Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51388 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2007, 08:29:09 AM »

please women for fuck sake Roll Eyes

just leave, both of the sides.. the ones who can't stand the VR members stay out of the section and the people who can't stand GNR leave this fucking board altogether
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2007, 11:26:05 AM »

this is just slash's attempt to stir up the fanbase. Roll Eyes

now he is saying he's open to reunion shows.  knowing damn well it would end up on every gnr site on the net.   

now all these people for whatever reason, take this as "a reunion is going to happen now".   and when it doesn't and they are disappointed, guess who is getting the blame!?  Slash? nooooo he's the good guy here, he wants to be in GnR again but mean ol Axl won't let him.

Thats EXACTLY what will happen.   Slash just trying to paint himself like the good guy and make Axl look like a dick.     

This is exactly the type of shit Axl was talking about that night in Albany in 2002.   
What do you mean? IMO, it looks like Slash honestly wants to do a few reunion shows. So he's the "good guy" who looks like the "good guy" of the two of'em.

Btw, I didn't want to use "good guy" but you brought it up Tongue Good guy would be here the guy who is willing to do, as the fans want, a few reunion shows.
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2007, 12:20:06 PM »

this is just slash's attempt to stir up the fanbase. Roll Eyes

now he is saying he's open to reunion shows.? knowing damn well it would end up on every gnr site on the net.? ?

now all these people for whatever reason, take this as "a reunion is going to happen now".? ?and when it doesn't and they are disappointed, guess who is getting the blame!?? Slash? nooooo he's the good guy here, he wants to be in GnR again but mean ol Axl won't let him.

Thats EXACTLY what will happen.? ?Slash just trying to paint himself like the good guy and make Axl look like a dick.? ? ?

This is exactly the type of shit Axl was talking about that night in Albany in 2002.? ?

Go to (The Axl Rose Band) board if u like him and his dumb fuckin tribute band, This is a VR board and as for Axl he may be a complete dick as he ruined G'N'R because of his ego,? GO TO (THE AXL ROSE BAND) BOARD IF U HATE VELVET REVOLVER, THIS IS A VELVET REVOLVER BOARD FOR VELVET REVOLVER FANS, NOT FOR GUYS WHO COME IN STIRRING SHIT ABOUT G'N'R NOT REUNITING, WE WILL SEE A REUNION IN THE FUTURE WETHER U LIEK IT OR NOT rant Roll Eyes

WO WO WO....i mean im on you're side for the most of it...but it ISNT axl's fault alone...yes he is stubborn etc etc....even people have said he is a great person also the biggest asshole aswell....but axl, slash and EVERYONE had musical diffrences about the musical direction....myself personally think axl was wrong about "his" direction but it was not his fault alone that the band broke up....also for the third time i say a reunion IMO will indefinatly happen
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 12:23:57 PM by slashisvr » Logged

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »

Go to (The Axl Rose Band) board if u like him and his dumb fuckin tribute band, This is a VR board and as for Axl he may be a complete dick as he ruined G'N'R because of his ego,  GO TO (THE AXL ROSE BAND) BOARD IF U HATE VELVET REVOLVER, THIS IS A VELVET REVOLVER BOARD FOR VELVET REVOLVER FANS, NOT FOR GUYS WHO COME IN STIRRING SHIT ABOUT G'N'R NOT REUNITING, WE WILL SEE A REUNION IN THE FUTURE WETHER U LIEK IT OR NOT rant Roll Eyes

Shut up.
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2007, 05:12:19 PM »

At work today They played KOHD. After the song the guy comes on and said. Slash would like to do afew show with the old band. He said it would be Fun to just do afew shows. Nothing big like making a album and shit. He had said this in a new interview. Does anyone know about this?

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2007, 05:13:23 PM »

BULLSHIT.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Axlfreek
Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2007, 05:16:54 PM »

BULLSHIT.

its not bullshit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxOZ7P4WPqo

"Live the full life of the mind, exhilarated by new ideas, intoxicated by the romance of the unusual."
Hemingway
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »

So he changed his mind in not even a month. In the recent issue of Guitar Edge he said it's not something he is even considering. What the fuck is up with that man?

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gnrfanxxx
Rocker

The majority

« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2007, 06:26:17 PM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.? Shame on him.? ?he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.? but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.? ok? Dream on slash.

just because slash made a joke doesnt mean he's trying to get more attention.

where does it leave me, when you dont believe in me?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2007, 06:50:12 PM »

wait who unlocked this thread again?
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2007, 07:41:17 AM »

Hello? If Slash performed with Axl again it would be the greatest reunion of all time. There's a bunch of children knocking this idea and dissing Slash for saying it! Without even checking profiles I know these are obviously kids that have probably jumped on the GnR bandwagon long after the original band peaked. We all know that Axl is the only original GnR member and that this new band is fantastic but don't ever knock the opportunity for these legends to perform together again. Pink Floyd did it, GnR could do it... I guess it just doesn't mean the same thing to the younger fans who didn't grow up during their hey day! I guess I can understand their ignorance having never experienced what the original band meant to so many people.

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2007, 07:46:49 AM »

i like how slash says, the original guns n roses and STP, hes treading dangerous grounds when scott weilan could potentially see his answer/suggestion

html sucks
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2007, 08:30:41 AM »

Hello? If Slash performed with Axl again it would be the greatest reunion of all time. There's a bunch of children knocking this idea and dissing Slash for saying it! Without even checking profiles I know these are obviously kids that have probably jumped on the GnR bandwagon long after the original band peaked. We all know that Axl is the only original GnR member and that this new band is fantastic but don't ever knock the opportunity for these legends to perform together again. Pink Floyd did it, GnR could do it... I guess it just doesn't mean the same thing to the younger fans who didn't grow up during their hey day! I guess I can understand their ignorance having never experienced what the original band meant to so many people.

well maybe you outta take the time to check, because I got into GNR when the Illusion albums came out, I was 12 years old.  They have been my favorite band ever since. Roll Eyes

Just because I am happy with the lineup we have doesn't mean I hate the original band, I just would rather Axl and the band continue the way they are then bring back ex-members.    Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.

In all fairness it's not exactly like he is lighting the world on fire with the current course of action (at least in the eyes of most people not on GNR message boards) so maybe a change the course strategy wouldn't be such a bad thing.
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »

well maybe you outta take the time to check, because I got into GNR when the Illusion albums came out, I was 12 years old. They have been my favorite band ever since. Roll Eyes

Just because I am happy with the lineup we have doesn't mean I hate the original band, I just would rather Axl and the band continue the way they are then bring back ex-members. Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.
So what you're saying is you wouldn't like to see them perform together again cos they'd be failures. I don't think so... I will be delighted to hear Chinese Democracy when it comes out but I would never say I wouldn't like the original band to do a performance again... why would people not want to see it? I know I'd buy a ticket

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
darkmonth
« Reply #75 on: April 16, 2007, 10:17:26 AM »

Axl would be a complete failure if he brought them back, so he's not going to do it.

While at this moment in time, it actually doesn't matter to me if they don't get back together ... you have to admit, that statement is ludicrous...

Axl would be a massive success if the old GnR got back together.  They'd easily sell out stadium gigs worldwide... if they wrote an album, it'd sell FAR more copies than Chinese is likely to.

Most GnR fans here love Axl Rose.  Most of the outside world who used to know/like GnR, love Slash.

It'd be huge.

That said ... I think Slagging Slash off for a couple of small comments he made is pointless, and everyone in this thread saying he's an asshole, OR that it'd be awesome coz he's interested ... are stupid.

Slash did not say he wants to do it ... he was answering a theoretical question.
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2007, 10:24:45 AM »

Why is everyone afraid of Slash? Is the current lineup that weak?

Fuck 'Em All.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »

here's the full interview, put's things in a little more perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belDP1nfkXE
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2007, 12:28:35 PM »

Most GnR fans here love Axl Rose.  Most of the outside world who used to know/like GnR, love Slash.

Is that why Snakepit were playing arenas and headlining festivals?

Oh wait....

Slash as a brand is well-known, both for his talents as a guitar player and as a character in the rock n' roll world.

But to say he's loved by most of those casual people who used to be into GN'R is kinda ridiculous. Many of them were fans of Axl as well.

When people go see GN'R these days they get to hear the voice they recognize from the albums they bought years ago. I don't think the average ticket buyer is that concerned about who plays the guitar parts or who's on drums.

That's why VR works. You have the GN'R fan base curious to see what the former members working together can do. Plus you got a bunch of kids who like STP.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they find out that the novelty has worn off....

Why is everyone afraid of Slash? Is the current lineup that weak?

It's not weak at all.

Only some fans think it's "weak" because their favorite members quit ten years ago and they can't get over it.

So they think Axl has to let those guys back in. And if he doesn't, he's the asshole who refuses to make the big reunion dream come true.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »

i think alot of what jarmo says on this one is true, however, you cant say you wouldnt like to see the original line up reunite for just one gig.

html sucks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: