Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 02:34:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash on GNR Reunion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash on GNR Reunion  (Read 51347 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 03:32:29 PM »

Do we really need 4 threads on the same fucking subject...

Looks like they merged them all into my thread.

I'm not reading too much into this clip.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:56:28 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 03:44:35 PM »

bah... I dont want a reunion, I like this current GNR lineup and Axl seems to think like me about this.

Dream on slash...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007, 04:11:27 PM »

I think it'd be okay for Slash to play some songs with GNR after they got Chinese Democracy out.

No it wouldn't, because it wouldn't be fair to the new band members. It would be pandamonium in any arena that type of thing were to happen, and it would immediately remind people how stupid it was they all broke up in the first place, and just how electric it is when they are on stage together. That scenario doesn't help GNR or VR.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2007, 05:31:55 PM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.  Shame on him.   he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.  but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.  ok  Dream on slash.

If Slash wants to reunite with G'N'R for some shows like the way Izzy did last year then, l think it would be great. apart from what u think Roll Eyes we'll be seeing a reunion very shortly, lf it does happen its gonna be fuckin great Grin , it just shows u how much Slash cares about reuniting Wink , if it does happen l will be fuckin laughing hihi , the only reason u post shit saying that The Axl Rose Band has no future plans of reuniting the old G'N'R is because u hate Slash Wink think about it dude if Slash was'nt around there would been no G'N'R Cool , this is a Velvet Revolver board if u want to talk about The Axl Rose Band go to the new G'N'R Board if u hate Velvet Revolver that much! Roll Eyes

shut up little boy.   this shit was in the GNR section when I made that post.  and if you want me to reply to you in the future and have a discussion, try not referring to GnR as the Axl Rose Band.  ok
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2007, 05:32:54 PM »

bah... I dont want a reunion, I like this current GNR lineup and Axl seems to think like me about this.

Dream on slash...

exactly.  its not going to happen, not with how amazing the band is, no reason to fuck up that chemistry and all.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »

if this reunion was to be, and for real and it would be lasting with axl, slash, duff, dizzy izzy and matt/adler.. i would hope that pitman, frank, bbf, fortus, tommy and finck stayed together as a band and started something cool and could be opener for reunited-GNR, that would also kick ass
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

All HTGTH Moderators are Pussy's

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2007, 06:02:01 PM »

Slash is only saying this shit to try to detract attention from the current Guns.? Shame on him.? ?he's never said anything remotely close to this before, he just waits until GnR is getting ready to release chinese D and then trys to stir the fans up with his reunion shit.

slash fucking wishes axl would give him a reunion, of course.? but its not happening, Axl would not sell himself out like that.? ok? Dream on slash.

If Slash wants to reunite with G'N'R for some shows like the way Izzy did last year then, l think it would be great. apart from what u think Roll Eyes we'll be seeing a reunion very shortly, lf it does happen its gonna be fuckin great Grin , it just shows u how much Slash cares about reuniting Wink , if it does happen l will be fuckin laughing hihi , the only reason u post shit saying that The Axl Rose Band has no future plans of reuniting the old G'N'R is because u hate Slash Wink think about it dude if Slash was'nt around there would been no G'N'R Cool , this is a Velvet Revolver board if u want to talk about The Axl Rose Band go to the new G'N'R Board if u hate Velvet Revolver that much! Roll Eyes

shut up little boy.? ?this shit was in the GNR section when I made that post.? and if you want me to reply to you in the future and have a discussion, try not referring to GnR as the Axl Rose Band.? ok

look old timer  don't call me a little boy ok and don't ever fuckin tell me to shut up, this is a Velvet Revolver board if u don't like them then go to the Axl Rose band board, its not cool insulting Slash , the man who made the music to G'N'R not the Axl Rose Band, lf u think that Robin Finck is fuckin great , fuck him, he lives on another fuckin planet for all l care, Roll on Reunion, if it does happen l'll be fuckin laughing at u hihi

Sometimes l Feel Like I'm Beating A Dead Horse
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2007, 06:07:30 PM »

i would hope that pitman, frank, bbf, fortus, tommy and finck stayed together as a band and started something cool and could be opener for reunited-GNR, that would also kick ass

It's pretty fair to say that without Axl Rose singing in front of them they would be a higher class version of Hookers & Blow and have a hard time selling out a dive bar. Doesn't mean they're not night guys, but Axl Rose is/was/always will be the center of the universe with this group.
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2007, 06:24:17 PM »

Dream on slash...

exactly.? its not going to happen, not with how amazing the band is, no reason to fuck up that chemistry and all.

Oh it's going to happen someday whether you like it or not...

It's stupid to say that it won't happen there's simply too much money involved for it not to happen....

It's pretty fair to say that without Axl Rose singing in front of them they would be a higher class version of Hookers & Blow and have a hard time selling out a dive bar. Doesn't mean they're not night guys, but Axl Rose is/was/always will be the center of the universe with this group.

and vice versa.....If you believe that axl would've made it on his own than you're truly delusional...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 06:29:50 PM by Grouse » Logged
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2007, 06:31:57 PM »

Axl reuniting with the originals would be a very stupid move on his part.    Thats why I'm convinced he won't do it.  He would be selling out every last bit of integrity he has and he would be a complete failure.  No amount of money is worth that, and therefore he is not going to do it.   He will keep going with the band he has, and rightfully so.

Slash can dream all he wants.

shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2007, 06:35:25 PM »

Axl reuniting with the originals would be a very stupid move on his part.? ? Thats why I'm convinced he won't do it.? He would be selling out every last bit of integrity he has and he would be a complete failure.? No amount of money is worth that, and therefore he is not going to do it.? ?He will keep going with the band he has, and rightfully so.

Slash is 10 times better than Robin Finck dude, Axl would probably want Slash to play at a few shows, cause Slash is G'N'R , Robin (fuckhead, l live on another planet) Finck ain't G'N'R he is with the Axl Rose band old timer.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2007, 06:42:16 PM »

This is what they should do.  Bury the hatchet.  Now I'm all for the current GNR, I don't want to see a reunion, I love the band the way it is.  And Velvet Revolver is too good of a band to just break up.  So what they should do is tour together.  Do a HUGE world tour GNR/VR World Tour !  They would play their own sets, but for the final song of the night.  The original GNR members would do Paradise City.

Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2007, 05:00:25 AM »

Axl reuniting with the originals would be a very stupid move on his part.? ? Thats why I'm convinced he won't do it.? He would be selling out every last bit of integrity he has and he would be a complete failure.? No amount of money is worth that, and therefore he is not going to do it.? ?He will keep going with the band he has, and rightfully so.

I agree that it would indeed be a very stupid move from both sides to do a full blown reunion tour but if they were to come together for a charity like let's say live Aid and just do that show I could live with that...
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2007, 05:23:27 AM »

It will happen...its a matter of time.axl wouldnt be selling out to anyone....i mean they guys broke up over musical direction diffrences...while the new GNR music has changed...so has slash's style using much more available to them.

theyr'es just as grouse said too much money for it not to happen....the band...promoters will make shit loads of money from a tour/show of any kind with the Orignial GNR.

i think it's pure stupid if you think it wont happen. dynamic duo's such as slash/axl always end up back together.

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2007, 06:01:49 AM »

this is just slash's attempt to stir up the fanbase. Roll Eyes

now he is saying he's open to reunion shows.  knowing damn well it would end up on every gnr site on the net.   

now all these people for whatever reason, take this as "a reunion is going to happen now".   and when it doesn't and they are disappointed, guess who is getting the blame!?  Slash? nooooo he's the good guy here, he wants to be in GnR again but mean ol Axl won't let him.

Thats EXACTLY what will happen.   Slash just trying to paint himself like the good guy and make Axl look like a dick.     

This is exactly the type of shit Axl was talking about that night in Albany in 2002.   
badapple81
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2007, 06:10:53 AM »

Was this interview recent?

This interview, Duff's comments about Axl.. interesting timing for all of these comments to be coming out with an album on its way..
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2007, 06:11:39 AM »

This interview, Duff's comments about Axl.. interesting timing for all of these comments to be coming out with an album on its way..

exactly!  they are trying to detract attention from the current lineup by getting the fans speculating about a reunion.  rant
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2007, 06:15:07 AM »

exactly!? they are trying to detract attention from the current lineup by getting the fans speculating about a reunion.? rant

yeah, but it's a wierd promotion for libertad or is it actually brilliant?

now he is saying he's open to reunion shows. knowing damn well it would end up on every gnr site on the net.

now all these people for whatever reason, take this as "a reunion is going to happen now". and when it doesn't and they are disappointed, guess who is getting the blame!? Slash? nooooo he's the good guy here, he wants to be in GnR again but mean ol Axl won't let him.

Thats EXACTLY what will happen. Slash just trying to paint himself like the good guy and make Axl look like a dick.

This is exactly the type of shit Axl was talking about that night in Albany in 2002.

here's that from albany if anyone's interrested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b49_v52OGNg
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 06:17:27 AM by CheapJon » Logged
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2007, 07:36:08 AM »

this is a Velvet Revolver board if u don't like them then go to the Axl Rose band board

I think this more like ... a GN'R board with a VR section ?

There will be no reunion.

Oh it's going to happen someday whether you like it or not...

It's stupid to say that it won't happen there's simply too much money involved for it not to happen....

If they do it for the money then it will be fucking lame. But we know some do like money.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
shaunbhoy
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »

now he is saying he's open to reunion shows.? knowing damn well it would end up on every gnr site on the net.? ?

now all these people for whatever reason, take this as "a reunion is going to happen now".? ?and when it doesn't and they are disappointed, guess who is getting the blame!?? Slash? nooooo he's the good guy here, he wants to be in GnR again but mean ol Axl won't let him.

Thats EXACTLY what will happen.? ?Slash just trying to paint himself like the good guy and make Axl look like a dick.? ? ?

This is exactly the type of shit Axl was talking about that night in Albany in 2002.? ?

Go to (The Axl Rose Band) board if u like him and his dumb fuckin tribute band, This is a VR board and as for Axl he may be a complete dick as he ruined G'N'R because of his ego,  GO TO (THE AXL ROSE BAND) BOARD IF U HATE VELVET REVOLVER, THIS IS A VELVET REVOLVER BOARD FOR VELVET REVOLVER FANS, NOT FOR GUYS WHO COME IN STIRRING SHIT ABOUT G'N'R NOT REUNITING, WE WILL SEE A REUNION IN THE FUTURE WETHER U LIEK IT OR NOT rant Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: