Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:22:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51370 times)
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »

he says that he was willing to do a couple shows with a reunited STP....thats not a full reunioon with a tour and an album and shit...just a couple gigs Roll Eyes

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #81 on: April 16, 2007, 12:40:12 PM »

It's not weak at all.

Only some fans think it's "weak" because their favorite members quit ten years ago and they can't get over it.

So they think Axl has to let those guys back in. And if he doesn't, he's the asshole who refuses to make the big reunion dream come true.  Roll Eyes

Not at all. I was just referring to the "Damn Slash had to say that this close to CD, now what'll happen to the current band?" kind of posts:

he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

not with how amazing the band is, no reason to fuck up that chemistry and all.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #82 on: April 16, 2007, 12:51:35 PM »

i think alot of what jarmo says on this one is true, however, you cant say you wouldnt like to see the original line up reunite for just one gig.

I don't want anybody to reunite for the wrong reasons......

That's what was funny about the Sex Pistols. At least they were honest about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #83 on: April 16, 2007, 01:01:44 PM »

http://www.nme.com/news/slash/27727

Guns N' Roses to reunite?
Slash hints towards 'theoretical' reunion dates
1 hour ago
Slash has admitted that he wants his band Velvet Revolver to stop playing songs by Guns N Roses and Stone Temple Pilots, and would instead like the two groups to reunite.

Slash also announced to Chilean magazine Rock & Pop that he intends to drop Guns N Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs from the setlist later this year.

However speaking to the Brazilian branch of MTV, the star, who left Guns N Roses in 1996, said reunions of both bands are a possibility.

"I'm not saying never," he explained. "You know, I was saying it would be a good idea to get, just for a couple of shows, to get the original STP and the original Guns N Roses just to do a couple of shows for the fun of it."

Meanwhile, Velvet Revolver's US tour begins on May 4, though their second album 'Libertad' has had its release pushed back from early June this year to later that month.

The first single from the LP will be called 'She Builds Quick Machines.

?
CVBTank
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2007, 01:03:21 PM »

Sorry, thought this would be considered GnR news.  hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2007, 01:07:41 PM »

Slash has admitted that he wants his band Velvet Revolver to stop playing songs by Guns N Roses and Stone Temple Pilots, and would instead like the two groups to reunite.

This story keeps getting better and better Roll Eyes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2007, 01:53:22 PM »

Slash hints towards 'theoretical' reunion dates
1 hour ago

that's just pathetic, talk about putting a spin on things  Roll Eyes
RageNirvanaNIN
Mr sensitive
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2007, 03:05:42 PM »

He has a point though , unlike axl slash does not want to live in the past hahah. Look I never though a GNR reunion on any scale would be possible , but then izzy jammed and after seeing Pink Floyd reunite , Im amazed that hell didn't freeze over.  Slash seems to set differences apart , Right now isn't the best time for Axl , he just got a decent line up together and all that jazz. I could see it in the future , I could see a Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame gig , the beauty. I doubt steven would jump in on the reunion , most likely matt would be drumming  beer ANY gnr reunion is a good one
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.

While at this moment in time, it actually doesn't matter to me if they don't get back together ... you have to admit, that statement is ludicrous...

Axl would be a massive success if the old GnR got back together.  They'd easily sell out stadium gigs worldwide... if they wrote an album, it'd sell FAR more copies than Chinese is likely to.

maybe a reunion tour would be a big success, but Axl would be deemed a failure.  Why do you think he carried on the GnR name, he wants to prove to the world that he can do this without Slash and Co, and I think its important he does that before he even considers sharing a stage with them again.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2007, 04:58:13 PM »

Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.

While at this moment in time, it actually doesn't matter to me if they don't get back together ... you have to admit, that statement is ludicrous...

Axl would be a massive success if the old GnR got back together. They'd easily sell out stadium gigs worldwide... if they wrote an album, it'd sell FAR more copies than Chinese is likely to.

maybe a reunion tour would be a big success, but Axl would be deemed a failure. Why do you think he carried on the GnR name, he wants to prove to the world that he can do this without Slash and Co, and I think its important he does that before he even considers sharing a stage with them again.
Look it doen't matter what Axl does now, he will never be deemed a failure! He's been so successful already! He won't be a failure ever! The new GnR is here to stay, I would be fairly sure of that but I don't think any of the new members would feel hurt or upset if the original lineup got together to do a performance. It would be alot of fun for all involved. It would be sad, while all members are still alive, if they were to say they'd never play together again. The Eagles, Pink Floyd, The Police... all these guys allowed time to heal all wounds and got back together again. The original GnR could possibly do it and I think they've all considered it. Slash and Duff would, Izzy has, Steven really wants to and Axl is probably just waiting for a good moment to do it. These guys aren't teenage punks with bad attitudes, they're mature men at this stage and they all know its a possibility. One day it will happen, maybe not an album but definately a performance!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2007, 05:07:38 PM »

It is amazing how the media twists the original interview.  This from starpulse.com

The guitarist has opened discussions about a possible joint Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots tour after telling Brazil's MTV he doesn't think such a plan is impossible.

As part of the plan, he, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum would return to Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland would take center stage with the disbanded STP.

Now there is a plan and a tour hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #91 on: April 16, 2007, 05:12:20 PM »

Slash knew what he was doing -   Trying to detract attention from what GnR is doing.

if you don't think he is kept at least somewhat up to date with what is going on in GnR land you are just nieve.   
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 16, 2007, 05:14:06 PM »

It is amazing how the media twists the original interview.? This from starpulse.com

The guitarist has opened discussions about a possible joint Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots tour after telling Brazil's MTV he doesn't think such a plan is impossible.

As part of the plan, he, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum would return to Guns N' Roses and Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland would take center stage with the disbanded STP.

Now there is a plan and a tour hihi

hihi Yeah you gotta love the media...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2007, 05:32:29 PM »

This shit happened when they reported on Steven meeting in Axl too.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #94 on: April 16, 2007, 05:48:31 PM »

Don't reunite for the same reasons Motley Crue version 1997 or Van Halen 2004-I love both bands but if the members still hate each other or if there are still hard feelings, forget it-I loved generation swine but after reading about how money and the record company pressured them to do it, forget it-I'm perfectly happy with VR and the new GNR lineup, thank you.

libertad
Verasa
Be original.Be yourself
VIP

« Reply #95 on: April 16, 2007, 06:30:34 PM »

don't fuckin kill me if this has been posted and deleted.. I DIDN'T KNOW!!!!

5/14/06 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
11/12/11 Kansas City, MO
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 16, 2007, 06:34:42 PM »

If Axl has no interest in it happening, then I doubt very much it ever will. If he does, than maybe it will... Smiley

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
WhiteRose
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: April 16, 2007, 06:46:06 PM »

EDIT: Sorry about that, I had originally posted this in the main GNR section and didn't realize that everything was being diverted here.

Cheers,
W.R.

04/16/2007 4:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
courtesy of NME.com

Slash has admitted that he wants his band Velvet Revolver to stop playing songs by Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots, and would instead like the two groups to reunite.

Slash also announced to Chilean magazine Rock & Pop that he intends to drop Guns N' Roses and Stone Temple Pilots songs from the setlist later this year.

However speaking to the Brazilian branch of MTV, the star, who left Guns N' Roses in 1996, said reunions of both bands are a possibility.

"I'm not saying never," he explained. "You know, I was saying it would be a good idea to get, just for a couple of shows, to get the original STP and the original Guns N' Roses just to do a couple of shows for the fun of it."

Meanwhile, Velvet Revolver's U.S. tour begins on May 4, though their second album Libertad has had its release pushed back from early June this year to July 3.

The first single from the LP will be called "She Builds Quick Machines."

For more music news, go to NME.com.

Link to article: http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/42653798
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 07:01:21 PM by WhiteRose » Logged
AdlerAddict
Banned
Opening Act

I'm baaaaaaack.

« Reply #98 on: April 16, 2007, 06:47:53 PM »

I'd like to see this happen. 

When people think Guns N Roses, of course they think Slash.
sc
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2007, 07:05:15 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oug8Z4uIhmw

http://download.yousendit.com/7A459F3A379F5729

http://rapidshare.com/files/25699054/slash...il.com.MPG.html
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: