Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:11:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51259 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »

as much as i think the song itself is ok, nothing will ever make me cringe more than the line "shes potty trained, it makes you want her badly"

Dude, I don't think those are the actual lyrics. Somebody just misheard that.
(Or Scott needs to look for another job)

I believe the correct lyrics are "she's on the party scene, that makes you want her badly"

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2007, 09:24:41 AM »

Yeah, I dare criticize. Not so long ago Slash's word were not so nice ...

But now, he's all ok for a reunion tour, and Duff is full of love for Axl, etc.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
hartman
Rocker

Here since 2002

« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:01 AM »

Show me one interview with Slash or Duff in which they attacked Axl.

GNR forever !!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2007, 09:52:23 AM »

Man, you look into stuff way too deeply... Roll Eyes

A whole reunion tour? I believe he said it'd be cool to do a couple of shows, not a whole tour. And that was only because he was asked about it.

Slash has always been so-so about a reunion anyway, it's not as though he's quitting VR to pursue this. He just said it'd be cool for STP and GN'R to play some shows. And he's always seemed open to the idea, sometimes more than others.

I wouldn't believe that stuff about Duff either, that just apparently came from some fan. I'll believe it when I see it come from Duff's mouth himself.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2007, 11:08:39 AM »

as much as i think the song itself is ok, nothing will ever make me cringe more than the line "shes potty trained, it makes you want her badly"

Dude, I don't think those are the actual lyrics. Somebody just misheard that.
(Or Scott needs to look for another job)

I believe the correct lyrics are "she's on the party scene, that makes you want her badly"

oh good, thank god haha!!! Cause that line would have been hilariously cheesy if it was.

html sucks
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »

Do you know any album where Axl is without Slash/Duff/Izzy?

No, I don't. Axl hasn't released anything worth a damn since those guys left. Were you trying to prove Rocker_GNR's point by bringing this up?

TWAT, Kashmir, Let It Be, Innuendo, Jeremy

I think TWAT is completely ordinary and looks very out of place on that list.  Undecided

1- That is gonna end soon, anyway, why do you think that the delay is strictly because of the absence of Slash/Duff/Matt?
(I'm not talking about the lawsuites they lost hihi I'm talking about musical/artisitic reasons)

2- What is the difference, until now, with Slash/Duff/Matt? Do they have release worth a damn without Axl?  hihi

3- I dont care about YOUR opinion about TWAT being ''ordinary''... I am unable to care, since you're a VR fan... in fact, its very funny to hear something like that from your mouth

4- The only reason (I know its an enormous one) because TWAT is out of place in that list is because there is not a finished studio version yet. And that's it.

I'll stop with this. I am sick and tired of comparing VR with Guns N' Roses. The comparison is not serious... and the conclussions will always be very cruel for those who cant accept the present.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »

No, I don't. Axl hasn't released anything worth a damn since those guys left. Were you trying to prove Rocker_GNR's point by bringing this up?

I think TWAT is completely ordinary and looks very out of place on that list.? Undecided

1- That is gonna end soon, anyway, why do you think that the delay is strictly because of the absence of Slash/Duff/Matt?
(I'm not talking about the lawsuites they lost hihi I'm talking about musical/artisitic reasons)

2- What is the difference, until now, with Slash/Duff/Matt? Do they have release worth a damn without Axl?? hihi

3- I dont care about YOUR opinion about TWAT being ''ordinary''... I am unable to care, since you're a VR fan... in fact, its very funny to hear something like that from your mouth

4- The only reason (I know its an enormous one) because TWAT is out of place in that list is because there is not a finished studio version yet. And that's it.

I'll stop with this. I am sick and tired of comparing VR with Guns N' Roses. The comparison is not serious... and the conclussions will always be very cruel for those who cant accept the present.

I agree comparison is not serious and has no sense, Why?, Velvet Revolver play Hard Rock and New Guns n' roses play tecno, Pop, Hip Hop, Reggae, Rock, Industrial, Soul, Jazz, etc.... IS THE EVOLUTION BABY, THE EVOLUTION? hihi hihi

I miss you monaguin? Cry, also I miss kiss your ass... hihi

Take care gunner? beer
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 01:39:56 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2007, 01:38:49 PM »

This shit is really annoying me, Why can you people just fucking grow up!...

new Guns are better VR is better bla fucking bla...

Guess what? I found a nice club for you guys to join!...  Wink

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »

I think TWAT is completely ordinary and looks very out of place on that list.  Undecided

2- What is the difference, until now, with Slash/Duff/Matt? Do they have release worth a damn without Axl?  hihi

I agree comparison is not serious and has no sense, Why?, Velvet Revolver play Hard Rock and New Guns n' roses play tecno, Pop, Hip Hop, Reggae, Rock, Industrial, Soul, Jazz, etc.... IS THE EVOLUTION BABY, THE EVOLUTION  hihi hihi

I miss you monaguin  Cry, also I miss kiss your ass... hihi

Take care gunner  beer

Let's finish this, Im also as sick as grouse about the neverending (and unreasonable) comparison between one of the biggest rock band in history and a ''reality show'' new band.

The other day, I torrented Rock Am Ring in dime, and I had to upload a sample.

Show me ONE example, just ONE, of a more hard-rocking and heavier music fragment from VR than this:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/attachments/143274/1753994/IRS%20sample.mp3

I know you wont find anything, so: goodbye dude  beer

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2007, 02:21:59 PM »

Let's finish this, Im also as sick as grouse about the neverending (and unreasonable) comparison between one of the biggest rock band in history and a ''reality show'' new band.

Please don't put words in my mouth, I don't feel that way...
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2007, 02:22:14 PM »

I think TWAT is completely ordinary and looks very out of place on that list.? Undecided

2- What is the difference, until now, with Slash/Duff/Matt? Do they have release worth a damn without Axl?? hihi

I agree comparison is not serious and has no sense, Why?, Velvet Revolver play Hard Rock and New Guns n' roses play tecno, Pop, Hip Hop, Reggae, Rock, Industrial, Soul, Jazz, etc.... IS THE EVOLUTION BABY, THE EVOLUTION? hihi hihi

Take care gunner? beer

Show me ONE example, just ONE, of a more hard-rocking and heavier music fragment from VR than this:

I know you wont find anything, so: goodbye dude? beer

You keep repeating the fact that your sick of comparisons and all of these discussions but you continually go on and on about the same rubbish day in day out. If you dont want to talk about it anymore then why are you?

I'm sure I'm not the only one sick of your fanboy rantings.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Rocker_GNR
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: April 19, 2007, 02:32:30 PM »

Take care gunner? beer

I know you wont find anything, so: goodbye dude? beer

Eyy Don't say goodbye yet

Ok, that is a great song, I love it, I.R.S is really Hard and Rocks, but What dou you think about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AELrUunGjoE

Do you like the battle of killers guitars in the end of the song?

Man, I love Velvet Revolver and New guns n' roses, but your problem is that your angry for Slash don't let you enjoy VR....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 02:34:13 PM by Rocker_GNR » Logged

Old Fan of Guns N ' Roses - "That is not dead which can eternal lie / And with strange aeons even death ..."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #192 on: April 19, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

Ok, sorry. I will start to stick to the topic in question.

''I can understand Slash talking about a reunion. I think he would die for being with Axl again. But at least for me, I would like to see Guns N' Roses like it is currently, and I would like Slash to leave VR and join a better band, where he can find all the inspiration he used to have''

''Slash is one of the greatest guitarists in the world, a real rock icon, and he deserves much more than a band leaded by a Morrison wannabe''

''I say this because I had the chance to see Slash and his band live just a few days ago, and people loved him, his solos and his stage presence, but he cant solve the main problem called Weiland and his songs''

''I love Slash, I want the best for him, and I highly doubt that ''that best thing'' is a mediocre band like VR''

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: April 19, 2007, 02:54:18 PM »

Ok, sorry. I will start to stick to the topic in question.

''I can understand Slash talking about a reunion. I think he would die for being with Axl again. But at least for me, I would like to see Guns N' Roses like it is currently, and I would like Slash to leave VR and join a better band, where he can find all the inspiration he used to have''

''Slash is one of the greatest guitarists in the world, a real rock icon, and he deserves much more than a band leaded by a Morrison wannabe''

''I say this because I had the chance to see Slash and his band live just a few days ago, and people loved him, his solos and his stage presence, but he cant solve the main problem called Weiland and his songs''

''I love Slash, I want the best for him, and I highly doubt that ''that best thing'' is a mediocre band like VR''

hihi rofl rofl hihi hihi rofl hihi what a great post, man you're the best  hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl hihi hihi rofl hihi
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #194 on: April 19, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »

i also think slash would die to be again with axl  rofl hihi hihi hihi hihi rofl rofl rofl hihi
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #195 on: April 19, 2007, 03:06:04 PM »

Lol, yeah we have noticed how much you love him.....

I'm glad that you know whats best for him, give him a ring and let him know. What will you say? 'Slash, you know I love you, stop with those cigarettes and join Pearl Jam'

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #196 on: April 19, 2007, 10:27:43 PM »

1 - Is it? I don't think Axl's album is any closer to seeing the light of day. In fact, I doubt it ever will. Either way, the fact remains that it's taken him over a decade to even reach this point without Slash and Duff (and Izz, of course).

2- Yes. Contraband was a commercial success, and, more importantly, it's an album that I still listen to regularly after four years of heavy listening. It's better than UYI2, Snakepit or any of Izzy's solo stuff, imo.

3- Tough shit. I can't remember the last time I listed to TWAT. I think it's ordinary. I also find it amusing that you use it so often as an example of how Velvet Revolver is mediocre.

4- There's that reason. But also because it's ordinary.

ok

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #197 on: April 19, 2007, 10:52:52 PM »

Yes. Contraband was a commercial success, and, more importantly, it's an album that I still listen to regularly after four years of heavy listening. It's better than UYI2

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Funniest shit ever!!!! Contraband better than UYI2!!!  rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Pick any of the first 6 tracks in UYI2, just one of them, and that song would beat the fuck out of Contraband!!!

You must be fucking kidding me.

Seriously... after you saying that incredible stupidity, I realise that Im losing my time arguing with you.

Dead Flower
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2007, 11:35:10 PM »

My, what a lot of smilies. Do you post as 'Funeral' over at MYGNR?  hihi

UYI2 is full of bloated shit, imo. I doubt I'd ever listen to it if it weren't for YCBM. The first six songs? Which should I pick first? The embarrassingly bad Get In The Ring or Shotgun Blues? The hilariously bad Dylan cover? Yesterdays ... possibly the lamest song GnR ever recorded?

GNR are my fav band of all time, but that album has really not aged well with me. Yes, I much prefer Contraband.

But you're right about one thing, champ ... you're losing.  ok

NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2007, 03:56:09 AM »

Dead Flower, could you list songs on the UYI's albums that you like ? Or that you think are good songs ?

CB being better than UYI2 ? Yeah, right.

I also wanted to say to all the posters that flamed me a few posts above that this is my opinion. I think Sla$h is trying to fuck up GN'R's comeback because he sees that the cd is almost there.

Just tell me why a guy who is on tour with his band, supporting his forthcoming album, would say something like that ? What are his reasons ?

I wonder what Weiland thinks about that.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: