Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:15:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51351 times)
Disco Volante
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2007, 07:06:59 PM »

Not gonna happen any time "soon".  Grin
DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2007, 07:07:18 PM »

You know it's too bad that this topic has become the main disscusion when we have a couple of new VR tunes that just rock. Right now I just wanna hear new music from both bands for that matter.

I'm so excited to hear new VR material and besids this hasn't been the first time Slash has said this.  But once again the media always throws this topic in all of their faces and can never get away from it.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2007, 08:42:19 PM »

Slash knew what he was doing -   Trying to detract attention from what GnR is doing.if you don't think he is kept at least somewhat up to date with what is going on in GnR land you are just nieve.

So your saying that Slash made a deal with the guy interviewing him before it happened to make sure he mentioned how much Brazil loved Guns N' Roses, and what the chances were of ever getting the band back together?

What was he supposed to do when the reporter asks that question, which gets asked of every gunner every time they're interviewed? Storm off the set and tell the guy to fuck himself, or sit there and give him a silent death stare?

Maybe you should coach him then on how he is supposed to respond to others who keep brining the subject up. He can't control that, and people will keep asking that question until either it happens or one of them dies.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2007, 10:14:33 PM »

after hearing She Builds Quick Machines, I can imagine Slash begging Axl for a reunion.

I am a big VR fan.......... but crying

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2007, 03:04:44 AM »

from interviews I have heard over the past 10 years....they are all open to the idea to reuniting with the exception of Axl......Axl has his thing going here..id like to see where it goes before we talk about a reunion of any kind
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2007, 08:12:08 AM »

I definitely think a reunion in the very near future would be badass !

Guns n Roses has never just been about Axl.

Slash provided just as much soul.
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: April 17, 2007, 08:32:56 AM »

You know it's too bad that this topic has become the main disscusion when we have a couple of new VR tunes that just rock. Right now I just wanna hear new music from both bands for that matter.

I'm so excited to hear new VR material and besids this hasn't been the first time Slash has said this.? But once again the media always throws this topic in all of their faces and can never get away from it.

Dude, you're right in a way, but we are talking about one of the greatest bands ever. So, journalist and fans can't just get around the question of reunion and not mention it. Velvet Revolver weren't and won't be ever as big as GN'R were. It same goes for Axl and Guns now. It's just that the world have a music hunger for bad ass rock n' roll. I am also excited about Libertad and Chinese Democracy but it is not as Guns N' Roses during the '80 and '90's. And of course, this is only my opinion. And yes, if I meet one day Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven or Matt I will ask him if he's planning a reunion with the others and than I will ask them about the current projects.  peace

"...It don't really matter..."
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2007, 10:08:11 AM »

I've seen both the 91' lineup and 2006 lineup.

Axl's new guns are good musicians but you can tell right away that it's a completely different band on all levels.

The chemistry and raw vibe that the original lieup shared will probably never be matched.

I think Slash saying he would do a reunion is probably music to Axl's ears.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #108 on: April 17, 2007, 10:17:08 AM »

I've seen both the 91' lineup and 2006 lineup.

Axl's new guns are good musicians but you can tell right away that it's a completely different band on all levels.

The chemistry and raw vibe that the original lieup shared will probably never be matched.

I think Slash saying he would do a reunion is probably music to Axl's ears.

good point ok

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #109 on: April 17, 2007, 02:00:11 PM »

A couple of days ago, Slash was interviewed by MTV Brazil.? The interviewer asked about the original line-up reuniting and Slash says he wouldn't be opposed to it for a couple of gigs...just for fun.? Yet, all the news outlets are proclaiming that Slash "wants" a reunion.

You can see how the media twists the reality to suit their needs...this is a list of all of the articles about the recent interview...notice how widely they vary even though they are all talking about the same thing...

http://news.google.com/news?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&tab=wn&ncl=1115424012&hl=en

I only really bring this up to point out when we hear stuff, how hard it is to know what's really true and what's just an exaggerated news story.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 05:43:29 PM by Falcon » Logged

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #110 on: April 17, 2007, 02:04:35 PM »

nothing to do with gn'r. the media twist and contort everything to sell papers, etc.

treat anything written by a journo as "entertainment" and nothing more.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #111 on: April 17, 2007, 02:08:09 PM »

nothing to do with gn'r. the media twist and contort everything to sell papers, etc.

Your opinion about journalism is really a prejudice.

I am a journalist and I know it can fuck up a lot of times, but we are not ALL like that.

DeadHorse
Rocker

Where's my cinder block

« Reply #112 on: April 17, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »

I'm so excited to hear new VR material and besids this hasn't been the first time Slash has said this.? But once again the media always throws this topic in all of their faces and can never get away from it.

Dude, you're right in a way, but we are talking about one of the greatest bands ever. So, journalist and fans can't just get around the question of reunion and not mention it. Velvet Revolver weren't and won't be ever as big as GN'R were. It same goes for Axl and Guns now. It's just that the world have a music hunger for bad ass rock n' roll. I am also excited about Libertad and Chinese Democracy but it is not as Guns N' Roses during the '80 and '90's. And of course, this is only my opinion. And yes, if I meet one day Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven or Matt I will ask him if he's planning a reunion with the others and than I will ask them about the current projects.? peace

I couldn't agree with you anymore, the orginal Gunner are one of the greatest bands of all time. VR nor Axl's G n' R will ever be as big as Guns were from 88 - 93, they were the last great rock n' roll band.

I guess my point is that I think the media should just give it a break for a while, let VR and Axl run it's course.

It seems that no matter what any former band member say it snowballs and nothing good ever comes of it. This thread is a perfect example.

Books are useless! I only ever read one book, ?To Kill A Mockingbird,? and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #113 on: April 17, 2007, 03:09:47 PM »

I couldn't agree with you anymore, the orginal Gunner are one of the greatest bands of all time. VR nor Axl's G n' R will ever be as big as Guns were from 88 - 93, they were the last great rock n' roll band.

They were the greatest band around at the time.

But it's amusing how you manage to lump at least three different line-ups together and refer to them as the "original".

1988-1990: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Steven
1990-1991: Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff, Dizzy, Matt
1991-1993: Axl, Slash, Gilby, Duff, Dizzy, Matt

See?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #114 on: April 17, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »

But it's amusing how you manage to lump at least three different line-ups together and refer to them as the "original".

See?

/jarmo

Jarmo, don't forget the three dates in 1993 when it was Axl/Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt/Dizzy
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: April 17, 2007, 05:40:48 PM »

Your opinion about journalism is really a prejudice.

I am a journalist and I know it can fuck up a lot of times, but we are not ALL like that.

not all, but 95% Tongue
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #116 on: April 17, 2007, 06:06:37 PM »

See?

/jarmo

We all know what was the original line-up. Unfortunatelly, Steven is not so powerful (as a musician, as a human, as a position in the band) as Izzy, Slash and Duff were. Especially Slash. So many people don't regret Matt replacing Steven. Actually, a lot think that Matt was better. BUT, Slash, Izzy and Duff are tottally different case...

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #117 on: April 17, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »

You can twist it any way you want. The original line-up ended in 1990.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gummyfish
Rocker

« Reply #118 on: April 17, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/slash_wants_guns_n_roses_to_reunite.html

who the hell knows anymore.
SlashHoppus182
What's My Age Again?
Banned
Opening Act

Blink182

« Reply #119 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:31 PM »

Wow. Very unexpected. Nice find  beer

Hyman will whoop you x2!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: