slash had done for the band, l am so disgusted with Axl Rose he could have ocntinued to go on with Slash and make more than 1 G'N'R album that has been in the fuckin works for well over a decade but instead he threw it all away with his (l'm Axl Rose and l'm more important than anybody else) shit,? Hopefully ln about 10 years time Axl's new band will be fuckin gone? and l will laugh if it happens,

Rock On Slash and VR

For Those who want to see The Axl Rose Band go to Axl's board if u like him and his tribute band, and leave G'N'R to rest

Guns N Roses 1985-1994
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 03:19:18 PM by shaunbhoy » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #211 on: April 29, 2007, 03:21:49 PM »

For Those who want to see The Axl Rose Band go to Axl's board if u like him and his tribute band, and leave G'N'R to rest

Guns N Roses 1985-1994

um hello?  you do realize this is the VR section right?   
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #212 on: April 29, 2007, 03:25:35 PM »

um hello?? you do realize this is the VR section right?? ?

yes, and l'm simply stating if u hate Velvet Revolver go to Axl's board

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #213 on: April 29, 2007, 05:27:47 PM »

Well I got news for you old chum: This is a Guns N' Roses message board and if you don't like it, fuck off.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #214 on: April 29, 2007, 06:26:32 PM »

Basic Facts

Guns N Roses 1985- 1994

The Axl Rose Band? 2001-onwards

l never even insulted u Roll Eyes , l was only giving my opinion of The Axl Rose Band, if anyone thinks that Axl's new band is Guns N Roses then? u obviously have no respect for what Slash had done for the band, l am so disgusted with Axl Rose he could have ocntinued to go on with Slash and make more than 1 G'N'R album that has been in the fuckin works for well over a decade but instead he threw it all away with his (l'm Axl Rose and l'm more important than anybody else) shit,? Hopefully ln about 10 years time Axl's new band will be fuckin gone? and l will laugh if it happens,

Rock On Slash and VR

Guns N Roses 1985-1994

everybody knows that this Axl's band is not Guns n' Roses, but for comity we call it Guns n' roses or New Guns n' Roses, everybody loves more the old and classic line up, but while there is no reunion we will enjoy New guns n' roses y Velvet Revolver.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 06:33:04 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
thecheech28
Banned
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: April 29, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »

Well I got news for you old chum: This is a Guns N' Roses message board and if you don't like it, fuck off.

/jarmo

haha you sound a bit pissed off jarmo whats up son? are you a little miffed your favourite cover band has disappeared again and all of us velvet revolver fans will have their album in our hands in july??  hey and by the way since your so well connected with that shitty cover band whens their album coming out, oh thats right your just their dog aint ya?

sit son haha

yes its a gnr board but were in the vr section and we all have different opinions, but you just seem to come to the vr section to goad true fans of a true fucking band.

you keep telling us all how shit you think vr are well mr admin i dont give a flying fuck what you think about vr, and if you choose to keep your childish attitude then its just you thats losing out on a great band, you go back the the cover band section and wait for axl throwing you a crumb off his table and you might see your precious album in maybe 10 years.

Your arguments are fucking pathetic and you really are a fucking joke these days,  I got an idea for you if you hate vr that much take the section off your fucking board well go elsewhere no loss to us, try getting out more cause sitting over your computer 24 hours a day running your board must be damaging those few precious brain cells you have left.

You used to have the coolest board on the net now it really has turned to shit and its down to you, i look forward to hearing your defence but youll probably just ban me caus eyou dont have a fucking argument.  You see some of us fans of the real gnr have faced facts that there no longer is a gnr, maybe you should try and do the same because clearly your obsession you have with that cover band cant be healthy.

Get a life mate cause for you to have to be so important on here your life must be sad and empty.

i feel fucking sorry for you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #216 on: April 29, 2007, 08:29:33 PM »

haha you sound a bit pissed off jarmo whats up son? are you a little miffed your favourite cover band has disappeared again and all of us velvet revolver fans will have their album in our hands in july??  hey and by the way since your so well connected with that shitty cover band whens their album coming out, oh thats right your just their dog aint ya?

sit son haha

yes its a gnr board but were in the vr section and we all have different opinions, but you just seem to come to the vr section to goad true fans of a true fucking band.

you keep telling us all how shit you think vr are well mr admin i dont give a flying fuck what you think about vr, and if you choose to keep your childish attitude then its just you thats losing out on a great band, you go back the the cover band section and wait for axl throwing you a crumb off his table and you might see your precious album in maybe 10 years.

Your arguments are fucking pathetic and you really are a fucking joke these days,  I got an idea for you if you hate vr that much take the section off your fucking board well go elsewhere no loss to us, try getting out more cause sitting over your computer 24 hours a day running your board must be damaging those few precious brain cells you have left.

You used to have the coolest board on the net now it really has turned to shit and its down to you, i look forward to hearing your defence but youll probably just ban me caus eyou dont have a fucking argument.  You see some of us fans of the real gnr have faced facts that there no longer is a gnr, maybe you should try and do the same because clearly your obsession you have with that cover band cant be healthy.

Well well well.

Another VR fan bites the dust because he has to bring GN'R into the VR section and try to insult me....

Get a life mate cause for you to have to be so important on here your life must be sad and empty.

Important?

No.

But it's important idiots like you understand that we have rules and since you obviously are too thick to get it, somebody has to tell you that you're not welcome here.

Don't feel sorry for me....

You're not gonna post here anymore.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SADIS
« Reply #217 on: April 30, 2007, 04:19:37 AM »

haha you sound a bit pissed off jarmo whats up son? are you a little miffed your favourite cover band has disappeared again and all of us velvet revolver fans will have their album in our hands in july??? hey and by the way since your so well connected with that shitty cover band whens their album coming out, oh thats right your just their dog aint ya?

sit son haha

Your arguments are fucking pathetic and you really are a fucking joke these days,? I got an idea for you if you hate vr that much take the section off your fucking board well go elsewhere no loss to us, try getting out more cause sitting over your computer 24 hours a day running your board must be damaging those few precious brain cells you have left.

You used to have the coolest board on the net now it really has turned to shit and its down to you, i look forward to hearing your defence but youll probably just ban me caus eyou dont have a fucking argument.? You see some of us fans of the real gnr have faced facts that there no longer is a gnr, maybe you should try and do the same because clearly your obsession you have with that cover band cant be healthy.

Well well well.

Another VR fan bites the dust because he has to bring GN'R into the VR section and try to insult me....

Important?

No.

But it's important idiots like you understand that we have rules and since you obviously are too thick to get it, somebody has to tell you that you're not welcome here.

Don't feel sorry for me....

You're not gonna post here anymore.

/jarmo

Jarmo, you just proved his point.

I feel (opinion, not stated as fact) that he is right. You are too negative about VR. I can understand you feel that way, but as an admin you only make things worse. It's your board so you can run it anyway you want it, but I don't think that your negative comments/complaints have any added value.

I think that you maybe should consider deleting the VR section. And just let anything Slash/Duff related be discussed in the "Ex-Gunners" section. Seriously, it's not much fun anymore. Or do you still want/need to have those visitors who come for VR?

rmp472
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2007, 08:25:35 AM »

The one thing I don't understand about Jarmo, having been reading messages on this board for a long time before now posting, is that Axl's new guns n roses has yet to release an album. If He has a website dedicated to guns n roses, it must be based on what all of us loved, the original guns n roses that released all the albums to date. Unless this is truly a website for Axl Rose, than why not accept Velvet revolver, it has 3 of the original member from the older albums, if you include Matt. Guns n roses was a band, Slash is a great guitarist. I personally like the Velvet Revolver music, is it as good as the Guns n Roses albums that were made by the original band? Probably not, but there are some good songs and the new stuff sounds better to me, considering we have only heard 3 songs or so, and those are live. I was a big guns n roses fan, and the leaks sound pretty good, but I am definitely in the camp that Axl should have changed the name. Gun n Roses was a band, not just Axl's band. Velvet revolver is a band as well, and not trying to use the name Gun n Roses. That being said, why be negative to either, just enjoy the music that gets made. A reunion might not really result in that magic from the past, and it might be sad. And a reunion just for some show to play the old songs, while neat, doesn't really do it for me. We already have the classic catalog of GNR music, I would like to see them reunite and make some awesome music, but if they tried and made mediocre music, it might tarnish the image. Even if Chinese democracy is better than the VR stuff, it still isn't worth 12-15 years or whatever it's been.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2007, 08:51:46 AM »

Jarmo, you just proved his point.

I know. Insults are still against the rules even though they come from a person who hates GN'R and loves VR.

I feel (opinion, not stated as fact) that he is right. You are too negative about VR.

Well many GN'R fans aren't buying it anymore.

If you can't stand the fact that GN'R fans might not like what VR stands for or their music, then you need to go look somewhere else for the fan boy posts.

You people are fucking crying about censorship, but when we say something bad about this band, we should just shut up....

I think it would be unfair to Izzy's fans to have that section filled with shit about Scott.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: